• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad parade - Oh boy it's Els--- I mean, Rosalina

What do you think will happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
They don't even have to replace Peach's move... they could just throw Toadsworth in there instead of a Toad.

Or, y'know, ignore Peach's move entirely. It's not like there's a shortage of Toad soldiers in the Mushroom Kingdom.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Back after eleven years away to show my support for Toad!

I think we need a Mario rep that makes use of all those darn power up items the Mario Brothers aren't using(so anything other than Fire Flower and Cape basically). Out of the main Mario rep suggestions; Toad, Bowser Jr, Waluigi, Paper Mario, Toad seems to fit best as the items and power up character, based on his past roles in the games. As far as I know he's the only one aside from Mario, Luigi and arguably Peach to have used a power up in a main Mario game?

Seen some impressive suggestions for movesets here. Really glad we got past just using Wario Woods as a reference as we did back during Melee.

Also; don't forget Toad's up for rating tomorrow on Groose's thread, so show your support Toad Parade!

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Back after eleven years away to show my support for Toad!

I think we need a Mario rep that makes use of all those darn power up items the Mario Brothers aren't using(so anything other than Fire Flower and Cape basically). Out of the main Mario rep suggestions; Toad, Bowser Jr, Waluigi, Paper Mario, Toad seems to fit best as the items and power up character, based on his past roles in the games. As far as I know he's the only one aside from Mario, Luigi and arguably Peach to have used a power up in a main Mario game?

Seen some impressive suggestions for movesets here. Really glad we got past just using Wario Woods as a reference as we did back during Melee.

Also; don't forget Toad's up for rating tomorrow on Groose's thread, so show your support Toad Parade!

It's always nice to see a fellow Toad supporter... and always nice to see someone who's been on the boards longer than I have. :)

Welcome back!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
don't really want toad, but I REALLY think that he's going to be in, I even put him on my roster.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
If I voted, would 70% of me be a woman

Statistically speaking, YUP.

In the exact same way that the average person in the world has one Fallopian tube and one testicle.

UM SOMEHOW WE'VE GOTTEN OFF SUBJECT.

HEY GUYS, do you see Toad using spores to attack?

... maybe to infect enemy players and turn them into fungus zombies?

Warning: Frightening fungus zombie picture inside.

Oh man, what if all the "Toads" are actually normal people who were infected and then subsequently sprouted giant mushroom caps from their heads?

JediSquire

Smash Rookie
Perhaps in a place that you've seen in your dreams
Just poppin in to show my support for Toad, I personally think that if the Mario series gets a new rep Toad is it. Ive been waiting since Melee for him and hopefully this will be his time to shine. If hes playable the first thing ima do is fight Peach and get some revenge for using him a shield lol

Albo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlboAlbo
First post. Kinda new to this stuff, so I'm not that great at posting :p
But if Toad's in Super Smash Bros. 4, Nintendo has officially earned my $60.
And this isn't Smash related, but is Toad the only Mario big 8 character without an official Baby form? There's Baby Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, DK, Bowser, and I think Wario, right?

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
First post. Kinda new to this stuff, so I'm not that great at posting :p
But if Toad's in Super Smash Bros. 4, Nintendo has officially earned my $60.
And this isn't Smash related, but is Toad the only Mario big 8 character without an official Baby form? There's Baby Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, DK, Bowser, and I think Wario, right?

I'd never seen Baby Wario before, huh!

... I like to think that Baby Toad is just the Super Mushroom power-up. :p They are born as little moving mushroom heads and only the ones who are clever enough to avoid being eaten by hungry plumbers get to grow up and enter the ranks of Princess Peach's Toad soldiers.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Statistically speaking, YUP.

In the exact same way that the average person in the world has one Fallopian tube and one testicle.

UM SOMEHOW WE'VE GOTTEN OFF SUBJECT.

HEY GUYS, do you see Toad using spores to attack?

... maybe to infect enemy players and turn them into fungus zombies?

Warning: Frightening fungus zombie picture inside.

Oh man, what if all the "Toads" are actually normal people who were infected and then subsequently sprouted giant mushroom caps from their heads?
I wonder if Toad was actually based off these Japanese fungus monsters but with a cute spin?

I've also wondered that since Toad is both faster and stronger than Mario(as seen in SMB2); how does Bowser ever manage to kidnap Peach seeing as how he loses to the weaker and slower Mario brothers every single game?

Conspiracy theories ho!

JediSquire

Smash Rookie
I wonder if Toad was actually based off these Japanese fungus monsters but with a cute spin?

I've also wondered that since Toad is both faster and stronger than Mario(as seen in SMB2); how does Bowser ever manage to kidnap Peach seeing as how he loses to the weaker and slower Mario brothers every single game?

Conspiracy theories ho!
Ive always thot Bowser just scared them into submission so he wouldnt have to fight them cuz he nows their power lol.And something ive always wondered was if the entire Toad race is that fast and strong or if its only a select few toads that have those charcteristics

Groose

Smash Champion
Ive always thot Bowser just scared them into submission so he wouldnt have to fight them cuz he nows their power lol.And something ive always wondered was if the entire Toad race is that fast and strong or if its only a select few toads that have those charcteristics

Does Tooad even have those characteristics? After all, it was all a dream.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588

Conspiracy theories ho!
It's obviously because he can't jump.

Albo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlboAlbo
It's obviously because he can't jump.
Actually, in Super Mario Bros. 2, he can crouch down, which let's him perform an average jump (this seems to be the case in Super Mario 3D World, I hear). A minigame called "Toad Jump" in Super Princess Peach allows him to perform a kind of flutter jump like Yoshi's, and Blue Toad and Yellow Toad from New Super Luigi U can do this as well. Also, the Toads from the New Super Mario Bros. games are capable of performing as high a jump as Mario and Luigi.
In Super Mario Galaxy 2, it's also stated that Red Toad (captain of the Toad Brigade) can perform a wall kick, if that counts as anything.
So I guess the Toad species has improved on their jumping techniques since Mario 2. But then again, I may be wrong.

I just read what I typed, and I feel like a nerd.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think that Peach and Toads are progressively becoming more and more proactive in each new game.

Super Mario Bros.
Toads were not prepared to guard Peach from Bowser when Bowser kidnapped Peach for the first time... and Mario and Luigi had to jump in and save Peach.

Super Mario Bros. 2
Mario dreamed about having adventures with Luigi, Peach, and Toad... because he wanted Peach and Toad to be strong enough to defend themselves.

Super Mario Bros. 3
Toads might have been prepared to guard Peach from Bowser... but they lacked true leadership... since Mario and Luigi were leading them... and while Mario and Luigi were out saving the Mushroom Kings, Bowser managed to kidnap Peach again.

Super Mario World
Mario, Luigi, and Peach went on a vacation to Dinosaur Land. Toads did not accompany them... and while Mario and Luigi were goofing around with the cape, Bowser kidnapped Peach again.

Super Mario 64
Toads might have been prepared to guard Peach from Bowser... but they lacked experience... for they did not expect Bowser to use magic to steal the Power Stars, imprison Toads inside castle walls, and kidnap Peach again.

Super Mario Sunshine
Mario and Peach went on a vacation again, this time... to Isle Delfino. Toads accompanied Peach this time because they don't want Peach to be kidnapped by Bowser on her vacation again like the last time in Dinosaur Land. Toads were prepared to guard Peach from Bowser... for they had leadership (red Toad who is THE Toad) and experience but they lacked strength... for they were not strong enough to defend Peach from Bowser Jr.

New Super Mario Bros.
Mario and Peach went out for a stroll outside Peach's castle. A dark thunder cloud attacked Peach's castle... and Mario left Peach behind to help Toads at the castle... Peach was left unsupervised and so Bowser Jr. kidnapped Peach again.

Super Princess Peach
Knowing that Peach cannot be left alone unsupervised, a small group of Toads accompanied Peach outside the castle... and Bowser used magic to invade the castle and kidnap Mario & Luigi and the Toads... Bowser did it because he wanted Mario, Luigi, and Toads out of the way so he could kidnap Peach... but Bowser did not anticipate Peach running to rescue them... especially since Peach became empowered with the Vibe powers.

Super Mario Galaxy
Toads try to guard Peach from Bowser's violent invasion but they fail. When Mario went off to space after Bowser and Peach, the Toads took upon themselves to help Mario... and went off to space, too. They still were not much of a help but they are trying.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Toads guard Peach on her birthday... Mario and Luigi were invited to celebrate her birthday but Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings crashed the party and kidnapped Peach (and the cake). Mario and Luigi ran after them per usual but two courageous Toads run behind them to actively help them instead of passively help them.

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Bowser uses magic to become too big for Smash and kidnaps Peach again... Toads regress for a bit but they fly off to space to try to help Mario, even if it's only passively... though the Toads were unfamiliar with galaxies than they were with their native Mushroom Kingdom.

Super Mario 3D Land
A rain storm blows all the Super Leaves off the Tail Tree. Mario and Toads forgot to not leave Peach alone without supervision... but they left Peach alone unsupervised to investigate the barren tree... and Bowser kidnaps Peach again... Peach still was not strong enough to take on Bowser by herself without her Vibe powers.

New Super Mario Bros. 2
Mario and Luigi leave Peach alone unsupervised once again as they fly around for coins. Bowser and the Koopalings kidnap Peach once again... Peach still was not strong enough or experienced enough to defend herself from Bowser on her own, without her Vibe powers.

New Super Mario Bros. U
Bowser's airship punches through Peach's castle... and instead of kidnapping Peach, he throws Mario & Luigi and Toads out of the castle. They travel together toward Peach's castle and rescue Peach.

Super Mario 3D World
Mario's dream finally comes true.... Mario is having adventures with Luigi, Peach, and Toad. Peach and Toad are now strong enough and experienced enough to defend themselves from Bowser on their own (unless the next game undoes their subtle character development).

Albo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlboAlbo
Welp if it was all a dream then ide say he definitely has them lol, but yeah its been stated in different games throughout the series that Toad is especially fast and strong
Not only that, but Luigi and Peach kept their abilities, so maybe Mario's dreams about the three being capable at what they do were inspired by them doing those things in real life.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Rereading my last post here, I realized that Bowser is using more and more powerful magic and heavy artillery to kidnap Peach in each new game... almost as if Bowser knows that the Toads are getting better at guarding Peach... and so Bowser has to resort to magic, brute force, and stealthy tactics to get past the Toads and kidnap Peach.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hopefully, Super Mario 3D World convinces some naysayers that Toad is the most deserving Mario newcomer.

Personally, I am looking forward to the 3DS Virtual Console release for Wario's Woods. It was released on the Japanese 3DS Virtual Console two months ago, so hopefully we will finally get to have this puzzle masterpiece starring Toad as the main protagonist later this year. I have been anticipating a portable version of Wario's Woods for quite a while.

JediSquire

Smash Rookie
Hopefully, Super Mario 3D World convinces some naysayers that Toad is the most deserving Mario newcomer.

Personally, I am looking forward to the 3DS Virtual Console release for Wario's Woods. It was released on the Japanese 3DS Virtual Console two months ago, so hopefully we will finally get to have this puzzle masterpiece starring Toad as the main protagonist later this year. I have been anticipating a portable version of Wario's Woods for quite a while.
I also hope that Super Mario 3d World changes ppl's opinions of toads playability, im aware that ppl think that bowser jr and waluigi are his competition but i think toads got em beat if theres another mario rep. Imo the fact that toad is playable out side of the spinoff games is one of things that really helps his chances

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Is that the NES one or the SNES remake?

Either way that's exciting news. I love that game to bits.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, or even if it's a subject worth talking about, but if Toad was to get in what would you want to see as his other colour schemes?

Personally I'd like the standard Red(normal), Blue, Yellow, Green(perhaps based off the 1up shroom?) and a Toad with the colour scheme of the Poison Mushroom.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Its obviously the NES one. There are no Super Nintendo games available on the 3DS Virtual Console, and the SNES version of Wario's Woods was never made available even on the Wii's Virtual Console. I personally regard the SNES version as the superior version, but both versions of the game are still great in my opinion.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Wario's Woods is a fun game. I have the NES version on my wii.

JediSquire

Smash Rookie

I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, or even if it's a subject worth talking about, but if Toad was to get in what would you want to see as his other colour schemes?

Personally I'd like the standard Red(normal), Blue, Yellow, Green(perhaps based off the 1up shroom?) and a Toad with the colour scheme of the Poison Mushroom.
I would like to see a fire toad color swap, ya know the one with the red cap and white spots

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This is what I want for palette swaps...

Peach's palette swaps
Default - pink dress, blond hair, gold crown, sapphire jewels (Peach)
Red Team - red dress, brown hair, gold crown, gold jewels (based off Pauline)
Blue Team - teal dress, light blond hair, silver crown, gold star jewels (based off Rosalina)
Green Team - green dress, light green hair, emerald crown, diamond jewels (based off Queen Merelda in Wario Land: Shake It!)
Color #1 - yellow/white dress, brown hair, ruby crown, flower jewels (based off the original Daisy)
Color #2 - white/red dress, red hair, gold crown, sapphire jewels (based off NES Peach)

Peach's Toad's palette swaps
Default - blue vest, red spots, white hat, white pants (Toad)
Red Team - red vest, white spots, red hat, white pants (based off Super Mushroom)
Blue Team - blue vest, white spots, blue hat, white pants (based off Mini Mushroom)
Green Team - green vest, white spots, green hat, white pants (based off 1-Up Mushroom)
Color #1 - red vest, white spots, pink hat, pink pants (based off Toadette... suitable for Daisy since they are always in spin-off games)
Color #2 - red vest, red spots, white hat, white pants (Red Toad... also based off Mushroom Retainer... suitable for NES Peach)

Playable Toad's palette swaps
Default - blue vest, red spots, white hat, white pants (Toad)
Red Team - red vest, red spots, white hat, white pants (Red Toad)
Blue Team - blue vest, blue spots, white hat, white pants (Blue Toad... so fans of NSMBWii/U and 3D World can play as Blue Toad)
Green Team - green vest, green spots, white hat, white pants (Green Toad)
Color #1 - purple vest, purple spots, white hat, white pants (Purple Toad)
Color #2 - yellow vest, yellow spots, white hat, white pants (Yellow Toad... so fans of NSMBWii/U can play as Yellow Toad)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'm starting to agree. Toad's getting a lot more roles and with that game is expanding outside the generic characters in NSMB. Now he is a stand alone character who is recognized as suich and not just as a color swap. The issue that stands infront of Toad is his lesser Smash demand and the long list of Mario characters. But he's popular as the poll shows earlier. I figure he'd be a character people who not expect but like. he makes the most sense. I'd love to see him.

.......I wonder if he'll be blue

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Yes, he will be blue... and red... and yellow... and green... and purple... but his default colors will be red spots with blue vest.
No, I'm saying if blue will be the defult since that it how he has appeared the last few games.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I kind of hope not as the default, but I suppose it could go that way.

Toad (aka; the red spot, blue waistcoat one); does appear to be playable briefly in single player, but regular Toad seems to be being pushed aside for Blue Toad of recent. Callback, or are they making Blue Toad an actual character in his own right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom