• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad parade - Oh boy it's Els--- I mean, Rosalina

What do you think will happen?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Why else would Sakurai specifically mention changing Peach's moveset before SSB4 comes out? He didn't say anything like that about other characters. People always said that Toad cannot be playable in Smash as long as he is part of Peach's moveset... and lo and behold... Sakurai talks about changing Peach's moveset. I believe Sakurai is seriously considering Toad's inclusion to SSB4's roster.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sakurai has already decided the roster though. I don't think Toad is going to be a character that fails to get in due to time constraints, so he is either going to be in the game or not.

Its possible that Sakurai might remove the Toad-special (if Toad is playable) because he eventually decides its awkward to have them both in the game.

However, as I said before, I am waiting until November/December before my hope for Toad depresses to what it is like for most people.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
When was the SSB4 roster finalized?
Sakurai did not say when. He just said that the consideration stage was over (back in June), and that now its a matter of who does not make it in through either technical complications or time constraints (an example of technical complications back in Brawl would be Dixie Kong, while time constraints would be Mewtwo and Roy).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
personally im going to wait until we see the full roster before i count toad out entirely

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hmmm.... let's see... SSB4 development started on either February (after Uprising went gold), March (when Uprising hit the market), or April (after Uprising is already out) in 2012... and SSB4 trailers was revealed on June 2013. The consideration stage apparently ended on June 2013... so that means Sakurai was considering possible newcomers for 14-16 months. Within that time period, Sakurai and Namco completed Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer and had them ready for E3 2013. I think Toad and Ridley are some of the possible newcomers Sakurai considered during that time period. I think Sakurai and Namco haven't completed them yet.. hence Sakurai teasing with these Pyrosphere pictures and saying that Peach's moveset would be changed.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Sakurai did not say when. He just said that the consideration stage was over (back in June), and that now its a matter of who does not make it in through either technical complications or time constraints (an example of technical complications back in Brawl would be Dixie Kong, while time constraints would be Mewtwo and Roy).
let's not put roy and Mewtwo together. Mewtwo is the hottest thing since sliced bread considering he at this point is the de facto mascot for gen 6. He's got not one, but 2 mega forms, more than any other character (because they all have one). There's a very good chance the Pokemon company will be all like, hey Sakurai, put Mewtwo back in cause he's awesome and we made him more awesome.

On being a member of the Toad Parade for much longer, I will always be a member of Toad Parade. But I don't think it's good idea to place character based focus on hype. Gameplay is what counts, and it's what Sakurai will be focusing on with this game. No character is inevitable and there is no reason to believe there is a timeline of any revelations. If we get Toad, it could be October or Sakurai might wait for a release date surprise. Never give up hope. Because Toad is the best!

Enjoy your false hope!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I was talking about how characters that are planned for Smash 4 could be scrapped due to technical limitations or time constraints. I gave Dixie Kong as an example of a character that got scrapped due to technical constraints, while I gave the examples of Mewtwo and Roy for characters that were scrapped due to time constraints.

I think what I was saying went over your head. I do think Mewtwo is the single most likely un-announced ""newcomer" for Smash 4 (there is even a good chance he will be confirmed next month), however, I was talking about Brawl's development.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, let's hope there's no time constraints or technical limitations keeping Toad and Ridley out of SSB4 if they are indeed considered this time around.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I was talking about how characters that are planned for Smash 4 could be scrapped due to technical limitations or time constraints. I gave Dixie Kong as an example of a character that got scrapped due to technical constraints, while I gave the examples of Mewtwo and Roy for characters that were scrapped due to time constraints.

I think what I was saying went over your head. I do think Mewtwo is the single most likely un-announced ""newcomer" for Smash 4 (there is even a good chance he will be confirmed next month), however, I was talking about Brawl's development.
gotcha. but that's speculation on the part of those two characters.

Sakurai loves his big reveals, so I'm thinking no Toad reveal until the game comes out, if there is a toad.

Too bad Toad is already out.
No. Why? No confirmation yet and that's all I need. Anything you'll say that makes the most sense possible does not matter as long as there's no confirmation.

But I would say say that he isn't likely. At all. And no, I'm not being denial either. I'd only be considered being denial if it's already confirmed which hasn't happened according to the majority of the community.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Thanks for contributing to this thread, that was a productive thing to say.
I'm just here to bring objective facts and unbiased news to the masses

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Question, guys...What do you think Peach's b neutral would be changed to if Toad gets in?

@peacock how the heck did you answer my question literally right before I said it?

That is the best solution. Problem is if Sakurai's gonna do it or not.

Get ready for a, "He won't," comment.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
At this point Sakurai REALLY should've changed Toad to Toadsworth. (Considering the old guy's role in the games after all)

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
that would be awesome.
I would changes it to a:

Or a pink Toad.
Maybe specifically Toadette.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Question, guys...What do you think Peach's b neutral would be changed to if Toad gets in?
Toadsworth or Perry.

Notice that Sakurai haven't shown Peach's specials besides Toad. What's up with that?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
At this point Sakurai REALLY should've changed Toad to Toadsworth. (Considering the old guy's role in the games after all)
Denial mode... what if the picture of Peach with Toad is really from early in the development process... they originally had Toad as Peach's move, took that picture... and then months later... changed Peach's Toad move to something else while they are developing Toad as a playable character... and then posted said picture on Miiverse with the comment stating that Peach's moveset "may be refreshed" when it's already refreshed. :awesome:

That should have been done since Brawl (Because of Mario Sunshine and several other Mario RPGs).

But anyway, anything can happen out of the blue. To be honest, I've been thinking that a surprise is sort of more likely than people think, but I'm forcing it. Remember though, there's more than one Toad with the same color so yeah, note that. He may change it out of awkwardness. Fingers crossed.

One thing's for sure, Toad isn't deconfirmed (Obvious) but his position right now is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom