• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Match-up Video and Critique Thread

Kaffei

Smash Hero
man those were fun matches everyone just making jokes and stuff most fun ive had with this game in a long time

thanks for the upload kaffei <3

lol......all those dsmash attempts rofl im so dumb

http://www.justin.tv/monsters_arcade/b/265178232

1:25 ME AND ZORI VS DPHAT AND ultimaterazer its funny since they told us we're gonna lose
the top video at the start is me and zori vs hyro and jerm
loloolollo np <3

Flea_16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flea_16
man those were fun matches everyone just making jokes and stuff most fun ive had with this game in a long time

thanks for the upload kaffei <3

lol......all those dsmash attempts rofl im so dumb

http://www.justin.tv/monsters_arcade/b/265178232

1:25 ME AND ZORI VS DPHAT AND ultimaterazer its funny since they told us we're gonna lose
the top video at the start is me and zori vs hyro and jerm
LoL xDDD !!!!!!

RATED

Smash Lord

u are getting really good. also don't worry THAT much against snake, remember that I know that matchup since I play with Sant a lot and that we used to practice together. but really u played good, I like your TL.

my DK sucks MK's Nair :(, either way I am back to practice in training mode and find ****.

so if u are in Cabo rojo with el Dominio u guys can contact me to play.

I am sure that u can get pretty good, u have a good reaction time. also I noticed while playing you that u needed to camp me a bit more with bombs in the platform throwing them down.

I saw a match of Jash vs Fatal in FD that he really did good against Fatal. by throwing bombs a lot, I didnt even saw like one SHDA( short hop double arrow).

I noticed by watching the videos how aggressive my TL is. It's something that I'll just have to work on. You know, adaptivity. I can't be aggro against Snake, and I didn't notice that I was playing aggro until the match was over.

Anyways, I'm working on it, but if I'm ever in the south again (I doubt it, but who knows?), I'll accept that offer. :)

RATED

Smash Lord
I noticed by watching the videos how aggressive my TL is. It's something that I'll just have to work on. You know, adaptivity. I can't be aggro against Snake, and I didn't notice that I was playing aggro until the match was over.

Anyways, I'm working on it, but if I'm ever in the south again (I doubt it, but who knows?), I'll accept that offer. :)
yo also I noticed what's your "weakness" in your gameplay, u "tend" to forget that u have 2 jumps. that's why Kewkky's kirby was punishing for in this match : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8NeddTR9do just look at the first minute.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Oh either I'm crazy or i remember santi saying something about how tl's should get good at SH bomb pull, then landing and JCTing it as fast as you can. couple days ago i was messing around and found out you can fit in an airdodge after a SH bomp pull....so that means you can buffer your JCT so that its all one motion aka you JCT the first frame possible.

soooooooo

SHBP, AD, JCT

aka the Santi

Santi

Smash Lord
Oh either I'm crazy or i remember santi saying something about how tl's should get good at SH bomb pull, then landing and JCTing it as fast as you can. couple days ago i was messing around and found out you can fit in an airdodge after a SH bomp pull....so that means you can buffer your JCT so that its all one motion aka you JCT the first frame possible.

soooooooo

SHBP, AD, JCT

aka the Santi
You are not crazy :)

NH Cody

Smash Champion

soooooooo

SHBP, AD, JCT

aka the Santi
What's JCT?

[/clueless]

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Well, it didn't seem like that guy was a good falco. Anyways, I wouldn't reccomend practicing ledge bombing in the middle of a brawl. Some characters won't give you time.

hi thar can you add my name to this? also here is a vid of mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-XRXDMx-Sk

plz comment, rate, and give advice if needed plz ;o
It seems like you got some of your techs down, although in battle, they sometimes came out sloppy. Practice perfecting them as you go.

You have to break the habit of using risky moves like Dair, Dsmash, and Fsmash. I saw you go for the spike. Don't EVER go for the spike. Even if your opponent's controller is disconnected and he's just falling to his death, don't EVER go for the spike.

Try not to attack the shield so much. The only thing that beats a shield is a grab, so use at your own risk. Also, if your opponent is losing shield, you can try to break it with a Dair. For example, if he shields a rising Bair/Nair but his shield is almost out, just Dair the top of his shield.

Learn to Instant Ledge Regrab with Zair (Pull back from ledge, hit Grab twice) and with a Bomb (Pull back from ledge, air dodge, hit Grab twice).

They don't have to. It's just reeeaally preferred if they are.

Did you send your replays? I have WC24 off, so I wouldn't know.

Top Bottom