• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tommy_G's Clubhouse Smash fest Nov. 7th Stuart, FL Updates in Red: More TVs.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Hey everyone in the FL smash community. You've probably heard for some time I've been wanting to hold a tournament. Well, I might actually get off my *** and hold one, but I want to hold a smash fest first and see how smoothly things run. There are going to be a lot more rules than usual because of all of the amenities. There isn't anything that you guys and girls would have trouble adapting to.
[highlight]
9050 SW Pennsylvania Ave
Stuart, FL 34997[/highlight]

Here are the pictures for the update:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=109046&id=603443989&saved

This venue is my neighborhood clubhouse. Ima be straight forward with all of you and let you know that it costs $75 to rent for one day and $200 down for damages that I get back if nothing is damaged. I'll be willing to put $200 of my own money for you as long as everyone promises to not get too crazy.

There is a form I need everyone to sign when they arrive to assure everyone's safety.
The tldr(too long didn't read) version of this form will be something along the lines of: 'you are responsible for anything you break.' There will be an indemnification clause stating 'if you hurt yourself, it's not my fault.'
Also I need everyone under 18 to get someone who is over 21(either at the tourney or someone who took you) to sign saying that they're going to be supervising you.

Here's the **** I had to go through:
http://www.riverforestpoa.org/files/Clubhouse_Reservation_Agreement_rev_06-29-09.pdf
Ignore the max of 8 hr thing. They said I can have it all day.
Finally...I hate stupid rules...

There is a pool, recently cleaned too, hopefully it'll stay clean.
There is a huge tube(no lag) tv for top power ranking matches.
I work at Publix, so I know about food deals.
There are 2 water fountains.
There are nice bathrooms. (Men and Women bathrooms)
There is a shower in the bathrooms and everyone must respect the privacy of others.
There are plenty of free parking spaces.
There are over 100 chairs and 20 tables.
There is space. Maximum Occupancy of the main room is about 180 people.
McDonald's, Wendy's, and Subway is relatively close by. There's even a Cracker Barrel(insert white joke here.) I believe there's a Dunkin' Donuts around there too.
In the words of Seibrik: "Holy ****, this place would be good enough for a state wide tournament."

Anyways, I'm planning on charging:

[highlight]$5 door fee
because I can.
and because it'll give me more money to give back to you guys and girls.[/highlight]

Orange in the spirit of Halloween. Just in case this mentioned:

I'm going to try to get food for everyone with the door fee you guys pay minus the cost of the rental. More people means overall better food for everyone because rental fee is a fixed cost....so try to get a bunch of people to come.

I am not keeping any of the money the attendees pay for myself.

Next part: We need setups. I can't stress this enough. I have a decent TV and a really small TV. The clubhouse also has the big TV.

TVs:
Tommy_G: 4.5
TheJoey: 1
Seibrik:1
Snipa: 1
ScaryLB59: 1
Kith: 1?
Total: 9.5?!?

Wiis:
Xaltis: 1
Snipa: 1
TheJoey: 1
Tommy_G: 1
Nick Riddle: 1
R@yvn: 1
Seibrik: 1
ScaryLB59: 1
Total: 8

I got confirmation to use my parent's TV and another TV from my living room. More TVs. More games. More hype.

Other:
Nothing confirmed yet, but you're all welcome to bring other games.

Interested List(30):
Seibrik
Chaz
Danny
Nick Riddle
Galeon
HRNut
GDX
FlatSoda
Poltergust
ScaryLB59
Esam
Shaky
Wonderbread
Dfear
TheJoey
Xaltis
Snipa
R@yvn
Fritz
Loli
Nipoo
Shaky
Kyon
hiROI
Serg
Izzy
Kith
MnM
Stafu?
BONESAW

Sleeping corner:
Let's say you're amazing so you get to the venue at 7am, go crazy in the pool, smash bros. it up, and eat...and then you realize, you're really ****ing tired.
But wait, it's only 4pm!?! There's no way that can be right.

Rest assured, Tommy_G's got you covered. Pun intended.
I will try to arrange a sleeping corner located in the hallway past the bathroom. Not only is it dark, but it's walled off too....which means it'll be quiet for the most part.

Main room.......Door...................Bathrooms-(Sleeping corner)-Door
..........................................Female<\ />Male
-------------------------||-----------------| |---------------------------||

I will have air mattresses and a 1 inch thick queen size memory foam pad along with blankets and pillows for your comfort.

I will not waive entry fee for those with setups; however, after 4pm, you have ultimate priority over what game will be played on your Setup. Whether it be Smash 64, TMNT: Smash up, SF4, Rock band, Blaz blue, Guilty Gear, Melee, or even Pokemon Puzzle League.

Melee may be played at anytime at a 3:1 ratio to the Brawl setups always rounded up(4 Brawl setups divided by 3= 1.333 rounds up to 2 max melee setups). This may change in the future. Nothing against Melee players, but I'm just more based into the Brawl community. I don't want this turning into a melee-only fest. This rule obviously changes after 4pm.

Subscribe to it so it keeps reminding you if you're interested and don't post on it.
I've housed 13 people for a Gigs before and I'm ready to take this to the next level by monitoring many people at a smashfest.

Who's up for this ****???

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
ME AND RONNIE SHOULD BE CHEFS HERE. JUST SAYING.

also, good idea.

i'll throw down 5 for entry cause it just makes more sense to me. unless people want to pay for their own food/etcetcetc.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
#1079 represent! im customer service *****es :3. i boss u guys around and make cashiers go get carts and block mwahaha...i hate counting trays >_>. ANYWAYS

can we bring our very loud obnoxious club music to this CLUB house o.o and lots of strobe lights lol?

imma bring a blaz setup too why not o.o

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
#1079 represent! im customer service *****es :3. i boss u guys around and make cashiers go get carts and block mwahaha...i hate counting trays >_>. ANYWAYS

can we bring our very loud obnoxious club music to this CLUB house o.o and lots of strobe lights lol?

imma bring a blaz setup too why not o.o
Btw, it's called leveling and I'm the best in the world at it.
I'm also the fastest cashier.

I don't let my customer service people boss me around because they need me too much
How much do you get paid?

1093 wut?!?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I'll bring one tv for sure, maybe two if i make two trips prior to this day. :) (gona need man power to help lift shiz)

I also think you should start keeping a tally for the door fee.

I vote for $5 dollars cuz i like foooood.

I'll help chip in for any remaining money we need for the 75 IF we dont get enough (doubtful) and i'll put half the deposit down too tommy cuz i wuv u.

Maybe i can get some kind of large stereo system up there for some heavy jams, put flatsoda on the DJ ;)

this is gona be the shiiiiiz

hyyype!

(one dollar tournies at most, we can do multiples of these at the whims of the players)

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
This Shiz looks so raw, Tampa lets get a car.

I make 8.50 at publix, I started as a bagger and now I cashier like once a week. I got a raise comin this month!!! Woot woot

Coffee™

I need it....
Hey, guys we want this to be as big as possible. It's a large venue and with a number of luxuries that you generally won't get at most venues playing Smash. It's not a general run of the mil tourney at someones house >_> I'm gonna sticky this for the moment, just so it gathers some more attention.

I'll be bringing a wii as well Tommy.

RoflWafflez

Smash Apprentice
I might be able to come, depends on my schedule, and depends on how Joey's gettin there lol

(I'm Fritz btw, ignore this account name...)

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
lol why is a smashfest stickied?

no, i'm not complaining, just curious O_o

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
lol why is a smashfest stickied?

no, i'm not complaining, just curious O_o
Hey, guys we want this to be as big as possible. It's a large venue and with a number of luxuries that you generally won't get at most venues playing Smash. It's not a general run of the mil tourney at someones house >_> I'm gonna sticky this for the moment, just so it gathers some more attention.

I'll be bringing a wii as well Tommy.
Well, there you go. :)

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
OK that's kool, and it's no problem if R@vyn is in charge here. At least he does mod stuff around here xD. Dogy is nowhere to be found >_>

so this thing better be hyped! :lick:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
Btw, it's called leveling and I'm the best in the world at it.
I'm also the fastest cashier.

I don't let my customer service people boss me around because they need me too much
How much do you get paid?

1093 wut?!?
meh as long as i get to boss the baggers around lol. i get paid 10.05 now : <

lol...leveling/blocking makes no difference xD...i just hate when i close i have to do it with the old lady cashiers and the one arrogant hot girl :\

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
meh as long as i get to boss the baggers around lol. i get paid 10.05 now : <

lol...leveling/blocking makes no difference xD...i just hate when i close i have to do it with the old lady cashiers and the one arrogant hot girl :\
You have those too?!? hahah I guess they're everywhere.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
does it help that they barely speak english too : < btw tommy...there better be n64!

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
does it help that they barely speak english too : < btw tommy...there better be n64!
I believe Chaz has smash 64 on his wii. Maybe we can use it if he comes and brings it.

I was mainly talking about the girl. The one at my store left(she was kind of a *****) and we got another one. The vicious cycle

Leveling= pull 2 items forward to make it look nice.

--
_____

Blocking=pull 2 items and stacking the front row to the top of the shelf, mainly on ice cream, yogurt, and cat food.
-
-
--
______

Publix is technical.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I believe Chaz has smash 64 on his wii. Maybe we can use it if he comes and brings it.
Awesome! I wonder if the item switch is unlocked yet (I looked it up on GameFAQs and I believe you need to play 75 matches to unlock it). We need to get those items off. >_>

I was mainly talking about the girl. The one at my store left(she was kind of a *****) and we got another one. The vicious cycle

Leveling= pull 2 items forward to make it look nice.

--
_____

Blocking=pull 2 items and stacking the front row to the top of the shelf, mainly on ice cream, yogurt, and cat food.
-
-
--
______

Publix is technical.
Heh, Publix has ATs. :p

:069:

lw0nderbreadl

Smash Ace
Haha I love this publix talk. I'm with tommyg on the leveling and blocking thing, they are diferent. But at my store old ladies nvr level, our store is squaded up with hot chicks, and they hot chicks always level.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
since im tall...i get pushed around by my customer service and store manager because they can view the top levels of each aisle in the lobby room upstairs and they go straight to me if it doesnt lookd blockd/leveled : <. being slightly taller than the average bear sucks : <

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
.... If I go I can bring my Wii oh oh oh oh ohhhhhhhh annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddd I can BAKE :D I can make what ever as long as you tell me and I can bake stuff before hand and bring it :D annnnd...I can probably bring my tv since I have a small enough TV that no one in my family uses cuz....I dunno

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
What was up with that whole bread thing yesterday anyhow?

Publix white bread is the best bread in the world. I had some there(being a Falco main, I had to have bread) and everyone went crazy over it.

Now I know why Falco says "Hands off my bread." Everyone ate it soo fast...

Also update on the smash fest. Apparently, there is no stove there. I'm still going to try my best to get food there regardless of no stove. There is a microwave though. :-/

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Publix white bread is the best bread in the world. I had some there(being a Falco main, I had to have bread) and everyone went crazy over it.

Now I know why Falco says "Hands off my bread." Everyone ate it soo fast...
No one offered me any. :(

Also update on the smash fest. Apparently, there is no stove there. I'm still going to try my best to get food there regardless of no stove. There is a microwave though. :-/
...POPCORN FOR EVERYBODY!

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
New update: Pictures and a possible mod on the "Ultimate TV priority after 6pm rule"

It kinda makes it look a bit smaller so don't be too discouraged. I tried to get the best angles I could.

If there aren't more than 10 tvs then it might be changed from after 6pm to before 5pm to encourage more attendance.
(there are 10 outlets)

Top Bottom