• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Match-up Video and Critique Thread

MJG

Smash Hero
No i wasn't joking and i don't agree with you. i think it's a mindset thing. you say you have to approach eventually. i disagree. now when we play, and I have the lead....YOUR going to approach me.

already i win (as long as i know how to play the game, and punish your approaches like i should)

now, when YOU get the lead, your gonna be like, haha now YOU have to approach and I get to punish YOUR cooldown

no sir

because there isn't ever going to be an approach. because im toon link and i don't have to approach. when you have your 30 percent lead, i will never give you a chance to increase that lead by getting near you. i won't even worry about it. feel free to run away, camp, and try to avoid my projectiles. the difference is, i have 0 pressure on me because i will not be worried about your lead. you will have pressure on you to keep that lead by not getting hit by projectiles

first off, thats already going to be really hard. as dtl said, i doubt anyone could avoid everything. little by little, youd lose the lead. second, i WANT you too avoid my projectiles. thats when i get my attacks in. when your trying to shield the second shda arrow, ima grab you. when you try to jump over my returning boomerang, ima bair you. when i throw a bomb at your shield and it bounces off, im gonna run past you and read the roll

but im not gonna put myself at risk while doing it. TL is the one with the projectiles

which is why we all probably hate falco. i hate to say it, but eventually i think even ID approach falco. it's hard to stop his camping.

i think dehf might've said before that theoretically he shouldnt ever have to approach.

anyways...i love fighting campers. i rarely lose to them. no pressure on me so i just sit back and throw ****. its the aggro ones i lose to. but they become easier as you get better at the game.
^This

Shadow is dumb.

<3 Hyro

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Reading rolls when a bomb hits your opponent shield. Its too good, and ive been thinking more about it lately. If a bomb hits our opponents shield, shouldnt we automatically get a free attack. Cause if they stay in shield, we can grab, and if they move, we can hit them.

MJG

Smash Hero
Ya. Some opponents also like to jump out of shield...there are just several good things that come out of a bomb hitting our opponents shield.

I think MK can Shuttle Loop OoS before we can do anything. I am not 100% sure so don't quote me yet.

I like how when a bomb bounces on someone's shield, no one bothers to unshield, jump, and Z catch the bomb.

MJG

Smash Hero
If we know that they are going to drop their shield, we will Nair or Fair (depends on the opponents reaction) in front of them while catching the bomb.

If we know that they are going to roll, run up and Up Smash.

Only characters IMO that have really good options against us when we throw a bomb at their shield is Diddy and MK.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Diddy is pretty much the same thing when we throw a bomb against their shield. And people do that that twinkie, you just need to fight someone who knows the TL match up like the people I play.

I've never seen it in any video....

...and there are rarely any tournaments in PR. I think you have been to more tournaments these past two months than I have ever been in in my life. >_>

Alzi

Smash Master
I don't think trying to camp diddy kong is a really could idea. I find spacing to a good point and controlling his bannana's works best.

This is the video thread i believe we should be posting videos. :o

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
I don't think trying to camp diddy kong is a really could idea. I find spacing to a good point and controlling his bannana's works best.

This is the video thread i believe we should be posting videos. :o
if tourneys would allow hacked wiis we could save and put up our matches because believe me any tl thats beating people in 3 minutes or less must be possessed by jesus or have a horrible opponent

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I like how when a bomb bounces on someone's shield, no one bothers to unshield, jump, and Z catch the bomb.
There are ppl that do that lol. Kewk tried that against me and he ate an usmash everytime for the kill. He later abandoned that habit though . (the hard way) :p

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Bomb bouncing off shield...I've been wanting to discuss that for awhile.

I just typed a bunch but I did the thing where my palm touched the mouse pad thingy and highlighted it all...so it turned into an a...

Gah...Mainly I was just saying that bouncing bombs off shields is actually legit.

They insta-throw, you nair, hitting them while catching the bomb. They catch, you punish their method (if they airdodge or aerial or Zcatch...ya know). If they roll, we chase. Really, options are pretty limitless.

I had a small section on reasons I thought it shouldn't be as good as it is like what opponents could be doing, but I settled on the fact that WE are the ones in the best situation.

God**** I just deleted another section...I was saying...

Except...a few character. Marth (kinda...predict it and he gets *****) MK (again, kinda. If they shuttle loop and we predict it, as we prolly should, at least we get a free bair...), GaW(He gets away...) and some others.

There's actually some cool stuff you can do when the bomb hits your shield to be in the advantageous position. If anyone's interested, I could probably make a private video for the tinks.

Let's stay on topic guys (and for the sake of not making posts everywhere, this applies to all the threads).

Flea, your Toon Link is mad fun to watch. All I'll say is that you shouldn't use Uair at 70% like that. Other than that, you did good, except for when you got caught up in Luigi's combos in the last stock (first match).

Kaffei

Smash Hero
IMO Flea is a bit predictable with his arrow cancels. Also fast fall more often so you can move faster

Flea_16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flea_16
looks like someone found melitos tl texture hack blog lol
hey this was me fighting weegee before i knew what to do xD, i know wat to do now , ill try to get some more matches up in a few weeks. this month is gunna be tight cuz of graduation and stuff T.T

Kaffei

Smash Hero
hey this was me fighting weegee before i knew what to do xD, i know wat to do now , ill try to get some more matches up in a few weeks. this month is gunna be tight cuz of graduation and stuff T.T
Grats man!

Kaffei

Smash Hero
uh... 1:30 you did like fancy stuff (lol i thought it was cool) but you died from it so be careful xD

Flea_16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flea_16
Oh u mean when i got stage stiked by my own bomb lol, yea i got bet too flashy there.

Don't worry man. It's a light-hearted critique. You're going to read some things you might not like, but we don't mean any harm from it. It's constructive criticism.

So far, I've only seen the first one, but from there, you played very well. Like I said though, in the last stock, you got lost in his combos, which cost you the match. All you have to do is watch out for it next time. Luigi will be following up his Down Throw like that. And also, if a Luigi jabs you, he's bound to UpB you.

Edit: Got mega-ninja'd. >_>

Flea_16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flea_16
well i still got a long way to go am not gunna stop at just being the best tl in my state i want to be more than that. so imma keep training up till i get good at this :)

Kaffei

Smash Hero
well i still got a long way to go am not gunna stop at just being the best tl in my state i want to be more than that. so imma keep training up till i get good at this :)
I think you have what it takes ;)

Flea_16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flea_16
I think you have what it takes ;)
i think so too , once i get moved into college nd get back from koerea it gunna be all trounys man !! so far am goin to GAMME! and APEX2 this summer and maybe MLG North carilina

Kaffei

Smash Hero
i think so too , once i get moved into college nd get back from koerea it gunna be all trounys man !! so far am goin to GAMME! and APEX2 this summer and maybe MLG North carilina
I wanna go to Apex SOOOOOOOOOOOOO badly but idk if MD/VAers are gonna carpool.....

I'm planning on going to MLG Raleigh/Dallas.

That's assuming that I get a summer job to pay for it. :)

Flea_16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flea_16
wel my dad lives in new york and i plan on visiting him this summer after my trip to koerea ( gunna train with the GRAND master for 10 days !!)

Top Bottom