• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Token Power Mafia 1.2 | Game Over - Town Win

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
The only thing about this is that I think he could be Doc and thus had a different perspective on Motivator claiming since he knew he could protect him without being role blocked. This also why he asked me about the tracker claim because then the strongman also wouldn't be able to go through his protection. However, I also think this plan could come from Redirector!Up so I'm not willing to town read it. It's such a suspicious thing to do even as Doc, especially telling the Motivator to crumb their role. Also the fact that UP is being so open about it makes me think that he is more likely to be the Redirector than Doc because he's not concerned mafia will kill him.
You basically hit the nail on the head for the first bit which is why I'm pretty impressed. I also needed to make sure that if there was a Motivator, that they wouldn't run off supporting the mafia faction without knowing exactly who they would target before they did. I really didn't think that the Motivator would end up being NK worthy, due to the fact that the Motivator can just as much help scum as it does help town. With that being said, I didn't think anybody would associate me being the Doc at all on D1, but I knew that I was town so I was comfortable with saying something that could be perceived as that controversial. I don't think I've EVER openly made mechanics suggestions up until now, so I was pretty convinced with my position that they would work. However, basically everybody else in the town agreed that it would not, so I understand that it's alright for the plan to not come to fruition; it was just the plan that benefited me the most. As for your last point, I think I solved it pretty well. If I never claimed but ended up barely surviving the day, do you really think that with such an easy mislynch target as myself still alive, I would've been killed? That's why I even admitted that I was open to not being super townie, as I knew that I would be regarded as suspicious, but hopefully not enough to be lynched. That's why I didn't want to post too much townie content, and was content with relying on Xivii to solve the game for me. I made sure that I wouldn't be able to post townie content by making sure that none of my points were ever more than one line long (on my browser, each one of my "paragraphs" were never longer than one line, but my screen is zoomed out to 90%, so what looks like one line to me may be 2 lines to someone else, or 3 to someone on mobile). I do admit that I tended to rely too much on mechanics talk, which really wasn't my intention at all, but all discussion surrounding me ended up coming back to the same point. I regarded it as suspicious at first that the whole case on me revolved around this one point, but in hindsight I suppose it's because I didn't really do much else today. Regardless, I hoped that more people would get the hint by my personal pleas over anything game related. I only do that when I have a really important TPR. I had a similar strategy in Fire and Lightening Mafia 3, and I did it here, albeit under a more "simplified" posting scheme in this game. All in all, I REALLY do think that ExLight is The Move™ but if Xivii has another suggestion I'd be glad to here it. I never really made any of those top tier reads this game, and if Xivii is scum then they have outplayed me on a fundamental, spiritual level. However, I do not believe this to be the current case (or maybe I won't let myself believe it). Besides their vote on me which stemmed from the fact that they believed me to be the Redirector, I feel like they have been pretty spot on with their judgement for the most part. Townies make more mistakes than scum, so I won't put it past there. Well hopefully a long post like this can be interpreted as helpful to some of you, but it's been a ride. I won't be surviving past N1 anyhow. Sadly, I cannot let people know who I plan on saving, as that would defeat the purpose.

:)

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I'd rather lynch you tbh. I think you're redirector.
Actually before you answer I'm removing my Xivii endorsement because it makes absolutely no sense to vote out the claimed Doctor, even if the slot has potential to be mafia. :smash:

That was the first paragraph that I posted besides #321 that was longer than one line, but is definitely worth it to announce such a cosmic betrayal. :crazy:

ExLight

Smash Lord
No but we're L-1 but I'm making mafia waste a NK because I debatably have the best TPR in the game. :joyful:
the best TPR is by far Town Commuterizer tbf
it can stop a kill in two ways and reduce the PoE to two players if sucessful

honestly if you were doctor I feel like you'd've at least tried to defend yourself + scumhunt more, so I feel like you're either just trying to bait the real doctor or is the redirector

the latter makes a lot more sense since you kept wanting to out the motivator, prolly to redirect them into your scumbud

ExLight

Smash Lord
you interested in the tracker claim also fits you being a redirector because if they saw you visiting two people your doc fake claim would've been busted

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
the latter makes a lot more sense since you kept wanting to out the motivator, prolly to redirect them into your scumbud
Wait.

That does sound realistic. I didn't think it did.

Eh I suppose there's no more redeeming myself because the case on me once again is pretty solid.

GG I kinda jebaited myself here.

Vote: UtopianPoyzin

Redirector baybee

ExLight

Smash Lord
I'm taking that as a confession
this better not be you going all crazy again

anyway I guess we're not making any plans for using our roles tonight
let's use them as we consider to be the best

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Utopian is claiming doctor? I really don’t understand why they would act like that. I can’t see it being doctor either. But Zen and Ex beat me to that thought.

nah, I don't really want to rush a plan and having it backfiring

a watcher on me would be appreciated because I'm selfish and paranoid tho
Also a good Post.

Laying out a plan last minute would be super risky and scum could take advantage of that. Don’t know why Utopian thinks otherwise, but we kinda of established that slot had weird plays today.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Wait.

That does sound realistic. I didn't think it did.

Eh I suppose there's no more redeeming myself because the case on me once again is pretty solid.

GG I kinda jebaited myself here.

Vote: UtopianPoyzin

Redirector baybee
The Day is over. There shouldn't be anymore posts regardless. osieorb18 osieorb18

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Target within Z, Raxx, and Logic for negative or investigative abilities. Target within Ex or Jack for positive abilities.

ExLight

Smash Lord
if Poy cared about the motivator I'm assuming the other scum isn't an uselessish role like Messenger or Bread Baker, nor Roleblocker since they can't coexist with motivator

hopefully they're not the commuterizer since it's a pretty strong role

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
  • Motivator(Town)/Roleblocker(Mafia)
  • Bulletproof(Town)/Ninja(Mafia)
  • Doctor(Town)/Redirector(Mafia)
  • Tracker(Town)/Strongman(Mafia)
  • Watcher(Town)/Item Thief(Mafia)
  • Commuterizer
  • Messenger
  • Bread Baker
Heads up to town. All of this talk is unimportant. Don't read too far into it unless you want to be jebaited as hard as I jebaited myself.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
That is the first time I have seen a scum confess on day one wtf is this game. I really hope this is a scum flip and not just a bitter town because seen that a lot in the past and its frustrating as hell

ExLight

Smash Lord
Strongman is the other side of Tracker innit? If he was looking for tracker, they don't have a strongman.
ooh, right, my bad

that must mean the last scum is either a ninja, a commuterizer, or an item thief when poy flips redirector

Jackrito

Smash Ace
This is pretty much a given as well but tomorrow a mass claim works now with one of the possibly scum roles gone and most of using our tokens tonight. It works in token on later days but never on day one.

ExLight

Smash Lord
This is pretty much a given as well but tomorrow a mass claim works now with one of the possibly scum roles gone and most of using our tokens tonight. It works in token on later days but never on day one.
it's based on speculation tho
poy can get really metaish, so it might backfire

I'd rather not have people claiming unless they can prove some of their roles

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Since Osie isn't here yet I'ma answer some questions.
How do you interpret our answers?
I do wish you would go into your town read on Z a bit more. However, imo a town read is more acceptable to have unexplained than a scum read. Tomorrow if you could go a bit more into why you town read Z, it would be good. That said, I myself see Z as town atm.
How self aware is UP tho?
Are they good enough and aware enough to make that part from their town game and make it part of their scun game?
Not much point in answering this since a UP that self hammers, much like in Sorcerer's, is probably scum. That said, I will say he is very much self aware. He is definitely smart enough that he could incorporate more of his town self into his scum playstyle.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I suppose I should explain my Z town read then actually.

Z's very much matching the more pro-active, aware town Z I've played with on a few occasions than his scum counterpart I've played with once. Less reactive, gives reads without being prompted, and mentions things like lack of activity without it coming across as him trying to redirect attention towards the inactives.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
That's never the town thing to do. It eliminates the information we could have gotten from another vote as well as the possibility of your wagon dissolving.

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Alright I've said my piece and I'm actually the doctor. Even though Logic hasn't replied, they look the best coming out of this. Raxxel and Logic are both town in my book and the scum are among ExLight, Jackrito, Xivii and Z25.
up i swear to god if you're doctor WHY would you self hammer. THERE WERE 3 HOURS LEFT. IN THE OTHER GAME WE SWITCHED OUR GLG WAGON IN LESS THAN 1. COME ON.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Alright I've said my piece and I'm actually the doctor. Even though Logic hasn't replied, they look the best coming out of this. Raxxel and Logic are both town in my book and the scum are among ExLight, Jackrito, Xivii and Z25.
I literally just criticized your selfish plays in your last town game
why the **** would you do that again
do you like even learn

Raxxel

NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I literally just criticized your selfish plays in your last town game
why the **** would you do that again
do you like even learn
IT'S NOT EVEN SELFISH, IT MAKES NO DAMNED SENSE. DOCTOR IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT ROLES FOR THIS SETUP. I'M NOT EVEN SURE HOW WE AFFORD ANOTHER MISLYNCH NOW.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's never the town thing to do. It eliminates the information we could have gotten from another vote as well as the possibility of your wagon dissolving.
This, I was waiting to see who would come in with the hammer, especially after Up pointed it out. But he decided to do it himself sadly.

My mind is boggled by the fact he may actually be doctor and did this if he is doctor. I don’t understand at all why that play seemed good to them.

Top Bottom