• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tomafia 3 - Game Over, Town wins!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Thats how. If it was mafia godfather, then we woulda known it was that. BTW, I was looking back over day 1 trying to find this post, and I realized omis? almost got voted out at least twice this day, so he knew he was in hot water, so why not throw another mafia to the sharks to make himself look good?
anyways, i'm still trying to figure how to vote for, bear with me guys

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
whats going on guys, is everyone really busy or something?

this thread has been dead for almost 2 days.....

macman and matunas, let me know what you guys are thinking

Ronike

Smash Ace
I'm just waiting for a desicion to be made. I still suspect omis? And if no one is going to come out with more
Info, guess I may as well do this:
vote: omis?

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
I have been busy, but I already stated what I felt. Nothing else came of it so I decided to sit back for awhile. Sure it isn't helping, but I was hoping people would acknowledge what I said outside of Rockin.

I still don't think omis? is mafia.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay look, first of all, we seriously need to post more. I'm looking at you, Macman, MexicanBJ, Omis, and even Ronike. >>;;

Second, I came up with something sudden. Why would there be a nurse in a game of this size? There could be two reasons for this...

- The fact that there's no cop (which is also weird). Since there is no cop, there could be a nurse in the game (provided that the doctor dies first). That due to Omis sounding suspicious and all, that he could be Mafia.

- If there actually is a cop, yet still too scared to speak up, it's possible that Mutunas is the Mafia. A Doctor, cop, AND nurse sounds way too powerful to have if nothing else for a game of this size. I still feel there's a cop here, but he's being too scared to not mention himself.

Tell me what ya think.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ok so personally I think that if there was a cop, that he would be stupid not to have claimed by now. There are almost no reasons for him to wait.
So i find it very plausible that Matunas is the nurse.

I still don't think Omis is mafia, but if that continues to be popular consensus I will vote for him.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
This game is really dead. So for the hope of getting it to be active again and have it progress. Vote: omis?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count [4/6 to lynch]
omis? (4): Ronike, Rockin, MexicanBJ, Matunas

Still elated from the previous night of peace, the chefs gather 'round the table again to debate over who should take the next bite of the cake. There are some claims, as people say they are more than just chefs, and it seems to narrow down the suspect list to omis?.

The final vote is cast, and omis? steps up the the cake.

"At least I get to taste a masterpiece of handiwork. Long live the king!" he shouts as he grabs two fistfuls of icing and shoves them in his mouth. He continues to devour the cake until he begins to seize, and then he falls down backwards to his death.

omis? (vanilla townie) has eaten from the cake!

Day 3 ends, Night 3 begins!

Night will last a maximum of 48 hours, though please send in your night actions ASAP.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
You all are depressed that once again you've killed a decent chef, and you tread back towards the round table for a drink. After you've all taken a sip, you suddenly remember the murder a la poison that took place two mornings ago.

You all panic and drop your water glasses... but nothing happens.

"Is everyone okay...? Is everything... okay...?"

"It's the work of the mafia!"

"You said that yesterday. And the day before. Shut up."

Nobody has died!

Day 4 begins!

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Um, what the hell? I don't understand... Oh BTW, sorry omis?, you just seemed suspiscious...

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay, so it's confirmed. The Mafia is getting roleblocked. We don't have a cop, but we definitly got a roleblocker on our side.

Now, who the hell is gonna tell is the question. Also, while I do feel bad that Omis died, at least things will be more active again.

I took a quick look at MexicanBJ's Post pages and his last post was on the 19th of Jan. The official lynch tom did was on the 20th. Now we just got one today. I'm convinced that Mexican BJ isn't the mafia.

according to Mutunas, he's a nurse, and has protected one or two people...so he can't possibly be mafia either.

So that leaves

Rockin
RONIKE
Macman

One of us three is the Mafia.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
I protected Ronike again. Figured I'd go with the most experienced person outside of myself because I seriously thought I was dead.

It could also be MexicanBJ and the deadline passed without him submitting anything. I have to check exactly how much time passed.

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
on the other hand, im a little more suspicious of the possibility of matunas roleclaiming nurse but not actually being one

here are my reasons:

1. this maneuver would pretty much make him invincible
2. it's a lot more likely for a roleblocker to block the mafia twice in a row than for a nurse to get really lucky twice (we dont really know, other than from what matunas says, who was really tried to be killed)
3. if he rolecalls as nurse, he can simply no kill at night and still claim the people he "healed" and saved
4. two posts before omis? got lynched, he explicitly said he didn't think omis? was the mafia. his very next post is jumping for the final vote to get rid of omis? using an "inactivity" reason, something i dont think is too strong

also, im really shocked/confused at such a fast vote for me by him.....

Vote: Matunas

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
The reason I voted for you so quickly is the following.

Okay, so it's confirmed. The Mafia is getting roleblocked. We don't have a cop, but we definitly got a roleblocker on our side.

Now, who the hell is gonna tell is the question. Also, while I do feel bad that Omis died, at least things will be more active again.

I took a quick look at MexicanBJ's Post pages and his last post was on the 19th of Jan. The official lynch tom did was on the 20th. Now we just got one today. I'm convinced that Mexican BJ isn't the mafia.

according to Mutunas, he's a nurse, and has protected one or two people...so he can't possibly be mafia either.

So that leaves

Rockin
RONIKE
Macman

One of us three is the Mafia.
Here Rockin states why he thinks you aren't mafia. You had been inactive since the 19th (although it was actually the 18th as seen here) and therefore could not have submitted night actions during this period of time (excluding the possibility of AIM). His reasoning would make sense if the action had taken place sooner than 48 hours. But instead we received the results of the night almost exactly 48 hours after the fact. This implies that Tom waited for night actions to be submitted till the last minute making sure no one was waiting.

I cannot believe that someone would not lynch two nights in a row, or target Ronike two nights in a row. You're inactivity directly covers the time period. If no actions were submitted than the deadline takes effect causing anyone who didn't submit to lose their chance.

That is why I voted for you and I hope if clears things up for others as well. For the record Rockin, those are two of the three people I have listed in my notes as potential mafia up to this point, the other being Mexican instead of Ronike.

As to your claim as to me potentially being mafia. I was honestly expecting it yesterday. Instead there was literally zero activity worth mentioning. And for the last time I DID NOT BELIEVE OMIS? WAS MAFIA. I voted for one reason and one reason only. This game was going no where. I could have put the hammer down at any time for days (outside of game time) and I didn't because I was hoping something would come of it. Instead people posted in the other mafia game and this one was pretty much abandoned. So if it was going to go anywhere something had to happen.

This does not prove my innocence but I also planted a seed so I could reference it later early in this day. I made the post odd on purpose hoping people that were looking closely would catch on and know I was a townie. This post uses the first letter in each sentence to spell out "IM THE NEW DOC".

I understand that I will be on the chopping block today, I knew that if I wasn't taken out during the night that I would have a lot of explaining to do, that's fine with me. But if you want to know why I voted you there it is plain and simple. I'm not completely convinced you are mafia, but the situation seems to paint it so.

I hope you don't because I am not mafia, but if you decide to vote me out please at least let me speak a little before the hammer.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Well I also think MexicanBJ is mafia. Primarily because he did not vote for stratford day 1. And if you read through his posts he implicitly states that he did not believe that Strat was mafia. It also bothers me that on day one he argues that we should lynch an experienced player[which he may have been fighting for because both he and strat were new to mafia in a forum], however after that idea was shot down he begins to start voting on people based on activity. Starting with Marshy, and then shifting to Omis?. I find it an odd coincidence that Stratford posted right after MexicanBJ began to target people based on inactivity, and strat asked a question that has already been covered in detail, it seemed like he just posted so that MexucanBj would have an excuse not to vote for him even though he was far less active then omis?. Also MexicanBJ indirectly accused Eor of being scum, by stating that it was odd that Eor hadn't posted even when he was being hassled. However he never once placed his suspicions on strat.

Also the chance that Mafia misses two kills are low, and what Matunas says about your inactivity also makes sense. And it does not make sense for Matunas to clear someones name if he was mafia, which he did for Ronike.

However if mexicanBJ is lynched and he is not mafia, I'm pretty sure my next vote will be for Matunas.

so without further ado
vote: MexicanBJ

Ronike

Smash Ace
Well, I sense food court mafia coming on all over again... You guys realize if we get this wrong, we'll be down to 3 people tomorrow. Now I'm not saying that Mexican isn't mafia, he prolly is, but the whole only three people makes me nervous, especially since I can tell I'll be in the same position as decider. So. Mexican, I'll give you til I get back from work (7) to convince me you aren't mafia, lest I'm hammering you.

Ronike

Smash Ace
You were on, and ignored me. Thus, you die.

Vote: Mexicanbj

Put him down Pooky

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Put him down Pooky
Yes, sir!

Vote Count [3/5 to lynch]
MexicanBJ (3): Matunas, Macman, Ronike
Not Voting (2): Rockin, MexicanBJ

The five remaining chefs bicker over who will be the next to eat from the cake.

"Who should it be? We're doing pretty well..."

"I think it should be one of these three, including myself, but not including MexicanBJ."

"Uh, I think it should be MexicanBJ."

"Me too."

"Get him, Pooky!"

"...what?"

MexicanBJ is pushed to the front of the group, but he refuses to go.

"You'll have to make me eat from that poisoned cake, suckers! Hahaha!" he screams as he fights back.

With all of their might, the four remaining chefs shove MexicanBJ towards the cake. He trips over his own big chef shoes, vaults over a table, and falls mouth-first into the cake. Scrumptious icing and glorious chocolate chip pudding fill his mouth.

"This cake... is so good!"

With his last breath, he curses the town.

MexicanBJ (mafia goon) has eaten from the cake!

Day 4 ends!

Tomafia 3 ends! The town wins!

Good job town! All roles will be posted shortly.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Way to go guys. And sorry omis?, I didn't want to lynch you, but I also didn't want the game to die. But that lynch is part of what won us the game.

No vets on the losing side.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Cool beans. Sorry omis?, you just really seemed mafia like. No hard feelings, aye?

I was a vanilla townie BTW.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Sent to MexicanBJ said:
You are a chef in the King’s court who is an undercover agent for the mafia. The mafia includes MexicanBJ and Stratford. You may communicate with each other through PM or AIM at any time. Every night, together with your partner you can choose someone to kill. Stratford will be the person to send me the night kill, and if they die, that power is passed down to MexicanBJ. You are mafia aligned and you win when it is mathematically impossible to lose any more mafia members (read: you control a stalemate or majority of the day votes).
Sent to junglefever6478 said:
You are a chef in the King’s court who is also trained as a doctor. Every night, you can choose someone other than yourself to protect; any attempts to kill that person will be blocked. You are town aligned and you win when the mafia is dead.
Sent to Matunas said:
You are a chef in the King’s court who is also trained as a nurse. You currently have no special powers, but if the doctor dies, you gain their ability to choose someone other than yourself to protect at night; any attempts to kill that person will be blocked. You are town aligned and you win when the mafia is dead.
Sent to Ronike said:
You are a simple chef in the King’s court. You have no special powers and no night actions; all you have is your wits and your vote. You are town aligned and you win when the mafia is dead.
1. Vanilla
2. Vanilla
3. Vanilla
4. Vanilla
5. Vanilla
6. Nurse
7. Doctor
8. Goon
9. Goon

After Tomafia 1 barely ended in a town win, and that game was 7 man, I decided to make a 9 man game. I added two more vanilla townies, replaced the cop with a nurse, and replaced the roleblocker with a goon. This game was based around the doctor, and was a fairly successful game. I would like to thank you all for playing!

The game ended up being town sided, and I will take that into consideration in my next game, but all in all it was fairly well balanced. I appreciate any input or criticism you all have.

Thank you again for playing and making this game a success. <3

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I would like to congratulate Matunas on a very well played game ;) This game ended up being fairly town sided, but that is most likely because he correctly doctor saved two nights in a row (the same person, Ronike, but still two nights).

Ronike

Smash Ace
Also take into consideration that we got a mafia day 1, so it was like there was almost always only 1 mafia.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Oh and sorry about the hammer vote on jungle guys. I was just so sure he was scum.
In the end it was a good thing. I became the doc and saved Ronike. So don't fret too hard. I was sure he was mafia too.

Top Bottom