• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad parade - Oh boy it's Els--- I mean, Rosalina

What do you think will happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shalashaska

Banned via Warnings
I had a specials only moveset for Toad a while back that included Ice Ball as a Standard Special and Propeller Block as an Up Special.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Looks like Nintendo might be working on a new Mario game for the Wii U... and it would use the Game Pad more...

Hope that Toad(s) still have a major role (aka playable) in this game, too... The Adventures of Captain Toad in Super Mario 3D World seemed to use the Game Pad extensively than the main game.

Link

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
The fact that there will be no more transformations, in my opinion, has a huge effect on Toad's Chances. Here's what I mean:
The way I see it, Greninja's reveal indicates that PKMN Trainer, Squirtle, and Ivysaur have been removed in favor of Mewtwo and Greninja, with Charizard as the only survivor. This means that, if I'm correct, there will be 6 pokemon slots on the screen, Pikachu, Jiggs, Charizard, Greninja, Lucario and Mewtwo.
If Rosalina is the only new mario character, the fact that Pokemon was given more characters than Mario will be undebatable. If Zelda gets a newcomer, It'll undeniably have more characters as well.
In conclusion, the chance of mario getting a sixth rep has increased drastically. With any luck, It might be Toad.

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
The fact that there will be no more transformations, in my opinion, has a huge effect on Toad's Chances. Here's what I mean:
The way I see it, Greninja's reveal indicates that PKMN Trainer, Squirtle, and Ivysaur have been removed in favor of Mewtwo and Greninja, with Charizard as the only survivor. This means that, if I'm correct, there will be 6 pokemon slots on the screen, Pikachu, Jiggs, Charizard, Greninja, Lucario and Mewtwo.
If Rosalina is the only new mario character, the fact that Pokemon was given more characters than Mario will be undebatable. If Zelda gets a newcomer, It'll undeniably have more characters as well.
In conclusion, the chance of mario getting a sixth rep has increased drastically. With any luck, It might be Toad.
Or Dr. Mario returning along some others Melee veterans.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Wait a minute... Let me check.... (http://smashbros-miiverse.com/characters/peach)

Oh right. I forgot about that one. Oh and I saw this one

Whoops. Didn't see that there either. Must have let that slip by. Still gonna blindly assume that it doesn't mean anything even though it may or may not actually mean something.

You know, be negative and not expect anything at all :T

Not that type of trolling. I meant the dumb-*** manner of trolling that people accuse him for like snubbing characters on purpose (Waluigi) for example which was only done once or basically doing things that would piss people off.

I'm not even that mad or anything considering that I am gonna main the very character that seems to have "killed" Toad (Not really killed but you get the context).

The guy does not say anything about the two looking similar. Where's the text?

I'm sorry, this is all nonsense.
At the bottom of the page YOU linked, it states itself "All pictures of moves for all characters are gathered from official sources and from pictures and videos without detailed explanations, and some are subject to change."

All pictures of moves for all characters are gathered from official sources and from pictures and videos without detailed explanations, and some are subject to change.

All pictures of moves for all characters are gathered from official sources and from pictures and videos without detailed explanations, and some are subject to change.

As I had said Before, sakurai stated in a miiverse post, and VERY EXPLICITLY AGAIN in the Nintendo direct, that there could still be changes to what he is showing.

Also, you state 'all of peachs moves have been shown,' when again, the link you provided only shows a couple. Does she only have five moves total now?

So, in short, what exactly were you trying to prove?

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
@ Zzuxon Zzuxon **can someone fuse these posts? it hits reply sometimes instead of edit**

I think it could have been assumed before that there was a great chance the big three series would get six reps.
But, this is assuming Jigglypuff is even still in, or that Mewtwo returns.
But is this really anything? Pokemon had six playables last game, and Zelda five, if you want to get technical.
This really doesnt mean anything, though I can understand how it would change the visualization of the balance, as I certainly used to feel that way.

At the bottom of the page YOU linked, it states itself "All pictures of moves for all characters are gathered from official sources and from pictures and videos without detailed explanations, and some are subject to change."

As I had said Before, sakurai stated in a miiverse post, and VERY EXPLICITLY AGAIN in the Nintendo direct, that there could still be changes to what he is showing.

Also, you state 'all of peachs moves have been shown,' when again, the link you provided only shows a couple. Does she only have five moves total now?

Last edited:
I know that
I know that
I said, I was wrong. That's why I said, "Whoops"
I checked if I was forgetting something

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Why couldn't they have shown Bowser Jr. as an Assist Trophy yesterday?!?!

Or as a stage hazard on Mario Galaxy stage...

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
@ Zzuxon Zzuxon **can someone fuse these posts? it hits reply sometimes instead of edit**

I think it could have been assumed before that there was a great chance the big three series would get six reps.
I disagree.
But, this is assuming Jigglypuff is even still in, or that Mewtwo returns.
I seriously doubt they won't be present, but that is true.
But is this really anything? Pokemon had six playables last game, and Zelda five, if you want to get technical.
Yes, PKMN had 6 movesets but 4 characters. The trainer was 1 character with 3 movesets. That is no longer the case. With the removal of transformations it becomes MUCH harder to justify giving PKMN more than mario.
This really doesnt mean anything, though I can understand how it would change the visualization of the balance, as I certainly used to feel that way.
My responses in bold.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
My responses in bold.
Why?
Look at it from this point of view: in Melee, the second of the franchise with only twenty five character, there were five mario reps.
Two games later, with what is looking to be close to double the roster..... we are only back at five reps for the most important franchise Nintendo has ever had?

Eh.

@ Berserker. Berserker. my bad mate, thought it was sarcastic

Last edited:

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
It just occurred to me that with customized movesets, Peach's neutral B move could be modified so that Toad is not a meat shield. Perhaps Toad would be sent out to fight and defend the princess much like Zelda's new phantom move. It's not the playable status we want, but it's a more respectful option to those who want to see Toad fight.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It just occurred to me that with customized movesets, Peach's neutral B move could be modified so that Toad is not a meat shield. Perhaps Toad would be sent out to fight and defend the princess much like Zelda's new phantom move. It's not the playable status we want, but it's a more respectful option to those who want to see Toad fight.
This better not be what Sakurai meant by "refreshing" her moves... I mean, why single her out if it applies to everyone?

We saw what Sakurai did with Samus, Zelda, Zero Suit Samus, and Sheik... I wish Sakurai had shown us Peach's refreshed moves, too.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This better not be what Sakurai meant by "refreshing" her moves... I mean, why single her out if it applies to everyone?

We saw what Sakurai did with Samus, Zelda, Zero Suit Samus, and Sheik... I wish Sakurai had shown us Peach's refreshed moves, too.
Perhaps there is too big of a change for him to have thrown it in and he is saving it.
Like, Toad being out of her moveset.

But ya know, just speculation.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
We just saw Peach use Toad on the Pilotwings stage at the Smash Direct. Then again, most of the Pics of the Day that we have seen so far seem to come from the Smash Direct.... so everything we have seen on the Smash Direct might be changed in the finished product like Sakurai said at the beginning of the Smash Direct... but as far as I am concerned, Toad is 100% deconfirmed from SSB4... at this point, I am just hoping that Nintendo keeps giving Toad important roles (storywise and playable) in the future main Mario games and give Toad more love in the future spin-off games (playable roles in Tennis/Golf, being a team captain in Sluggers/Strikers, having his own stages, etc.).... but ultimately, I wish Nintendo would give Toad his own games like Luigi, Yoshi, and Wario have.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
@ Arcadenik Arcadenik

Sounds like its not 100 percent to you. That means completely, and you clearly have even just the slightest doubt.

Sixth, to me, could easily be paper mario.

@ Arcadenik Arcadenik

Sounds like its not 100 percent to you. That means completely, and you clearly have even just the slightest doubt.

Sixth, to me, could easily be paper mario.
Honestly if it could be anyone, I guess P Mario would be my choice (If I cross Toad out which is the same thing Arcadenik did) but irrationally speaking, I don't want him for very unfair reasons.

I like his concept but he just came from a (in my opinion) a very forgetful Mario game. Now it's not bad by all means.... Okay, maybe I was lying there. I think that's gonna ruin my opinion on Paper Mario. I know maybe some of you guys liked Paper Mario 3D but for me, I didn't like it so... :|

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
The only Paper Mario Game you've played is sticker star?
You Poor Thing, go get the N64 and GCN installments.

The only Paper Mario Game you've played is sticker star?
You Poor Thing, go get the N64 and GCN installments.
Yeeeah

I already did play the other 2 AND Super Paper Mario

Like I said, I'm not sure about Paper Mario but this is me being irrational. Only reason why I'm sort of against him is because he came off from a forgettable game

Yep, that's pretty much it. It's unfair. I like the franchise but the recent game.... I... uh... it's bad

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
But anyway, Sticker Star was horrible.
Understatement right there.

In fact I personally blame Sticker Star for why Rosalina ended up being our Mario newcomer:

She's the only one of the potential Mario newcomers* not on the box, thus is not associated with this abomination.

Sakurai saw this cover and instantly removed Toad, Jr. AND Paper Mario from his newcomer options.

*Waluigi counts as Wario now. One less rival for next Smash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If Sakurai somehow sees the error of his ways and adds Toad as a newcomer in SSB4 (he won't), I would like to have the SMB2 Melee stage come back on SSB4 3DS just so we could have Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad battling it out in Subcon.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
That's at least 100 times better than just getting it in the face and moving his arms in a haphazard way like a total moron, which is what he currently does. But yes, I'm still hoping for Toad ! The direct was actually the first 'news' that really made me smile. So far there were only bad news as far as I was concerned, since I wasn't particularly hyped about the revealed characters (Megaman is great, but I expected him so yeah).

And yes, I'd love to be able to make Peach, Toad, Mario and Luigi battle on Subcon !

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This is truly epic! I could just like this picture a hundred times over but I am limited to one like.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm a Ridley and Toad supporter, many others must be too @ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad

thinls *Now, what picture could I exploit from you*

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice
Maaaaaaaaannnnnn if Toad and Ridley got revealed like this.... HOLY *insert exclamation of nonsensical fanramblings* it would probably be one of the best smash videos ever released. EVER. (Let's face it, all of us would be giddy as heck.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom