• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Q&A and FAQ Thread <- VISIT THIS THREAD BEFORE CREATING A NEW TOPIC

abhishekh

Smash Journeyman
I'm really not that good with Toon Link, but at friendlies yesterday I used him a bit to counter Snakes, and lost but I still got really close, and did better with Tink than my main or other secondaries against Snake.

But I still lost, and I looked in the matchup thread and they said that it was old and outdated when I linked to the Snake discussion.

Any help?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I'm really not that good with Toon Link, but at friendlies yesterday I used him a bit to counter Snakes, and lost but I still got really close, and did better with Tink than my main or other secondaries against Snake.

But I still lost, and I looked in the matchup thread and they said that it was old and outdated when I linked to the Snake discussion.

Any help?
Stay away from his tilts. His tilts are godly.

Alzi

Smash Master
I do better against a snake when i'm not even using toon link and toon link is the only character i main and play. Thats how i can tell more about matchups and things like that :p.

Yeah just space carfully, play smoothly and fast and stay away from the tilts. Also **** his recovery.

You must NEVER let a snake get within range of you. You have to outcamp him, and when he gets to close, you run away and camp him again. His close range beats ours by a million percent. The match up isn't outdated really. If we were to rediscuss it, it would still be 45:55.

NeoTLkid

Smash Cadet
I have another question, what do i do if my opponent is extremely agressive, so agressive that i can't space my attacks,
I don't know what to do
what are my options when they're in my face (excluding jab)

NearZzz

Smash Lord
Nair or Bair OOS (Out of shield) works nicely against overly aggresive players. Grabs if they aren't spacing.

NeoTLkid

Smash Cadet
they spam tap dodge so it wouldn`t hit
I use u-tilt, and bair for punishing dodges.
are their moves I should use instead?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
No, nothing like that.
If you belong to certain groups, you get different titles. If your post count goes up, you get different titles.
If you buy the premium membership , you can choose your own title.

A~Kid/ToonethLinkage

Wants His Own Custom Title
Okay I have a TERRIBLE problem. When I sh to Bomb pull to C4 bomb drop thing, it sometimes buffers grab. IDK if its the stupid game if its me or is it the controller but it ****s me up BAD. It leaves me WIDE open and I love C4 with TL so it messes me up bad. I think it might be my Z button. Also whenever I iBomb the same thing happens it automatically buffers a Zair without me wanting to do it. Any suggestions?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
....You drop the bomb and then grab?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Sell yours and use your own money to get one.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
You press L or R when you hit a wall.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Don't practice anything on Wifi. There is no timing there.

I don't really know how you can practice it alone.

higher controller ports are the ones with grab armor thing right?
1p > 2p > 3p > 1p

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Actually, you can go to training mode and use a bumper next to the stage, I guess. xD

NeoTLkid

Smash Cadet
I was wondering if this would be useful, lets say some one sheilds a thrown bomb, then instead of catching we can do any smash attack (not sure about grabbing, maybe with right controller port) and not worry about the ending lag because it'll be canceled by the explosion, then we could do a retreating nair because at low percents we are sh distance above the ground. Even though situational is it useful at all?
I think it would, because everytime they sheild a bomb we would get a worry-free attack
If this won't work, (the bomb may not explode fast enough) Just point at me and yell "FAIL!"

NeoTLkid

Smash Cadet
yes, if a lower port # grabs at the sametime as a higher port # the higher port # will be grabbed
If a higher port number gets hit during a grab, the lower port will get the knockback not the higher port #
(unless im getting them mixed up)
I think higher ports are better for TL,
*edit can someone answer my question

Kaffei

Smash Hero
yes, if a lower port # grabs at the sametime as a higher port # the higher port # will be grabbed
If a higher port number gets hit during a grab, the lower port will get the knockback not the higher port #
(unless im getting them mixed up)
I think higher ports are better for TL,
So I should put my controller in P4?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
They can just put it in port 1 if you put it in 4.

NeoTLkid

Smash Cadet
I know that this has been asked multiple times, but who's TL best secoundary (playstyle-wise)

Top Bottom