• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad parade - Oh boy it's Els--- I mean, Rosalina

What do you think will happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
It's a theory that was mentioned yesterday, but I think most the Toad supporters are well aware this is most likely a Toon Link exclusive thing and thus are avoiding setting themselves up for disappointment again.

Still it's fun to joke about it and see non Toad supporters flip out thinking we're still grasping at straws.
If it happens when you don't expect it then it makes his inclusion all the more satisfying and you don't feel as much disappointment when he's not.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
The fact that Peach uses a Toad for a meatshield really shouldn't have any effects on his inclusion as a playable character, unlike this whole Toon Link thing. Toon Link represents all of the "toony" Zelda games, so it's a reasonable touch for Conductor Link to be replaced on that stage. Toads, however, have always run around in droves, even when a specific one is playable.

One thing I would like to see is Toad changing colors depending on Peach's costume, especially if he doesn't make the playable roster. Standard Red Toad with her pink dress, Blue Toad with her blue, Yellow Toad with her Daisy dress, etc. If one Toad does become playable, this would still be in the same vein as all of the Mario games and the myriad of retainers/brigaders. Just a thought.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
The fact that Peach uses a Toad for a meatshield really shouldn't have any effects on his inclusion as a playable character, unlike this whole Toon Link thing. Toon Link represents all of the "toony" Zelda games, so it's a reasonable touch for Conductor Link to be replaced on that stage. Toads, however, have always run around in droves, even when a specific one is playable.

One thing I would like to see is Toad changing colors depending on Peach's costume, especially if he doesn't make the playable roster. Standard Red Toad with her pink dress, Blue Toad with her blue, Yellow Toad with her Daisy dress, etc. If one Toad does become playable, this would still be in the same vein as all of the Mario games and the myriad of retainers/brigaders. Just a thought.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I just beaten Super Mario 3-D World, I'm beginning to appreciate the mushroom head more, and well when I unlocked Rosalina, I began maining here more now. Speed is always fun though.

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice
Admittedly Seizer's not THE Grim Reaper, but he does insta kill you if he touches you when he teleports in, so one could make an argument for having at least that similar ability.
Ah, Seizer, that was his name, I couldn't recall it for the life of me.

Though the amount of times I died before I realised:
1) How to hurt him.
2) That his phasing instantly kills you. (So easy to get yourself trapped. Toad is only so fast at running up vertical stacks or walls.)

I'd like to see more of a major Goomba such as Goombella get more spotlight as well, though I'm a little more biased for Goombario (even though I have not played a Paper Mario game).
I only got to borrow PM: TYD for a little bit, so never finished the game, but I can safely say that the companions were part that I probably enjoyed the most whilst playing the game. If you ever get the chance to play one then I think you'd really enjoy it, (especially if you like some of the companions already.)

Well, MarioWiki settled on the issue at least. Though I plan on trying to settle the whole "Toad" thing once and for all with an analyzing video.
Drop us the link when you've done it, I'd quite like to watch it.

I just beaten Super Mario 3-D World, I'm beginning to appreciate the mushroom head more, and well when I unlocked Rosalina, I began maining here more now. Speed is always fun though.
Yes speed is pretty fun and incredibly useful for timed levels in the game. Though I have to admit some of the speed runs I died on because Toad was too fast, and some of those sharp turns were pretty nasty to try and turn around quick enough on. Though most of the time, Toad is perfect for the speed runs.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
In my Mario headcanon, I like to keep things simple... so when it comes to Toads...

THE Toad
- Toad (SMB2)
- 1P Toad (Wario's Woods)
- Toad (Super Mario RPG)
- Toad (Luigi's Mansion)
- Red Toad (Sunshine)
- Captain Toad (Galaxy games)
- Red Toad (3D Land)
- Red Toad (Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon)
- Captain Toad (3D World)
- Toad (sports/party spin-off games)

Blue Toad
- Blue Toad (Sunshine)
- Blue Toad (NSMB games)
- Blue Toad Galaxy games)
- Blue Toad (3D Land)
- Blue Toad (Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon)
- Toad (3D World)
- Blue Toad (sports/party spin-off games)

Yellow Toad
- Yellow Toad (Sunshine)
- Yellow Toad (NSMB games)
- Yellow Toad (Galaxy games)
- Yellow Toad (3D Land)
- Yellow Toad (Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon)
- Yellow Toad (3D World)
- Yellow Toad (sports/party spin-off games)

Green Toad
- 2P Toad (Wario's Woods)
- Green Toad (Sunshine)
- Banktoad (Galaxy games)
- Green Toad (Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon)
- Green Toad (3D World)
- Green Toad (sports/party spin-off games)

Purple Toad
- Purple Toad (Sunshine)
- Mailtoad (Galaxy games)
- Purple Toad (Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon)
- Purple Toad (3D World)
- Purple Toad (sports/party spin-off games)

Generic Toads
- Mushroom Retainers (SMB1 + Lost Levels)
- Toad Houses (SMB3)
- Toads (SM64)
- Toad Houses (NSMB games except the first one)
- Toad Houses (3D Land)
- Toads (RPG games)
- Toad Shield (Smash games)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I personally go with this for the whole Toad-mess in 3D World:

Captain Toad is something you call a wandering hero that looks like a Toad. I think there's someone I'd want to compare him at but can't remember now who...

Anyway, just to inform you all, 3D World OST has been put on internet now, so until Nintendo bothers to release it for rest of the world... grabbity-grab and enjoy the tunes~!

D

Deleted member

One thing that occurred to me that I figured I'd troll you guys with.

....even if the SMB2 Toad was a specific individual.....

.....wouldn't he theoretically be non-canon? :troll: Since SMB2 was just a dream and all?
For all we know, Mario could have just dreamt up this Toad buddy based off of his experience with the Toad race. :awesome:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

.....wouldn't he theoretically be non-canon? :troll: Since SMB2 was just a dream and all?
For all we know, Mario could have just dreamt up this Toad buddy based off of his experience with the Toad race. :awesome:
Some people seem to consider Luigi to have quite a sad psychological profile; after all, he is constantly in his brother's shadow; the whole premise of the Negative Zone final Smash he has...

...but if your suggestion is correct then it as actually Mario that is quite the sad and lonely individual if he truly has no friends and needs to create one based off of the many Toads he's come into contact with. Mario must badly want the acceptance of the Toads. And why not? They are the best after all.

Now if that's the state of Mario's mind, and Luigi wants to best Mario, then Luigi is obviously in a worse position mentally than Mario.

Now consider Waluigi desperately wants to be acknowledged by Luigi...

Well, I guess we know whose at the bottom of this food chain. :troll:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

:laugh:

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
Is it time for Mario series crack theories since there is not much left to do here?

Mario has the power to turn parts of his dreams into reality, but he is not aware of it. While much of the basis of the Subcon world appears to be his past experiences in Yoshi's Island as a baby (Presence of Shy Guys in Yoshi's Island, Presence of Pidgits in Partners in Time), he subconsciously created the Birdo species, the Blue Toad w/ athletic abilities far greater than most of his kind, gave Peach the ability to hover, bestowed with Luigi the Flutter Jump technique to make him more unique, and made Subcon a physical realm in an inaccessible dimension.
This Subcon realm houses pixie-like beings as seen in the ending of SMB2 that formed a society along side the Subcon enemies.

Years pass. Many kidnappings of Princess Toadstool occur. Mario begins to dream of adventures where Peach is not kidnapped. He subconciously creates several alternative monarchs called Sprixies to be kidnapped instead. The Sprixies manifest physically in the physical Subcon world. Unbeknownst to Mario, their vast magical powers originate from sucking the life out of the environment and all living things in it. With their powers combined, the Sprixie princesses create the Sprixie Kingdom, laying waste to most non-sprixie species in their little world. Several old structures of Subcon still exist, such as the red doors, but nothing much else. Notice how the world Map in SM3DW is very flat and desolate for the most part. That is their doing.

At the start of SM3DW the Sprixies began to plot their conquest of the Mushroom Kingdom, and then the rest of the planet, using their magic clear warp pipes that can cross dimensions. What the Sprixies didn't expect was that one kingdom from their prey knew beforehand that this day was coming. Kamek's vision in Yoshi's Island, the one that held the prophecy that the Mario Brothers would cause great troubles for the Koopa Kingdom, had more detail than explained in the game. His vision predicted that Mario, Luigi, Princess Toadstool, and Blue Toad, the four with a connection to the vile Subcon realm, would be the catalysts for the destruction of their kingdom and planet. These four would create the enemy and invite them in to destroy everything once united. Failing to kidnap the Mario Brothers several times, Kamek gives up and prepares Bowser for the day he must save the world from the Sprixies.

Bowser's first strategy was to kidnap Princess Toadstool to prevent the four from uniting. His logic was sound. The Mario Brothers possess a great threat to his life and should be avoided at all costs. Based on generalizations of the non-hostile Toad species, Bowser assumed that the Blue Toad is not worth kidnapping because he will never amount to anything like the rest of his kind. Princess Toadstool, on the other hand, rules a kingdom with very little defense, so kidnapping her, killing her, and taking her Kingdom would be the best move for the Koopas. He decided to strike when Peach was most vulnerable and the Mario Bros. were not currently around. Yet, unluckily his plans failed because the Mario Brothers returned to the Mushroom Kingdom after a long absence to save the Princess, and because he started to become infatuated with her. From Super Mario Bros. onwards, he tries to kidnap Peach as a way to separate her from the Mario bros, while luring the brothers into a death trap that would save the world as a result. All his plans failed as we all know. He was a bit too selfish.

Yet, on the night the Sprixies penetrated the kingdom with the clear warp pipe, he was prepared in advance to go on an all-or-nothing raid on the Sprixie Kingdom. He entered the clear warp pipe and bottled the Sprixie monarchs in a gigantic ambush. Unfortunately, the Green one was able to warn the "four heroes" that the Sprixies were under attack by their long-time foe. While Bowser had many road blocks and tricks up his sleeve, the Four "Heroes" collected enough Green Stars to provide the energy needed for them and the Sprixies to press on with their campaign of destruction. Bowser was eventually defeated once again. The Sprixies became free to access the Mushroom Kingdom and drain the energy of yet another planet. In addition, they planned to send their conquest up to space to obtain more green stars and reach new planets. The next 3D Mario game will be the tale of how they stabbed Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad in the back by destroying everything they loved. The Four Heroes will have to fix the terrible mistake they've made. Bowser, a tragic hero who only had the best intentions for his fellow lifeforms, will join them in restoring life to their realm.

And that's why Toad should be playable in Smash 4. He'll be playable in Super Mario Armageddon or whatever.

D

Deleted member

Some people seem to consider Luigi to have quite a sad psychological profile; after all, he is constantly in his brother's shadow; the whole premise of the Negative Zone final Smash he has...

...but if your suggestion is correct then it as actually Mario that is quite the sad and lonely individual if he truly has no friends and needs to create one based off of the many Toads he's come into contact with. Mario must badly want the acceptance of the Toads. And why not? They are the best after all.

Now if that's the state of Mario's mind, and Luigi wants to best Mario, then Luigi is obviously in a worse position mentally than Mario.

Now consider Waluigi desperately wants to be acknowledged by Luigi...

Well, I guess we know whose at the bottom of this food chain. :troll:
Daisy?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You know... I think Daisy is an imposter... the original Daisy from Mario Tennis 64 and Mario Party 3 went back to Sarasaland a long time ago... and Azalea is impersonating as Daisy the whole time ever since Mario Party 4. Compare Azalea's and the new Daisy's hairstyle. Notice how the new Daisy's face looks puffed? Food allergies to foreign mushrooms? Why do you think Daisy was screaming "I am Daisy! I am Daisy!" in Mario Kart: Double Dash? Azalea was trying her hardest to convince everyone she is Daisy. :troll:

Original Daisy

Azalea

New Daisy

D

Deleted member

You know... I think Daisy is an imposter... the original Daisy from Mario Tennis 64 and Mario Party 3 went back to Sarasaland a long time ago... and Azalea is impersonating as Daisy the whole time ever since Mario Party 4. Compare Azalea's and the new Daisy's hairstyle. Notice how the new Daisy's face looks puffed? Food allergies to foreign mushrooms? Why do you think Daisy was screaming "I am Daisy! I am Daisy!" in Mario Kart: Double Dash? Azalea was trying her hardest to convince everyone she is Daisy. :troll:

Original Daisy

Azalea

New Daisy

I've actually brought this up before (not in this thread).
On a serious note, I remember some source saying that Azalea was Daisy's sister. Go figure.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I'm so glad Golden is here trolling you Toadies better than I ever would. You are a saint and a gentleman, keep doing God's work. It almost makes you not ded2me.

Last edited:

Albo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlboAlbo
Just curious, does anyone know the font for the Super Smash Bros. 4 newcomer screenshots (like when they said Wii Fit Trainer Weights In! whatever font that was. Was it custom made?)

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I'm so glad Golden is here trolling you Toadies better than I ever would. You are a saint and a gentleman, keep doing God's work. It almost makes you not ded2me.
Pft. GoldenYu's trolling is amateur hour, Welshy. Sakurai, plz. Have some aspiration.

Wario's Woods?

3D World seems to establish these qualities again though (for Peach and Toad at least)
Yeah, the qualities of pre-N64 Toad were established repeatedly. Toads are speedy, and Sakurai's acknowledged them as 'surprisingly strong'. Golden's questioning of whether the SMB2 Toad's realness is a real character(as in existed) is just blatant tongue in cheek.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
I would say Sakurai is my troll aspiration, but Sakurai isn't a troll, he gave Toad exactly what he deserved.
Ouch. Though I can't say I disagree. It would be appreciated if Toad would at least get a voice clip upon successfully deflecting a move... and more than just a "wiggling" sound effect.

D

Deleted member

Ouch. Though I can't say I disagree. It would be appreciated if Toad would at least get a voice clip upon successfully deflecting a move... and more than just a "wiggling" sound effect.
The "HELP ME!" clip from NSMBW would be very apt. :troll:

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Toad got exactly what he deserved? Ok, because...?
Because because because because! Because of the wonderful things he does! Oh wait, nevermind, he's just third fiddle except for that puzzle game one time that no one cares about. That's giving him too much credit because "he" doesn't exist. The only difference between any Toad is their preferred accessories. If there were qualities differentiating them, they would have given "him" a different name. Toads are Peach's "guards" and that's what they do in Smash. How fitting. Also inb4 K. Rool and Ridley are bosses so that's what they should be. We wouldn't want a war zone in here.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Toad got exactly what he deserved? Ok, because...?
Because because because because! Because of the wonderful things he does! Oh wait, nevermind, he's just third fiddle except for that puzzle game one time that no one cares about. That's giving him too much credit because "he" doesn't exist. The only difference between any Toad is their preferred accessories. If there were qualities differentiating them, they would have given "him" a different name. Toads are Peach's "guards" and that's what they do in Smash. How fitting. Also inb4 K. Rool and Ridley are bosses so that's what they should be. We wouldn't want a war zone in here.
Yeah, can we actually just drop the boring flame war before it starts?

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Is it time for Mario series crack theories since there is not much left to do here?

Mario has the power to turn parts of his dreams into reality, but he is not aware of it. While much of the basis of the Subcon world appears to be his past experiences in Yoshi's Island as a baby (Presence of Shy Guys in Yoshi's Island, Presence of Pidgits in Partners in Time), he subconsciously created the Birdo species, the Blue Toad w/ athletic abilities far greater than most of his kind, gave Peach the ability to hover, bestowed with Luigi the Flutter Jump technique to make him more unique, and made Subcon a physical realm in an inaccessible dimension.
This Subcon realm houses pixie-like beings as seen in the ending of SMB2 that formed a society along side the Subcon enemies.

Years pass. Many kidnappings of Princess Toadstool occur. Mario begins to dream of adventures where Peach is not kidnapped. He subconciously creates several alternative monarchs called Sprixies to be kidnapped instead. The Sprixies manifest physically in the physical Subcon world. Unbeknownst to Mario, their vast magical powers originate from sucking the life out of the environment and all living things in it. With their powers combined, the Sprixie princesses create the Sprixie Kingdom, laying waste to most non-sprixie species in their little world. Several old structures of Subcon still exist, such as the red doors, but nothing much else. Notice how the world Map in SM3DW is very flat and desolate for the most part. That is their doing.

At the start of SM3DW the Sprixies began to plot their conquest of the Mushroom Kingdom, and then the rest of the planet, using their magic clear warp pipes that can cross dimensions. What the Sprixies didn't expect was that one kingdom from their prey knew beforehand that this day was coming. Kamek's vision in Yoshi's Island, the one that held the prophecy that the Mario Brothers would cause great troubles for the Koopa Kingdom, had more detail than explained in the game. His vision predicted that Mario, Luigi, Princess Toadstool, and Blue Toad, the four with a connection to the vile Subcon realm, would be the catalysts for the destruction of their kingdom and planet. These four would create the enemy and invite them in to destroy everything once united. Failing to kidnap the Mario Brothers several times, Kamek gives up and prepares Bowser for the day he must save the world from the Sprixies.

Bowser's first strategy was to kidnap Princess Toadstool to prevent the four from uniting. His logic was sound. The Mario Brothers possess a great threat to his life and should be avoided at all costs. Based on generalizations of the non-hostile Toad species, Bowser assumed that the Blue Toad is not worth kidnapping because he will never amount to anything like the rest of his kind. Princess Toadstool, on the other hand, rules a kingdom with very little defense, so kidnapping her, killing her, and taking her Kingdom would be the best move for the Koopas. He decided to strike when Peach was most vulnerable and the Mario Bros. were not currently around. Yet, unluckily his plans failed because the Mario Brothers returned to the Mushroom Kingdom after a long absence to save the Princess, and because he started to become infatuated with her. From Super Mario Bros. onwards, he tries to kidnap Peach as a way to separate her from the Mario bros, while luring the brothers into a death trap that would save the world as a result. All his plans failed as we all know. He was a bit too selfish.

Yet, on the night the Sprixies penetrated the kingdom with the clear warp pipe, he was prepared in advance to go on an all-or-nothing raid on the Sprixie Kingdom. He entered the clear warp pipe and bottled the Sprixie monarchs in a gigantic ambush. Unfortunately, the Green one was able to warn the "four heroes" that the Sprixies were under attack by their long-time foe. While Bowser had many road blocks and tricks up his sleeve, the Four "Heroes" collected enough Green Stars to provide the energy needed for them and the Sprixies to press on with their campaign of destruction. Bowser was eventually defeated once again. The Sprixies became free to access the Mushroom Kingdom and drain the energy of yet another planet. In addition, they planned to send their conquest up to space to obtain more green stars and reach new planets. The next 3D Mario game will be the tale of how they stabbed Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad in the back by destroying everything they loved. The Four Heroes will have to fix the terrible mistake they've made. Bowser, a tragic hero who only had the best intentions for his fellow lifeforms, will join them in restoring life to their realm.

And that's why Toad should be playable in Smash 4. He'll be playable in Super Mario Armageddon or whatever.
This, should be a story, or a film, or a game. It explains everything.

Oh, and I've finished SM3DW with my favorite character ever, Peach, and played as Toad for a few times (notably on the last level), and Toad feels so good. Peach is cool with her float and everything, but seriously, Toad's speed kind of makes him more enjoyable than Peach. It feels so refreshing to dash across the screen without a care in the world, while, when you embody Peach, you kind of have a hard time depending on the situation (moving pavements are horrible with her).

Does anyone still hold hope for Toad as a playable character in the main game, or do you guys prefer to settle for DLC content (Crossing my fingers) ?

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
This, should be a story, or a film, or a game. It explains everything.

Oh, and I've finished SM3DW with my favorite character ever, Peach, and played as Toad for a few times (notably on the last level), and Toad feels so good. Peach is cool with her float and everything, but seriously, Toad's speed kind of makes him more enjoyable than Peach. It feels so refreshing to dash across the screen without a care in the world, while, when you embody Peach, you kind of have a hard time depending on the situation (moving pavements are horrible with her).

Does anyone still hold hope for Toad as a playable character in the main game, or do you guys prefer to settle for DLC content (Crossing my fingers) ?
I believe he has a very slight chance, but it's more likely he'll just stay Peach's meatshield.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Yeah, it suuucks... Really disappointing when you're only really hopeful for one character that has some chances, but he gets disconfirmed. I don't think it really matters that much that Toad's status as a character has never been properly addressed, he could still function and in the mind of many people, he's his own character.

You never hear them say, 'Oh, I believe I'll play as the character named after his species !'. Not to mention that he really is a recurring character and hat, although Nintendo plays a lot with his color scheme (does anyone else believe they used Blue Toad for SMBWU just so that he would be more distinguised and wouldn't use a red color as his insignia ?). Mostly everyone considers the one with red spots and a blue jacket as the Toad anyway... So yeah, in Paper Mario there are tons of Toad with red spots and blue vests, but that's just because they didn't feel like creating different Toad for the game, like they hardly differenciate Noki, Pianta, Yoshi, etc... At best there are pallet swaps. And besides, the Paper Mario argument is kind of void, because when you use tattle on the Toad, you sometimes learn they name and hear a little about their character (Plus, I was under the belief that the first Toad greeting Mario in Toadtown after he came back from Goomba Fortress was THE Toad. I'll have to play again, but I'm fairly sure it says so in the French version of the game.).

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
It's difficult to say which Toad is THE Toad. There may not actually be THE Toad. Red-Spot, Blue Vest (RSBV) Toads that appear in limited quantities only show up in the spin-off games for the most part. That Toad in particular may not be the same Toad every time. However, we must note that Toadette is probably the only Toadette since she is of limited quantity in every game she appears in.

In main series games, the RSBV Toads are generic allies with one running each Toad House, being Town NPCs, or being staff at Peach's castle. Meanwhile, a handful of Toads are indeed special in these games: Captain Toad & the Toad Brigade, Blue Toad, and Yellow Toad. Of all of these characters, Captain Toad is the most distinguished of all Toads even though he has not appeared in the spin-offs yet. He is now more special than ever because he has a playable role in 3D World and even a costume change. Originally sporting a red vest, his attire is now fully exploration based. This can only mean good news for him for the future.

Unfortunately, Captain's physical capabilities are lacking compared to Blue Toad and Yellow Toad, who have experience in tackling levels with the Mario Bros. Of these two, the Blue Toad has more experience and history, but this is only if we can assume that the Blue Toad in New Super Mario Bros. Wii/U is the same one as the one in 3D World. His design is generic, there are more than one Blue-Spot, Blue Vest Toads, and the only reasons that this Toad is blue in 3D world to begin with is to be a reference to Toad's SMB2 sprite and because it allows him to associate with a color other than Mario's trademark red.

So as you can see, it is very complicated to say that one Toad in particular is the main one. The RSBV Toad is most iconic, but is used as a meat shield for peach because that coloration is typically used for her castle staff. Captain Toad is a rising star, but is not as iconic as the generic Toad yet. 3D World's Blue Toad, if the same one that is playable in the NSMB series, is as capable of being a platforming hero as the Mario Bros. and Peach can. However, he is not as distinguished as Captain Toad, and I fear that Sakurai feels that because Toad plays so similarly to Mario and Luigi, that his inclusion would be redundant. But perhaps not. I think we have confidence issues if we think we can accurately predict Sakurai's final roster.

Captain Toad

Smash Apprentice
True, but I don't view the species thing as anything too against Toad, hell Yoshi got in. And Yoshi isn't even the same Yoshi as the one that appears in the spin off series (correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty sure it's not the same one)

So who knows, Toad might one day be in smash.
Then everyone will probably be treating him like Yoshi, an allstar who they don't want to be removed from the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom