• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad parade - Oh boy it's Els--- I mean, Rosalina

What do you think will happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I 'm thinking about including Toad on my predition roster just for the heck of it. He was teased like Ridley was, after all (just to a lesser extent).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I was thinking that maybe Toad fans should do what Ridley and King K. Rool fans are planning to do if they are deconfirmed... get gaming journalists to question Sakurai about Toad... find out why Toad is still not playable... ask him if Sakurai ever considered Toad at all... it would be nice to find out what Sakurai thinks about Toad... I mean, we know what Sakurai said about Ridley... that he's pretty impossible but with effort, he would be slow... and counter arguments were made to defend Ridley... and it would plant in Sakurai's head that people still want Toad.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I was thinking that maybe Toad fans should do what Ridley and King K. Rool fans are planning to do if they are deconfirmed... get gaming journalists to question Sakurai about Toad... find out why Toad is still not playable... ask him if Sakurai ever considered Toad at all... it would be nice to find out what Sakurai thinks about Toad... I mean, we know what Sakurai said about Ridley... that he's pretty impossible but with effort, he would be slow... and counter arguments were made to defend Ridley... and it would plant in Sakurai's head that people still want Toad.
Not a bad idea. I'm not entirely sure how to go about it, but it'd be nice to get a verbal verdict on Toad from Sakurai regardless of what he says. It'd at the very least give some closure to fans.

Not that verbal verdicts are always final(hey Villager) but it'd be nice to see if Sakurai had even ever considered the mushroom man having a fanbase. Not that this means Toad would for sure get in the next iteration...after all, Sakurai did acknowledge Geno, but I can't see that one happening anytime soon...

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Sakurai acknowledged Geno? When did he do that?
Wasn't it when fans sent in suggestions they'd like to see as playable in Brawl? Geno was surprisingly high up and I was fairly sure Sakurai commented on how surprised he was Geno was so high. I'll see if I can find a source later, if no one debunks this first.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Welp! Looks like the whole damn thing got deleted, but these were the characters on the Sakurai's poll;

Cheer Squad (Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!)
Kalas (Batten Kaitos)
Megaman (Megaman)
Claus (MOTHER 3)
Lucas (MOTHER 3) - CONFIRMED!
King K. Rool (DK Country)
King Dedede (Kirby) - CONFIRMED!
Geno (Super Mario Bros. RPG)
Professor Kawashima (Brain Age)
Sigurd (Fire Emblem)
Black Shadow (F-Zero)
Dragon Chan (Super Punch-Out!!!)
G-Red (Gotchaforce)
Hammer Bros. (Super Mario Bros.) - AT!
Oguma (Fire Emblem)
Captain Olimar (Pikmin) - CONFIRMED!
Lip (Panel de Pon)
Ike (Fire Emblem) - CONFIRMED!
Black Knight (Fire Emblem)
Toad (Super Mario Bros. 2) - Peach B move
Lolo and Lala (Kirby)
Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
Ray 01 (Custom Robo) - AT!
Princess Katia (Lost Kingdom)
Sukapon (Joy Mecha Fight)
Colonel Volgin (Metal Gear Solid 3)
Lupus (Jet Force Gemini)
Ganondorf/Ganon (Legend of Zelda) - CONFIRMED!
Link (Wind Waker) - Toon Link CONFIRMED!
Ninten (MOTHER)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Ridley (Metroid) - BOSS!
Takamaru (Nazo no Murasamejou)
Little Mac (Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!!) - AT!
Diddy & Dixie Kong (DK Country) [Ice Climber-type is sugested] - Diddy confirmed solo
Jeff (Earthbound)
Donbe (Shin Oni ga Shima)
Power Pro (Jikkyo Power Pro Baseball)
Chibi Robo (Chibi Robo)
Tetra (Wind Waker)
Harry (Teleroboxer)
James Bond (Goldeneye)
Tom Nook (Animal Crossing) - In BG of Smashville stage
Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong Country) - CONFIRMED!
Mia (Fire Emblem)
Krystal (Star Fox)
Peppy (Star Fox)
Slippy (Star Fox)
Wolf (Star Fox) - CONFIRMED!
Petey Piranha (Mario Sunshine) - BOSS!
Link's Uncle (A Link to the Past)
Dr. Wright (Sim City) - AT!
Thomas (Kung-Fu)
Infantry (Famicom Wars) - AT!
Blue Virus (Dr. Mario)
Isaac (Golden Sun) - AT!
Urban Champion guys
Nabaru (Fire Emblem)
Magnus (Ogre Battle)
Furil (Panel de Pon 2)
Palutenia (Kid Icarus) - in Pit's Final Smash.
Medusa (Kid Icarus)
Eggplant Wizard (Kid Icarus)
Felix (Golden Sun)
Chain Chomp (Mario)
Koopa Troopa (Mario) - ENEMY!
Muddy (Mole Mania)
Famicom Detective Club characters
Banker (Mario Paint)
Marx (Kirby Superstar)
Vivian (Paper Mario)
Hero/Heroine (Magical Vacation)
Gardevoir (Pokemon) - POKEBALL!
Soren (Fire Emblem)
Jill (Drill Dozer) - AT!
Demille (Tomato Adventure)
Tomato Robot Attack?
Human (Animal Crossing) - in BG of Smashville stage
Mallow (Super Mario RPG)
Master Hand (Super Smash Bros.)
Crazy Hand (SSBM)
Weavel (Metroid Prime: Hunters)
Sylux (Metroid Prime: Hunters)
Noxus (Metroid Prime: Hunters)
Steven Stone (Pokemon)
Sheeda (Fire Emblem 1)
Maji/Saji [identical twins] (Fire Emblem 1)
Jeigan (Fire Emblem 1)
Paula (Earthbound)
Poo (Earthbound)
Kumatora (Mother 3)

This was taken from GameFAQS with the some of the top suggestions from the Brawl poll, but I seem to recall Sakurai commenting on how surprised he was Geno was nominated multiple times. Can't seem to locate it anywhere though so maybe I dreamt it?
(also to keep on topic; Toad was a top nomination too; not sure if we can take that as a plus but hey; Villager's on the list as "human" and Little Mac too. But then so is Chain Chomp...maybe that's why it's an AT now?)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, that's something, at least. Nintendo needs to recognize that Toad has a fanbase. This is why it is up to us, Toad fans, to enthusiastically support Toad whenever we give Nintendo our solicited opinions via Club Nintendo surveys. That is exactly what I did when I registered the NSMBWii, SMG2, SM3DL, NSMB2, NSMBU + NSLU, and SM3DW... they are the major post-Brawl Mario games. I even sang my praises for Toad when I registered Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, and Mario Kart 7 for a good measure. Why? Because Toad is one of my favorite Mario characters ever since I played SMB2 and I wish Nintendo would make Toad playable in more main Mario games... and those games would influence the gaming public's opinion on Toad in a positive way... he got negative stereotypes such as being useless, being generic and being not heroic since he was mismanaged by Nintendo during the N64 and Gamecube years... and I wish to change that.

D

Deleted member

Adventures of Captain Toad: The Game?

So this is why there is no playable Toad for the Mario series.....Captain Toad will represent his own series. :troll:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Interesting find, Scat.

I'd seen suggestions over Miiverse(and game review websites) for expanding the Captain Toad levels to a whole game, but never put stock in them actually considering it.

Naturally I'm for it. Luigi, Yoshi, DK, Wario, and even Princess Peach have had a stab at spinoffing. Why not Toad?

Also looks like we are in actual fact getting an official "The Toad" in Captain Toad since it sounds like he's going to be a permanent cast member.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I understand this is old news but I just found out about it today. I am shocked that Nintendo finally added Toad as a playable character in a Mario Golf game. It is about time!

Now if they would add Toad back to the roster in a future Mario Tennis game... but seriously, maybe Nintendo is actually doing something with Toad now that they finally recognized his popularity.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I understand this is old news but I just found out about it today. I am shocked that Nintendo finally added Toad as a playable character in a Mario Golf game. It is about time!

Now if they would add Toad back to the roster in a future Mario Tennis game... but seriously, maybe Nintendo is actually doing something with Toad now that they finally recognized his popularity.
Camelot adding Toad to their sports rosters? Did they finally run out of Yoshi recolours?

I already reacted to this news.

Oh and Rosalina's part of some season pass DLC. Worth it imo since it's Rosalina (And I got no qualms against her) :D

Season Pass DLC for Mario Golf? Season Pass CHARACTER DLC? In a Nintendo game?!?

Is...is this progress? I'm not sure.
Probably. It's something.

Considering that this is his first time but.... eh.

Anyway, Super Mario 3D World-2 would be considered progress or some new game about Toad would be actual progress but that ain't likely to happen unless some bird from the sky somehow falls and lands on Iwata's head or Miyamoto's head

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Well aren't things looking good for Toad.. again!

It's like even if Smash doesn't seem to appreciate him, in his home series he's beloved for years to come. And it's even more apparent than before.

Well aren't things looking good for Toad.. again!

It's like even if Smash doesn't seem to appreciate him, in his home series he's beloved for years to come. And it's even more apparent than before.
Toad and Rosalina's gradual role increase is much welcomed for me

I'm fine with Toad not getting into Smash 4 for now. Get it? 4 For now? :troll:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm fine with Toad not getting into Smash 4 for now. Get it? 4 For now? :troll:

However, I agree it's nice to see Toad starting to get a little more respect from the Mario series itself. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come.

Whilst Rosalina is getting pushed forward it's nice to see certain other individuals aren't getting totally ignored for her; Koopalings, Kamek and Toad are also getting character boosts within the series...almost as if Nintendo have just discovered they both have quite a lot of fans.

Wait; Nabbit was part of that Mushroom Tour pack too? Think he might end up being a reoccurring character too?

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Oh my god, did they FINALLY add Toad as a playable character in a Mario Golf ? It only took... I don't know... 5 or 6 entries for them to do so ?

But now I know I have to get this game, Mario Golf Toadstool Tour was pretty fun on both the Gamecube and the GBA.

Well, if Peach & Toad are in, then I know who I'm maining (always the pitiful ones when it comes to strength, but their technique is much appreciated. Hopefully Petey will be back too.

The Yoshi recolors in Mario Tennis Open was the biggest joke ever. The worst thing being that, on French forums, everyone was telling me how ungrateful I was and how nice it was to have 'new' characters while they were nothing more than recolors... They even went as far as to say that Nintendo would make other characters like Toad. Yeah, right, my ***.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I have always favored Mario Tennis over Mario Golf... but I think Mario Golf 3DS has a better roster than Mario Tennis 3DS... and I never played a Mario Golf game before... the inclusions of Toad, Rosalina, Toadette, Birdo, Kamek, Paratroopa (always preferred this over Koopa Troopa and Dry Bones) and Nabbit are tempting me to buy my first Mario Golf game... I don't think I want Mario Tennis 3DS because playing as Dry Bowser, Metal Mario, and the Yoshi recolors don't excite me. Too many cons overweight the few pros, you see...

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Well, Mario Tennis is usually better when it comes to the RPG aspect of it, but since the one on the 3DS lacked any story or any interesting mode for that matter, it became dull quite early (not to mention that the roster sucked, let's be honest, as did the online mode). There was also the fact that you couldn't do anything to remove the colored zones to play normal matches, so the flow of the game was more often than not dictated by the one who was serving.

Mario Golf is different than Mario Tennis as it's less fast-paced than it, it's not for everyone. But if you want to have a slight glimpse of the game, play the demo ! ^^

I've taken a look at the official website and it seems to be pretty complete in my opinion (there's a story mode which is always my favorite part in these games). The modes from Toadstool Tour are once again in, and it seems you have seven courses (if I may call them that way) from the beginning. I suppose the DLC will actually add three more worlds, so I will take it (even though I'm really disgusted by the price. I mean, $15 isn't 15 euros).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
According to MarioWiki, it looks like the golf courses from Mario Golf 64 might be DLC in Mario Golf 3DS. So, it probably has way more than seven courses.

andimidna

Smash Master
What? That, if Ridley is actually playable and was only teased as disconfirmed, that the same could apply to Toad?

Do you see who's in this picture?

An apricot Luma.
A red Luma.
A blue Luma.
A green Luma.
A yellow Luma.

Guess who's playable in Smash?

I haven't seen this said before.
But a generic character is both a cameo and playable in a team...
Did you guys consider this?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

An apricot Luma.
A red Luma.
A blue Luma.
A green Luma.
A yellow Luma.

Interesting. No, I hadn't considered that.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Impossible. It makes absolutely no sense for Rosalina to use Lumas in her moveset if there are Lumas in the background. It is a paradox. I mean, that's why a Toad cannot be playable. Peach uses a Toad and it makes no sense for Toads to be in two places at the same time. :crazy:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Luma's pulling off Pseudo-Alfonso?

I think my bigger concern is that what does Toad now have to bring on table that hasn't already been surpassed by very uniquely crafted puppeteer moveset for Rosie. I still believe also that Toad being Mario's semi-clone wouldn't do him very much justice, sonce we have Luigi out there. Unless Sakurai's holding Toad under his sleeve with an unique moveset and identity, I don't find him hopeful at this point.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481

An apricot Luma.
A red Luma.
A blue Luma.
A green Luma.
A yellow Luma.

That...
Is actually a really good point. Good thought.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I didn't think of it that way either, but at the same time I didn't think it was that much of a problem to have two Toad, one playable and the other Peach's neutral B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom