• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link Boards are Discussing YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Link boards are ******s, no one cares what they do.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
Well does our Uair beat our dair?
I think Uair beats Dair, and I know if you're slightly off to the side it will definitely hit before the Dair, so that's no worry.

If the TL tries to d-smash you at low percentages, spam z and you'll catch the edge and not have to worry about the early gimp.

If they try pulling out a rang near you, SH air dodge -> z-air works well. I also notice that I block a lot more in these matches, since most of our attacks will be followed up too quickly to just spot dodge. PS the z-air and shield grab or hyphen-smash.

And TL's up-b can easily be spiked, so don't be predictable with it.

And if they're offstage, head at them from slightly above (nair distance). If you can bait the offensive up-b, then air dodge and get back to the stage before they float back down to it. If they attack, dodge and get to the edge and they'll be forced to use the full length of the up-b to reach. If you don't think they'll do either, nair for the kill.
Hard to describe that but if you air dodge before they attack, it'll end before the attack, giving you the ledge first, since everything else you do is the same speed.

So what projectiles have priority? Will a boomerang stop the bomb?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I think bombs explode after 2 hits of any projectile, Viet.

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Projectiles actually have various priority. I believe bombs have medium priority. Bombs can eat an arrow and continue it's path. Not sure how many arrows it takes. Fox needs to shoot lasers at it multiple times to cause it to explode. Fox really shoots so fast the bomb won't get to him. Falco's laser can set off the bomb in one shot. Charizard and Bowser's fire breath has similar properties as Fox's laser. Low priority, but hits multiple times really fast being able to set the bomb off. I think boomerangs have medium priority, enough to set a bomb off. That's all I can recall off the top of my head.

"Item" will set bombs off. Seems like "physical" things will collide with bombs and set them off. Snake's grenades, another bomb, Peach's turnip.

Hyro

Smash Lord
I think Uair beats Dair, and I know if you're slightly off to the side it will definitely hit before the Dair, so that's no worry.

If the TL tries to d-smash you at low percentages, spam z and you'll catch the edge and not have to worry about the early gimp.

If they try pulling out a rang near you, SH air dodge -> z-air works well. I also notice that I block a lot more in these matches, since most of our attacks will be followed up too quickly to just spot dodge. PS the z-air and shield grab or hyphen-smash.

And TL's up-b can easily be spiked, so don't be predictable with it.

And if they're offstage, head at them from slightly above (nair distance). If you can bait the offensive up-b, then air dodge and get back to the stage before they float back down to it. If they attack, dodge and get to the edge and they'll be forced to use the full length of the up-b to reach. If you don't think they'll do either, nair for the kill.
Hard to describe that but if you air dodge before they attack, it'll end before the attack, giving you the ledge first, since everything else you do is the same speed.

So what projectiles have priority? Will a boomerang stop the bomb?
Wow, no joke, you have really good advice.

But yeah, I honestly hate this matchup. It's soooooo hard TL is so broken. I try to do all my AT's like SHDA and stuff, but the other toon link will literally sit on the ground and do the nooby boomerang to arrow which will win. Lolwut. IMHO, stupid spam will beat smart spam in this matchup. It's ridiculous I know, but that's what I can tell. Also, run away when you have the stock advantage. It's all about staying up in percent.

~Infinity~

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8710-6567
Wow, no joke, you have really good advice.

But yeah, I honestly hate this matchup. It's soooooo hard TL is so broken. I try to do all my AT's like SHDA and stuff, but the other toon link will literally sit on the ground and do the nooby boomerang to arrow which will win. Lolwut. IMHO, stupid spam will beat smart spam in this matchup. It's ridiculous I know, but that's what I can tell. Also, run away when you have the stock advantage. It's all about staying up in percent.
Calling toon link broken is like calling meta knight unbroken.
What makes you say he is broken?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Honestly I think this match up will only be won by the better person or sheer luck. You got to out spam, out run, out dodge and out attack and out defend your opponent. Or if you want to totally blow everything I just said out the water, you can always pro-bomb and mindgame the hell out of your opponent until they either get frustrated and quit or get frustrated and their mad monkey mentality will cause them to die from all the mind games. Point is as the last 2 pages has been saying: BOMBS ARE KEY.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Coming from you that means nothing.
yeah... thats true. I suck and really can't say much. O well. I guess If I want to say something and have experience and visual proof that it works, I'm just gona have to get better and beat you and everyone else between Gameware and Dibbz.

Edit: Besides, with the way you play and at your skill level, what really the use in spamming bombs like I do? I basically know you for the way you can masterfully use that Zair. You can space and approach very very well. Maybe the way you play is the way to play. After all results have shown what happens when you play like that, you get far.

Hyro

Smash Lord
yeah... thats true. I suck and really can't say much. O well. I guess If I want to say something and have experience and visual proof that it works, I'm just gona have to get better and beat you and everyone else between Gameware and Dibbz.

Edit: Besides, with the way you play and at your skill level, what really the use in spamming bombs like I do? I basically know you for the way you can masterfully use that Zair. You can space and approach very very well. Maybe the way you play is the way to play. After all results have shown what happens when you play like that, you get far.
NO BOMBER I didn't mean it like that lmao! It was a joke since your username is bomber :(

Sorry if it came off as if I was calling you inexpierenced!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Dude, that wasn't worth a 3 month bump.

Pay attention to dates in the threads you post in, please.

DCStyle

Smash Apprentice
In all seriousness, fighting a TL is the most annoying match up ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom