• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Match-up Video and Critique Thread

MJG

Smash Hero
I realized this when playing FAE's lucas this weekend: Lucas moves faster in the air than Toonlink >_>

Try not to air dodge when he is using PK Freeze (I only watched the first match) and when Lucas uses his tether on the ledge like around 1:57, you can jab him once and he will fall down and you can follow up from there.

IMO fighting Ness and Lucas is so awkward. I hate it. Against them, I just don't use any arrows, and go straight bombs with boomerangs.

Alzi

Smash Master
Arrows are fun though for gimping purposes. :)

As you saw through lobo's matches the arrow is a good tool imo for the MU.

lobos more full jump nairs in this match up as it's very easy for lucas to punish once he shields the short hop nair.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I used to hate fighting Ness. Then I started zoning him properly and I started winning. Lucas is worse so w/e lol.

TL;DR- Lobos sux :(.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Lobos, I watched a little of game 3. It seems like you was on auto pilot the whole time. You gotta mix it up. And space better if your gonna be that aggro.

The way I fight lucas is getting inside and use alot of sword attacks. They cant really do much. Specially to our bair.

Lobos

Smash Master
lol yeah its from playing cpus for the past few months......I haven't gone to any smashfest since the night before pound 4 and I only really play people at tournaments

none the less pink fresh is probally the best lucas main to date so I won't take away any credit on that win

Hyro

Smash Lord
FLEAAA i just wanted to stop in to tell you i love you and miss you

and i watched your video thats a sexy texture and that was a sexy bair bair pivot grab

and when the boomerang saved you from the lock ahahaha

and from now on, dropping your bomb JUST so you can instathrow it is called "the flea". imma do it

yall all need to get off fleas **** and stop being jealous

edit: oh and to lobos, lol at losing and then realizing...i don't care if it's a lucas, i'm about to camp the **** out of him and went into **** mode lol but it was too late :( pinkfresh is way too legit tho. and ibomb more!!!!

but anyways, super advice to everyone:

Ummmmmm you should never ever ever ever hesitate. Hesitation is why people lose. You should ALWAYS be doing something, don't waste your time rolling/spotdodging/airdodging/shielding, the only times you should ever do that is if you're in a FORCED situation, if you can do anything else, do that. Always do something, projectiles, aerials, airdodge to the ground and buffer more moves immediatley so that you don't waste a split second...even if you DO mess up and are in a bad situation, don't sit there and spotdodge, immediatley land in that bad spot and buffer something QUICK like a retreating bair. it's all about human reaction and most of the times even if you mess up, you can get out of it without getting punished...don't let your error mess you up again, it's like baseball lol.

but yeah never ever ever attack your opponent, there is NO SUCH THING AS AN APPROACH, REMOVE IT FROM YOUR VOCABULARY LOL. Doesn't matter if you're losing, don't ever approach. speaking of approach, wtf does that even mean?? YOU DO NOT PUT OUT AERIALS TO HIT YOUR OPPONENT, YOU PUT OUT AERIALS TO KEEP YOUR OPPONENT FROM HITTING YOU, WEEHAHEE, WEEHAHOO

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
FLEAAA i just wanted to stop in to tell you i love you and miss you

and i watched your video thats a sexy texture and that was a sexy bair bair pivot grab

and when the boomerang saved you from the lock ahahaha

and from now on, dropping your bomb JUST so you can instathrow it is called "the flea". imma do it

yall all need to get off fleas **** and stop being jealous

edit: oh and to lobos, lol at losing and then realizing...i don't care if it's a lucas, i'm about to camp the **** out of him and went into **** mode lol but it was too late :( pinkfresh is way too legit tho. and ibomb more!!!!

but anyways, super advice to everyone:

Ummmmmm you should never ever ever ever hesitate. Hesitation is why people lose. You should ALWAYS be doing something, don't waste your time rolling/spotdodging/airdodging/shielding, the only times you should ever do that is if you're in a FORCED situation, if you can do anything else, do that. Always do something, projectiles, aerials, airdodge to the ground and buffer more moves immediatley so that you don't waste a split second...even if you DO mess up and are in a bad situation, don't sit there and spotdodge, immediatley land in that bad spot and buffer something QUICK like a retreating bair. it's all about human reaction and most of the times even if you mess up, you can get out of it without getting punished...don't let your error mess you up again, it's like baseball lol.

but yeah never ever ever attack your opponent, there is NO SUCH THING AS AN APPROACH, REMOVE IT FROM YOUR VOCABULARY LOL. Doesn't matter if you're losing, don't ever approach. speaking of approach, wtf does that even mean?? YOU DO NOT PUT OUT AERIALS TO HIT YOUR OPPONENT, YOU PUT OUT AERIALS TO KEEP YOUR OPPONENT FROM HITTING YOU, WEEHAHEE, WEEHAHOO
^See guys this is what we need more big *** post like this we cant rely on hyro to stop in every time hes sober *lol hyro sober?* to make a post such as this

jerm:"I just stood there shooting arrows like what is approaching?

Lobos

Smash Master
Lol hyro and jerm.....

Hyro you should already know I like to approach....silly me

I can camp I just don't do it as much as I should lol

My **** mode is too good!

Hyro

Smash Lord
nononono

you can't even say "i need to camp more", you can't say "i know how but i don't", that's just an excuse (believe me i've always used it lol)

there is literally no such thing. except camping. if you are not camping, what are you doing? losing. camping sounds worse than it really is. it doesn't mean playing like a ******. it just means playing safe. play so that you do not ever get hit. as in only put out unpunishable hitboxes. when you camp right, you WILL enjoy it. and you will laugh because you'll realize how funny it is that your opponent has no self-control, no patience, they just keep running into your attacks! mwahaha

and this

You forgot to add..

If you approach, that means your going easy on them
you reallllly reallly are. thats why people lose to ganons and lucases and marios. it's underestimation and by the time your realize it it's too late.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Hyro is speaking the truth :). I always camp even with ganon. Really, I play extremely patient in tourney. I play as gay as possible too. Btw, Hyro werent u quitting the boards? @_@

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I camp the **** out of Wario so much harder than anyone else...no idea why.

I never camp Peach...She just always looks so...open?

Flea_16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flea_16
lmfao hyro u da best man !! and what you said about NEVER APPROACHING , your totally right, your not the first person to tell me this and thanks for the complement on the Zdrop instant throw ( The Flea) :D

Top Bottom