• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad parade - Oh boy it's Els--- I mean, Rosalina

What do you think will happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Maybe it was just a reference to the picture and I just didn't realize. Who knows.

I'd like Blue Toad to be playable.

Also, what's Toad's size comparison to the SSB4 Pikachu model?

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
It's funny because the picture could mean nothing, or everything.

Also, what's with Toad and this upcoming Direct? I overheard something about him specifically and this direct.

Something about Toad to be announced? Didn't hear about that. Doubt it'll be Smash related though so here's some other guesses;

He'll appear in one of Camelot's Sports games for once?
Mario Tennis Open; yeah sure give us nine ****ing Yoshis, 3 Mario incarnations, 2 Peach incarnations, 2 Bowser incarnations, Boo and a Luma(not even Rosalina, her equivalent to Toad and then don't add Toad. Don't give me that 'too small' BS either you've got two babies, a Luma and Jr. in Mario Tennis Open)
(unlikely)

Toad's Turnpike to make a return for Mario Kart 8? Blue Toad confirmed playable? Toadsworth confirmed? (Probably the first one)

Wario's Woods coming to WiiU eShop? (likely...at least eventually)

Wario's Woods U? (Very unlikely)

New multiplayer Mario announced(already), Toad is third/fourth playable character after the brothers(and maybe Peach)?(unlikely)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I may have misheard, like I said.

But I'd love a Toad something revealed I suppose. So long as it isn't New Super Toad Brothers something sidescroller mario copycat bull****.

Or the most unlikely scenario any human being can think of, he gets his own sub series.

Who knows. Tingle has his game. Wario, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Peach, and Yoshi have spin-offs.

I would NOT mind a Bowser spin off. Where you're a big brute (or maybe a tactical game like where you lead armies of troopas?) and you go around whooping all the other Mushroom villains. Toad could have his cute little quest. He could do something cute like Yoshi does in Yoshi Story.

**** I love Yoshi Story.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Who knows. Tingle has his game. Wario, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Peach, and Yoshi have spin-offs.

I would NOT mind a Bowser spin off. Where you're a big brute (or maybe a tactical game like where you lead armies of troopas?) and you go around whooping all the other Mushroom villains. Toad could have his cute little quest. He could do something cute like Yoshi does in Yoshi Story.

**** I love Yoshi Story.
Bowser's Inside Story is one of my favorite games ever.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I'm getting nervous now. Toad might be a thing today. So prepare to NOT expect anything guys. Just so you're not disappointed.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Three strikes and you are out... Sakurai showed three pictures of Toad still part of Peach's moveset... Sakurai needs to outright say he is never adding Toad as a playable character ever... just so I won't waste my time and energy supporting Toad for SSB5 and all future Smash games... I need closure... the Sukapon fans had their closure... where's ours? :cry:

Three strikes and you are out... Sakurai showed three pictures of Toad still part of Peach's moveset... Sakurai needs to outright say he is never adding Toad as a playable character ever... just so I won't waste my time and energy supporting Toad for SSB5 and all future Smash games... I need closure... the Sukapon fans had their closure... where's ours? :cry:
Quit whining man. Just wait and see. Chillax.
Whatever you like; it's your thread, Captain.
Sit back, relax and enjoy the show.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Welp. Can't say I didn't see this coming.

I mean I still think she was the worst option for a Mario rep possible, but that's the end of not only Toad, but Bowser Jr., Paper Mario and Waluigi.

Is she a duo character like Ice Climbers too? Guess they're not a problem anymore.

Welp. Can't say I didn't see this coming.

I mean I still think she was the worst option for a Mario rep possible, but that's the end of not only Toad, but Bowser Jr., Paper Mario and Waluigi.

Is she a duo character like Ice Climbers too? Guess they're not a problem anymore.
Chain grab

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Rosalina: first actual argument against toad i've seen in this thread.
Congratulations everybody :rosalina:
xD

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Rosalina was playable in only one Mario main game and she gets in... Toad was playable in four or five Mario main games and had his own game and he's still a special move? She is using abilities that Mario used in Galaxy games and she gets in... but God forbid Toad uses abilities that Mario used in New Super Mario Bros. games? Rosalina had the least amount of support and she gets in over Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, and Waluigi? Rosalina & Luma? Even the Luma is playable? Why couldn't it be Peach & Toad? *takes a deep breath* ...wait a minute... are we getting five Mario characters on the starting roster? This early? No... there's no unlockable 6th Mario character...

Rest in peace, Toad.

Rosalina was playable in only one Mario main game and she gets in... Toad was playable in four or five Mario main games and had his own game and he's still a special move? She is using abilities that Mario used in Galaxy games and she gets in... but God forbid Toad uses abilities that Mario used in New Super Mario Bros. games? Rosalina had the least amount of support and she gets in over Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, and Waluigi? Rosalina & Luma? Even the Luma is playable? Why couldn't it be Peach & Toad? *takes a deep breath* ...wait a minute... are we getting five Mario characters on the starting roster? This early? No... there's no unlockable 6th Mario character...

Rest in peace, Toad.
I'm actually hyped for a stupid reason

Herpderp. It'd sound stupid.

jreed3842

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina, huh? I honestly didn't think she'd be the one to become playable. Well, good for her... I guess. I do believe I have officially give up on Toad though. I doubt they'd add another Mario character.
I'll just have to put in faith for him to become playable in Smash Bros. 5, lol.

So was it Elsa that made you more ecstatic about Rosalina or what?

Either way, funny post.
Blonde/white hair, nearly same colored dress. Possible modding.

Herp derp yeah. If it weren't for me listening to Let it Go while the Rosalina trailer was playing, I wouldn't be all that hyped

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
I'm happy for Rosalina being the 5th Mario rep. Would have preferred Toad because he deserves it, but Rosalina looks cool and she isn't Bowser Jr.

Now, we still don't know how many reps the Mario series will get in the end, but I'd stop at 5 personally. Here's to hoping for that, DLC, or Smash 5.

Look at the bright side Toads, at least he was remembered. Unlike Jr, Waluigi and Paper Mario who weren't even given a single mention in Smash 4

:grin:

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
I suppose the prospect of Smash 5 gives Toad some more time to make a name for himself in future Mario games to the point where can no longer be ignored. Unfortunately, there may be some instances in main Mario games where Rosalina could be playable instead of Toad. It depends on what Miyamoto and his teams want. Will Rosalina continue to be a special character that doesn't interfere with a staple character like Toad until beating the game? Or will she become the new staple?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Well, at least it's not Jr.
I've got over Toad enough that I can appreciate that Rosalina looks really cool. So, I'm kinda happy.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I suppose the prospect of Smash 5 gives Toad some more time to make a name for himself in future Mario games to the point where can no longer be ignored. Unfortunately, there may be some instances in main Mario games where Rosalina could be playable instead of Toad. It depends on what Miyamoto and his teams want. Will Rosalina continue to be a special character that doesn't interfere with a staple character like Toad until beating the game? Or will she become the new staple?

Rosalina IS the new staple.

Ever since her debt in Galaxy she's been taking over.

- Appears in Galaxy
- Then gets confirmed for Mario Kart 6
- Then shows up in Galaxy 2
- Then gets confirmed for Mario Kart 7
- Then confirmed as a playable character in a staple 3D Mario game (very rare feat)
- Gets confirmed in Mario Kart 8
- Now she's in Smash 4, which is pretty much the biggest statement a Nintendo character can make

Like it or not shes become more relevant in 6 years than any other Mario character not named Mario, Peach, Luigi, or Bowser have throughout their lifespans... combined.

EDIT: Forgot to include that she also made an appearance in Mario Kart 6 (MKWii), so that makes 3 Mario Karts she's been in now.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
So when is chocolate milk being confirmed guize?

So sorry toad fans, i felt sorry for you guys since melee but it looks like he will forever be a meat shield. Oh well.

Morbi

Scavenger
You know that I am a Toad supporter 100%, but this reveal was a dream come true for me. I actually had to support her from the closet because I felt like an idiot. This is great though, I knew she was going to be playable! I wonder how that mod that everyone thought was crazy is celebrating.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It seems that only the playable, confirmed characters were shown. Had that not been the case, it would've been cool to see some other faces.
Would have loved to see the Blue Falcon on Rainbow Road! Brings back frustrating memories from Fzero 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom