• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tomafia 4: Game Over - Mafia Wins!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Hello beautiful reader and welcome to Tomafia 4.

Please familiarize yourself with the setup we will be playing: the Mafiascum 2d3.

If you would like to join the spectator/graveyard chat, please PM me.

Simple Summary:
During the day, a majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) to lynch. That player will be killed and their role will be revealed. The day will last 72 hours. During the night, do not post in the thread. Players with role actions should submit them as soon as possible. The night will last 24 hours. The game ends when the mafia is eliminated or nothing can stop this from occurring as determined by me.

Rules:
01. Be kind to each other.
02. Do not edit your posts. Double post for corrections if necessary.
03. Vote in bold; you do not have to unvote to vote a new person.
04. Days will last for 72 hours, Nights will last for 24 hours. Day will end early if a majority vote is reached. There is no twilight phase.
05. You are allowed to vote for No Lynch.
06. Don't talk about the game outside of the thread unless your role says you can.
07. You can ask the mod questions in the thread with the command @(myname)
08. No hidden code and text and such. You can breadcrumb.
09. You can not post screenshots containing any private data, or reference any private data such as the time a PM was sent, etc. You can not directly quote any PMs from the mod or reference any pictures.
10. When you receive your role PM please confirm by replying to me with your role.
11. No posting in the thread when you are dead.
12. Prods will be issued for not posting for 18 hours. Three prods will get you replaced.

Players: (✓ = confirmed)
1. Lore Lore , Mafia Goon, survived to endgame.
2. TewnLeenk TewnLeenk , Vanilla Townie, killed in endgame.

(Replacement: Ignatius Ignatius )

Deceased:
<π , Mafia Rolecop, was lynched Day 1.
Pythag Pythag , Town Tracker, was killed Night 1.
Mediocre Mediocre , Vanilla Townie, was lynched Day 2.
Matunas Matunas , Town Cop, was killed Night 2.
--- --- , Vanilla Townie, was lynched Day 3.
Strong Badam Strong Badam , Vanilla Townie, was killed Night 3.
Rockin Rockin , Vanilla Townie, was lynched Day 4.

Sample Roles:
You are a Vanilla Townie.

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment.
You are a Town Cop.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are Town or Mafia. If your action is blocked, you will be informed that you have received No Result.

You are a Town Tracker.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player or players they visited, if any. If they visited nobody, you will be told they did not visit anyone. If your action is blocked, you will be informed that you have received No Result.

You are a Town Neapolitan.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are Vanilla Townie or Not Vanilla Townie. If your action is blocked, you will be informed that you have received No Result.

You are a Town Doctor.

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

You are a Town Jailkeeper.

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

You are a Mafia Goon.

You and your partner share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional chat, where you may talk at any time. If you wish to use discord to chat, simply include me in the chat.

You win when the Town has been eliminated or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your chat.
You are a Mafia Roleblocker.

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

You and your partner share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional chat, where you may talk at any time. If you wish to use discord to chat, simply include me in the chat.

You win when the Town has been eliminated or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your chat.
You are a Mafia Rolecop.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed of their role but not their alignment. Vanilla Townies and Mafia Goons will both return "Vanilla". If your action is blocked, you will be informed that you have received No Result.

You and your partner share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a role cop in the same night phase. You also share a factional chat, where you may talk at any time. If you wish to use discord to chat, simply include me in the chat.

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Woweee, that’s a lot of new players I haven’t seen before in DGames. Awesome. GL to all factions.

I would be interested in a green room/spectator chat if you have one Tom Tom !

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got my role. Am going to work in 10 minutes so see you all in the morning.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I wish to spectate.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
For the sake of both avoiding the queue and also bringing some unfamiliar faces with me back to DGames, I thought it best to bring a full game.

I've sent Crimson King Crimson King a message as he is the last to confirm. I expect we will be underway tomorrow.

Per a little Ura Ura bird giving me some good advice, I've changed the prod from 12 to 18 hours, as some people work long shifts.

Maven89

Smash Master
For the sake of both avoiding the queue and also bringing some unfamiliar faces with me back to DGames, I thought it best to bring a full game.

I've sent Crimson King Crimson King a message as he is the last to confirm. I expect we will be underway tomorrow.

Per a little Ura Ura bird giving me some good advice, I've changed the prod from 12 to 18 hours, as some people work long shifts.
The best way to introduce people to dgames is to have a game without dgamers?

Well they might stay longer this way

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I guess that's an oversimplified interpretation of what I said, sure.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
If nothing else, there could always be a replacement if the game's start time is tonight.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
town neapolitan seems kinda weak for a neutered cop with there only being one vt. and especially with there being a cop (a busted role but i digress), seems kinda like a throwaway role. idve made him like a pr cop and turned the cop into a vt. just my two cents but i mean what do i know lol

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
town neapolitan seems kinda weak for a neutered cop with there only being one vt. and especially with there being a cop (a busted role but i digress), seems kinda like a throwaway role. idve made him like a pr cop and turned the cop into a vt. just my two cents but i mean what do i know lol
there are 5 vts in any setup with a neapolitan

gotta read the link for how 2d3 works

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
At a comfy little cottage in a quaint little village, nine friends arrived from all over the place to visit their mutual friend. They had each spent quite a little time in this quaint little place - but that was a while ago and felt like a world away. As each of his friends arrived, their host gifted them with a little cupcake. It was nice. By evening-time everyone was present - and had eaten their present - and so they all scurried upstairs to bed. With a good night’s sleep thinking back on the old times, they looked forward to a week of fun and fond memories.

But when they all gathered downstairs for some bacon, biscuits, coffee, and tea, they noticed something terrible!

Tom, the friendly host, was killed Night 0!

At least he had the good sense to leave a note:

“Thanks for responding to my little letter. Remember the good times we had in this small town? They’re some of my favorite memories. I’m so very thankful for each and every one of you - even those of you who received a letter and unfortunately could not attend, and even those of you whose letter was lost in the mail and just so happen to be reading this now. What’s your favorite memory of a game we played together? Maybe we never even had the chance to play together - I’m thankful you get the chance now.

It looks like I died Night 0 again. Some things are just unavoidable. Just like old times, huh y’all? Take seventy-two hours to figure out who seems most responsible. Do your best! And remember - we’re all friends here, even the two who killed me!”

Vote Count [5/9 to lynch]:
Not voting (9): Lore Lore , <π , Strong Badam Strong Badam , TewnLeenk TewnLeenk , Pythag Pythag , Rockin Rockin , Matunas Matunas , --- --- , Mediocre Mediocre

Day 1 will end without a lynch on Friday, March 29 at 5:30 CST, or when a player reaches 5/9 votes.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Wow I can't believe Werekilled Tom. :urg: He even celebrated after hearing the news!

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I'm dumb. I was trying to meta game so hard. 3 versus 6 seemed so busted I thought Tom was literally listing each role in this game at the top.

As per the note left behind seems like 2 v 7. MUCH more reasonable... I mean assuming dead tom got a good look before he died.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
How do you play this again? Werekill you do it? If not can we be friends?
We can be friends. <3

Wow I can't believe Werekilled Tom. :urg: He even celebrated after hearing the news!
I appreciate the Werekill pun there lol.

I'm dumb. I was trying to meta game so hard. 3 versus 6 seemed so busted I thought Tom was literally listing each role in this game at the top.

As per the note left behind seems like 2 v 7. MUCH more reasonable... I mean assuming dead tom got a good look before he died.
Yeah I wasn't expecting the scum number to be hinted at in the opening flavor, isn't that kinda rare?

I'm about to reread the OP, but I'm pretty sure we have no third party right?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
So if I understand it right, there is a 2/3 chance of the setup having one mafia power role, assuming Tom randomly generated. Also 2 scum is assumed for this setup, according to the wiki.

Neat, I like the element of both knowing the pool of roles and the randomness of not knowing what's there. If I run a game, I think I'll do something similar.

Nice choice of setup Tom Tom !

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So less than half of the players have posted?? Cmon where y'all at? We need to start some discussion or Mafia won't have any opportunities to make mistakes.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
"Dead Tom's Dead!"
- Old Tom

It has been a hot minute since I've played one of these. Did we always start on a day phase?

Re : Werekill, I was curious about the setup myself, is it just a random assortment of those characters, or one of each...idk.

if the initial post(s) of Tom are not being duplicitous then there are only 2 mafia and no third party. At least that's my assertion

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I believe you can tag the moderator and ask to be sure, but the linked wiki for 2d3 is pretty clear. There is no 3rd party like serial killer etc, there are exactly 2 mafia (At least one Goon, and the other is random between the 3 possible Mafia roles) and 7 townies no matter how the dice rolls.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So, in that context, the fact that the note declares that there are two Mafia is simply written for flavor. There was never any other possible number of Mafia.

Top Bottom