• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad parade - Oh boy it's Els--- I mean, Rosalina

What do you think will happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That moveset just made me a fan of Toad.

Thank you Chrono.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A great moveset. But i think his power should be 4/5 at most. Yeah, he's more powerful than Mario, Luigi and Peach, BUT not Ganondorf/Ike strong.
If he's that strong and fast, he'll definitely be broken.

:phone:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
And just finished reading the thread. If nothing else interesting to hear people's thoughts on him. Surprised there isn't a generic Mario rep thread though.

Anyways, Toad is my second supporter for SSB from the Mario series (I imagine I'd enjoy playing as Rosalina more, since at worst she's a bizarre Peach clone, but I consider Toad more likely). I'm definitely hoping that he gets in over Daisy, Bowser Junior, and Waluigi (especially Waluigi, as the other two might offer something interesting potentially, as unlikely and undeserving of the spot as they might be). I imagine if he gets in he'd definitely be one of the figures I'd play as, and I can only hope that he's fun and enjoyable.
OVER BOSWER JR.?, you must be thinking wrong.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I really hope that Toad gets in over Bowser Jr.

If we get a new Mario character.

Me too. I've been wanting Toad in Smash ever since I saw Peach and the Subcon stage in Melee.

If Toad were playable in Smash, I could have a SMB2-themed match or a NSMBWii-themed match (thanks to palette swaps).

I could even have a Toad vs. Wario match too! With Bob-ombs as the only item turned on. :awesome:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, I'd say Toad > Bowser Jr. as well.

Although Bowser Jr. would easily be my second choice for a new Mario character.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Toad > Bowser Jr. > Paper Mario > Dr. Mario > Waluigi > everyone else > Geno

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Bowser Jr. = Toad >Waluigi >Paper Mario > Doc > Everyone else.

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Rosalina + Luma > Toad > Daisy > Bowser Junior > Paper Mario > Waluigi > Technically lots of others I'd like, but as those are the ones I've seen most thrown around with the exception of Rosalina whom I like a lot, I just listed those. Rosalina (especially with a Luma) I can see being very, very fun to play as, which is mostly why I support her so much. Unless they turned her into a DK clone (which... isn't really plausible) I'd main her. Daisy ranks so high because worst case scenario she's a Peach clone, and I like Peach a lot, and tend to like the "Luigi" of the various pairs more than the original as it is (though not always). Bowser Junior then gets in simply due to a major dislike of Waluigi, since I can't imagine any possible way I'd like his moveset. Junior at least might be a Bowser but lighter/faster, which is fine with me, even if I'd prefer a more unique moveset.

phate

Smash Apprentice
Toad is already playable since Melee. Pick Peach and press B you lunatics.

Anyway I'm calling Toad as a shoe-in for Peach's B again, nothing more.

phate

Smash Apprentice

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
No new addition = Toad > Bowser Jr. = (I say = BEGRUDGINGLY) Paper Mario > There is no one else worth consideration.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Lol, the comparisons have gotten far enough. Let's change the topic
@phate
Presence of toad =/= Playable. If that were the case, we wouldn't be supporting toad in sm4sh.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

"Charizard is already playable in Smash since 64- just pick the pokeball and if he comes out, there you have him you peasants.

Anyway I'm calling him to be a shoe-in as a pokeball in the next game."

And then the plot thickened.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Waddle Dee is already playable in Smash since Brawl. Pick Dedede and press Side B you peasants.

Little Mac/Lyn/Starfy/Isaac/Waluigi/Tingle is already playable in Smash. Put Assist Trophies and spam them until they appear you doofuses.

Charizard is already playable in Smash since Melee: just get that pokeball and wait him to come out--- WAIT
Dunno if this is sarcasm or not. :?:

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Lots of sarcasm, but nice. Because it's entirely accurate. We can still get Toad, despite his role in past Smash games. Just as we got Charizard. His old role may not even be altered, though I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't it be awesome if we were watching E3 and the Smash trailer and we see Peach use her "Toad" move and we all get discouraged but then Toad gets fed up, jumps out of her grasp and knocks out Peach off the stage... Lol

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I like Peach myself. I'd rather see the Toad jump out of her arms and attack whoever attacked her instead. Similar in terms of Toad actually doing more than what he does normally, but not against Peach. Alternatively having her pull Toadsworth out could be equally surprising, even if we see no Toad. Though I wouldn't want that unless Toad is a playable character, otherwise it's just leading up to disappointment.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am really curious what is going to happen with a Mario newcomer considering that Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, and Waluigi are pretty much all on par with each other in terms of requests for Smash 4.

I think of these four Waluigi is definitely the least likely due to being far less important in the main Mario series (like Toad and Bowser Jr. are) or not having his own spinoff series like Paper Mario has.

Its even possible we do not even get a Mario newcomer at all.

As I said weeks ago, Toad is enjoying more requests for Smash Bros. than even has ever had before. Those New Super Mario Bros. games really helped him. However, even with a massive increase in requests, Toad is still not considered the default newcomer for Mario, like Rdley is considered for Metroid or K. Rool is considered for DK. Toad is definitely the most iconic of the four requested Mario newcomers, but he is definitely not seen as the default newcomer for the Mario series.

To be fair, at the very least Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario do have enough importance within the Mario franchise to warrant playable status. However, the same is also true for Dixie Kong (seen as a character worthy enough to become playable in Smash 4), yet K. Rool is unanimously seen as next in line for DK.

I don't think much can be done to boost Toad's support for Smash 4 as there is a lot of people who have grievances about the character (as well as the other three popularly requested Mario newcomers), and all four of these characters have had made recent appearances in games.

A Mario newcomer is not going to come down to popularity, but rather whomever Sakurai feels is the most deserving of a playable spot (if he feels any of them are worthy enough).

There is also the fact that any Mario newcomer would most likely be a hidden character. There is a possibility that Toad could be confirmed on the Dojo, however, due to the relative minor status of most of these Mario character (despite how iconic and well known they all are) within the series, they will probably become hidden characters if they were to get in at all.

As such, Toad fans (along with Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, and Waluigi fans) would basically have to wait until Smash 4's release (or an Assist Trophy based de-confirmation) to find out whether the character they support will make it into Smash 4.

I would definitely like to see Toad in Smash 4 and I would be pleasantly surprised if he got in, but I would not be disappointed if he failed to make it in. I just think Toad is among the few iconic Nintendo characters not yet playable in Smash Bros. and that at this point he deserves playable status.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Imagine if we do get Toad though. We'll have Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad...All original playable characters from SMB2! Nostalgic!

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Toad is a great fighter. Nintendo Power even agrees. This is from issue #1

Though I'm knowledgeable in many of the new Mario games I'm more of a classic person. So my choices are.
Toad > Birdo > Kamek > everyone else

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I was recently playing through Mario Kart 64, and I greatly prefer Toad's voice there over his modern one. Heck, I prefer his voice through much of the Nintendo 64 era over his modern voice.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Imagine if we do get Toad though. We'll have Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad...All original playable characters from SMB2! Nostalgic!
SMB2 event match would have your character of choice against Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad.

NSMBW+U event match would have Bowser or your character of choice against Mario, Luigi, and two Toads (one in blue palette swap and one in yellow palette swap).

Wario's Woods event match would have Toad (you) against Wario... or Wario (you) against two Toads (one in red palette swap and one in green palette swap).

Mario Kart event match would have your character of choice against Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Wario, and Bowser (the Mario Kart 64 cast).

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Yeah, I could totally see them do an event match SMB2 related, which would be awesome.

I was recently playing through Mario Kart 64, and I greatly prefer Toad's voice there over his modern one. Heck, I prefer his voice through much of the Nintendo 64 era over his modern voice.
"Yah-hooo!" "I'm the best!"

I prefer Toad's classic voice over his modern one as well (although the guy who did the voice of Mario Kart 64 Toad seems to be a one-time thing). Toad just sounds really raspy in some newer games...Like as in ear bleeding raspy. :/

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
But, I love his modern raspy smoker voice. It only compliments his part mushroom appearance.:awesome:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
^ Lol, it makes sense though.

But seriously, this is why I don't like playing Toad in Mario Kart Wii. I just can't stand his voice, as dumb as that sounds. You know what it sounds like? It sounds like they took Toad's lines, "Yahooo!" "Weeeee!" and whatever, and turned the vibrato up to eleven. It sounds really weird, not even normal. Or I guess it is normal for the Toad species.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm not a fan of his current voice, especially after playing NSMB Wii. His Mario Kart 64 voice is way better.

Supermario12

Smash Apprentice
Correction:
Bowser Jr.=Toad>Paper Mario>Waluigi>Rosajina

Paper Mario wouldn't be a Mario Rep he would be a Paper Mario Rep. He's not like Toon Link. When Toon Link is in a Zelda game, it's still Titled "The Legend of Zelda", not "The Toon Legend of Zelda". When Paper Mario stars in a game is called "PAPER MARIO". It's two different series.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Paper Mario wouldn't be a Mario Rep he would be a Paper Mario Rep. He's not like Toon Link. When Toon Link is in a Zelda game, it's still Titled "The Legend of Zelda", not "The Toon Legend of Zelda". When Paper Mario stars in a game is called "PAPER MARIO". It's two different series.
That's like saying the Mario and Luigi games wouldn't represent Mario. They would represent the Mario and Luigi series. Paper Mario falls under the wide range of Mario RPG. He would be counted as a Mario rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom