• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Match-up Video and Critique Thread

NearZzz

Smash Lord

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Thanks mjg, thats like exactly the playstyle i was looking for :)

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Pfff, I was crying my *** off. Specially the part when taiga chased him yelling out his name, and minori walked up and saw her. So epic.. T_T

Help a fellow Toon Link out.

I'm gonna be gone this week, so if nobody helps you by Monday, I guess I can capture it for you.

MaskedAvnger

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff, man.

Couple things I saw would be to Dsmash less. It's got a lot of ending lag, which you wanna try to eliminate, especially against a sonic player.

And you started winning once you stopped trying to hang out by the ledge. You had the stage under control once you just got on it and took control of it. Tink isn't that great at planking a ledge. You can handle it for a jump or two when you need to grab another bomb, but all he would've had to do would be hit you with an fsmash on the ending lag of your aerial.

Overall, really good stuff.

Alzi

Smash Master
More invincibombing and more bombs in general.

Arrows don't do too well against sonic as they usually powershield them then punish with a grab. Try not getting grabbed with sonic so you have to moving fast all the time. Don't grab when close to high percentages.

Don't hang around the edge too long because sonic will punish you pretty easy or even gimp with his up b.

Alzi

Smash Master
shadow1pj just likes to have fun with people and slightly troll. hahah.

But yeah when i was vsing meteor in a friendly i timed out his sonic it was on a crappy stage aswell (yoshi island brawl). But yeah invincibombing helped loads.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Thanks, that really helps.

EDIT: Thanks Alzi
ok stop planking first of all. if your gonna hang around the ledge you better have a plan for when someone gets near you or your gonna get sent offfstage dont be an ******* and taunt your opponent work on your DI when he down throws you and you go offstage you can tether the ledge before you go to stop airdodging once you go offstage like that its a bad idea
the sonic sucked for not being able to punish you at all offstage smidgin of more boomerang more bombs air camp a bit more and thats all

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
i will hopefully be able to upload vids this saturday since R3D d09 found his capture card
i will looking forward to uploading matches vs
sinz
__X__
yaz
gangstakirby
the whole utah smash scene

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
HEY ******S, MY NAME IS LEIK SHADOW 1 PAJAMAS AND **** AND I'M LEIK SO COOL HERES SOME REALLY GOOD ADVICE, DONT BE ****!

leaves a really good impression doesnt it?

also the part about having a plan is really good advice, revolutionary in fact, who would have thought to think? also not taunting, great stuff!
cmon shadow be honest with me, did you really come up with all this by yourself? eh? eh? eh?

Thebest1pj

No, 'cause of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsP4HC6CjvU

Your advice was solid, thanks dude. It'd be nice if you could use punctuation next time so it's easier to read.
o GOODY GOODY GUMDROPS HAR HAR but yea i dont use punctuation EVER not even in school :laugh: i stress the ever part punctuation is for rich folks..... and klan members

Thebest1pj

HEY ******S, MY NAME IS LEIK SHADOW 1 PAJAMAS AND **** AND I'M LEIK SO COOL HERES SOME REALLY GOOD ADVICE, DONT BE ****!

leaves a really good impression doesnt it?

also the part about having a plan is really good advice, revolutionary in fact, who would have thought to think? also not taunting, great stuff!
cmon shadow be honest with me, did you really come up with all this by yourself? eh? eh? eh?
double post~

who are you again? Oh wait... i dont care! Where are you from? let me put my glasses on "
" oh Australia you guys are so far ahead of the US metagame. I mean look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY_uTjhsa2c#t=2m7s where im from we call that up smash but apparently its called uptilt, why didn't anyone tell me? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY_uTjhsa2c#t=3m55s **** LOOK AT THAT F SMA........oh wait he said d smash aussies are so revolutionary right? Who would have thought to think that up smash is uptilt and f-smash is d-smash not I:confused:. cmon be honest luke be honest with me, did you guys really come up with different names for those moves by yourself? eh? eh? eh?

igaf about any typos or punctugaytion errors made good day sir.

edit: no offense to alzi or gay? (why gay?) btw lol rhymed

Top Bottom