• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Token Power Mafia 1.2 | Game Over - Town Win

Jackrito

Smash Ace
This is an assessment I can agree with.
UP really hasn't stood out much.
Besides their focus on D1 mechanics I really dont remember anything they have done.
FoS: UP
Since I'm not sure where votes currently stand.
I find this such a weird stance since UP in my view has stood out too much. Their whole mess of claiming one example

Jackrito

Smash Ace
What had I done to that point that made you feel I deserved a town read?
Your usually a little more hedgy so im curious why you were willing to have me on that side of null?
You are the only person I know here and I liked your approuch with raxx I think it was with the questions that read is diving atm off your burst of posts. It is so disconnected

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I find this such a weird stance since UP in my view has stood out too much. Their whole mess of claiming one example
Yeah, so how is the mere act of making a suggestion scummy? :confused:

If nobody wants to do it, I can't force them too. :(

The people who's arguments rely solely on my Motivator claim suggest look super sus from my perspective. :smirk:

I still am unsure who those people are, but I'll make a list of people to look into upon my town flip. :p

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
This is one of the most confusing games I've dealt with in a hot minute.

Okay,

so, we still have more than 24 hours left if I'm reading Osie's deadline right. 23:00 PST 23rd. Should basically be 2 AM EST 24th on my end.

So, why are we insanely eager to lynch Ex right now when this is a 7 player 2 scum setup, and while the tokens do allow some leniency for town, ultimately, we only have room for 1 mislynch if the stronger town token users don't play their cards right?

Tomorrow I'm voting for whoever hammers Ex if they don't flip scum.
I don't like the hammer bit, but the rest seems like a genuine town post.

Could be some LAMIST with the "Stop rushing with the Ex push", but I find it hard to think that's the case.

I'm comfortable with them as a town slot.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I don't like the hammer bit, but the rest seems like a genuine town post. :oneeye:

Could be some LAMIST with the "Stop rushing with the Ex push", but I find it hard to think that's the case. :reverse:

I'm comfortable with them as a town slot. :love:
That is also directed to Xivii Xivii who wanted to know why I liked this slot. :woman:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Yeah, the more that I think about it, the scummier UP's plan is. I think he was trying to make the tracker target the motivator so the tracker wouldn't be on him. It doesn't make sense for the tracker to be on them.

I'm fine with lynching UP or Raxxel.
Whyja gotta go off the deep end... :cry:

If you're town, think of this as a nudge. ;)

We'll see if I endorse your slot by the end of the day. Embarrass

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
That's all they have done tho...
So besides that they havent left any impression.
Like outside if their view on claiming I dont remember what they have done.
An early read list (think xivii was first tho)
You are the only person I know here and I liked your approuch with raxx I think it was with the questions that read is diving atm off your burst of posts. It is so disconnected
well I appreciate that.
I do feel a bit disconnected from the thread as I've been catching up i get pulled to the top of the thread.

edit: typo
So disconnected in what way may I ask?

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I wanna know what exactly you're liking about this post poy
No. :c

he messed up a town choreographed night kill that targeted him to clarify stuff and then asked for a lynch + hammered himself the day after while martyring himself for "helping town to reduce the PoE"
...okay. I just thought the description of that game was funny! You're not wrong :rotfl:

Jackrito

Smash Ace
As of now up and ex are where im willing to.lynch.
I need to look over jack, and Z25.
Z25 said they wanted more comments from me but never engaged with me which is something to look into.
Jack is just kind of there not leaving much impression.

I find my lack of impression on you weird since I gave my thoughts on everyone and even a semi case on UP and Xivii with Z25 also.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin whats with the role fishing and mechanics play? I’d like to here you actually explain yourself better
I really do think that the key to this game is going to be solid breadcrumbing. :smash:

In this game where everybody has a power role that are all initially listed, I think that this game is going to be rather easily mechanically solvable. :lick:

I hope you understand why I've been harking on it for a while. This is by no means my towniest game, but that's kind of what I'm aiming for. :estatic:

Should be revealed why tonight. ;)

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Yeah, so how is the mere act of making a suggestion scummy? :confused:

If nobody wants to do it, I can't force them too. :(

The people who's arguments rely solely on my Motivator claim suggest look super sus from my perspective. :smirk:

I still am unsure who those people are, but I'll make a list of people to look into upon my town flip. :p
I never said you were scummy here I was sort of defending you.

That aside though I gave my reasons for why that motivator thing is a terrible idea and scum motivation for it.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
That's all they have done tho...
So besides that they havent left any impression.
Like outside if their view on claiming I dont remember what they have done.
An early read list (think xivii was first tho)
well I appreciate that.
I do feel a bit disconnected from the thread as I've been catching up i get pulled to the top of the thread.

edit: typo
So disconnected in what way may I ask?
Mainly I disagree with you on so many things and normally we are semi on same page. I just feel like you are missing stuff that I would expect you not to. Explain to me this Exlight read again

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I never said you were scummy here I was sort of defending you.

That aside though I gave my reasons for why that motivator thing is a terrible idea and scum motivation for it.
Not in that post, no. :rolleyes:

Sure
vote: Utopianpoyzin

Seems like the person I have noticed the most with scum intent so a decent place to go.

Once I finish work today I will do this properly.
But isn't this your thought process just yesterday? Did something change, or... :confused:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I really do think that the key to this game is going to be solid breadcrumbing. :smash:

In this game where everybody has a power role that are all initially listed, I think that this game is going to be rather easily mechanically solvable. :lick:

I hope you understand why I've been harking on it for a while. This is by no means my towniest game, but that's kind of what I'm aiming for. :estatic:

Should be revealed why tonight. ;)
Atm it doesn’t look like your seeing tonight. If you were trying to set something up then I don’t know why you went about it the way you did. This is also assuming we can’t trust this statement. Which I’m not sold on tbh

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
I am still very confused. Exactly what "logic r3easons"? :confused:
My reason is that with all you have posted, outside of your mechanics talk, I really didn't remember much of what you did.
Last two games I caught mafia this way.
After catching up, looking at who left little to no impression on me, it was a mafia member.
I can link games (and maybe the exact posts) if needed.
They were pajama party mafia and token party mafia on Mafia Colosseum.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
I find my lack of impression on you weird since I gave my thoughts on everyone and even a semi case on UP and Xivii with Z25 also.
I missed some of your posts on page 5.
Which included your read list.
I'm going to have to read you in iso here soon.

Mainly I disagree with you on so many things and normally we are semi on same page. I just feel like you are missing stuff that I would expect you not to. Explain to me this Exlight read again
Can you give examples of what I may have missed you expected me not to?
I does seem to have missed a lot.
In the mean time I'm going to just go back read everything (if my internet allows) see ifninget a better feel.

That should have read Xi not Ex.
Sorry for the confusion on the names.
Xi read is from the push on me (which doesn't feel genuine), their role claiming/fishing, and the early mechanics discussions, and their vote jumping (which feels more like just trying to secure any lynch).

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
My reason is that with all you have posted, outside of your mechanics talk, I really didn't remember much of what you did.
I don't disagree. My town game has not been that hot so far. :urg:

Last two games I caught mafia this way.
After catching up, looking at who left little to no impression on me, it was a mafia member.
I can link games (and maybe the exact posts) if needed.
They were pajama party mafia and token party mafia on Mafia Colosseum.
Why would I think you're lying? I don't need the games, I believe you here. :)

If you knew what my role was, you'd know why I would be doing this. :upsidedown:

Recently in games I've just been placing my vote on people who I view to be "not-town". :oneeye:

Personally, I've said my piece. I do think that ExLight makes the most sense as the direction for today. :smash:

Their push on me feels sloppy at best, scummy at worst. I'm getting the vibe that despite what they say in this post: :redface:

last game we had more players
in this one we can't go around mislynching

I'm behaving similarly to my D2/D3 in Sorcerer, but with a more aggressive posture
That they're going to be more aggressive in this game, they are taking a surprisingly safe route by pushing me, a very agreeable lynch toDay. :tired:

I personally can't see my overall game being any scummier than orange, but a red on the rainbow list? I don't think I should be THAT low. :crying:

In addition, the post also holds a LAMIST reason for wanting to appear more serious and aggressive. :grrr:

Is this not an out for committing potentially scummy behavior and analysis? :dizzy:

My experience is that scum often sound the most rational, and are less likely to say scummy things because of the inherent self-consciousness. :eek:

I think this is a valid setup for scum to say "I'm putting on my super serious face so I might be playing different". :scared:

And playing different from one's usual town play leads me to believe that the slot is scum. :woman:

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Is there an iso feature here?
If not what is the best way to go about trying to iso here?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Poyzin
Raxxel
Xivii

Logic
Z25
ExLight

Jackrito
Poyzin
Raxxel
Xivii

Logic
Jackrito
Z25

ExLight

My last readslist was on Page 3! Page THREE! I REALLY have not had much of a recent presence, have I? :eek:

Here I just feel better about Jackrito because their thoughts process and posting style has remained consistent throughout the game. :)

Plus, they don't seem overly anxious to take advantage of town. :reverse:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Is there an iso feature here?
If not what is the best way to go about trying to iso here?
There is no ISO feature sadly :cry:

The search in the top right does the job though, if somewhat tedious. Just filter searches for posts by [player] in this thread. Embarrass

You can add multiple players to the search, or by keyword. That's all we have sadly. :ohwell:

ExLight

Smash Lord
That they're going to be more aggressive in this game, they are taking a surprisingly safe route by pushing me, a very agreeable lynch toDay. :tired:
aggressive doesn't mean irrational
I'm not going to lynch someone that has been acting and contributing as town over you

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Poyzin
Raxxel
Xivii

Logic
Jackrito
Z25

ExLight

My last readslist was on Page 3! Page THREE! I REALLY have not had much of a recent presence, have I? :eek:

Here I just feel better about Jackrito because their thoughts process and posting style has remained consistent throughout the game. :)

And yes, my feelings about town have remained relatively static throughout the game. :dizzy:

I don't want to want to give people the benefit of the doubt if I'm not sure how to read their slot. :scared:

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Why would I think you're lying? I don't need the games, I believe you here. :)

If you knew what my role was, you'd know why I would be doing this. :upsidedown:

Recently in games I've just been placing my vote on people who I view to be "not-town". :oneeye:

Personally, I've said my piece. I do think that ExLight makes the most sense as the direction for today. :smash:

Their push on me feels sloppy at best, scummy at worst. I'm getting the vibe that despite what they say in this post: :redface:

I personally can't see my overall game being any scummier than orange, but a red on the rainbow list? I don't think I should be THAT low. :crying:

In addition, the post also holds a LAMIST reason for wanting to appear more serious and aggressive. :grrr:

Is this not an out for committing potentially scummy behavior and analysis? :dizzy:

My experience is that scum often sound the most rational, and are less likely to say scummy things because of the inherent self-consciousness. :eek:

I think this is a valid setup for scum to say "I'm putting on my super serious face so I might be playing different". :scared:

And playing different from one's usual town play leads me to believe that the slot is scum. :woman:
Idk, never said you wouldn't/didnt believe me. Some people just like to see things for themselves rather than be told.

Maybe, but I don't....so..... *shrugs*

I mixed up ex and xi so I am going to really pay attention to them as I reread things. Ex feels pretty town in the early pages, they stayed fairly on task and focused through the claiming and role fishing that was happening. Ex vs. Xi wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be t/s

I am.in the opposite boat. With what unproduced early I am actually surprised to have such little focus on me. So maybe there is something to what you're saying?

What does LAMIST mean? I have seen the term used here seceral times but im not accustomed to it.

Thank you for laying out your read on Ex for me. Inwill take it into consideration as I read ex and xi. One thing that i do as and noticed on MC as well, is that people usually switch meta/style as town more than as mafia. The reason I have come to is that as mafia you try to play within your town meta while as town you're trying to solve the game and are lwas aware. This isnt in every case ofc but in general.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I've got like 4 forum games under my belt. I have done a decent amount of irl mafia but I don't count it since the structure is very different.

I enjoy analyzing people's posts and getting a read on them.

I don't enjoy being scum that much since the analysis part gets absolutely shot in the water then. ISOing as scum is especially tedious.

Vote Z25

His nickname is Z and Z is the last letter in the alphabet so I think we should kill him first.

Jackrito Jackrito LogicoftheVI LogicoftheVI You are both new to me. If the breadbaker handed you a loaf, how many nights would you wait to eat it, if at all?
UP, everyone wants everyone else to think they're the breadbaker.
Well, let's see here.

First one, Jungle Mafia. HOO BOY LMAO. I was vanilla town here. To give a sense of how I feel about it, within my first few posts I pulled the "Vote for me if you want, you'll regret it later." Despite this, I somehow made it to MYLO... and proceeded to immediately vote without discussion and caused us to lose the game. I am not fond of my performance here, naturally. Still, I learned a lot as I went along.

Videogame Mafia. I was scum. The only forum game I've won. I did better here, but honestly I definitely think I got lucky. Xivii and UP both made for good teammates that kept me from getting lynched day 2, and there were some occurances in general that were ultimately beneficial to scum. Also Pythag absolutely overthought his vote.

Werewolf Mafia. I was scum. I am honestly, despite the fact that I lost, proud of this game. The only thing is that I wasn't proactive enough, and my hesitance to bus was my downfall ultimately. But I was damn good at faking analysis. Z made for a really fun teammate as well, even though he himself sadly sealed his own doom because Xivii made a bluff that caused him to out himself. He and I both learned valuable lessons, lmao.

Flavorless Mafia. I was town. This game is still going, so I sadly can't say much. My time itself is up there, I got killed night 1. I think I was REALLY good at asking questions and being proactive in general. While I can't go into detail, Ran still did have notes for me afterwards as to what I could do better. Which I'll definitely keep in mind this game.

That's the upside to being scum, definitely. There is a catharsis from seeing manipulation pay off.
I really believe that these are all town responses. All wholesome, and really do be giving me good vibes. :shades:

We got a nice mix of self-reflective thought, cheerful outlook, and fair questions to ask to unknown players. :b:

I'd say that scum like to "get down to business" out of the gate to appear town, but his comments make me feel that Raxxel KNOWS he's town. :colorful:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
How was the bread question of any value? And how does his opening differ from sorcerers? I don't think his opening is distinguishable from there.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Lore's name is red, therefor he is scum.

Vote: Lore

Coming in with only the hottest scum analysis this time around.
The RVS vote might be same-y but I think I liked the initial bit. :upsidedown:

While the bread baker didn't add any value to ME, it was a good opener for a RQS and something that I never would've thought to ask. :idea:

You can try asking him why he asked the bread question. I'm not because I'm not too worried about it anymore. Embarrass

In hindsight my town read may have been a bit hasty, but I feel better about it now. :)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Poyzin
Raxxel
Xivii

Logic
Jackrito
Z25

ExLight

So how in five pages do only two slots change in your reads? There’s been a lot of content and I don’t know why you would update it if there’s only a slight change.
How was the bread question of any value? And how does his opening differ from sorcerers? I don't think his opening is distinguishable from there.
I was about to point the same thing out. That bread quote doesn’t help or hurt Rax, so why quote it.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
So how in five pages do only two slots change in your reads? There’s been a lot of content and I don’t know why you would update it if there’s only a slight change.
I'm surprised too that there weren't more drastic changes myself. :estatic:

However, I wanted to make sure that it was clear right now that those were what my current opinions were. :)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
With the phase almost over, I’m voting:

Vote: Utopian

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Is that hammer? Is nobody interested in what my role is? This vote is sketchy as HECC :crying:
Sketchy? We already established today I was voting you.

It’s not sketchy when there’s pretty good reason. You acted completely anti town, tried to bait prs out and you tried to get roles to lead trails behind them. Something that is very scummy.

Your explanations never helped either and the emojii spam feels very out of place as if you thought it would help people view you differently.

So I don’t see how you can think voting for you is scummy

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Oh, I'm only at L-1. Fricc, I didn't want it to come to this. I TRUSTED you all to make the right decision, but here we are. :(

I've breadcrumbed so hard that I've basically breadloafed at this point. There isn't any reason for me not to claim at this point... :urg:

But to hecc with it, I'm not letting scum knock me out D1. You'll at least need the night for that. :crying:

I'm the doctor. I'm sorry that it had to be revealed this way, but it sucks to suck I guess. :cry:

I'll find some relevant quotes but I wanted to Xivii Xivii so that you can remove your vote so I'm at least NK bait. :facepalm:

Relevant quotes to come. :glare:

Top Bottom