• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tomafia 4: Game Over - Mafia Wins!

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
So I was between --- and Rockin, and now that --- is gone, I still feel confident in my suspicions of Rockin. I still feel very strongly about Werekill being town. But huh this is tricky.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Now look werekill, I no longer think that you're mafia. I feel like, with the kind of synergy you and sb had, as well as the full clear of townieness on D3, I feel you wouldn't nk him, especially with how sb is willing to lynch me if --- turned out to be town.

I feel like Mafia is with Tewnlink, because of this.

You may need to sit back and look at this in some angles, but please do your best not to stress yourself out.

I'm going to reread and decide on this, but please keep in mind that I still have a scum read on you. Please bring up any points on Tewn that you feel are relevant.

So I was between --- and Rockin, and now that --- is gone, I still feel confident in my suspicions of Rockin. I still feel very strongly about Werekill being town. But huh this is tricky.

I still feel that Rockin is my current scum read, so I agree here.

However. Make sure to reread and settle for sure on it, along with giving any thoughts for why you still see Rockin as scum. I don't have you as a full clear, just a general town read. I'd like to see your reasoning before I hopped on a Rockin wagon; I have Rockin as a scum read, but if you're scum, something may show in your analysis.

This is LYLO, so I'm more than a bit nervous and cautious. A mislynch here means GG, and I want to ensure I've covered all angles before I blindly go into a Rockin lynch. I'm 90% on the Rockin scum read though, but still.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I'm going to reread and decide on this, but please keep in mind that I still have a scum read on you. Please bring up any points on Tewn that you feel are relevant.
You can try and be nice about it, but I'm bluntly stating to you PLEASE stand back and look at it from a different angle. My interactions, my thoughts, the NKs especially I would like for you to pay attention to.

And you won't find much of tewnlink, because of how he sheeped/parroted D2, as well as the mixture of lack of activity/genuine thoughts on the matter in D2 and D3. D3 Tewnlink was non-existant because of obligations on his day.

I've been able to drop my scum read on you based on the NK alone. I would like for you to please do the same and ask yourself 'would scum rockin do this?'

Yes, my D1 and D2 play has stained me greatly to not being the best town of the group, but instead of looking at it in a scum matter, please look at those bad instances as possible 'bad townie play'

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Out of fairness, I will reread with that perspective. Just please understand that it may not change my read.
Was there really a need to say that after saying 'out of fairness?' You may as well just lynch me now with that attitude. -_-

Cause I have no time for long winded discussions if you're just going to be certain from the getgo.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I mean, I had you as a scum read yesterDay and not much has changed toDay, lol. Especially with --- flipping town and confirming my thoughts.

Tewn overall reads as new Town, but since it's LYLO, I don't want to jump into a vote just in case.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I mean, I had you as a scum read yesterDay and not much has changed toDay, lol. Especially with --- flipping town and confirming my thoughts.

Tewn overall reads as new Town, but since it's LYLO, I don't want to jump into a vote just in case.
then you may as well just vote for me now and be done with it.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Actually yeah I'm going to take that as an appeal to emotion, and the rest feels like an attempt to appeal to an active Town player by dropping the "scum" read and pushing on the newbie.

The biggest sign? You have me as no longer scum, and you want me to directly look into Tewnleenk. Given the nature of LYLO, someone voting right out the gate is suspicious as hell. So instead of voting for your only scum read (directly saying that you have me as Town), you are trying to get me to hop in first and negate the risk.

Then you layer on the appeal to emotion and call for me to just vote for you, hoping that I'll go with the bluff and not vote.

Vote: Rockin

This vote is given with all previous reasoning from D3 attached, in addition to behavior toDay. You're Scum.

TewnLeenk

BRoomer
Yikes, I'm getting have to re-read some stuff here.

Out of Rockin and Werekill, I definitely have Rockin as mostly scum. I'm just feeling really confident in Werekill as town. I'm not going to vote right now and end the game just yet in case some new important info comes out, but I'm definitely leaning towards Rockin at the moment.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I recommend doing a reread and deciding after that, unless you have specific questions for either me or Rockin.

The fact that you didn't immediately hammer just makes me more assured that you aren't Scum. If Rockin was town and you were Scum, that would have been GG. So I'm glad the risk paid off.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count:
Rockin (1): Werekill
Not voting (2): TewnLeenk, Rockin

Day 4 will end Wednesday, April 10 at 2:30 pm Central or when a player reaches 2/3 votes.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count:
Rockin (1): Werekill
Not voting (2): TewnLeenk, Rockin

Day 4 will end Wednesday, April 10 at 2:30 pm Central or when a player reaches 2/3 votes.

TewnLeenk

BRoomer
Okay so I had some time on the train to re-read and think this whole thing over.

Rockin has never stated throughout the whole game that they think I'm scum until now. They've always been "well he could be scum or he could be a new townie, I'm not sure". But now apparently I'm definitely the scum boi and all their suspicions on Werekill have been dropped.

I didn't want to hammer Rockin immediately in case they popped in and dropped any new info, but that hasn't been the case yet (might be due to real life obligations which I totally understand, if so then sorry about this Rockin).

Couple that with my absolute confidence all game in Strong Bad and Werekill being Town, I think I'm about ready to do this now.

Hopefully I didn't **** everything up LOL

VOTE: Rockin

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count:
Rockin (2): Werekill, TewnLeenk
Not voting (1): Rockin

The ghost of Strong Bad fell to the ground in an exaggerated motion, wailing in death throes. The other ghosts of Tom, Pythag, and Matunas just floated there, cake in hand.

"Strong Bad... you want some cake?"

"Sure. Thanks."

The ghostly foursome watched as the last of the three living friends played Clue.

"I think it was TewnLeenk, in the library, with the revolver!"

"I think it was Rockin, with his bare hands, in the bedroom!"

"Me too. Yeah, Rockin did it."

"Ah, phooey."

All three friends hugged. No matter what happened, they had all had fun. They said their goodbyes and caught their respective trains to their respective homes. Another exciting game between good friends finished at the comfy little cottage in the quaint little village that Tom called home.

Rockin, Vanilla Townie, was lynched Day 4!

TewnLeenk, Vanilla Townie, died in endgame!

Werekill, Mafia Goon, survived!

Werekill and <π, the Mafia, win!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Thank you so much to everyone for playing. It was sincerely a great joy to mod a game of Mafia in DGames again.

Special thanks go to Mediocre and Ignatius for being available as replacements.

Shout-outs to the spectator/graveyard Day 1 crew: giraffelasergun, BarDulL, Ura, Maven89, and Dooplissity. Thanks for being my pals.

Congratulations to Werekill for MVP.

TewnLeenk

BRoomer

GODAMMIT

I've been played.

Really well played game Lore Lore

Honestly I had no idea.

Good games everybody, that was a fun experience. I still clearly have much to learn about Mafia. But thanks for making my first game enjoyable and thanks for organizing everything Tom Tom

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Thanks for playing, Tewn! I'm glad you joined in.

Like sure you had the wrong read on me, but you still played well enough to not get lynched before the end of the game. You did fine, I promise.

TewnLeenk

BRoomer
You know, for a split second before I cast my final vote I was thinking "huh, maybe Werekill is just really good and he's been playing us like fiddles all game long... Nahhh."

Oh well lmao

I still had fun

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
GGs all! Congrats to Werekill and <π on the win! Well played especially since y'all lost your power role day one.

Thanks Tom Tom for moderating and setting this up, I had a ton of fun.

Wish I had played better :urg: Sorry Town!

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Nah you played fine SB! You read situations mostly correctly, you were just off on a few reads. You went hard on analysis, and I'm legitimately surprised I got away with what I did.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I did a lot of analysis but I definitely didn't analyze certain things like I should have. I didn't put any effort into figuring out Matunas' night investigation, and I didn't reread your posts D3 at all after you drove the Medi lynch. It's probably because it was my first forum Mafia game. Sucks it'll probably be my last for a long time, this was a lot of effort haha.

Last edited:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Once a mafia, always a mafia Lore Lore I'll be sure to lynch you next game because I didn't have the chance to do it last game :p

Ha, for sure.

I did a lot of analysis but I definitely didn't analyze certain things like I should have. I didn't put any effort into figuring out Matunas' night investigation, and I didn't reread your posts D3 at all after you drove the Medi lynch. It's probably because it was my first forum Mafia game. Sucks it'll probably be my last for a long time, this was a lot of effort haha.

Maybe, but you had some pretty convincing reasons as to why I was Town. Given the data, it wasn't an unreasonable call.

As for effort, I'd just recommend not doing the super long analyze every post stuff. It certainly can help, but you can play well without it. And with significantly less effort put in too.

Also for the record I was right at the start! Where's my gold star!
Lmao

Last edited:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Yeah I was trying my absolute best not to be rude on the last Day. You were the best lynch candidate after my setting it up earlier, and I didn't want to give you too much hope that my "read" would change.

You played well though, gg.

Please don't talk to me. You were very unfun to play with and against. =/

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I'll respect your opinion and say no more to you, then.

Edit: Actually **** it, I will say one thing.

I felt pretty similarly about you too, yet I went out of my way to say you played well. You were the only person who had even a scum lean on me for 90% of the game.

I'm not going to go point for point about why I disliked your play this game, because that would be rude, unproductive, and anger-inducing for both of us. I'm going to drop it.

I'm just frustrated at your sportsmanship here. I hope the next game (if there is one) goes much better for both of us.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I don't really want to get into it but you were definitely told multiple times in the game to be less rude, Werekill. I was never the victim of your wrath but I am of the opinion that Mediocre and Rockin have legitimate reason to have distaste for your play. Particularly since it seemed to have contributed greatly to your victory.

Last edited:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I don't really want to get into it but you were definitely told multiple times in the game to be less rude, Werekill. I was never the victim of your wrath but I am of the opinion that Mediocre and Rockin have legitimate reason to have distaste for your play.
Didn't I also tone it down whenever requested? In addition to explaining myself and giving context?

Either way, it's fine for them to have distaste. I have distinct distaste for Rockin's play too. I simply find it to be unsporting to put it out there at the end of a game like that.

Edit: Just saw your edit, where you added that the play contributed to my victory. Nah, the misread "mocking" lines didn't contribute to my victory.

The false cases and aggressive play? It definitely contributed. If that's not how Scum should be allowed to play, then I don't understand this game.

Last edited:

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Oh no we're ****ed
Jk <3 <pi
sup sup partner!
what do you wanna do first?
Eh, just normal Day 1 stuff lol. I'll probably push to vote someone today to pressure that person, then we should be able to wing it given the reactions to the push/pressure.
Werekill...

I dont trust Tom, and because of that I cant trust you.

Ive thought about it and dont see much point in hiding that. We need each other regardless of whether you are town are or not I wanted to get that out in the open now.

I dont think there is a vanilla town role. I think there is a town goon role that wasn't mentioned in the opening.

The rules are specifically crafted so I cant see your alignment there would be no point in that if something like this wasn't the case since there is no meaningful overlap between roles.

The hope is that you are mafia and the other fake goon is with the other mafia member.

What are your thoughts partner?
Hey y'all,

I see exactly what you mean by the strange wording in the Role PMs, <π. I believe it is just because of the way the roles are worded on Mafiascum, where this 2d3 game is the current Newbie setup. I literally copy and pasted the role descriptions from Mafiascum, so if there is any reason why they have that strange line in the Mafia Role Cop role, I do not know what it is.

I can promise you 100% that you are the only two mafia in this game, and that you are aligned together. There is no screwball and no funny business.

Please read the 2d3 wiki page to see exactly what this setup can be.

I'm terribly sorry for the confusion.

Tomcat
I'm also assuming we can tell each other our roles, right? Figured, but I want to be safe.
Yes, you guys are totally on the same team and can communicate 100% as long as you're both alive.
Ah cool.

Mafia Goon here then lol
oh.... oh...

that's great! Yeah we won
I'm mafia cop.
Btw Tom Tom , I did actually read the 2d3 wiki pregame. I just wanted to distance myself further from knowing the scum count, along with covering <pi a bit with his 2 v 7 post.

It's a neat setup, and I'd likely use it for a game myself.
Heyo.

I'm gonna loosely "side" with and defend medi. If I get lynched later in the game you can fall back on that.

I'm going to play suspicious of you. I'll likely vote for you day 1 if I dont think you'll actually get lynched.

If I die you can take a leadership role in the game and pretty much run it. Using my hard line against you as evidence of your innocence.
I'd recommend not being too suspicious or voting on me D1, given how my normally aggressive playstyle could lead to a "you're too aggressive!" wagon with enough fuel.

That sort of play may work later, but I'd keep from doing at least a full vote unless absolutely necessary.

Aggression gets the ball rolling, but it's a ton of work to not get lynched from it imo. That's true as scum or town.

Edit: Typos
Pff you know what you are doing.
Hopefully lol.

Keep in mind that this is a team effort though, and say if you disagree on anything.
The intention with this vote is to just do pressure, not to get a full wagon rolling. I intend to change the wagon to someone else before Day's end.
I'm doing Awful!!

If I live though the night I want to check --- for a role. if he is neopolitain we know the other remaining role is town cop
edit:
if medi is neapolitan
other role is doctor.

we should knock off some on who is unarguably considered town I think... or SB.
That's actually incorrect, given the 9 possible setups. The only role that goes with Neapolitan AND a mafia cop is a Doctor.

Ninja edit: I see that you saw the mistake lol. No worries.

I don't think you're playing bad, it's just how things go sometimes. I'm actually pretty against getting SB; he seems to agree with me for the most part, and I've made a fairly successful buddy attempt. He'd be a great N2 kill though, if the trend continues.
For me I'm considering getting --- instead. It's a 50/50 as to whether a potential doctor protects him or not.

I'm leaning more towards him being protected though, so that may not be a safe bet.
Is there a way I could have you relieve suspicion or is that a bad play? everyone seems split between rockin and me.

Tom Tom is role revealed is on death?
I've been trying to relieve suspicion from you onto Rockin, but more people seem to be leaning towards you. I have to keep up at least some pressure towards you, so that I look less suspicious.

It's a really rough situation though.
Role is always revealed upon death.
yes it is
I remember hearing when Summit changed those rules for their mafia games.

That was so ****ing dumb.
It's looking like the thread trend is towards you, so I'm shifting my vote earlier so it doesn't look like a last minute swap. Sorry man. :(
Yeah this is a bad situation, to put it mildly. I'm hating that you're probably the lynch today.

But take heart. Your rolecop-flip will make my ploy very effective. Note how hard I went on the potential goon-goon scenario with tripleDash?

Your rolecop flip will go completely against it, and it will likely put me in a position to clear up tripleDash and force claims out of the remaining power role, if tripleDash isn't VT.
And the speculation on my end will seem even more like someone who doesn't know the scum composition, or at least I hope so.
should I claim a role that exists only in goon goon?
tracker role?
Or just play innocent to the end?
Nah, I think going Vanilla Town and letting your flip speak for itself would be best.

If you want to be ballsy, Doctor is the only possibility if we have a Neapolitan.

Cop also works for similar reasons, but it's technically impossible... hmm
Honestly go Cop if you want to claim a role. Best case, you live and get to investigate someone. Worst case, you die like you already are trending to.

Otherwise, vanilla town.
tracker pairs with doctor on goongoon game.
cop feels way too convenient IMO matches with both cop and doctor
True, it's up to you on this one. Whatever you feel works best.
I goofed. Good luck bub. I think you can win.
Thank you for playing <π

Truly <3

If you are interested in the Spectator/Graveyard chat, send me a PM and I'll add you to it.

This chat should now no longer be used.
Thanks, no worries man. It's how games go sometimes.

Here's hoping for the best!

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
GG <pi, sorry it turned out for you the way that it did. You did well though, and we still won! I wouldn't have made it without your setup D1.

On further reflection, I'd like to not debate or argue more on the Rockin bit in this thread. I still say GG and that Rockin was the most correct in the end out of the other players, simple as that. Personal feelings are different, but I'd rather just leave that behind.

Last edited:

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I'll respect your opinion and say no more to you, then.

Edit: Actually **** it, I will say one thing.

I felt pretty similarly about you too, yet I went out of my way to say you played well. You were the only person who had even a scum lean on me for 90% of the game.

I'm not going to go point for point about why I disliked your play this game, because that would be rude, unproductive, and anger-inducing for both of us. I'm going to drop it.

I'm just frustrated at your sportsmanship here. I hope the next game (if there is one) goes much better for both of us.
The bolded makes it seem like I should be grateful, yet in reality, I don't care all that much. I'm just tired of playing nice. Maybe years earlier I would've been a bit more sportsman-like, but not today lol

Honestly, I would rather avoid playing another mafia game with ya. If it was this frustrating as mafia, I don't even wanna picture town werekill =/

But yes, I rather not say anything further about this and if werekill wants to continue this, we can do it in PMs.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I don't think I should even have to say how infuriating that last post is, Rockin.

Suffice it to say that I'm done with this conversation and would be happy to not be in a game with you too.

Edit: Rockin Rockin Again, I'm done with this conversation. Don't PM me again about it, especially just to give a one-liner comeback.

Last edited:
Top Bottom