• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Match-up Video and Critique Thread

MJG

Smash Hero
I saw this earlier...this saddens me to see how much MK is holding TL back...

Gnes also knows the MU very well...so him using MK makes it that much harder. Plus, hes very patient and just weaves through most of your projectiles.

EDIT: I really don't know what to say. Just watch double jumping sometimes. I remember that you told me this as well. I noticed that he rushed in when he saw you use your second jump.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Yea. The match up isnt as bad as gnes makes it seem. He knows the TL match up more than I know the Mk match up. There was also a game that I won, but RT didnt upload it =/

Is it me or is everyone losing to MKs and Falcos?

Also, did you read the comment I left? At 0:27, the bomb goes RIGHT through the tornado. We're all doomed.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yea. The match up isnt as bad as gnes makes it seem. He knows the TL match up more than I know the Mk match up. There was also a game that I won, but RT didnt upload it =/
I use my time and effort to upload vids, and this is the thanks I get? So unappreciated! :p

I'll upload it.

ICEing

Smash Cadet
"The Hero of Winds" Toon Link Combo Video by IcEnG

This is my TL Combo video xD Decided to post it up at smasboards as im still trying to get into/used to this site lol. Yes I know in the CV I do a lot of spikes, but theres a few on stage combos to off stage combos and a couple pure onstage. But I prefer off stage game as the most random and funny stuff happens off stage xD The point is it's fun for me, and hope its fun for u guys too so sit back and enjoy xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1Tq16IlGWA

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wait...did RT just NAMESEARCH?!?!?!

NAMESEARCHER CONFIRMED!!!
Silly, GNES (for your own namesearching :p), I can't namesearch my own name, because RT is too short. I check the old-fashioned way...random browsing.

And I stumbled into this thread out of sheer boredom. :)

QUIVO

Smash Master
Gnes needs more B button lol.

I like the short hop arrow to fsmash. Never really thought about that, I would usually just nair afterwards or something.

Gnes

Smash Master
Silly, GNES (for your own namesearching :p), I can't namesearch my own name, because RT is too short. I check the old-fashioned way...random browsing.

And I stumbled into this thread out of sheer boredom. :)
Naw son...im a long subscriber to this thread after i became a toon link destroyer, sadly that was since my birth of beating santi with kirby at hobo 10.

ahh...good times

Quivo i will incorporate more B button into my game.

ICEing

Smash Cadet
learn the mk match up lol

also iceing nice combo vid, liked the ending but linkin park? really?
Lol I just like the song xD. Also the last song "Monsters" was used by NearZzz in his CV but I liked that song waaaaaay before he made his CV. A few people assume I was trying to copy but I wasn't. If I was I would be doing a lot of bomb throws up + upsmash, utilt, uthrow, etc lol.

Nah but NearZzz combo vid was good tho lol. Im happy with my song choices even though Linkin Park is old shiz

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It takes about 4 hits from multi hit moves for bomb to explode (like turtle) so it won't always go off.
Really? I thought it was 2.

But the thing about that part in that video was that the bomb went through MK, and not just the move.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
My money match at my last tournament in January.

Match 1 (vs snake): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWlFAIbl0Bc

Match 2 (vs marth): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7yKYknXNhM

Match 3 (vs falco): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsFSFvQIMEY

Match 4 (vs falco): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bsx0GXd8Zs

Critiquing would be appreciated :D
i thought joker mained snake hes over here taking you to last stock with marth and falco....................................................................lol@stand there he drops shield and gets killed tho

Hyro

Smash Lord
You're throwing a bomb up by the ledge wrong. You'll get hogged way too easily.

When you're opponent is at 200% you shouldn't be usmashing. Any safe aerial is gonna kill.

When you're at 200% you shouldn't be spotdodging. Damage doesn't matter at this point. Hold shield and let them grab you.

SHDA when falco's offstage!

don't decay usmashhhh!

Hyro

Smash Lord
I wanted it so bad...**** I was playing so safe too...iBombing out of shield lol...first stock and last stock :(...I guess props to him for the counterpick. first stock I walled jumped on accident, last stock that boomerang bounced off the wall and came back a lil fast

Top Bottom