• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Token Power Mafia 1.2 | Game Over - Town Win

Jackrito

Smash Ace
You can see me saying I'm scummy in general is a scum tell all you want. It is more just me being honest about things. Also I see no need to appear town early game because early game is the most unproductive part of the game the time of the memes which I have no time for. Scum read me for that I don't care I'm used to it.

ExLight

Smash Lord
You can see me saying I'm scummy in general is a scum tell all you want. It is more just me being honest about things. Also I see no need to appear town early game because early game is the most unproductive part of the game the time of the memes which I have no time for. Scum read me for that I don't care I'm used to it.
hi does anyone ping you in anyway
and I posted a cool high res avatar for you if you want

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
is that a strongman claim
I'd like to think that I'm better than what you portray me to be... :cry:

I even told you that I wasn't trying to CC the tracker claim. :mad:

I'm just dabbling with some role logistics, as I mentioned before. To see who I think the tracker should target. :reverse:

And, if there's a tracker claim, that means there can't be a Strongman. If Xivii claims Doctor, there can't be a Redirector! :awesome:

I can't give away any more details because I don't want my brain thinks to become public yet... :teeth:

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Pros/Cons of mass claiming? I'll leave that to the mechanically inclined. I'm initially for it I think.
Mass claiming won't help much since scum can just claim the town version of their role. All it does is let scum know which of us need to die first. Only pro would be we can possibly plan around role usage but the cons out weight it by a lot.

ExLight

Smash Lord
I even told you that I wasn't trying to CC the tracker claim. :mad:
I mean if you're claiming strongman you wouldn't be lying

Pros/Cons of mass claiming? I'll leave that to the mechanically inclined. I'm initially for it I think.
scum will prolly just claim their town counterparts tbf
I don't really see how this is useful in anyway while we don't have a way to prove our roles

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
#103 I think at this point all three of Z25, Raxxel, and UP should be able to tell that you're playing differently than you did as town. Serious. Aggressive. Polished as opposed to lighthearted and free-flowing.
Honestly you both are raising eyebrows with me atm.

Ex was definitely a lot different in the game I just played with him, but he also really relied on funnier and vice versa in that for reactions and behavior. So a game without funnier could be totally different in my point of view for Ex regardless of their alignment. I’m going to have to weigh that behavior a lot more and see how I feel though.

And honestly I can’t believe your doing random claiming again this time. Lying about results could have easily cost you the win last game. and while I wouldn’t say it’s scummy, I already mentioned last time I really think that’s a bad strategy if town. All it takes is for another shiny or mambo to slip up and then town has an ousted power role day one that scum will absolutely target.

Luckily that didn’t really happen here except for whatever Utopian is getting at. However that doesn’t make your play right as it could have blown up for town in the wrong circumstance this game.

So to be honest I’m kinda of agree with both of your opinions but disagree with others

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m actually more curious right now on UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin . What are you getting at? You seem to be slipping in whatever your trying to hide and I feel that could be bad no matter who way you look at it. If your town and scum believe you have something good up your sleeve. Your probably going to be in trouble. If your scum then continuously hiding information doesn’t look good.

Id like a little more from your slot as I’m somewhat concerned at what the possible outcomes are here unless I’m misinterpreting your actions.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I'm also alright with claiming (not right now), but with modification. Such as I don't think that everybody should claim, but I think certain roles should. :dizzy:

*wags tail*
I want to unread that. :glare:

I’m actually more curious right now on UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin . What are you getting at? You seem to be slipping in whatever your trying to hide and I feel that could be bad no matter who way you look at it. If your town and scum believe you have something good up your sleeve. Your probably going to be in trouble. If your scum then continuously hiding information doesn’t look good.

Id like a little more from your slot as I’m somewhat concerned at what the possible outcomes are here unless I’m misinterpreting your actions.
I'm trying to breadcrumb the fact that I'm doing some thinks right now. But I guess there isn't any point in continuously announcing that. :upsidedown:

I was debating whether I though the Motivator should claim, and I think they should. Here's why. :smash:

In my opinion, the Motivator is by far the swingiest role for town, and the mafia counterpart do be very bad for town PRs. :surprised:

And plus, the Motivator is also a friendly neighbor by the definition of the role. We just need to ask who was motivated, if anybody was. Right? :confused:

And if a Motivator appears, then we can rule out the possibility of a Roleblocker and the nonsense that would cause. :awesome:

It's not something that I wanted to admit to thinking about, but it's the truth. :ohwell:

The Motivator could be potentially just as helpful to scum as it is to town, while a Roleblocker would only be detrimental to town. :crying:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

And then a tracker could check to make sure that they targeted the person they said they would. :b:

Because if not, then the Roleblocker could RB someone and say they motivated a scummate, and have them agree that they received the motivation. :grin:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
And then a tracker could check to make sure that they targeted the person they said they would. :b:

Because if not, then the Roleblocker could RB someone and say they motivated a scummate, and have them agree that they received the motivation. :grin:
If they motivate town then they're basically town!conf. If they motivate scum then it becomes a deadlock and either the Motivator or the target is mafia. :lick:

ExLight

Smash Lord
I was debating whether I though the Motivator should claim, and I think they should. Here's why. :smash:

In my opinion, the Motivator is by far the swingiest role for town, and the mafia counterpart do be very bad for town PRs. :surprised:

And plus, the Motivator is also a friendly neighbor by the definition of the role. We just need to ask who was motivated, if anybody was. Right? :confused:

And if a Motivator appears, then we can rule out the possibility of a Roleblocker and the nonsense that would cause. :awesome:

It's not something that I wanted to admit to thinking about, but it's the truth. :ohwell:

The Motivator could be potentially just as helpful to scum as it is to town, while a Roleblocker would only be detrimental to town. :crying:
The motivator doesn't have to use their role to prove their claim tho
if anyone gets clearly roleblocked during the night we know that the motivator claim can be instantly cleared

even if they claimed, so what? would you just ask them to not use their role or lynch them?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
The motivator doesn't have to use their role to prove their claim tho
But they should! If they target a town, then they are mechanically confirmed if the town confesses! :grin:

if anyone gets clearly roleblocked during the night we know that the motivator claim can be instantly cleared
If anybody gets roleblocked than the Motivator claim looks instantly suspicious and should probably be lynched. :rotfl:

even if they claimed, so what? would you just ask them to not use their role or lynch them?
No! They should continue to play the game like normal, and they probably won't be NK'ed because it isn't as useful to town as a Tracker or Doctor. :lol:

ExLight

Smash Lord
But they should! If they target a town, then they are mechanically confirmed if the town confesses! :grin:
then why do you want them to claim D1?
getting a role that can potentially become town confd killed this early on will only drive us to dead ends

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Votecount 1.2

Toking taken token toucan toe can to can Tekken ticking. Tuck in!
ExLight (1) - Xivii
Jackrito (1) - UtopianPoyzin
Raxxel (1) - LogicoftheVI
Xivii (1) - ExLight
Z25 (1) - Raxxel

Not voting: Jackrito, Z25

Last edited:

ExLight

Smash Lord
They won’t be town confirmed until D2, and the role isn’t terribly beneficial in my opinion :p
If they claim D1 and get their actions messed up with they might not only never get confirmed, but also give scum's fake claims some credit

I think I feel better about lynching you over this ambiguous crazy plan than Xivii's stupid tunneling

Unvote
Vote: UtopianPoyzin

Jackrito Jackrito hi you seem to be kinda ignoring me
why are you avoiding eye contact like a kouhai next to their senpai
talk to me about anything willya

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Unvote
If they claim D1 and get their actions messed up with they might not only never get confirmed, but also give scum's fake claims some credit
I don’t comment on votes but I don’t see how my plan that might not even happen is worth a vote on me :dizzy:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don’t comment on votes but I don’t see how my plan that might not even happen is worth a vote on me :dizzy:
Your last few posts have been really odd compared to your usual content. Going on about all the roles in the game, suggesting quick lynching people home or not.

I still don’t understand what you hope to accomplish here

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Your last few posts have been really odd compared to your usual content.
I don't know what you mean? :psycho:

I don't want to derail the thread any further with mechanics talk. Scum could do the same thing as what I'm doing right now. :urg:

I like ExLight and Jackrito as potential directions for today. :b:

ExLight

Smash Lord
Why not comment on them?
and just because we won't put your nonsensical plan in motion doesn't mean it can't be a red flag

Your last few posts have been really odd compared to your usual content.
he seems to take a new persona every game, I don't think this means much

I don't want to derail the thread any further with mechanics talk. Scum could do the same thing as what I'm doing right now. :urg:
backing off now that **** started going south huh

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Why not comment on them?
Because commenting when people vote for me usually is a load of WIFOM :glare:

and just because we won't put your nonsensical plan in motion doesn't mean it can't be a red flag
B-but... b-but... why do you have to beTRAY me? :cry:

Not at all. I just personally believe that the Motivator should claim now. Could you give me an example of how it could fail? :confused:

And I don't want to dwell on it because I've already said my piece and can let the room determine whether it's a good idea. :ohwell:

I would rather stick on topic. Who do you look at when I flip town? :(

ExLight

Smash Lord
Not at all. I just personally believe that the Motivator should claim now. Could you give me an example of how it could fail? :confused:
mafia redirecting or stealing their token to get the motivator shot is a pretty good example of it

I would rather stick on topic. Who do you look at when I flip town? :(
idk, people don't seem to be interacting much with each other

I might poke whoever stays on their RVS vote the entire phase or tries to mess the lynch during EoD

and I guess I'd focus on trying to prove I'm town somehow since I'd prolly be the one that would be scumread if you flipping green happens

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why not comment on them?

he seems to take a new persona every game, I don't think this means much

I don’t either, I was just got very lost in that mechanics talks tbh. Was a lot to take in.

Jackrito

Smash Ace

I think I feel better about lynching you over this ambiguous crazy plan than Xivii's stupid tunneling

Unvote

Jackrito Jackrito hi you seem to be kinda ignoring me
why are you avoiding eye contact like a kouhai next to their senpai
talk to me about anything willya
I'm not sure what you want me to say and why me specifically I gave my view on the mass claim and why it was a bad idea. I would be semi down with a Up vote as well because his approach to this only benefits scum. I feel like as they say though this could be too scummy to be scum, but not sure.

Its hard to take a real stance on most people though since activity by most has being low and we all seem to be stuck in RVS stage to a degree as well, I'm currently making my notes on everything so far but not got much.

ExLight

Smash Lord
I'm not sure what you want me to say and why me specifically
idk, I don't really want you to talk about anything in particular I just feel like you've been avoiding me specifically for some reason

Jackrito Jackrito LogicoftheVI LogicoftheVI
we haven't played together before right
maybe some meta introduction might boost up today's activity

how would you describe your playstyle and what do you think of your latest performances

Jackrito

Smash Ace
idk, I don't really want you to talk about anything in particular I just feel like you've been avoiding me specifically for some reason

Jackrito Jackrito LogicoftheVI LogicoftheVI
we haven't played together before right
maybe some meta introduction might boost up today's activity

how would you describe your playstyle and what do you think of your latest performances
I would say my play style differs from game to game mostly depending on my motivation and other factors. Overall though I prefer to play scum and find that more fun. I like to control the game state and come up with ideas and plans to help my team to victory, I have a lot more confidence as scum, because I find it easier to make up reads based off how I would read the game as town. As said before my love for scum over my 5 years of playing has led to issues where I just have a scummy style as neutral now.

On the town side of things I'm not as good but something that I have being working on a lot over the last year. I would say that I'm more of the analyst type who gets better the longer the game goes because I can use all the info in my cases against others. I also like to use game mechanics to my adv something that came from my scum play. A common complaint of my play though is that I'm too hedgey early and dont commit to reads, this comes from a mix of paranoia in people actions and doubt in my own ability.

My recent performances have being me doing better as town including winning my last game which was token as well, my scum play recently has had a lot of losses. Overall I have being disappointed in my play recently though

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
This is pure gut read right now, but UP has been very, very strange this game, as has Xivii. The way Xivii pressures imo is weird right now, as it feels like they go all in one moment, and then that dissipates within the next without much reason.
It was obvious that my claims weren't serious. I was poking at the expressed concern with role fishing by logic.

Your reaction simply isn't genuine. You're reacting in a way that you think town should react but not how they actually do.
You went from this hard read on ExLight's mindset and supposed contradiction in typicql playstyle (with the only thing you base this claim on being one other game you've played with them. I agree if you believe player meta doesn't justify scum-indicative behavior, however you're going in on Ex for playing more seriously based on a one game player meta, which is absurd.)
I thought the same thing! Good Exy.
To... basically letting all of this hard pressure you had on them go.

Vote: Xivii

I'm by no means ruling out a scum Ex but I don't like Xivii's approach to this game right now.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
This is pure gut read right now, but UP has been very, very strange this game, as has Xivii.
I don’t knows what you mean... :crying:

In other news I suppose my Jackrito vote is not the best right now as they’re becoming more null for me. :facepalm:

I have no doubt it will strengthen over time. Not enough information right now. :urg:

Perhaps I should vote ExLight? :idea:

Vote: ExLight

Top Bottom