• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad parade - Oh boy it's Els--- I mean, Rosalina

What do you think will happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Albo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlboAlbo
They could have used Wario and Waluigi... they could have used yellow Mario palette swap and blue Luigi palette swap from Melee/Brawl... they could have changed the storyline to allow Peach to be playable... but they chose Toad instead.

Also, why would you consider Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario 3D World as a testament to Toad being present in the Mario series? Toad(s) is/are present in most of the Mario games... only notable exceptions I can think of are Super Mario World, Super Mario Land games, and New Super Mario Bros. DS. If you are just counting playable roles in the platformer games... if that's the case, then New Super Mario Bros. games should be counted as well. There is no need to cherry pick.
Just as a note, at least Toadsworth was in NSMB.
Now that I think about it, I kinda miss Toadsworth.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Just as a note, at least Toadsworth was in NSMB.
Now that I think about it, I kinda miss Toadsworth.
We all sort of miss Toadsworth. Whatever happened to him outside of the Mario and Luigi series? Toadette too for that matter. Is she still in things, did she appear in Paper Mario: Sticker Star?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It is clear that Toad is far more important than Toadsworth and Toadette... it seems that ever since Sunshine, THE Toad from Super Mario Bros. 2 has been split into five different Toads... and given distinct identities in Galaxy games...

Red Toad = Captain Toad, playable in 3D World (with THE Toad's personality)
Blue Toad = the brainy one, playable in NSMB games and 3D World (with THE Toad's speed from SMB2)
Yellow Toad = the sleepy one, playable in NSMB games
Green Toad = Bank Toad
Purple Toad = Mail Toad

Wait... if Captain Toad retains THE Toad's personality... and Blue Toad retains THE Toad's speed... who inherited THE Toad's superhuman strength? Yellow Toad? :awesome:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
who inherited THE Toad's superhuman strength? Yellow Toad? :awesome:
Toadette :troll:

And I'm thinking that the blue-vest-red-cap Toad is likely a thing of the past now, atleast in the main Mario games. He has been superseded by Toad Brigade, and Blue Toad in particular.

Toadsworth as predicted appeared in Dream Team last year, but before that no appearances since 2009. Apparently the Mario and Luigi Series is the only one keeping him alive.
It seems he only appears in the Mario games that are a bit more story driven than the usual platformers.

Also, I suspect that the Blue Toad from the Toad Brigade and Toadbert from the M&L games are one and the same.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Well, it's a step up from King K. Rool in DK at current.
Still, thanks Welshy91. That musta hurt ya to say.
You have no idea how difficult it was for me to give Toad any kind of credit. I should probably clarify my stance, I don't hate Toad, I just hate the idea of him being playable in Smash. Actually I take that back, I'll be ok with Toad when characters that I deem objectively more worthy are in.

Toad was already planned from the beginning.

The end.

If this is true then they should have outright replaced Toad in Super Mario 3D World and replaced him with Rosalina since they "figured out" a way on how to work other characters.... But instead, Toad was still the starter while Rosalina was the unlockable. BUT then again, she's playable in Smash for the sake of quirks and character.
I'm not well-versed in debate but I'll give it a shot. Whether or not he was planned from the start is irrelevant, there weren't any other protagonists available to use, plus using Toad would be easier because you just make an alternate color swap and BAM you have player 3 and 4 (because all Toads are the same amirite). He wasn't in NSMB because Nintendo finally realized their error all these years by regulating Toad to menial roles, they did what was efficient. And I'll give you your point on 3D World (even though I already gave him his due in that regard). Rosalina got in for the sake of quirks and character.... so those things Toad is somewhat lacking in?:p That's why I think Toad will never see the spotlight, he's disposable. You can rally behind Red Toad or Captain Toad, but at its core it's just another Toad. Now this is the part where yousay "What about Yoshi then?" and then I'll say "When Toad has the massive appeal Yoshi has and a game as absolutely freaking perfect as Yoshi's Island, then maybe Toad can be in Smash without me being mad about it."

Oh, and my statement about Toad being "present", I meant that in those games, he's actually notable. He functions differently from the other characters instead of being there because using him would be the simplest route.

... And as long as I'm ranting, NSMB would have been so much better if they had went the path of 64DS and used Wario and Yoshi. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
You have no idea how difficult it was for me to give Toad any kind of credit. I should probably clarify my stance, I don't hate Toad, I just hate the idea of him being playable in Smash. Actually I take that back, I'll be ok with Toad when characters that I deem objectively more worthy are in.
See, this seems reasonable. There are very few characters most people actively hate, and would hate in Smash. Just an order of which we would prefer said character in. Even characters I've stated in the past I'd dislike in Smash I'd be fine with if I received whom I believed was more objectively worthy first.
Prime example would be chief Toad rival; Bowser Jr. He'd actually be a great character, but I'd probably only be able to root for him once I got whom I deem as the last member of the Big 8 and the last member of the SMB2 quad.

Honestly for all the schtick I give Takamaru, I'm sure he'd be a great character...just I'm not ready for him now.

Oh, and my statement about Toad being "present", I meant that in those games, he's actually notable. He functions differently from the other characters instead of being there because using him would be the simplest route.

... And as long as I'm ranting, NSMB would have been so much better if they had went the path of 64DS and used Wario and Yoshi. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
Yoshi riding a Yoshi? How bizarre. Personally I think Yoshi returning to his role of lovable power up was fine, as it made the Yoshi levels all the more exciting.
Wario and Toad would of been good with me though, especially since I'd love to see the opening cut scene with the brothers, Toad and Wario interacting. Waluigi once again gets no love in a platformer, I don't make the rules, I merely enforce them.

On the other point about being 'present', does Wario's Woods also count? Since Toad has...well he has a unique set of abilities there, that's for sure; super strength, able to defy gravity and run up walls and apparently is now a demolition expert.

Boom, baby.

Toadette :troll:

And I'm thinking that the blue-vest-red-cap Toad is likely a thing of the past now, atleast in the main Mario games. He has been superseded by Toad Brigade, and Blue Toad in particular.

It seems he only appears in the Mario games that are a bit more story driven than the usual platformers.

Also, I suspect that the Blue Toad from the Toad Brigade and Toadbert from the M&L games are one and the same.
I'm still in the mind set that Wario's Woods/SMB2 Toad is Captain Toad honestly. I doubt we'll ever see him don the blue coat again outside of spinoffs, but I'd be pretty happy if Captain Toad becomes a staple.

I'm not sure where to stand on Blue Toad honestly. I know why they used Blue Toad over Captain Toad as the fourth playable(so everyone had different colours) but I think I'd have preferred Captain Toad to have been the playable one on the platforming adventures.

Still shouldn't complain; I got a double dosage of Toad action in that game, I just hope it continues(whilst keeping his speed to make him differ from the brothers please. As much as I liked the NSMB multiplayer games it felt weird seeing everyone act the same.

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy

I'm not well-versed in debate but I'll give it a shot. Whether or not he was planned from the start is irrelevant, there weren't any other protagonists available to use, plus using Toad would be easier because you just make an alternate color swap and BAM you have player 3 and 4 (because all Toads are the same amirite). He wasn't in NSMB because Nintendo finally realized their error all these years by regulating Toad to menial roles, they did what was efficient. And I'll give you your point on 3D World (even though I already gave him his due in that regard). Rosalina got in for the sake of quirks and character.... so those things Toad is somewhat lacking in?:p That's why I think Toad will never see the spotlight, he's disposable. You can rally behind Red Toad or Captain Toad, but at its core it's just another Toad. Now this is the part where yousay "What about Yoshi then?" and then I'll say "When Toad has the massive appeal Yoshi has and a game as absolutely freaking perfect as Yoshi's Island, then maybe Toad can be in Smash without me being mad about it."

I'm sorry, but I don't understand getting mad at a certain character's inclusion. I understand being disappointed because a certain character didn't make it, but there's no point hating on other people's favorites. Bottom line is that Toad is a well-known, well-liked, and well-represented Nintendo character, thus making him prime material for SSB. The rest is up to Sakurai.

Example: K. Rool. I have no personal desire for K. Rool, and I'd much rather have Toad. However, if K. Rool is playable and Toad isn't, I'll be happy with having a new character to grow on. Moral of the story - be chill, don't hate.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
YoshiandToad's wonderful art based on Wario's Woods... it is so awesome... I really think Toad could be very unique if his moveset incorporated gameplay elements from Wario's Woods in addition to Super Mario Bros. 2, New Super Mario Bros. games, and Super Mario 3D World...

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Too kind, Arcadenik. (I'll probably spruce it up a little and try and get a T-shirt printed with that design on actually, I quite like the basic concept)

So I finally got some Eshop points; spent them on Wario's Woods and SMB2(as many would of predicted). I've been promising to do it since Christmas. Now I can blow up cutesy critters on the go or at least fling giant vegetables at them.

Alright, so just because Toad's chances are shot, doesn't mean we can't discuss moveset options. I'm willing to illustrate a full moveset if we can come up with some good ideas.
If we're quick I may be able to even get it done before Toad's last day in Rate Their Chances.

I'm just spitballing ideas here but whilst typing up some of my usual Toad propaganda in the graveyard thread I thought of something and wanted my fellow Toad Brigade's thoughts:
"Maybe summoning and using Dovus, Squeaks and other monsters from Wario's Woods to stack up and modify the stage as he fights(...actually that's quite a neat idea. A character who can essentially modify the stage. Not bad for off the top of my head. Wish I came up with this one sooner)"

Good idea, bad idea? How would you polish said idea up if it's the former? Would you prefer Toad had a different fighting style if the latter?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Too kind, Arcadenik. (I'll probably spruce it up a little and try and get a T-shirt printed with that design on actually, I quite like the basic concept)

So I finally got some Eshop points; spent them on Wario's Woods and SMB2(as many would of predicted). I've been promising to do it since Christmas. Now I can blow up cutesy critters on the go or at least fling giant vegetables at them.

Alright, so just because Toad's chances are shot, doesn't mean we can't discuss moveset options. I'm willing to illustrate a full moveset if we can come up with some good ideas.
If we're quick I may be able to even get it done before Toad's last day in Rate Their Chances.

I'm just spitballing ideas here but whilst typing up some of my usual Toad propaganda in the graveyard thread I thought of something and wanted my fellow Toad Brigade's thoughts:
"Maybe summoning and using Dovus, Squeaks and other monsters from Wario's Woods to stack up and modify the stage as he fights(...actually that's quite a neat idea. A character who can essentially modify the stage. Not bad for off the top of my head. Wish I came up with this one sooner)"

Good idea, bad idea? How would you polish said idea up if it's the former? Would you prefer Toad had a different fighting style if the latter?
Worried it would be broken, honestly. Could be very interesting if done right, though.

The only part I'll be going into will be regarding NSMB. The rest, I really wasn't aiming at his quirks (Because I've developed a phobia for talking about that from months ago).
there weren't any other protagonists available to use, plus using Toad would be easier because you just make an alternate color swap and BAM you have player 3 and 4 (because all Toads are the same amirite). He wasn't in NSMB because Nintendo finally realized their error all these years by regulating Toad to menial roles, they did what was efficient.
I'll just post what I know or at least, what I think.

The only placeholder in NSMB is the 4th Toad. Not the 3rd Toad. Peach or Wario would have been the 4th player instead of filling up the 3rd spot where Toad was. This is where the iffiness begins. It was never outright said that if they did work out Peach AND Wario for NSMB, they would have replaced Toad. Since Toad was planned from the beginning because he really was gonna be part of the playable characters, this would leave one spot and that spot would've been taken by either Peach or Wario. Since Peach and Wario couldn't work out so well (Not the wrong idea), they decided to put another Toad which kinda still bugs me a bit.

But **** that game, 3D World is beast.

Albo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlboAlbo
The only part I'll be going into will be regarding NSMB. The rest, I really wasn't aiming at his quirks (Because I've developed a phobia for talking about that from months ago).

I'll just post what I know or at least, what I think.

The only placeholder in NSMB is the 4th Toad. Not the 3rd Toad. Peach or Wario would have been the 4th player instead of filling up the 3rd spot where Toad was. This is where the iffiness begins. It was never outright said that if they did work out Peach AND Wario for NSMB, they would have replaced Toad. Since Toad was planned from the beginning because he really was gonna be part of the playable characters, this would leave one spot and that spot would've been taken by either Peach or Wario. Since Peach and Wario couldn't work out so well (Not the wrong idea), they decided to put another Toad which kinda still bugs me a bit.

But **** that game, 3D World is beast.
Hey, call me crazy, but I always liked NSMB games more than the classic ones.

Yeah, I know I'm a bit insane.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy

I won't lie; my first response is that I don't care for the idea so much. It's definitely a unique style, but I had a hard time seeing it work out well. HOWEVER, the more I thought about it, the more interesting it got. It would give Toad a definite style that would set him out from the rest. It actually put me in mind of Bomber-Man + Tetris... here're my moveset thoughts:

Up B: He throws a bomb beneath his own feet, riding the blast upward. Nice blast radius with medium damage and knockback on the edges, major damage at the bomb's center.

Side B: Rolls a bomb across the stage like a bowling ball. Damage upon impact, then more damage upon explosion. Weaker explosion than the Up B.

Down B: He plucks blocks/critters from the ground (like turnips), but they're stationary. He can rapid pull in order to stack them and make a wall of sorts, which can absorb a certain percentage of damage. Great for making blockades or stepping stones/wall jumps (to make up for a short jump height).

I doubt he'd ever actually play like that, but it's fun to imagine. He'd be a real game changer; a staller with explosive power!

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Yay, this thread still has some life to it after all !

Like most of you, I am extremely doubtful as to Toad's chances to make it in the roster as a playable character, especially since Peach's Neutral B has seen a slight graphical improvement from the time she was revealed to her later pictures, so it makes it very unlikely that Toadsworth would be put over Toad at this point. Besides, didn't they already implement every character they wanted in the roster ? I thought they were currently working on the balance of the game.

However, I'm also praying for DLC contents, even though it also seems really unlikely (which is super dumb for aseries such as Smash, but let's not dwell on that too much). I feel like Toad's important persona, his seniority, and his overall easiness to implement (let's get real, Toad would never be as complicated and detailed as some characters like Peach, his model is somewhat simple and he's more of a Kirby type of character, design wise) are enough reasons to make him one of the first DLC characters to be made. If there's one character a lot of people wouldn't mind paying for, I guess it's him, along with possibly Ridley and other big names like that.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah, I guess this thread still has some life... but Toad being playable in Smash is a desperately hopeless dream that will never come true.

Yeah, I guess this thread still has some life... but Toad being playable in Smash is a desperately hopeless dream that will never come true.
Dude, chill.

Plus, you should be more worried about the state of the Wii U in terms of sales.

Albo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlboAlbo
Dude, chill.

Plus, you should be more worried about the state of the Wii U in terms of sales.
Well, I still have faith in Nintendo. Plus, the 3DS should be enough to keep them afloat, even with its console brother Wii U struggling a bit (or more than a bit).

I'll just keep trusting Nintendo as long as they continue to make the best games out there, preferbably with a playable Toad(s) in them.

And I'm glad that PrincessToady is stil optimistic. It's true; Rosalina was like the final nail in the coffin for Toad. I think his chances have shrunk, no doubt, but he's not out of the game (haha get it?) until we've got the final roster and the actual Smash Bros.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Albo, your avatar just reminded me... I was feeling demoralized over Toad's nonexistent chances in Smash... and today, I played Super Mario 3D World... I hadn't played it much in the past week... and playing it with Toad only actually cheered me up.

If I cannot have Toad in Smash, then I shall shift my support from "Toad for Smash" to "Toad for main Mario games"... I want Nintendo to know that I and other Toad fans want Nintendo to keep including Toad as a playable character in the main Mario games and Mario RPG games.

I love the idea of playing as Toad in Super Mario Galaxy 3, New Super Mario Bros. 3, and Super Mario 3D Land 2. Hell, I also want to play as Paper Toad in Super Paper Mario 2 alongside Paper Mario, Paper Luigi, Paper Peach, and Paper Bowser... and a Toad partner in a traditional Paper Mario game like the first two games... hell, I wouldn't mind seeing Baby Toad debut in a new Yoshi's Island game.

The more Toad appears in playable roles outside of sports/party spin-off games... the more he becomes distinct and unique apart from Mario, Luigi, and Peach... especially in RPG games. That's what I wish to see.

It's crazy of me to still do this until now but I actually still have my eyes peeled.

Don't get optimistic though. He's probably not getting in

Maffewt

Smash Apprentice
I hate how people use NSMB as some sort of irrefutable evidence of Toad's relevance and worthiness. They used him because there wasn't anyone else available to use. They were rescuing Peach so she couldn't be playable, Yoshi was condemned to his original role, and Wario is doing Wario stuff now. However, I will consider Doki Doki Bros and 3D World as a testament to Toad being.... present in the Mario series.
There's plenty of characters they could have used, and it doesn't really matter why they picked him; the fact is, they did, and that's upwards of 27 million extra people who now recognise Toad as a character. People who potentially love him as a character - he was bound to be many peoples' character of choice.
And that exposure carries over to Smash Bros, which is one of the best marketing tools Nintendo have at the minute.
He has the benefit of reeling many more of the "casual" markets, and the retro market who've stray away.
Of course, there's massive support here, too. Which just goes to show how across the board he would be welcomed.
I mean, I just don't see people counteracting an argument for Toad with anything more than weariness and fear of being let down again - which I get it, but I don't think it's enough.
Rosalina's inclusion and Peach's B certainly don't strike me as obstacles, but maybe I'm overly optimistic because I never really used any forums in the pre-Brawl days :p

Albo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlboAlbo
Albo, your avatar just reminded me... I was feeling demoralized over Toad's nonexistent chances in Smash... and today, I played Super Mario 3D World... I hadn't played it much in the past week... and playing it with Toad only actually cheered me up.

If I cannot have Toad in Smash, then I shall shift my support from "Toad for Smash" to "Toad for main Mario games"... I want Nintendo to know that I and other Toad fans want Nintendo to keep including Toad as a playable character in the main Mario games and Mario RPG games.

I love the idea of playing as Toad in Super Mario Galaxy 3, New Super Mario Bros. 3, and Super Mario 3D Land 2. Hell, I also want to play as Paper Toad in Super Paper Mario 2 alongside Paper Mario, Paper Luigi, Paper Peach, and Paper Bowser... and a Toad partner in a traditional Paper Mario game like the first two games... hell, I wouldn't mind seeing Baby Toad debut in a new Yoshi's Island game.

The more Toad appears in playable roles outside of sports/party spin-off games... the more he becomes distinct and unique apart from Mario, Luigi, and Peach... especially in RPG games. That's what I wish to see.
You survived a whole WEEK without 3D World?! :O
Anyway, I guess your wishes kinda came true...3D Land 2 is World in a way, NSMB still regards him as important, and I think Toads made more appearances than usual in Sticker Star. They're still not playable, but it's a start.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
It certainly has been a while since I last posted here (been lurking here for a while though xD); however, I'll say that I'm still a part of the group till the final roster is revealed. Yes, it was tough coping with Rosalina's entrance to Smash Bros. with such high hopes for Toad especially after SM3DW; however, I'll admit that she's one mighty neat character. Regardless, my support will always go to Toad and just gotta love the Toad fanbase here. XD

Even if his chances aren't looking the best, I'm still going to hope for the best. Perhaps an unlockable character? DLC? It's possible, and it's likely they used Rosalina to create hype as a newcomer in regards to her popularity these days. I'm happy that Toad has at least received more starring roles in the main series Mario games and I hope that this continues as a trend in the future Mario games to come. Would love it if they at least gave Captain Toad his own game or some remake to Wario's Woods (considering how often they've rereleased the title recently). The SNES version would be neat (now if only the boss fights were just like the NES version!).

Albo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AlboAlbo
Just curious, is anyone still on the Captain Toad thread? I haven't been on that one for a while, even though I never really posted in that one.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
It certainly has been a while since I last posted here (been lurking here for a while though xD); however, I'll say that I'm still a part of the group till the final roster is revealed. Yes, it was tough coping with Rosalina's entrance to Smash Bros. with such high hopes for Toad especially after SM3DW; however, I'll admit that she's one mighty neat character. Regardless, my support will always go to Toad and just gotta love the Toad fanbase here. XD

Even if his chances aren't looking the best, I'm still going to hope for the best. Perhaps an unlockable character? DLC? It's possible, and it's likely they used Rosalina to create hype as a newcomer in regards to her popularity these days. I'm happy that Toad has at least received more starring roles in the main series Mario games and I hope that this continues as a trend in the future Mario games to come. Would love it if they at least gave Captain Toad his own game or some remake to Wario's Woods (considering how often they've rereleased the title recently). The SNES version would be neat (now if only the boss fights were just like the NES version!).
Hey, Propeller Toad! It's been a long time.

farvin111

Smash Journeyman

There is a chance now!

"When Toad joins the battle, Toadsworth is in charge of Peach's dress.
Toadsworth: "Leave it to me!" "

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
If only…

But if they were to go through the effort of replacing Peach's B with Toadsworth only when Toad is also fighting, why wouldn't they just keep Toadsworth as Peach's B all the time?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Looks certainly positive - but I can't entirely call it a 1-up, because Rosalina's presence and emphasis put on her- not to mention it'd be quite strange we see Toad as a meatshield and then next a fighter. (hadn't we had like, 3 pics of him being the special anyway?). And even then, wouldn't this net us 6 Mario-characters? That'd be bit of an outrage...

We could try keeping our eyes open, but I'm not going to hold my breath on this however.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
There is a chance now!

"When Toad joins the battle, Toadsworth is in charge of Peach's dress.
Toadsworth: "Leave it to me!" "
I was thinking the exact same thing!!! If only...

Dammit Sakurai... why are you giving me more false hope after the whole Rosalina fiasco?

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
If only…

But if they were to go through the effort of replacing Peach's B with Toadsworth only when Toad is also fighting, why wouldn't they just keep Toadsworth as Peach's B all the time?
Well yeah, you might as well ask the same question for why they didn't just keep Conductor Link as well instead of replacing him with Alfonzo when Toon Link is present, their easthetic designs are different enough as to not cause any confusions (not to mention they are not even the same guy) but ah well, guess that's just my opinion. :/

I suppose this does shake things up for certain other characters like Toad and Ridley I guess....

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I didn't even consider this at first, but yeah I suppose it's possible. Toad may very well not be permanently dead...in fact here he is now. He just lost a stock:

Interesting theory. Wouldn't put all our hope in it as there's still only a slim shot at something like that happening, but...

He has a fighting chance again at least.

Pic of the day: "We're back *******!"

(Nah, still unlikely. Gives me more hope should we get DLC characters though...)

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am happy that Toad got another chance now that we know the truth about why Toon Link is both playable and a stage element... but I am a little peeved at Sakurai for giving us another glimmer of false hope, especially after this picture.... and this picture... those pictures cut me deep... but...

Pic of the day.
When Toad joins the battle, Toadsworth is in charge of Peach's ???.
Toadsworth: "Leave it to me!"

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Looks certainly positive - but I can't entirely call it a 1-up, because Rosalina's presence and emphasis put on her- not to mention it'd be quite strange we see Toad as a meatshield and then next a fighter. (hadn't we had like, 3 pics of him being the special anyway?). And even then, wouldn't this net us 6 Mario-newcomers? That'd be bit of an outrage...

We could try keeping our eyes open, but I'm not going to hold my breath on this however.
you mean two mario newcomers

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I might say one thing:

As much as we might put things on "exceptions" or "roundabouts" to give us some hope for newcomers, I think the golden rule is that they only happen once. So what happened to Charizard or Villager and Tink, won't apply to rest of PKMN, Assists (INCLUDING Little Mac, as likely he might seem) and previously de-confirmed screenshot wise in such a similar chance. There might always have been some special circumstance(s) that lead these characters to become playable and/or come up during development, which happen usually after the determination of roster.

Not meaning to sound overly discouraging but I think we need to stay realistic around this: otherwise Kapp'n confirmed lol

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I might say one thing:

As much as we might put things on "exceptions" or "roundabouts" to give us some hope for newcomers, I think the golden rule is that they only happen once. So what happened to Charizard or Villager and Tink, won't apply to rest of PKMN, Assists (INCLUDING Little Mac, as likely he might seem) and previously de-confirmed screenshot wise in such a similar chance. There might always have been some special circumstance(s) that lead these characters to become playable and come up during development, which happen usually after the determination of roster.

Not meaning to sound overly discouraging but I think we need to stay realistic around this: otherwise Kapp'n confirmed lol
Yeah, honestly I don't see Toad as likely at this point. It's something to consider, just don't pin your hopes on this Toad Brigade.

But support him still anyway.

Talking of which I think his third time on the Rate Their Chances is coming over the next few days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom