• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Token Power Mafia 1.2 | Game Over - Town Win

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
osieorb18 osieorb18 your op says you have the right to rewrite the rules, so can we please not have votes locked in Lylo? That’s a rough rule set for everyone imo

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Actually with those early votes it does not matter what I do here, unless I really want to trust Logic and Z25 over my town read and someone who got communed.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Vote: Z25

I just can't see my self voting anything but this so why waste time. If I lose I lose.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Just got off work headed home.
I'm town
I guess Jack is confirmed motivator unless there is some weird s/s **** going on between Jack and rax?
That leaves Z25/Xivii/Rax
Rax was my strongest town read D1, so that team with jack, while.plausible seems very unlikely.
Rax voting for Z25 while taking issue with me make me back off that strong town read.
Their reason for clearing themselves was pretty flawed as well.
Xivii and Rax voting together so quickly leads me to believe that they could be scum together given the other information we have.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Vote: Z25

I just can't see my self voting anything but this so why waste time. If I lose I lose.
Oh man....I hope this doesn't turn out bad for us.
I was really hoping for an third straight town win in this token setup.
If he flips scum then xi or rax was hard bussing an i don't know why.
If he flips town then its gg mafia.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Final Day 2 Votecount

Z25 (3) - Xivii, Raxxel, Jackrito

Not voting: LogicoftheVI, Z25

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Night 2 Start

Z25 has been lynched. They were... Mafia.

DO NOT POST IN THE THREAD DURING THE NIGHT PHASE.

Night 2 Actions are due within about 24 hours, then Day 3 will start about 24 plus or minus some number of hours later.

Last edited:

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Day 3 Start

Xivii has died. They were... Town Messenger.

It is now LyLO. Votes will be locked when made.

Day 3 Lynch Deadline will be 2100 PST on Thursday, April 2nd.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
This should be a easy win, but I hate being the tiebreaker in last 3 situations. Most likely I vote Logic today but want to do my due diligence and check game again first.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
It boils down to your vote, Jack.

Vote: Logic

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Ok I reread the whole game the lack of interactions better z25 and Logic is telling. also how Z25 said that xavii claimed logic's role to him this bothers me because this is how the scum team tried to get me mislynched in my game with Logic. I'm also willing to trust the dead town members who all town read Raxxel more and he has being in my top 2 town all game. He also proved my claim of motivator he could easily of lied and not gave me an albli and saved z25.

I can also take losing to a scum Raxxel since they played a good game, Logic on the other hand has being disconnected and his scum reads never made sense to me.

vote: Logic

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Thinking it over, I realized that this is not as obvious for you right now as it is for me. You're verified town because you have a town specific role, so I know Logic is the other scum. However, you don't know for sure that I'm town, and while the events of night 1 point towards scum Logic, there is one possibility that I know is pervading your mind right now. There is nothing actually proving I ever used my night action to give bread. You only have Z's word and mine. And we already know the former's means nothing now. There is the possibility that I, while indeed holding the breadbaker token, did nothing with it, and simply killed while Z commutized Xivii. This would cover every angle of day 2, since I would know of Xivii being commutized without ever attempting to give them anything because of Z as my scummate, Z would just lie on my behalf about the receiving bread, and I (think? judging by the notif saying used or unused that I have an extra charge for the night) would still know of the motivator's existence. While the evidence pointing towards this is circumstantial, the possibility of a Raxxel Z team exists, as opposed to a Xivii Z team or a Jack Z team. I think Logic knows of this exact possibility, which is why he didn't kill me. Now, if I were to guess as to why Xivii died over you, it would be that Xivii, in this game in particular, was a lot more headstrong and confident in their reads than you. They probably would have immediately voted for Logic and have been done with it.

I think what still makes me confident you'll vote Logic is his day 2. I think day 2, he truly shot himself in the foot. He was quite obviously hesitant to vote for Z, he made that tracker claim that, mind you, I immediately reacted to with a Z scumread without so much as giving the idea of Logic Xivii being-

oh and you voted.

Good choice, I'm town, thank god lmao.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Ok I reread the whole game the lack of interactions better z25 and Logic is telling. also how Z25 said that xavii claimed logic's role to him this bothers me because this is how the scum team tried to get me mislynched in my game with Logic. I'm also willing to trust the dead town members who all town read Raxxel more and he has being in my top 2 town all game. He also proved my claim of motivator he could easily of lied and not gave me an albli and saved z25.

I can also take losing to a scum Raxxel since they played a good game, Logic on the other hand has being disconnected and his scum reads never made sense to me.

vote: Logic
My old scum tell gives me away once again.
I need to work on my interactions with my buddies.
I wonder if a better claim would have secured us a win?
Good game town you guys played damn well.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Final Day 3 Votecount

LogicoftheVI (2) - Raxxel, Jackrito

Not voting: LogicoftheVI

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Game Over - Town Win

LogicoftheVI has been lynched. He was... Mafia.

The Mafia has been eliminated. Town have won the game.

Jackrito - Motivator(Town)
Xivii - Messenger
ExLight - Watcher(Town)
Raxxel - Bread Baker
UtopianPoyzin - Doctor(Town)

Z25 - Commuterizer
LogicoftheVI - Ninja(Mafia)

Fake Claim: Tracker(Town)

Congratulations, Town.

I think that upping the Jailkeeper to a Commuterizer was a good choice. Not sure on that one, but probably. I think that the XyLO lynch lock is good because it punishes bad town play.

Jackrito Jackrito Xivii Xivii ExLight ExLight Raxxel Raxxel UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Z25 Z25 LogicoftheVI LogicoftheVI

Thanks to everyone for playing, and I hope I'll see you around!

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Oh and I wanted to mention:

I'm sorry about any delays in phase changes/votecounts. I was much less active than I wanted to be due to IRL constraints. This is not usual for me as a host, towards which anyone familiar with me can attest.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
My vote for town MVP is Raxxel Raxxel .
You were clearly town and hard for me to push.
In the end you soved the game based on my horrid claim.

I know where I need to improve my scum game and still failed to do so here.
Z25 Z25 I apologize again for botching that claim. I really should have just went with ExLight targetting anyone.

I had fun playing with you.
I do wish i would have had more time for the game D1.
I never really got my footing here.
Great job town you all did very well.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
GG everyone! Pretty damn happy with how I did this time, though a little bit more activity day 1 on my end would have avoided some complications (avoiding a scumread by Xivii for example).

It's the first time I've played on a token setup! I thought 2 scum 5 town would be lopsided in scum's favor, but I think I get the setup now, and I kinda love it. I think night phases are way more interesting this way and still have everyone involved, as opposed to vanilla towns just sitting around waiting to know if they were lynched. The aftermath of the night was also exciting, it felt like I was putting together the pieces of a crime scene.

I'll have more to say for individual players, this is just my general thoughts at the moment. Very fun overall!

osieorb18

Smash Ace
GG everyone! Pretty damn happy with how I did this time, though a little bit more activity day 1 on my end would have avoided some complications (avoiding a scumread by Xivii for example).

It's the first time I've played on a token setup! I thought 2 scum 5 town would be lopsided in scum's favor, but I think I get the setup now, and I kinda love it. I think night phases are way more interesting this way and still have everyone involved, as opposed to vanilla towns just sitting around waiting to know if they were lynched. The aftermath of the night was also exciting, it felt like I was putting together the pieces of a crime scene.

I'll have more to say for individual players, this is just my general thoughts at the moment. Very fun overall!
5/2 is actually my standard for small setups. It usually works out. The Token series (albeit a bit less so this one, which is the first setup) is a bit more swingy. Jack and Logic had played in the fourth setup in the series and I believe that Logic might have played in the second at some point in time. The third is really mostly just an improvement on the second.

The format is pretty simple, but took some tweaking to get correct. The standard format is a 7 player role madness micro with 5 slash tokens and 3 single tokens. The slash tokens usually include mostly roles that explicitly counteract each other. The roles that counteract each other are never on the same slash token, and therefore can actually exist at the same time. I also specifically had liked having 2 of the roles be relatively low power outside of being very role-claimable. I am shying away from this a little more because of the potential for the weak rands.

I think that all in all it was a success and I will probably try to run something else here as seems fitting. I do have more time on my hands nowadays, though not for lack of trying.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My vote for town MVP is Raxxel Raxxel .
You were clearly town and hard for me to push.
In the end you soved the game based on my horrid claim.

I know where I need to improve my scum game and still failed to do so here.
Z25 Z25 I apologize again for botching that claim. I really should have just went with ExLight targetting anyone.

I had fun playing with you.
I do wish i would have had more time for the game D1.
I never really got my footing here.
Great job town you all did very well.
It a no big deal, can’t win them all. Was still a fun game to play and think about setup wise.

Hope to see you in future ones!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also GG to town. Almost had a flawless idea to win the day, but Xivii Xivii plays a fierce game!

Town still did good overall though. Wouldn’t mind playing this style of setup in future

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Might as well get started in my thoughts on everyone.

ExLight - I thought you played very town in this game. I overall found your approach this game to be more productive and mature than, say, how Sorcerer's started. Hope we play more games together.

Xivii - Very much enjoyed playing with you again. As usual, you definitely were at the forefront when it came to scumhunting. Perhaps more aggressive than usual, but it worked out all the same.

UP - As usual, your wacky antics actually did some help. That rollercoaster that was the claims you were making helped cement me as town. That said, please don't hammer yourself again lmao

Jack - First time playing with you! You were maybe a little quiet, but your quick while cautious thinking and analysis definitely helped win this game for us. Hope to see you around more!

Z - Honestly, I thought you played very, very town day 1. Day 2 we kinda already decided to lynch you before you could say anything, which was kind of a mistake on my part even if it worked to our benefit. So there sadly wasn't much you could do. I thought your Xivii Logic team suggestion definitely could have won me over had I not voted.

Logic - My sentiment with Z echoes with you. Yes, I think your claim was a little too hasty day 2 and was part of what cost you the game, but I think you did everything before and after really that you could. I thought you were pretty town day 1. And honestly, against less headstrong players I think you and Z could have turned things around still. It's just that me and Xivii this game, at that moment, both made up our minds without thinking too deep about the possibilities, and while in other games that may very well have bit us in the ass, this time it worked in our favor.

Top Bottom