• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Token Power Mafia 1.2 | Game Over - Town Win

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah, the more that I think about it, the scummier UP's plan is. I think he was trying to make the tracker target the motivator so the tracker wouldn't be on him. It doesn't make sense for the tracker to be on them.

I'm fine with lynching UP or Raxxel.
Rax’s lack of answering does ping me like how he acted when scumates with me last time by keeping a lower profile.

I’m going to keep their slot in mind.

Out of the two, UP feels like the potentially most dangerous here. Weather it be accidentally baiting prs out( which didn’t work now but who knows if he could actually cause it to happen down the line), and scum, or just being a nonsensical townie; Up feels like he’s doing more damage to us then Rax atm.

Both are good slots to look into, I’m thinking up should be the vote today.

Not going to vote yet in case of an early hammer though.

EDIT: Host Approved edit due to ongoing game

Last edited:

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Votecount 1.4

When you pull the lever on a slot machine, does physics say that the lever is what pulls you back to the machine? Maybe not, but psychology certainly does.
ExLight (2) - UtopianPoyzin, Z25
Xivii (2) - Raxxel, Jackrito
Raxxel (1) - Xivii
UtopianPoyzin (1) - ExLight

Not voting: LogicoftheVI

Raxxel has been prodded.

ExLight

Smash Lord
yea, Rax's last post dropped them into a hard null for me
really didn't like it

they seem to say they think I'm likely town and yet are like "well I guess I'll just wait for him to get hammered before doing anything"

ExLight

Smash Lord
I've been thinking, should we coordinate a night plan? something like everyone except the commuterizer picking the same player

depending of the role in play we might split the players into two groups and help figuring out possible teams or even reducing the PoE
it should also help us telling which role scum has

ExLight

Smash Lord
I've been thinking, should we coordinate a night plan? something like everyone except the commuterizer picking the same player

depending of the role in play we might split the players into two groups and help figuring out possible teams or even reducing the PoE
it should also help us telling which role scum has
I'm not sure in which ways it could backfire though, so your opinions supporting/denying it would be appreciated

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Caught up. Serious reads now are Raxxel and Logic.

Jackrito Jackrito what makes you think scum have a safe claim? Was this in the OP or is it a TMI slip. You said the game you played in before had all the roles set, so it wouldn't have been the case there.
I never said they were all set. I don't think so anyway. In the last game they had a fake claim but different here is that they are scum tokens and flip town ones. In mine all were just generic roles. It's possible with that change scum did not get fake claim but they have a better chance to figure out the missing role anyway.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Ah I see, you think I'm town reading him in this post. I am not.

Why did you ask about Z in particular?
Apologies about missing this.

I asked about you and Z in particular due to wanting to see how you two would react to such a question. While I am scumreading you at the moment, I hadn't noticed much interaction between you and Z. So, I wanted to see, on the off chance you two are the scum team, how you two would form reads on each other.
What makes you think we're lynching Ex? Why did you ask me and Z25 about each other?
I missed your unvote on Ex. Before that, I believe 3 votes put him in L1, hammer range.
Also Raxxel why would you only lynch whoever hammered him instead of the other people on his wagon?
Partially to dissuade a hammer I believe wouldn't be justified, and partially because I think anyone who would make the vote to hammer this early would be taking advantage in order to end the day. It would be a very anti-town action imo.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Xivii Xivii Mind going into why you have a Logic scumread at the moment though?

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Oh, ExLight ExLight , apologies, I believe you asked me why I have a town read on you at the moment, correct?

Simple answer is, I don't. But I also don't believe you've done anything to ping me as scummy. I thought the wagon forming around you based on you behzving differently from your town iteration last game was unjustified.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
LogicoftheVI LogicoftheVI What do you think about the points I made on Ex, UPs Motivator plan, and Raxxel's 232?
Up and Ex havent agreed on a plan unless I missed it later on?
On page 4 Up had a plan or was thinking about motivator role, while Ex seemed to be against it.
I am in a huge fan of said plan, not do I like all the mechanics talk and focus so early.
Couple that with potential truth in plain sight post from Up and they are at the bottom of the player list for me.

I have not read your thoughts on their plan, I'll comment when i come across it.

Rexxel's #232 looks good.
The third section feels like it could come from town, tho i have to ask how close was ex to being lynched there?
The last line gives me a little pause, not sure how hard they are town reading Ex but the line in question feels a little defensive.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Up and Ex havent agreed on a plan unless I missed it later on?
points made on me;
UP's motivator plan;
Raxx 232

me and UP have nothing to do with any plan

Rexxel's #232 looks good.
????????
:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

ExLight ExLight , apologies, I believe you asked me why I have a town read on you at the moment, correct?
do you think I'm scum? and if so, why?
who are the scumteams you would consider based on the actual interactions (or lack of)?
this is what I asked

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 why were you ok with putting Ex at L-1 but not ok with putting UP at L-2?

Jackrito Jackrito could you link the game?
I didn’t realize that EX was going to be at -1. When I voted.

I honestly wouldn’t be totally against -1ing Utopian. However I didn’t want Rax and Logic to not get away with commenting on things today. Those are two other slots I wanted to see more from.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Logic is low because of a few reasons
I asked for more details about his meta, which he didn't provide (instead he just gave me more Jack meta as if trying to shift the spotlight); he didn't comment on the Exlight vs UP and ExLight vs Xivii; and he isn't really taking sides which is just too safe

If anything I feel like he's distancing Xivii a bit as if to prepare in case they got lynched last minute, which smells like scum would do
that's also why Xivii is above him
I should be low due to not really being active and giving others anything to read me on.
I will need to look at who defended me here and see if they are tmiing (white knighting) me.
As for your meta question directed to me I must have misinterpreted or missed it.
I hate self meta but, I'm usually a fairly active player as either alignment.
Family in town and having to drive for work has made that a little more difficult D1 here.
As town intend to ask a lot of queations (some think they are useless), and try get people talking about one another.
As mafia i try to point out thing that would make people town read me, head off bad town play, and post thing people wouldn't expect from mafia.

Why I hadn't spoken about UP vs Ex was a bunch of mechanics talk and without cultural or meta knowledge I feel it's best for me to leave that part out until I have other markers to judge by.
Ex vs Xi I feel aren't S/S, that doesnt feel like an interaction mafia have with one another but not sure of t/s or t/t?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I asked about you and Z in particular due to wanting to see how you two would react to such a question. While I am scumreading you at the moment, I hadn't noticed much interaction between you and Z. So, I wanted to see, on the off chance you two are the scum team, how you two would form reads on each other.
How do you interpret our answers?

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
idk, I don't really want you to talk about anything in particular I just feel like you've been avoiding me specifically for some reason

Jackrito Jackrito LogicoftheVI LogicoftheVI
we haven't played together before right
maybe some meta introduction might boost up today's activity

how would you describe your playstyle and what do you think of your latest performances
Yeah I totally didn't see this post....
I answered playstyle question already.
My previous game inwould say I did very well.
I was town.
I had jack(town)/mors(scum) scum team start I'd tge night.
N1 I commutized the mafia making the kill.
They made a weird play to try and get jack lynched.
In the end it didn't work jack looked more town than mors during the whole interaction.
Mafia tried to kill me the following night but were stuffed by the Dr and gave up.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Xivii Xivii I misread your question to me.
Your points on Ex are ones I cant really get behind since I do now know their meta pr yours.
I have to iso them and see if anything stands out then add your early meta read.
I will have to do the same with regards to you.

UP's plan as stated is not in my wheel house but I am horrible at mechanics and tend to stay away as mafia tend to fool me with fake mechanics claims.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
points made on me;
UP's motivator plan;
Raxx 232

me and UP have nothing to do with any plan
I didnt think so, see above post.

why did you leave out the rest of my post tho?
These types of things always feel agenda based when others take one portion on an effort to make someone look bad.
What's your question?
I explained what looked good and why I feel that way.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Out of the two, UP feels like the potentially most dangerous here. Weather it be accidentally baiting prs out( which didn’t work now but who knows if he could actually cause it to happen down the line), and scum, or just being a nonsensical townie; Up feels like he’s doing more damage to us then Rax atm.
This is an assessment I can agree with.
UP really hasn't stood out much.
Besides their focus on D1 mechanics I really dont remember anything they have done.
FoS: UP
Since I'm not sure where votes currently stand.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
UP's reaction is NAI imo. As odd as it may sound, I wouldn't blame a town UP for wanting to know roles now in a game where said roles can be stolen. I also doubt a scum UP would blatantly ask for someone's role, too smart and cautious to do that.
How self aware is UP tho?
Are they good enough and aware enough to make that part from their town game and make it part of their scun game?

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Logic is too null for me atm but feels like his town self to a small degree.
What had I done to that point that made you feel I deserved a town read?
Your usually a little more hedgy so im curious why you were willing to have me on that side of null?

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Jack if you hammer Ex, all of us on the wagon will be clear. Then it's just a matter of using our abilities to weed out Logic/Raxxel tonight.
nill? Does this thought even come from?
Is that because you were hard scum reading ex?
Is there anything other than meta you are reading them off of?

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Logic
I don't like how he hasn't commented on anything fruitful. As Ex said it seemed like he deliberately avoided touching me vs Ex and UPs stuff.
Voted Rax
Talks more about me being scum
Votes up

Thinkin......

ExLight

Smash Lord
why did you leave out the rest of my post tho?
because that raxx post "looking good" is something I can't see even in a billion years
and what do you want me to comment for rest of your post?

to me it seems like you're giving the seal of approval to a very passive scum looking post

the "woha, that wagon blew up quickly" is completely NAI and very common for scum to use when trying to distance themselves from mislynch
not to mention that the mislynch limitation argument raxx said was basically parroting since I had previously mentioned it when making my self defense in 206

and if you thought they were townreading me why would you think they being fine with my hammer "looks good"?

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
I cant find it right now but I also like the post where raxxel (i think it was them) asks 2 people to read one a other.
That's just like my playstyle to get people talking about one another.
It could come from scum but it feels town motivated to me.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
and if you thought they were townreading me why would you think they being fine with my hammer "looks good"?
They arent fine with hammering you tho?
They defended you with ilk lynch whoever hammer if they flip town.
Possi le TMI but that's only if Rax is mafia and im not getting the same vibe.
because that raxx post "looking good" is something I can't see even in a billion years
and what do you want me to comment for rest of your post?
All this tells me is we have a difference in opinion and not why? I liked the third paragraph and the overall vibe of the post feel genuine and honest to me.
What about it felt scummy to you?

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
the "woha, that wagon blew up quickly" is completely NAI and very common for scum to use when trying to distance themselves from mislynch
not to mention that the mislynch limitation argument raxx said was basically parroting since I had previously mentioned it when making my self defense in 206
Town can notice a bad wagon blowing up as well.
It isnt exclusive to mafia so this come across more as shade than actual analysis to me.

ExLight

Smash Lord
They arent fine with hammering you tho?
if they weren't fine they'd discuss the possibility of me being town, not sit there and wait for someone they expect to flip town to die when, according to their own words, "we can only mislynch once"

Town can notice a bad wagon blowing up as well.
It isnt exclusive to mafia so this come across more as shade than actual analysis to me.
I think you missed the part where I say "it's completely NAI" in that post k

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
As of now up and ex are where im willing to.lynch.
I need to look over jack, and Z25.
Z25 said they wanted more comments from me but never engaged with me which is something to look into.
Jack is just kind of there not leaving much impression.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Voted Rax
Talks more about me being scum
Votes up

Thinkin......
It's obvious from the progression of my thoughts that I was working out my read on UP and changed my mind in the process.

Yeah, the more that I think about it, the scummier UP's plan is. I think he was trying to make the tracker target the motivator so the tracker wouldn't be on him. It doesn't make sense for the tracker to be on them.

I'm fine with lynching UP or Raxxel.

Top Bottom