• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tomafia 3 - Game Over, Town wins!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Yes it is important, but unless the role blocker comes foward, we really have nothing we can do with it. There are only two reasons j can see for them not coming foward:
1. The mafia chose to not make a hit for whatever reason. Could be an extra ability or maybe they can't kill every day or something idk.
2. The roleblocker does not know they are the roleblocker. I've seen hidden abilities before.

3 (I know I said two, but I just thought of a new one). Someone has night kill immunity
1. Possible.

2. You mean Mafia Roleblocker and Town roleblocker cancel each other out?

3. That would mean they have to kill the others in order to still win. But wait, what's the possibility of having a night kill immunity? This is a chef theme, so what kind of chef would have a night kill immunity? Overnight shift? >>

Anyways, I earlier on I thought omis? was suspicious back on day 2. But then jungle seemed like a more obvious choice, and it just didn't make any sense to me that if omis? was mafia that he would out his own partner in crime day1.

And I think everyone band wagoning omis? is suspicious because it seems like, they are trying to ignore yesterdays lack of a kill.

But than again one of them may be the roleblocker and did indeed block omis? and that is why they are so sure that he is mafia. Which kind of makes me want to vote omis? and trust them.

But then I do not see why the roleblocker would not just role claim. In my post a few days ago, I gave the reason why the roleblocker should role claim and they seem fool proof. Unless something really out of the ordinary happens.

This is basically just whats going through my head now and why I have not voted for omis? yet.
As Ronike said, unless the roleblocker calls himself out, there's nothing we can do. I can't see a Mafia choosing to not kill, so he had to be stopped by a roleblocker. We would have to see on next day of what happens. Then we'll be sure. Right now, fairly confident it was a RB.

While I have made so mistakes as you pointed out, I still do not see how I am still considered Mafia after the issue with Strat. I could have easily accused someone else just as easily. I dont see any reason why I would vote out what people think is my mafia mate so early.
It's not the fact that you could've accused someone else. it's the fact at how you reacted afterward that got me off the edge of the Mafia radar. we are glad you pointed out on Stratford, but your choice of words has made me wonder of your alliance of either Mafia or Town.

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
2. You mean Mafia Roleblocker and Town roleblocker cancel each other out?
mind clarifying what this means??

as for omis?, nothing has yet to change my mind

omis? your defense has yet to convince me and although I agree with the no kill being extremely interesting, i also agree with rockin: what are we supposed to do..........

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
mind clarifying what this means??
let's say that the mafia tried to kill...Ronike. But he has a roleblock power as well and uses it on Macman. Macman as the power of roleblock and is townie, so uses it on the Mafia. Therefor

Mafia roleblock power vs Townie roleblock power = cancels out each other's action and keeps Ronike safe.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
I've been dealing with a family emergency and have not had the chance to get online. I'm going to go over the thread and hopefully have time to post tomorrow. Sorry guys, but this new year has been a bad one so far.

Omis

my friends were skinny
I've been dealing with a family emergency and have not had the chance to get online. I'm going to go over the thread and hopefully have time to post tomorrow. Sorry guys, but this new year has been a bad one so far.
I hope, for your cause, that things sort themselves out.

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
let's say that the mafia tried to kill...Ronike. But he has a roleblock power as well and uses it on Macman. Macman as the power of roleblock and is townie, so uses it on the Mafia. Therefor

Mafia roleblock power vs Townie roleblock power = cancels out each other's action and keeps Ronike safe.
um..........wouldn't this kill ronike.....since he blocked macman's block?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
No, really guys, I'd like to come back inside now

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
i mean.....how are you supposed to take it away from macman now......

i really dont think that's fair....

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
If Eor wants back into the game, he will have to be replacement #2 behind KevinM. ;)

Ronike

Smash Ace
Ok, I dunno where this whole two roleblodkers thing came from, but I mean what if the roleblocker does not know he roleblocks? I'll post a detailed example when I get home in 12 hours. And eor, come on man you know how these games work

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Ok, I dunno where this whole two roleblodkers thing came from, but I mean what if the roleblocker does not know he roleblocks? I'll post a detailed example when I get home in 12 hours. And eor, come on man you know how these games work
It was how I looked at it that said two role blockers. Sorry about that.

Ronike

Smash Ace
SOrry, got home late and I was ridiculously tired from driving. Anywho...

What I'm trying to say is maybe, just maybe, the roleblocker roleblocks through their actions, not by deciding. Lets say for example, we have a drunk chef. THey may know they are drunk, or they may not, but regardless, they are not told their ability at least not explicitly. In reality, their ability could be something like: the (first or last) person you voted for the day before knocked into you and fell down, thus they are unable to accomplish their night activity. Something like that maybe. That way we would have a roleblocker who doesn't know they are.

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
ok, well either way....i think if someone doesn't speak up soon claiming a role, we need to just go on with the game

otherwise we're bound to get a deadline

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Ok. Here I go. After saying this I have almost no doubt I'm going to be nightkilled. I am the nurse role. I took over for jungle when he died as the doctor. I am coming out and saying this now to clear the confusion and to help prove the innocence of at least one other townie.

Ronike, I protected you last night. Seeing as there was no nightkill I believe you were the target of the night actions. This fits into the take out the experienced people angle and is the reason I chose you. For arguments sake I'll assume they went for you because you have more experience here in decisive games, and with me spearheading the lynch on jungle I might have been considered a target.

This leaves me to look at the remaining people in the game.

Rockin
Macman
MexicanBJ
Omis?

I'm taking what time I can to individually look over each person's posts. At this point I'm going to have to recommend the cop (assuming there is one) reveal their role. If you do and state your investigations we have a very very good chance of winning this game. You are another townie we can cross of the list, may be able to prove someone else's innocence, and I promise to protect you so that I am the target instead.

Yes this is ballsy, but at this point I think it is the best move to make.

Ronike

Smash Ace
unvote omis?

Not because I have changed my mind but because I don't want someone jumping in and hammering him if he is not mafia

Ronike

Smash Ace
For the record, I am flattered that the mafia would go for me and I was protected. I do believe you Matunas and this helps. However...

Now to be an *** about it and be devil's advocate, just in case. In a big game I can understand having a secondary doctor, but in a small game? Seems a bit overpowered... What if Matunas is the remaining mafia and last night decided not to night kill just so he could do this today and get immunity? Seems like a smart choice to me... There are other possibilities tho, along with downfalls to this hypothesis.

First off, Matunas prolly woulda claimed earlier had this been the case. This is prolly the main reason I think he is telling the truth. Plus he has generally just been very helpful, so I don't think it was him.

Now, for other reasons I may have been wrong: having a secondary doctor may be overpowered, but what if the nurse has side effects or doesn't always work? Maybe having the nurse protect you gives you one extra day to live before dying of malpractice, or maybe she only has a 50/50 chance of succeeding. I dunno, but if I die in a weird way that doesn't seem mafia like tomorrow, this is prolly why.

For the record again, I believe Matunas is telling the truth. I am just being devils advocate. In other news, I too encourage the cop to come out. We are winding down here, and any further info would be helpful.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Matunas, I am humbled by your decision. If the cop comes forward, you have quite possibly saved the town. Throughout the game I saw you as a power player for town and thus believe you in your claim. I will state right now that I am not the cop. I am simply a vanilla townie. I encourage the cop to come forward with their role and whom they have protected.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Matunas, I am humbled by your decision. If the cop comes forward, you have quite possibly saved the town. Throughout the game I saw you as a power player for town and thus believe you in your claim. I will state right now that I am not the cop. I am simply a vanilla townie. I encourage the cop to come forward with their role and whom they have protected.
Oops, I meant to say investigated.

Ronike

Smash Ace
On second thought... We can't really use what the doc found unless they struck mafia as the last remainer is the godfather and thus immune to cops... hmm... the dilema...

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
On second thought... We can't really use what the doc found unless they struck mafia as the last remainer is the godfather and thus immune to cops... hmm... the dilema...
Maybe so, but at least we'll be on agreement as to who is truelly town. Anyone else who hasn't been looked at should be considered for a lynch (unless otherwise)

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
hm.......yea, all very interesting

i think we should trust matunas for now, since we have no real reason to do otherwise and focus more on the four targets left

call me stubborn, but of the remaining four, i still believe omis? has been the most suspicious.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Maybe so, but at least we'll be on agreement as to who is truelly town. Anyone else who hasn't been looked at should be considered for a lynch (unless otherwise)
No, thats my point, since the last one is the godfather, and they will appear as a townie, and thus, unless the cop has found a mafia, we can't rule out the possibility that our town finds are in fact mafia. Godfather immunity is a pain, huh?

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
i think he's being hypothetical and just preparing for the worst.....

please correct me if i'm wrong.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Stratford (mafia goon) has eaten from the cake!
Thats how. If it was mafia godfather, then we woulda known it was that. BTW, I was looking back over day 1 trying to find this post, and I realized omis? almost got voted out at least twice this day, so he knew he was in hot water, so why not throw another mafia to the sharks to make himself look good?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ronike i'm asking how do you know Tom included a godfather as opposed to just having normal mafia.
But the wording is in fact interesting, I'm not sure but if tom decided to have just regular mafia, wouldn't he say vanilla mafia or something of that sort, saying "goon" does give the impression that there is a higher up. And also if there are only 2 mafia in an 11 man game, having a godfather would probably balance the game out more, since in tomafia 1 i think it was, there was 2 mafia and 9 people in total. SO i guess it would make sense for Tom to do this.

also that revelation about omis? is interesting, it does make me suspect him more, and i'm trying to figure whether he is smart/gutsy enough to make a maneuver like that.

and Matunas being the nurse is convincing, but I do have tiny doubts, I keep imagining in my head situations where Matunas is mafia and mafia wins because of this and how Tom is congratulating him on making such a smart move. But I doubt this is the case.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I just checked; in tomafia 1, the mafia were referred to as "mafia aligned" and not "mafia goon" so there is good chance that there is a godfather. What can we do with this information?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay, it's apparant that there is no cop in this game. Cause if there was, either me, Omis, MexianBJ, and Macman would've spoke out by now. This probably explains why there was just a doctor and a nurse.

Anyway, we have to make up a decision or something. Either we vote for somone (Omis has 3 votes on him) or we propose a no-lynch.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
I'm going to work in a little bit. When I get home my goal is to figure out who I want to vote for this time around. Since no one roleclaimed besides myself and omis? it makes the decision harder.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
so everyones sticking with omis?
lol ok so im also gonna go through the entire thread and make a decision before the day is over.
hopefully..

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
I'll admit I'm not too excited about the end of this round. I seriously feel I'll be night killed because my role is out in the open. Only one person roleclaimed and it was Vanilla. I really doubt there were only two roles out of a total (most likely) 7 town.

If you guys don't want to state your role, I can deal with that, but please let me know. Not only the cop roleclaim would get us info. If you have any kind of valuable role at all it will make it so I have to be the target instead because I WILL PROTECT YOU. If I am blatantly protecting someone then the only option is to take me out or risk taking out no one.

I'm not all about dying for no reason in this game. By voting at the moment, unless we hit a mafia, we gain no info out of a day where we could have had plenty. The odds are in our favor.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Mustanas, understand that anyone could just say Vanilla. If me and others did, it would've made it that much harder to protect. And even if one or two people didn't say it, it's not garanteed, since the other 'so called' vanillas could be lieing.

I'm not sure why the others ain't saying their roles, but the reason why I'm not saying mine is because I wanna see how the Mafia would react to this. IMO, I don't think a real vanilla really needs to state out his alliance. Only by seeing his posts and such would show if he's Mafia or townie. I can't trust anyone who shouts 'I'm Vanilla.'

This is my two cents. Since Omis is the one and only that showed he's a vanilla, he has to be Mafia....IMO at least.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
I can see your point, but if you are vanilla it wouldn't hurt to say it. Sure that could lead to everyone just saying their vanilla, but I don't think it implicates someone.

Personally I don't think omis? is mafia. He definitely didn't shout that he was vanilla, it was almost a side note in his post. I've been looking at it and I just don't think so. I was really hoping this would go somewhere, but the pace of the game has slowed so much that it's hard to say if it will or not.

If I have to I'll vote just so this game will gain a little momentum, but please understand why I don't want it to end quite yet.

Omis

my friends were skinny
so everyones sticking with omis?
lol ok so im also gonna go through the entire thread and make a decision before the day is over.
hopefully..
Could you elaborate on what you meant when you said this?
also that revelation about omis? is interesting, it does make me suspect him more, and i'm trying to figure whether he is smart/gutsy enough to make a maneuver like that.

Top Bottom