• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Token Power Mafia 1.2 | Game Over - Town Win

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
So if mafia receive the motivator token, they are a RB instead. If town receives it, they are a motivator.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Is there a post I missed In this thread? Because I looked earlier when weighing who I would put my vote in for more, and didn’t see a claim that said it was only one alignment not either.

As I said though, doesn’t matter as much. If Utopian is scum, we would still have a night kill regardless of who we lynch first. So Utopian could still be looked at tomorrow as well, was my main point there
we discussed this a bit earlier and was part of UP reason for the motivator to claim which I thought you read so not knowing this bothers me. They can't be a motivator if scum have a RB because they are the same token but 2 different sides of the same coin. It is also shown in the role setup which I would think town would read?

ExLight

Smash Lord
Their tone started similarly here, however they slowly got angrier with Zen over his actions. Meanwhile I don’t recall seeing a bad reaction from them when he did this last game as opposed to how they reacted this one. Almost feels as if they think Zen may risk their role being known like he did to me that game.
last game we had more players
in this one we can't go around mislynching

I'm behaving similarly to my D2/D3 in Sorcerer, but with a more aggressive posture

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Like I said I'm not voting Exlight, but will read that game to see if it changes my view.

ExLight

Smash Lord
well, if I'm at risk of getting hammered I might as well make a rainbow list asap

Jackrito

Smash Ace

I'm behaving similarly to my D2/D3 in Sorcerer, but with a more aggressive posture

Out of interest how much mafia have you played?. Since people said you were new in the sorcerer game.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I just completed one year of playing mafia last week
Ok so not that new, thanks that affects my read a bit. If you were new a difference in meta would be more obv after a year though most players pick up how to make it harder to tell. So the accusations are hard to believe and your refuttals to them and it changing on game size make sense.

ExLight

Smash Lord
ExLight
Raxx

Jackrito
Xivii
Z25
LogicoftheVI

UtopianPoyzin

if anyone from the greens hammers me without discussing properly first this might change a bit but I might not be around to point that out

Jackrito

Smash Ace
ExLight
Raxx

Jackrito
Xivii
Z25
LogicoftheVI

UtopianPoyzin

if anyone from the greens hammers me without discussing properly first this might change a bit but I might not be around to point that out

A bit shocked you have Logic so low his activity has being so low he is way more middle for me. I get how that can be seen as scum though, I semi agree with rest though well apart from xivii

ExLight

Smash Lord
Logic is low because of a few reasons
I asked for more details about his meta, which he didn't provide (instead he just gave me more Jack meta as if trying to shift the spotlight); he didn't comment on the Exlight vs UP and ExLight vs Xivii; and he isn't really taking sides which is just too safe

If anything I feel like he's distancing Xivii a bit as if to prepare in case they got lynched last minute, which smells like scum would do
that's also why Xivii is above him

ExLight

Smash Lord
Raxx is just greenie because I feel like they've been playing when more townier than last game
It's just a null-town smh, that's why him and Jack are lime, it's nothing solid, not a hard green or anything

ExLight

Smash Lord
he didn't comment on your tunneling/fake claims nonsense, and the only time he mentioned you was to agree with jack about the massclaim

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I see. I thought the same. My interpretation is that I'm simply correct on you and he wasn't sure how to weigh in without becoming associated.

ExLight

Smash Lord
My interpretation is that I'm simply correct on you
you aren't
I'd appreciate if you helped me find the truth and scrapped out your preconceptions for now

If you feel he was distancing me why am I above Z25?
I think I worded it poorly
him actively distancing you doesn't necessairly mean you're scumbuds

I think he might be distancing town you because they intended to shift the lynch back at you last minute somehow, and this possibility makes you slightly better than Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

This is a good defense, I might have to re evaluate things.

Question though. You hard scum read Utopian, for fair reason.

Im curious though, what would you think if he flipped town?

ExLight

Smash Lord
Alright that gave me a good laugh.

Still, any idea on why town Utopian would think that way, or would he just be being random to you?
he seems really unstable and seems to enjoy trying different playstyles more than manipulating/solving the game

but most of the times I've seen him doing that were him trying to find a more consistent scum style because he was getting frustrated of rolling scum + dying early on so much

I played only one game with Town UP and in it he messed up a town choreographed night kill that targeted him to clarify stuff and then asked for a lynch + hammered himself the day after while martyring himself for "helping town to reduce the PoE"
so my knowledge about his town meta is really limited because I don't know if he always plays like that and just got unlucky or if that was just another one of his personas

ExLight

Smash Lord
uh idk if I answered it

I personally think it might be him trying to mess around as scum based on my experience with him
But it might be town poy being stupid, which I don't have experience with, so it seems less likely

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
he seems really unstable and seems to enjoy trying different playstyles more than manipulating/solving the game

but most of the times I've seen him doing that were him trying to find a more consistent scum style because he was getting frustrated of rolling scum + dying early on so much

I played only one game with Town UP and in it he messed up a town choreographed night kill that targeted him to clarify stuff and then asked for a lynch + hammered himself the day after while martyring himself for "helping town to reduce the PoE"
so my knowledge about his town meta is really limited because I don't know if he always plays like that and just got unlucky or if that was just another one of his personas
Its been awhile since he’s been town. His styles kinda of blend together though as that’s just what he’s had to do. I might go re read a town game of his if I get a chance.

I want to see what he says though as well.

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin whats with the role fishing and mechanics play? I’d like to here you actually explain yourself better

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
This is one of the most confusing games I've dealt with in a hot minute.

Okay,

so, we still have more than 24 hours left if I'm reading Osie's deadline right. 23:00 PST 23rd. Should basically be 2 AM EST 24th on my end.

So, why are we insanely eager to lynch Ex right now when this is a 7 player 2 scum setup, and while the tokens do allow some leniency for town, ultimately, we only have room for 1 mislynch if the stronger town token users don't play their cards right?

Tomorrow I'm voting for whoever hammers Ex if they don't flip scum.

ExLight

Smash Lord
I don't think I'm at hammer range anymore since Xivii unvoted me
I'd expect a bit more of pro-activity from you tho

do you think I'm scum? and if so, why?
who are the scumteams you would consider based on the actual interactions (or lack of)?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

Okay,

so, we still have more than 24 hours left if I'm reading Osie's deadline right. 23:00 PST 23rd. Should basically be 2 AM EST 24th on my end.

So, why are we insanely eager to lynch Ex right now when this is a 7 player 2 scum setup, and while the tokens do allow some leniency for town, ultimately, we only have room for 1 mislynch if the stronger town token users don't play their cards right?

What makes you think we're lynching Ex? Why did you ask me and Z25 about each other?

ExLight

Smash Lord

I wanna know what exactly you're liking about this post poy

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Caught up. Serious reads now are Raxxel and Logic.

Jackrito Jackrito what makes you think scum have a safe claim? Was this in the OP or is it a TMI slip. You said the game you played in before had all the roles set, so it wouldn't have been the case there.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
ExLight
I think Exlight annoyance is real and I don't blame them with all the baiting off Xivii this game, I also like their approuch to me and I feel like they are trying to actually solve the game their approuch to me is perhaps a pocket attempt but feels real
I fully agree with this.

Jack
I like his read post and his voice. The only concerning this is the potential knowledge slip regarding scum having a safe claim.

Z25
Same. I like his voice. It's natural. I also think it makes sense for Jack to think otherwise as that's usually how people interpret Z.

Up
That motivator strategy is the worst. It's obvious that it only benefits mafia. And his reaction to people finding it suspicious is also grimy. The only thing about this is that I think he could be Doc and thus had a different perspective on Motivator claiming since he knew he could protect him without being role blocked. This also why he asked me about the tracker claim because then the strongman also wouldn't be able to go through his protection. However, I also think this plan could come from Redirector!Up so I'm not willing to town read it. It's such a suspicious thing to do even as Doc, especially telling the Motivator to crumb their role. Also the fact that UP is being so open about it makes me think that he is more likely to be the Redirector than Doc because he's not concerned mafia will kill him.

Logic
I don't like how he hasn't commented on anything fruitful. As Ex said it seemed like he deliberately avoided touching me vs Ex and UPs stuff.

Raxxel

Okay,

This was such a scummy pop-in. He ignores the questions directed at him and it looks like he, knows Ex will flip town and is positioning himself for it.

Vote: Raxxel

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Yeah, the more that I think about it, the scummier UP's plan is. I think he was trying to make the tracker target the motivator so the tracker wouldn't be on him. It doesn't make sense for the tracker to be on them.

I'm fine with lynching UP or Raxxel.

Top Bottom