• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad parade - Oh boy it's Els--- I mean, Rosalina

What do you think will happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The inclusion of one character does not influence the inclusion of another character from an entirely different franchise.
I never said it did. I wasn't trying to confirm Toad in SSB4. I was merely responding to the comments that seemed to imply that Toad was completely de-confirmed.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Hold up for a minute, I think Toad may still have a chance. Now before completely ignoring me, let me explain. What brought the rest of the surviving Toad supporters, including me, to believe that Toad was deconfirmed is the picture on November 15, where Sakurai showed us all 4 playable characters in SM3DW, with Toad being Pach's special again. However, I thought about this for a while and I think I may have an answer. Sakurai showed us Toad as Peach's special as he had no other way of showing all 4 Protagonist of the game without revealing Toad as a newcomer, and seeing how Sakurai seems to try to be holding off on newcomers at the moment, this was his alternative to still celebrating the game some. Now some of you may argue that he could have just placed Bower in, however, this would not contribute as well to showing one of the biggest thing we have in 3D World, the 4-player Multiplayer. So, adding Bowser wouldn't really add to much, as it would seem that it's just another Mario game OR that Bowser is a playable character in the game. So,I don't quite think that it's over yet for Toad. It's really alot of the same situation as Ridley and Toon Link.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Scat, I thought about that but wrote it off as scat because I am tired of Sakurai letting me let down when it comes to characters I wanted (even though I am happy with some characters I didn't ask for such as R.O.B. and Wii Fit Trainer) and I am also tired of people telling me I am wrong or delusional for coming up with reasons to stay hopeful about Toad. It would be really nice if Sakurai sucker-punched the Toad detractors by confirming Toad as a playable character after "deconfirming" Toad with that Miiverse picture from November 21, 2013 but I don't see that happening. Like others already said, the Toad situation is not the same as the R.O.B. situation in Brawl nor the Toon Link situation in SSB4.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hope for the best, expect the worst and you're ready to face whatever may come.

That's what we should be doing at the moment, ideally.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I would just write off Toad entirely. And if Sakurai does add him in, it will be an unexpected treat. But right now, you should just let go and enjoy the updates.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
I hate to say it if you like Toad, but after my reviewing, it appears he isn't making it in. If you have evidence as to why he may make it, please tell me as I'd like to know, being that I spend my time attempting to figure out everything about the new game.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hold up for a minute, I think Toad may still have a chance. Now before completely ignoring me, let me explain. What brought the rest of the surviving Toad supporters, including me, to believe that Toad was deconfirmed is the picture on November 15, where Sakurai showed us all 4 playable characters in SM3DW, with Toad being Pach's special again. However, I thought about this for a while and I think I may have an answer. Sakurai showed us Toad as Peach's special as he had no other way of showing all 4 Protagonist of the game without revealing Toad as a newcomer, and seeing how Sakurai seems to try to be holding off on newcomers at the moment, this was his alternative to still celebrating the game some. Now some of you may argue that he could have just placed Bower in, however, this would not contribute as well to showing one of the biggest thing we have in 3D World, the 4-player Multiplayer. So, adding Bowser wouldn't really add to much, as it would seem that it's just another Mario game OR that Bowser is a playable character in the game. So,I don't quite think that it's over yet for Toad. It's really alot of the same situation as Ridley and Toon Link.
I agree with you completely.

I do not see how he is any more deconfirmed than he was when Peach was revealed previously to have her neutral-b.

I do not want to argue about it at all, but I still think he has a chance, and I personally think you guys are jumping the gun by calling his deconfirmation.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I don't believe Sakurai thinks poorly of Toad. The most logical reason is that he believes there is already enough Mario characters and he should add more characters from other franchises.

I'd make this choice too. Mario has got enough going for him, so does Zelda and Pokemon. I'm sorry if your requested Mario/Zelda/Pokemon character doesn't get in but I'd rather have a diverse roster filled with all kinds of characters rather than a roster filled with characters from three franchises.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I disagree with you Koopaul. Melee had 5 Mario characters when there were only 25 slots. Brawl was going to have five Mario characters when there were probably going to have 40 slots (considering the Forbidden Seven minus Sonic). Why would Sakurai suddenly decide that 5 Mario characters are too many in a roster that is most likely going to have more than 40 characters?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I disagree with you Koopaul. Melee had 5 Mario characters when there were only 25 slots. Brawl was going to have five Mario characters when there were probably going to have 40 slots (considering the Forbidden Seven minus Sonic). Why would Sakurai suddenly decide that 5 Mario characters are too many in a roster that is most likely going to have more than 40 characters?
But assuming that the fifth character will be Toad is wrong. What real importance does Toad have for Nintendo? What has he contributed? A half-decent puzzle game that has Wario in the title? Classic-ness? There are better classic charactes that deserve to be in.

....... Wow, I forgot that there were 5 Mario characters in Melee. Silly me.

Sakurai's thoughts change over time. Just saying. I mean, look at the villager.

But assuming that the fifth character will be Toad is wrong. What real importance does Toad have for Nintendo? What has he contributed? A half-decent puzzle game that has Wario in the title? Classic-ness? There are better classic charactes that deserve to be in.
If you're talking about classic characters in the likes of Little Mac (Not really), Lip and all then yeah. If you're talking about him with the other Mario characters then you must be smoking on something

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Who are these "classic characters" who "deserve" to get in over Toad?

Who are these "classic characters" who "deserve" to get in over Toad?
Little Mac
Lip
Takamaru
Forgot the rest

... That's all I can list

Mario character that deserves to get in over Toad? Ask most people about it, if the meat shield reveal wasn't shown then it would be Toad

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
There aren't many classic characters who are pretty much deserving and/or iconic left...

But then again, someone on this thread mentioned that the inclusion of a character from one franchise doesn't affect the inclusion/exclusion of another character from another franchise...

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Like the others I do sort of agree the inclusion of Little Mac shouldn't really affect any Mario franchise character's inclusion. At least outright.

Assuming that the 5th character for Toad however isn't that surprising, what with his playable status in multiplayer Mario games/SMB2/Wario's Woods and general seniority. From the Super Mario franchise his only competition in terms of importance would be with Bowser Jr, which easily could have gone either way. Of the two, Toad is considerably better recognised all over the world, but Jr. is more popular amongst the Smash community at the very least.

Rosalina's only really become a contender and gained a bunch of attention because she's playable as a secret character in a game that already has Toad as a default character.

Waluigi is a dark horse choice, but not out the realm of possibility. I'm not underestimating him anyway.

Paper could happen, but he might rep his own series anyway.

Doc is the most likely choice if I'm honest, but so far I've only really seen Golden support his inclusion as a character over a simple skin. There may be others, I just haven't seen as much support for him as a character than a costume.

Other characters are what? Nabbit, King Boo, Geno, Petey, Daisy, Birdo, Fawful?
Geno and Fawful are never happening; Geno's got too much legal baggage and Mario + Luigi seems to get criminally overlooked all the time. Most would prefer Paper Mario for a Mario RPG character anyway.

Daisy, Petey and Birdo have very little support. Daisy didn't even beat Rosalina into getting into 3D World as the other playable female character, so I can't see her beating Rosalina into Smash either.

Petey's a boss, and honestly I'm not against him being playable, I just think him being included over Toad, Jr. or even Waluigi feels wrong.

King Boo can constantly float. Also he's a ghost you can't hit. Not sure how he'd actually work outside a Master Hand style boss.

Birdo, when she does get support, seems to be erroneously included as a Yoshi rep almost as much as Waluigi gets included as a Wario rep.

Nabbit. One appearance as a playable character beating out the importance of one with multiple playable appearances, a reoccurring villain or a popular spinoff character wouldn't go down well with Mario fans.

I can't think of many classic characters that have waited as long as Toad though to get in whilst making repeated appearances throughout the years aside from Ridley...maybe Dark Matter or Pig Ganon at a push?

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Like the others I do sort of agree the inclusion of Little Mac shouldn't really affect any Mario franchise character's inclusion. At least outright.

Assuming that the 5th character for Toad however isn't that surprising, what with his playable status in multiplayer Mario games/SMB2/Wario's Woods and general seniority. From the Super Mario franchise his only competition in terms of importance would be with Bowser Jr, which easily could have gone either way. Of the two, Toad is considerably better recognised all over the world, but Jr. is more popular amongst the Smash community at the very least.
Assuming isn' wrong, but it does make an ass out of us Smash fans. We shouldn't assume anything: we should put our requests out and go along for the ride, instead of speculating. Sakurai will put who he wants to in; whether that's Toad or not I don't know, and neither does anyone else.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Assuming isn' wrong, but it does make an *** out of us Smash fans. We shouldn't assume anything: we should put our requests out and go along for the ride, instead of speculating. Sakurai will put who he wants to in; whether that's Toad or not I don't know, and neither does anyone else.

Agreed, but it'd make Smash speculation pretty boring if we didn't support characters or ideas.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Toad is the second most screwed potential newcomer after Classic Link... he's screwed.
Don't forget Masked Link..... And NES Link..... And.... Pretty much every other Link you can think of who aren't Twilight Princes and Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Toon Link. Every single one of these Link's have met with a terrible fate.

Not saying not to support, just don't say that a character is pretty much going to happen. Keep it as speculation.
The biggest mistake of the Ridley supporters before the pyrosphere reveal.

Well, most of them, at the least.

Although, I'm pretty diddily sure no one said he's a shoe-in

And plus, speculating's fun. Sans the disappointment. But hey, at least it was 50% sweet and bitter unlike the usual rejects

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
For those of you discussing the November 15th picture of the day, I have some bad news. There;s the possibility that he just had Peach show Toad because Toad isn't in, and here's why. Despite whatever said above, Sakurai isn't holding off on showing characters. In fact, he's been showing us many, more then 1 a month in some cases. There's no hold back on characters, and not really a reason for him to get in. I mean, look at my signature. How many of those characters will actually get in? Maybe 1, 2 if even. Sabrina won't, Brendan might, Rosalina has a good chance, and Chrom and Tharja will have to fight each other for a place.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
For those of you discussing the November 15th picture of the day, I have some bad news. There;s the possibility that he just had Peach show Toad because Toad isn't in, and here's why. Despite whatever said above, Sakurai isn't holding off on showing characters. In fact, he's been showing us many, more then 1 a month in some cases. There's no hold back on characters, and not really a reason for him to get in. I mean, look at my signature. How many of those characters will actually get in? Maybe 1, 2 if even. Sabrina won't, Brendan might, Rosalina has a good chance, and Chrom and Tharja will have to fight each other for a place.
Only one I can see with any possibility of getting in is Chrom. Sakurai may not be holding back on the veterans, but he is on the newcomers

Rosalina? No.

Chrom and Tharja? No. Maybe Chrom but Thraja's a no since I don't even hear a squeak about her. It's all Lucina, Marth and Anna-whoever that is.

More importantly, there aren't (Edit) news regarding this. You don't have any sort of evidence supporting this claim what-so-ever. Lastly, he BARELY showed us any characters. He shows new veterans at a sluggish pace. So, I don't know where you're coming from at all. And who the hell is Sabrina and Brendan? They're like the names of my friends in real life. That's all I know

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
And who the hell is Sabrina and Brendan? They're like the names of my friends in real life. That's all I know
Both from Pokemon:
Sabrina is Saffron City's Gym Leader. The psychic girl who turned people into dolls in the anime and wields an Alakazam as well as psychic powers herself. I sort of think she would be a semi interesting character considering she has a unique ability or two herself, but she's got less hope than Toad or a new Link.

Brendan's the male Hoenn protagonist. Often neglected in favour of the more popular May. Most likely to include the Hoenn starters Trainer wise.

But I agree it feels like he's holding back on newcomers, but the veterans are being shown off, thus it's perfectly viable that characters like Chrom could still be playable. I'm just considerably less hopeful for a last minute surprise featuring a playable Toad now.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
The fact that he revealed all the Mario veterans almost immediately is quite curious, and is lending itself very nicely to a Mario newcomer being on the horizon. It's just a matter of if it's Toad or if it isn't

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Why doesn't everyone face it? The cool kids are sitting out this one.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Everyone's en-ti-teld to their own op-inionions.

But seriously, Toad doesn't suck. That's all I'll say. I just like posting it before others do :)

I don't think you understand what I said.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
We Toad fans have the blues.
If we're lucky.

D

Deleted member

I don't care what anyone says, I'm keeping my hopes up no matter what.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I feel like Toad's chances are basically obliterated by last Thursday's pic.
The fact that Toad was represented by Peach's special move in a picture obviously based off of Super Mario 3D World disconfirms both Toad AND Blue Toad at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom