• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Match-up Video and Critique Thread

Wait... that's it?

Call me disappointed. I thought the boomerang failed him, not his backwards moving UpB not giving him momentum.

MJG

Smash Hero
Were you planning on using Back air after throwing your bomb away from the stage? That might have screwed you (along with the boomerang).

Like twink though...I thought the loss would be more dramatic. Sorry >_>

Hyro

Smash Lord
Wait... that's it?

Call me disappointed. I thought the boomerang failed him, not his backwards moving UpB not giving him momentum.
wait huh!! it cost me the set!! we all thought I just sd'ed and when we watched the replay and saw THAT we all jumped up and were like nooooo. I still blame the boomerang...screwing with my momentum :(

Were you planning on using Back air after throwing your bomb away from the stage? That might have screwed you (along with the boomerang).

Like twink though...I thought the loss would be more dramatic. Sorry >_>
Why would back air screw me? as a matter of fact I should've used it earlier so it would've canceled the boomerang catch...just didn't expect it to come back so fast.

I guess it's not as dramatic as I made it out to be...but for me it definitely was. knocked me out of the tourney :(

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
wait huh!! it cost me the set!! we all thought I just sd'ed and when we watched the replay and saw THAT we all jumped up and were like nooooo. I still blame the boomerang...screwing with my momentum :(

Why would back air screw me? as a matter of fact I should've used it earlier so it would've canceled the boomerang catch...just didn't expect it to come back so fast.

I guess it's not as dramatic as I made it out to be...but for me it definitely was. knocked me out of the tourney (
like you did to me

Alzi

Smash Master
To be honest you were playing worse in that second video Hyro. :p

I'm guessing it was the stage though. We all hate yoshi's.

MJG

Smash Hero

I guess it's not as dramatic as I made it out to be...but for me it definitely was. knocked me out of the tourney :(
I was thinking that, you thought to use back air after throwing your bomb away from the stage..but decided to use back air too late and THEN got screwed by the boomerang.

No one likes Yoshi's Island ;o

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The most annoying thing about Yoshi's is trying to JC bomb at the edge.

It's just such a natural thing for us TLs to do, that even at high levels of play you do it accidentally sometimes. x_x

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
^ Yes, indeed that's why I always strike Yoshi's and avoid it as much as I can XD. Stuff happens in that place. Btw, Im a bit scared now, I guessed what happened to hyro.

If you were to have delayed your UpB for like a fifth of a second, you might have had hope.:dizzy:

Lobos

Smash Master
The only marth vid that is working is the first one.....and that is just lulz

Should try to camp wario more and play more safe. A good wario will tear up any TL that tries to fight up close.

pulse131

Smash Ace
hey TL community. i was having a friendly match with a nabby toonlink and this happened. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kqaM1LXOQU
at about 4:22 TL's upb makes him go down off the platform. not sure what happened but maybe you guys do. i remember Link being able to do this in melee but that was with standing spin attack, where as this is with aerial.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Great Toon Link.

Watched round 1 and 2, Tl got screwed over by Snakes weight and insane kill power...

It isn't private.....

Youtube is giving me a lot of issues today. I've been trying to upload the same video 6 times already, but every time I try, it gives me an error just before it's finished.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Critique please XD. I cant see that vid well, hurts my eyes. I couldnt believe I beat doom, he's the best freaking snake here and I suck against snake. Also, he ***** me everytime we wifi'd. Bombs from above>>>snake. He just doesnt have the air mobility to catch up with TL. ^_^

Alzi

Smash Master
Top Bottom