• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Match-up Video and Critique Thread

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Yea, I probably wouldnt do that in tournament. And thanks for the tips. My TL is going through some changes, but it should be ready by my next tournament.

And i have a new tactic im keeping a secret until I work around with it more

bwahahhaa

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
yea, I Probably Wouldnt Do That In Tournament. And Thanks For The Tips. My Tl Is Going Through Some Changes, But It Should Be Ready By My Next Tournament.

And I Have A New Tactic Im Keeping A Secret Until I Work Around With It More

Bwahahhaa
Oh You Mean Where Pick Tl And Win? Yea Ive Adopted That Strat To>!>>!>!>!>

Hyro

Smash Lord
Yea, I probably wouldnt do that in tournament. And thanks for the tips. My TL is going through some changes, but it should be ready by my next tournament.

And i have a new tactic im keeping a secret until I work around with it more

bwahahhaa
approaching dair doesn't work!!

lol

edit: LOL i love xyro, 1:56 "get up...get up!"

ummm fast falling your zairs now, too good

and when you aerial up b, don't do it while your opponent is rising. Wait till their falling, you fall with them, then wait for the airdodge or if they aren't gonna airdodge just do it. but definitely don't be afraid to do it. too sexy/good/fun

also jerk moar noob

Kaffei

Smash Hero
approaching dair doesn't work!!

lol

edit: LOL i love xyro, 1:56 "get up...get up!"

ummm fast falling your zairs now, too good

and when you aerial up b, don't do it while your opponent is rising. Wait till their falling, you fall with them, then wait for the airdodge or if they aren't gonna airdodge just do it. but definitely don't be afraid to do it. too sexy/good/fun

also jerk moar noob
hao2jerk. i dun get eet

MJG

Smash Hero
-Don't use grounded arrows. If there is ever a situation when you are using grounded arrows, you will still be using them less than 5% of the time.
-Don't use Up-Smash until your opponent is in kill range.
-Use more bombs. You will find that they are your best friend :D
-I didn't see you roll that much (which is good).
-Use Zair!
-Don't use your kill moves on the balloon. I know popping the ballon is fun but don't use a move that you are going to kill your opponents with (I saw you fair the balloon)

Hyro

Smash Lord
BAD kingtoon!

when i see toon links using usmashes that won't kill you, i immediately judge that toon link and assume bad things

Ic0slay3r

Smash Apprentice
-Don't use grounded arrows. If there is ever a situation when you are using grounded arrows, you will still be using them less than 5% of the time.
-Don't use Up-Smash until your opponent is in kill range.
-Use more bombs. You will find that they are your best friend :D
-I didn't see you roll that much (which is good).
-Use Zair!
-Don't use your kill moves on the balloon. I know popping the ballon is fun but don't use a move that you are going to kill your opponents with (I saw you fair the balloon)

I knew about the Up-smashes they are bad habit which I need to quit, I know >.<.
Lots of people tell me to use the zair but I can't seem to find any appropriate moment to use it in a fight.
What wrong with attacking the balloon?

MJG

Smash Hero
^Your kill moves, or any move for that matter, deteriorate/diminish/become stale the more you use them. Its important to keep your kill moves fresh so that when it comes time to eliminate your opponent, they won't be returning back on stage to deal out more damage before they lose their stock.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I knew about the Up-smashes they are bad habit which I need to quit, I know >.<.
Lots of people tell me to use the zair but I can't seem to find any appropriate moment to use it in a fight.
What wrong with attacking the balloon?
If you're going to attack the balloon, use something like Dair instead.

MJG

Smash Hero
I remember watching this yesterday

Only falco I played (that was decent) was Sethlon (And that was back in october)

Camp until your above 35% (no CG>Spike)
Keep in mind that falco's lasers will not kill...
Stay on the ledge until the falco player gives you enough space to get back on
Still a hard MU. Good luck...
Don't force a kill move

EDIT: Ninja'd by Quivo. Come post in the TL threads more D:

QUIVO

Smash Master
I don't really play anymore lol, so my TL is a bit outdated.

One thing I noticed is that Ozz likes to airdodge a lot to the ground. He would do this after a bomb a lot too iirc. You could grab or bair if timed right. Up b works well against Falco. Especially since they love to spot dodge and roll from my experience. You have to find their habit.

I also remember seeing some usmash exchange against each others shields. There was a moment when you could've probably done a utilt for the kill. I have a problem with TL where I usually punish with an aerial instead of my other attacks.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Maybe that's why I beat Ozz...I grab airdodges a lot...

anyways, Jerm, I'd say I'm pretty good at the falco matchup...thing is, I learned from you 0_o

Back in the day, (WHOBO i think?) I watched you play Ozz and you were like, see, he can get 70% combos on me and he can shoot lasers at me all day, but he can't kill me. So after he built you to like 175%, you would still get the kill before him and win.

So from then on I didn't care about how much damage I got in that MU and all I worried about was not getting killed.

KunaiX

Smash Cadet
I found something amazing xD

Toon Links Grab is better than we thought after all, because he have a mega range. o,o

I did something lol in a battle, i grabbed a glided metaknight and it looks very random. I cant record it, who can i send this to share this with the community?

KunaiX

Smash Cadet
You mean glide attack? I think we can grab that.
i will try to show what happened-

.....................Metaknight (during Glide)

.....................Teather-> <------------Toon Link( Grab )

Hope it looks good xD

The thing was, metaknight was close above Toon Link, normally it doesnt have such a huge range above Toon Link for this grab, but it looks like, its a bug.

He was never in Grabrange...

So you're saying that MK was gliding above you, clearly missing the hookshot, but it grabbed anyways?

Yeah our grab is really weird.

Alzi

Smash Master
Yeah our grab is always weird like somtimes a metaknight is dropping and fairs you but you still grab them and just take little damage from the fair.

Somtimes you can reach from much further away were the chain stops for a bit then pulls them towards you. The grab is 50/50 good and bad.

MJG

Smash Hero
I won't critique much on wario since im still learning the MU (Having no wario's to play against sucks).

Don't stay out on the ledge longer than you have to vs Marth. Its hard enough already trying to get back on stage >_>. Gonna watch more tomorrow...im tired

Hyro

Smash Lord
I don't know who it's harder to get up from the ledge against...Marth or Wario.

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
Against Wario, I love bomb guarding the edge. Always keep slightly away from the ledge though, as...you know.

Top Bottom