• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad parade - Oh boy it's Els--- I mean, Rosalina

What do you think will happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
No, I'm saying if blue will be the defult since that it how he has appeared the last few games.
I doubt that. Toads were color-coded for our convenience in multiplayer main games... But THE Toad is still playable in the spin-off sports/party games.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
On the topic of palette swaps, here's some I whipped up!

I've yet to make one based off Toadette and Toadsworth, but I'll update this with them later. So, in order:

-Toad's default palette, the happy-go-lucky Toad we all know and love.
-Yellow Toad, based of the Yellow Toads and the 4th player in New Super Mario Bros. series.
-Blue Toad, based off the Blue Toads, Toad's SMB2 sprite and the 3rd player in the New Super Mario Bros. series.
-Red Toad, based off the Red Toads and Toad's appearances in Super Mario Sunshine and the Super Mario Galaxy games.
-Purple Toad, based off the Purple Toads and the Mail Toad in Super Mario Galaxy.
-Green Toad, based off the Green Toads and the Bank Toad in Super Mario Galaxy 2.
-"Mushroom" Toad, based off the original appearance of the Super Mushroom in Super Mario Bros. (yellowish cap, red spots, white bottom)

Toadsworth and Toadette colors coming soon!

EDIT: Here they are! Toadworth and Toadette palette swaps!

The Toadette one has a shirt because it didn't feel like a Toadette color swap without it... but somehow without the vest the Toadsworth one seems a lot better.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That white Toad palette swap looks like Villager and Wii Fit Trainer's love child.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Toad is the last Nintendo all star not in smash already, with the possible exception of Ridley.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I feel that both Yoshi and Toad should have eight palette swaps instead of six....

Yoshi gets... green, red, blue, yellow, pink, cyan, white, black
Toad gets... Toad, Toadette, Toadsworth, red, blue, yellow, green, purple

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Toad is the last Nintendo all star not in smash already, with the possible exception of Ridley.

I like Toad I do.

But it's not only him and Ridley.

Toad, Ridley, Dixie Kong, King K. Rool. They're kind of the last of their kind in ''obvious" people who should be in All Stars game.

Albo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlboAlbo
I'm just wondering, but does anyone remember that according to Mario Kart Wii, (from what I'm assuming) Toad owns and runs an item box factory? That means he not only has access to all the power-ups in the New/Super Mario Bros. series, but he also has access to the items in the Mario Kart series. Maybe he could use things like Koopa shells or Bob-Ombs in Smash?

I don't know. Just a thought.

And continuing from the Mario Kart series, what if Toad used some of those giant Toad balloons in Toad Circuit (Mario Kart 7)? I'm kidding, probably not.

But that would be pretty cool, now that I think about it.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
With Luigi recently confirmed, and Peach likely to be confirmed to coincide with Super Mario 3D World (which is four months away), we will have all four of the Mario series veterans confirmed long before the game's release.

I think this may bode well for the chances of a Mario newcomer, of which includes Toad.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
With Luigi recently confirmed, and Peach likely to be confirmed to coincide with Super Mario 3D World (which is four months away), we will have all four of the Mario series veterans confirmed long before the game's release.

I think this may bode well for the chances of a Mario newcomer, of which includes Toad.
I'd love for this to be correct. There's always that naggling doubt that Bowser Jr or Waluigi might somehow get in over him when Mario Kart is introduced though in my mind.

I'd be annoyed if Paper gets introduced for the Mario Kart series unless he's actually playable IN Mario Kart.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord

I could see maybe Toad either getting revealed instead of or alongside Peach, as he has the same relevancy to Super Mario 3D World that peach does. Plus, if he is in, it would seem better to reveal him at the same time as Peach (since she'd either have Toadsworth as her Toad now or a new special altogether) than wait, as most would know he's in either way (Show the move is different/Avoiding showing the move because of the changes/Lack of the move at all = Toad is likely in). I'd really rather see Toad in over Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, and Waluigi (though I'd like them all in at some point, really), because he a bigger all-around Nintendo All-Star than the other three, and despite the lack of fighting in most of his appearances, he or his more-generic brethren appear in almost every main game and spin-off, even moreso than Luigi (unless I'm wrong on that account).

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Toad to me seems very viable. If you were going to look at this realistically from Sakurais POV, then Toad wins the place of 'most deserving' in the Mario series.

However, my only concern for Toad not being added is sadly the lack of need to represent the Mario franchise even more. If it was between the Mario franchise, a franchise with less reps or a franchise with no reps, I think Toad would strikeout unfortunately.

However. Brawl didn't add to the franchise (If you don't count Wario) as is the same for Zelda (again, if you don't count cloney McToon Link), so as always, there is hope for him, if Sakurai feels the need to expand. As of now he's my most wanted Mario rep, if not most wanted character. I use to love Paper Mario but the series has fallen short since TTYD. Bowser Jr. is not as appealing or relevant, and Waluigi .... well.... no comment.

I digress, but the point remains ... TOAD 4 SMASH 4 U DIG?

JediSquire

Smash Rookie
Perhaps in a place that you've seen in your dreams
Toad to me seems very viable. If you were going to look at this realistically from Sakurais POV, then Toad wins the place of 'most deserving' in the Mario series.

However, my only concern for Toad not being added is sadly the lack of need to represent the Mario franchise even more. If it was between the Mario franchise, a franchise with less reps or a franchise with no reps, I think Toad would strikeout unfortunately.

However. Brawl didn't add to the franchise (If you don't count Wario) as is the same for Zelda (again, if you don't count cloney McToon Link), so as always, there is hope for him, if Sakurai feels the need to expand. As of now he's my most wanted Mario rep, if not most wanted character. I use to love Paper Mario but the series has fallen short since TTYD. Bowser Jr. is not as appealing or relevant, and Waluigi .... well.... no comment.

I digress, but the point remains ... TOAD 4 SMASH 4 U DIG?
I digg brah ;)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

At first I was hoping this ideal would ring true...
...the I realised; there's no Warioware game coming out between now and launch.

Mario Kart 8 probably means Wario's reveal most likely and not a Mario newcomer. Does that sound more likely guys?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I'd love for this to be correct. There's always that naggling doubt that Bowser Jr or Waluigi might somehow get in over him when Mario Kart is introduced though in my mind.

I'd be annoyed if Paper gets introduced for the Mario Kart series unless he's actually playable IN Mario Kart.
If Paper Mario was in a kart and you were looking at the back of the kart while he was driving, wouldn't he just be a razor-thin vertical line?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
If Paper Mario was in a kart and you were looking at the back of the kart while he was driving, wouldn't he just be a razor-thin vertical line?
You know...I'm not sure? Wouldn't you see his back from that angle, but from the side he'd be paper thin? That's the problem with the 3/4 viewpoint; it could go either way. One things for sure; one side would definately be a razor thin vertical line.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm currently doodling a potential moveset for Toad. I'll share when it's complete(probably next weekend since I'm doing more than just B specials) but I'm currently torn for his up + B:

Magic Carpet(SMB2), Propeller cap(New Super Mario bros. wii), Super Jump(technique in SMB2) or Spore Jump(Smash)? All are good choices, and I can't really pick between them. Help me out fellow Toad Brigade members.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Propeller Suit offers more options for Toad. With it, he can either float down slowly or drill down quickly.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think the chargeable Super Jump from SMB2 would be my ideal choice for his Up-B.

The Magic carpet doesn't have much to do with Toad, it is much more associated with Pidgit.

I don't like the propeller cap either. What's the spore jump though?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
How about giving Toad both the chargeable Super Jump and the Propeller Suit? To do a chargeable Super Jump, how about using it for his Smash Up + A move? Toad could do a headbutt while jumping high.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I think Spore Jump would just involve shooting spores down, whilst Toad's hanging upside down in the air. I think it might of been in OP moveset?

I guess there's also the Flying Squirrel suit I guess, but Propeller seems better known of the two suits.

Actually looking at Mario Strikers Charged; Toad's far more acrobatic than you'd presume for a guy with no knees. I feel like that should be included in a few moves.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
A cool down-B for Toad would be if he threw a poisonous mushroom behind him, similar to how Diddy throw his Bananas.
When stepped on, the player takes 3% damage and shrinks for about 1.5 seconds.
If the mushroom is left alone, it disappears after about 5 seconds, and you can only have 1 in play.

Reference: Super Mario Kart - Toad's and Peach's secret item.
http://www.mario-kart.net/smk-drivers.html
How about giving Toad both the chargeable Super Jump and the Propeller Suit? To do a chargeable Super Jump, how about using it for his Smash Up + A move? Toad could do a headbutt while jumping high.
And to make it more true to its in-game effect, the longer you charge, the higher he jumps.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
A cool down-B for Toad would be if he threw a poisonous mushroom behind him, similar to how Diddy throw his Bananas.
When stepped on, the player takes 3% damage and shrinks for about 1.5 seconds.
If the mushroom is left alone, it disappears after about 5 seconds, and you can only have 1 in play.

Reference: Super Mario Kart - Toad's and Peach's secret item.
http://www.mario-kart.net/smk-drivers.html

And to make it more true to its in-game effect, the longer you charge, the higher he jumps.
That was actually my idea for Toad's side B.

I think the poison mushroom idea has some merit since Toad has used it in Mario Kart Arcade too as one of his items.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Oh. I didn't see that.
For my idea? No...sorry I wasn't accusing you of copying the idea. I'm currently drawing a moveset down and it just so happens we came up with a similar idea.

Honestly I'm glad to see other people are thinking similarly to me. Means I'm at least on the right track ideas wise.

If you meant for Mario Kart Arcade though; yep! Toad's used it in both the first one and the sequel too. He also has three other special items: The Mushroom Hammer, Mushroom Powder and the Miracle Mushroom in those games.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Looks like I'm going to have to double post...;;

But I did a rough moveset idea for Toad, feel free to let me know what you think.

Toad chest spawn chance(as I forgot to add it):
Poison Mushroom 80%, Bomb: 2%, Koopa Shell: 10%, Mega Mushroom: 7%, Starman: 1%

References;
Down Smash: Toad's victory dance after he scores a goal in Super Strikers(he breakdances!)
Up Smash: Golden suggested using Toad's mushrooms from Mario Sports Mix in the Roster prediction thread. I agreed with him so I added it as a smash move.

Aerial attack is a reference to SMRPG. I don't need to tell you guys which line.

SuperJump as suggested made it, and gives SMB2 reference
Spore Counter is obviously from Smash
Toad Chest is from New Super Mario Bros. I decided to go with THE Toad's moves rather than Blue or Yellow's...might be an unpopular choice. Also rethinking the chance of Starman being shot out...that could break the game.
Mushroom Hammer is from Mario Kart GP Arcade. It's just a cool weapon, and I like the idea of Toad still being the items guy.

Final Smash WAS gonna be the Toad brigade, but err...that seemed obvious and boring. Since a lot of people seem to think of Toad as passive, why not have a passive aggressive Final Smash?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Every time I look at this picture on Nintendo's official website, I am reminded why Toad is the ideal Mario newcomer for SSB4. There's something iconic about seeing Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad together... I don't feel reverence towards Waluigi, Daisy, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Dr. Mario, and Geno like I do towards Toad... especially when Toad is present in a picture with Mario, Luigi, and Peach. Toad has so much history with the Mario franchise and is deeply rooted in the Mario mythos... especially when compared to Waluigi, Daisy, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, Dr. Mario, and Geno.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
i love toad. i don't want any other mario reps besides him.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think most of us expect Peach to be confirmed in December (to coincide with the release of Super Mario 3D World). With Peach's confirmation, we will very likely get a slew of screenshots featuring Peach in them (like with every other veteran confirmation so far).

There is a decent chance that we may figure out whether Peach continues to have Toad as one of her specials.

So it may be December where we find out whether Toad has been de-confirmed or not.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I think most of us expect Peach to be confirmed in December (to coincide with the release of Super Mario 3D World). With Peach's confirmation, we will very likely get a slew of screenshots featuring Peach in them (like with every other veteran confirmation so far).

There is a decent chance that we may figure out whether Peach continues to have Toad as one of her specials.

So it may be December where we find out whether Toad has been de-confirmed or not.

Something I've also thought of saying. If Peach is there, Toad's chances might drop almost rock-bottom.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I absolutely ADORE the idea of Toad being in Super Smash Bros. In every Mario sports, party, or kart game, Toad is always my main choice, so I'd love to see the guy playable in Smash Bros.
I've been working on a moveset, so I'll post it here!
I envision him as a very light, high-jumping, slow-falling character. His weight should be around Kirby or Squirtle's weight. He should be around Kirby's walking speed, but his dashing speed should be one of the fastest in the game - just below Zero Suit Samus, perhaps. He uses a plethora of powerups from the Mario games. Toad isn't the strongest, and his range is very weak, but his speed and item-based moves make up for it.
Anyways, onto the moveset itself.

Toad is generally weak when not assisted by his arsenal of items.
Jab: Arm Jabs ~ Toad rapidly pokes opponents with his arms. Very quick attack speed, but has low range due to his stubby arms. Does 2%, but can be mashed to build up gradual damage.
Forward Tilt: Double Kick ~ Toad leaps forward slightly, kicking foes with both feet. Again, very low range because his legs are so stubby. Does 5% if it hits.
Up Tilt: Hop ~ Toad smiles and hops into the air slightly, clapping his hands once. Does 4%.
Down Tilt: Headbutt ~ Toad swings his large mushroom head downwards, butting into anybody nearby. Does 7%.
Dash Attack: Running Slaps ~ Toad runs forward, looking away with his eyes shut (he looks sort of scared) while flailing his little arms wildly in front of him. Does 4%.

Up Smash: Mushroom Bounce ~ Toad jumps in the air slightly and does a front flip. This maneuver does 7%.
Side Smash: Toad Torpedo ~ Toad launches himself to the side, slamming his head into anybody hit by him. He flies at a slight arc, like Luigi's Green Missile. Anybody hit will receive 8%.
Down Smash: Head Spin ~ Toad flips over so he is balanced on his head, and spins around on his mushroom cap. Anybody hit will receive a bit of damage and will be knocked back quite well. Does 5%.

Neutral Aerial: Limb Stretch ~ Toad quickly extends his stubby limbs. Very close range but will damage and knock back anybody hit by this move. Does 4%.
Up Aerial: Upper Twirl ~ Toad twirls around, lifting him up slightly and dealing decent damage and knockback. Does 6%.
Back Aerial: Toad Backflip ~ Toad does a back flip. This move can knock opponents behind him. Does 6%.
Forward Aerial: Head Slam ~ Toad swings his head forward, spiking him down a little bit and doing a fair amount of damage. Anybody hit by his head will be slammed to the ground. Does 9%
Down Aerial: Mushroom Meteor ~ Toad flips upside-down and falls quickly, headfirst. Anybody hit by his mushroom head will be slammed down with him. Does 10% if they are slammed down from the air, and 7% if they are just hit on the ground.

Toad uses his strange superhuman strength to lift up opponents, subcon style.
Grab: Lift ~ Toad lifts up opponent as if he were lifting a Shy Guy in subcon. Opponents are flipped upside down on top of Toad. Toad's grab is unique in that he can carry lifted foes around at normal walking speed.
Pummel: Nothing ~ Toad has no pummel because of his unique grab. His ability to walk around with carried foes makes up for the lack of a pummel.
Forward Throw: Subcon Toss ~ Toad hurls his carried opponent forward, like he does in Super Mario Bros 2 (complete with the same sound-effects). Does 7%.
Back Throw: Back Toss ~ Toad throws the lifted opponent backward, in a similar style to his forward throw. Does 7%.
Up Throw: Spinning Fling ~ Toad tosses the opponent high into the air, causing them to spin rapidly. When they hit the ground they will be dizzy for a few seconds because of the spinning. Does 8%.
Down Throw: Subcon Slam ~ Toad jumps into the air and slams the opponent onto the ground. Does 9%.
The opponent can escape when lifted by mashing buttons.

Toad is an item salesman at heart, so his moves reflect the various powerups throughout the Mario series.
Neutral Special: Spores ~ Toad expels a cloud of spores. This move can be charged to expel even more spores. This move can absorb opponents' attacks.
Side Special: Item Box~ Toad takes out an item box (from Super Mario Bros 3), and a random item pops out (Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, Green Shell, Starman, Bob-omb or Fire Flower). This can either positively or negatively affect Toad or his opponents, so this move is quite risky. It needs to recharge before it can be used again.
Up Special: Propeller Cap ~ Toad uses the propeller mushroom from New Super Mario Bros Wii. He quickly shoots upwards (can be controlled left/right slightly), and then will slowly drift downward. Pressing any button causes Toad to take off the cap and fall normally. This move works like Peach's parasol move, but is completely vertical. Does 6% to anybody hit by toad as he shoots up.
Down Special: Vegetable~ This move is almost exactly like Peach's vegetable move, with only a few differences: Toad pulls out vegetables quicker than Peach; Toad's vegetables are pink; and Toad's vegetables do less damage overall, but have higher chances of getting the rare faces or getting a random item.
Final Smash: Toad Brigade ~ Toad calls upon his Toad Brigade. Toad takes control of the Starshroom - he can fly around the stage, crashing into opponents, dealing a whopping 30% to anybody hit.

So that concludes my approach at Toad in Super Smash Bros.
I'd like some feedback. This is only the second moveset I've ever made; since I am not a metagame expert, I need people to tell me whether this is underpowered or overpowered.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I absolutely ADORE the idea of Toad being in Super Smash Bros. In every Mario sports, party, or kart game, Toad is always my main choice, so I'd love to see the guy playable in Smash Bros.
I've been working on a moveset, so I'll post it here!
I envision him as a very light, high-jumping, slow-falling character. His weight should be around Kirby or Squirtle's weight. He should be around Kirby's walking speed, but his dashing speed should be one of the fastest in the game - just below Zero Suit Samus, perhaps. He uses a plethora of powerups from the Mario games. Toad isn't the strongest, and his range is very weak, but his speed and item-based moves make up for it.
Anyways, onto the moveset itself.

Toad is generally weak when not assisted by his arsenal of items.
Jab: Arm Jabs ~ Toad rapidly pokes opponents with his arms. Very quick attack speed, but has low range due to his stubby arms. Does 2%, but can be mashed to build up gradual damage.
Forward Tilt: Double Kick ~ Toad leaps forward slightly, kicking foes with both feet. Again, very low range because his legs are so stubby. Does 4% if it hits.
Up Tilt: Hop ~ Toad smiles and hops into the air slightly, clapping his hands once. Does 5%.
Down Tilt: Headbutt ~ Toad swings his large mushroom head downwards, butting into anybody nearby. Does 7%.
Dash Attack: Running Slaps ~ Toad runs forward, looking away with his eyes shut (he looks sort of scared) while flailing his little arms wildly in front of him Does 4%.

Up Smash: Mushroom Bounce ~ Toad jumps in the air and does a front flip, landing on his mushroom head causing him to bounce upwards. This maneuver does 7%.
Side Smash: Toad Torpedo ~ Toad launches himself to the side, slamming his head into anybody hit by him. He flies at a slight arc, like Luigi's Green Missile. Anybody hit will receive 8%.
Down Smash: Head Spin ~ Toad flips over so he is balanced on his head, and spins around on his mushroom cap. Anybody hit will receive a bit of damage and will be knocked back quite well. Does 5%.

Neutral Aerial: Limb Stretch ~ Toad quickly extends his stubby limbs. Very close range but will damage and knock back anybody hit by this move. Does 4%.
Up Aerial: Upper Twirl ~ Toad twirls around, lifting him up slightly and dealing decent damage and knockback. Does 6%.
Back Aerial: Toad Backflip ~ Toad does a back flip. This move can knock opponents behind him. Does 6%.
Forward Aerial: Head Slam ~ Toad swings his head forward, spiking him down a little bit and doing a fair amount of damage. Anybody hit by his head will be slammed to the ground. Does 9%
Down Aerial: Mushroom Meteor ~ Toad flips upside-down and falls quickly, headfirst. Anybody hit by his mushroom head will be slammed down with him. Does 10% if they are slammed down from the air, and 7% if they are just hit on the ground.

Toad uses his strange superhuman strength to lift up opponents, subcon style.
Grab: Lift ~ Toad lifts up opponent as if he were lifting a Shy Guy in subcon. Opponents are flipped upside down on top of Toad. Toad's grab is unique in that he can carry lifted foes around at normal walking speed.
Pummel: Nothing ~ Toad has no pummel because of his unique grab. His ability to walk around with carried foes makes up for the lack of a pummel.
Forward Throw: Subcon Toss ~ Toad hurls his carried opponent forward, like he does in Super Mario Bros 2 (complete with the same sound-effects). Does 7%.
Back Throw: Back Toss ~ Toad throws the lifted opponent backward, in a similar style to his forward throw. Does 7%.
Up Throw: Spinning Fling ~ Toad tosses the opponent high into the air, causing them to spin rapidly. When they hit the ground they will be dizzy for a few seconds because of the spinning. Does 8%.
Down Throw: Subcon Slam ~ Toad jumps into the air and slams the opponent onto the ground. Does 9%.
The opponent can escape when lifted by mashing buttons.

Toad is an item salesman at heart, so his moves reflect the various powerups throughout the Mario series.
Neutral Special: Spores ~ Toad expels a cloud of spores. This move can be charged to expel even more spores. This move can absorb opponents' attacks.
Side Special: Item Box~ Toad takes out an item box (from Super Mario Bros 3), and a random item pops out (Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, Green Shell, Starman, Bob-omb or Fire Flower). This can either positively or negatively affect Toad or his opponents, so this move is quite risky. It needs to recharge before it can be used again.
Up Special: Propeller Cap ~ Toad uses the propeller mushroom from New Super Mario Bros Wii. He quickly shoots upwards (can be controlled left/right slightly), and then will slowly drift downward. Pressing any button causes Toad to take of the cap and fall normally. This move works like Peach's parasol move, but is completely vertical. Does 6% to anybody hit by toad as he shoots up.
Down Special: Vegetable~ This move is almost exactly like Peach's vegetable move, with only a few differences: Toad pulls out vegetables quicker than Peach; Toad's vegetables are pink; and Toad's vegetables do less damage overall, but have higher chances of getting the rare faces or getting a random item.
Final Smash: Toad Brigade ~ Toad calls upon his Toad Brigade. Toad takes control of the Starshroom - he can fly around the stage, crashing into opponents, dealing a whopping 30% to anybody hit.

So that concludes my approach at Toad in Super Smash Bros.
I'd like some feedback. This is only the second moveset I've ever made; since I am not a metagame expert, I need people to tell me whether this is underpowered or overpowered.
I like it a lot. I must admit the alarm bells began to ring when I read "isn't the strongest" and automatically thought you'd missed out his trademark superhuman strength, but you kept it in the grab and walk which is all I really wanted. If Toad ended up with this moveset I'd be pretty happy. Providing he gets in of course.

and yes; Peach using Toad will probably confirm Toad is once again relegated to a freaking special move. This must be how the Ridley fans feel.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I like it a lot. I must admit the alarm bells began to ring when I read "isn't the strongest" and automatically thought you'd missed out his trademark superhuman strength, but you kept it in the grab and walk which is all I really wanted. If Toad ended up with this moveset I'd be pretty happy. Providing he gets in of course.

and yes; Peach using Toad will probably confirm Toad is once again relegated to a freaking special move. This must be how the Ridley fans feel.
Thank you, that means quite a lot to me!
Pretty good for my first piece of feedback on one of my movesets. I'm new to making movesets so feedback really helps.
I understand why it may seem as if I missed out on his signature superhuman strength! Perhaps I can re-word the part about him not being strong. By 'weak', I meant that his attacks don't pack much of a punch - but he is still very strong in the sense that he can lift very heavy things.

I think we can agree that when Peach is revealed, if she has Toadsworth in any screenshot, that pretty much means that Toad is confirmed, yes? Man, that would be exciting.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I still think that it could be possible for Toad to end up both being a special for Peach, and a playable character. I mean we could have classic Toad as Peach's special, and Blue Toad as the playable Toad.

Regardless, I think if Toad does not get in this time, he is going to be one of the strongest contenders for a newcomer for Smash 5 due to Super Mario 3D World.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom