• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toad Discussion

DokturSea

Smash Lord
If they're doing this the same way they did with Melee, there won't be any "secret" characters. They'll announce them all, but of course, only a few will not have to be unlocked.

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
Wow, finally, I've found a home. Having used Toad in every game in which he is playable (ie SMB2, every Sports game, and those few seconds in the beginning of Superstar Saga), I would call myself an avid fan of his. I used to hate the taste of mushrooms... but now I like them... for Toad. Anyway, I sound wierd.

What I am here to say is that many people say that Toad will not be a character as he is a species and not a main nintendo character... or 'there are too many Nintendo characters! I want Sonic, Geno and other...'... non-Nintendo fakes! Anyway, I say Bah to these people. Having been in the aforementioned games, including a main character in a mainseries Mario game (SMB2), he deserves a spot in Brawl. Surely God (Sakurai) will allow for him.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Welcome, Sir Jigsbee! You are among friends here. You sound quite a bit like myself, and it's heartwarming to meet a fellow Kinopio fanboy. :)

And Doktur, the "secret" characters were announced after Melee's released--or at least officially, anyhow. They were only all revealed right around the release, and only because the info leaked from the lucky Japanese folk that got the game before we did.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Yes, really. =)

The game was released in Japan on November 21st, 2001. The first character update on the Japanese Smash site AFTER the release date was Luigi, posted on November 27th, 2001. All of the default characters had profiles up by November 6th, 2001, the last post of which was Zelda's.

Also, Toad fans: don't give up hope just yet. I remembered an article from a recent-ish issue of NP that took a look at the Smash phenomenon. Toward the end of the article, they mentioned that they had asked all of their interviewees, many of whom worked on the English SSBM, which characters they would like to see in Brawl. Guess who topped the list? Wario and TOAD! Not only that, but Pit was mentioned on the list, as were Ike and Hammer Bro. I recently posted the transcript and my thoughts in "Confirmed Character Discussion (Part 2)" if you'd like to check it out. But seeing as quite a few of the characters listed have made it into Brawl or have a very good chance (Ike), we mustn't get discouraged. :)

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
the way i look at it, its between toad and fawful and the looser goes over to AT. and remember I HAVE FURY!!!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Funnily enough, Fawful was also included on the NP mini-poll in that article. I had no idea he was so popular! I liked him, but Toad > Fawful for sure. =)

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
despite my liking for toad, fawful is better. he is a villian, he gives us some rep from the mario rpgs, he is badass, his movesets are limitless and HE HAS FURY!!!!! i wish both of them could get in but sadly it is not to be in this game

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Yes, really. =)

The game was released in Japan on November 21st, 2001. The first character update on the Japanese Smash site AFTER the release date was Luigi, posted on November 27th, 2001. All of the default characters had profiles up by November 6th, 2001, the last post of which was Zelda's.
Foiled...

And yay for Toad! Hopefully this will shift the anti-Toad aura that seems to encompass the earth...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I agree! It's so disheartening to see people hating so vehemently on an adorable little mushroom guy. Little do they all know that, once Toad is playable in Brawl, all of their bitter sentiments and anger will come back to them tenfold via Toad's fists, veggies and noggin. =)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Then Toad and Fawful can team up and unleash their collective fury? Sounds fine to me, just as long as Toad is playable.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'd be really pleased if both Fawful and Toad got in as PCs in Brawl, but I think that Toad is the more likely candidate due to his seniority and his notable position in the Marioverse as one of the Big 8. Perhaps we'll find out in a few hours' time if one of these fine fellows will be at our behest when Brawl comes out... Just cross your fingers that neither gets demoted to an AT! (Or at least not Toad, haha). =)

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
Yeah. And also, the main thing you have to remember is this:

->Toad has been playable in many games before. Fawful has been playable in none. Sure Fawful has a humurous personality, and is a villian, but I think that all Toads have much better personalities. They're lovable. And their design is excellent.

Additionally, Fawful has only been in 2nd Party Mario games (made by AlphaDream). Whereas Toad has been in the very first Nintendo Mario game (ie SMB1) in his all important role of reminding Mario how pointless most of his quest was!

Also, having played Superstar Saga, I have deduced that Fawful only really has about 2 usable moves for SSBB. Toad has loads because he has been in so many games.

PS Aeris, I love your sig!

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
ok 1, most of those games toad was playable in was sports games and some mario carts. using those as an argument is the same as saying waluigi has been in allot of games. the only two where he actually fought people was super mario 3 and wario woods which was a tetris knock-off.
2, fawful has allot of moves he can use. that helmate can suck up enemies and fire lasers. and he also has his acrobat costume which lets him fly and shoot machine gun like fire balls from his antenna, while toad throws turnips. and lets not forget that fox and captain falcon had no moves to draw from for smash bros, and they gave them awseume moveset. so its not impossible for the smash team to come up with a moveset.
3, fawful has a million times more personallity then toad. toad has always seemed very bland, not to mention that there of thousands of toads who all look the same, sure he is peaches personal bodyguard but he really sucks at it cause she's always getting kidnapped. and fawful is completely mental, which gives him a colorful personality and allows for an excellent moveset capabilities

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
neither has geno and people are clamoring to get him in. and the mario and luigi series are bigg sellers, why not put some rep from a successful mario rpg, and why not a villian that everyone loves

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Additionally, Fawful has only been in 2nd Party Mario games (made by AlphaDream). Whereas Toad has been in the very first Nintendo Mario game (ie SMB1) in his all important role of reminding Mario how pointless most of his quest was!

Also, having played Superstar Saga, I have deduced that Fawful only really has about 2 usable moves for SSBB. Toad has loads because he has been in so many games.

PS Aeris, I love your sig!
Ahahah I never realized it, but Toad presents Mario with such an existential conflict! I love it. :laugh: Likewise, I'm glad you like the sig! It's thanks to Stryks, so you could ask him to use it if you'd like.

ok 1, most of those games toad was playable in was sports games and some mario carts. using those as an argument is the same as saying waluigi has been in allot of games. the only two where he actually fought people was super mario 3 and wario woods which was a tetris knock-off.

2, fawful has a million times more personallity then toad. toad has always seemed very bland, not to mention that there of thousands of toads who all look the same, sure he is peaches personal bodyguard but he really sucks at it cause she's always getting kidnapped. and fawful is completely mental, which gives him a colorful personality and allows for an excellent moveset capabilities
1) He was playable in SMB2, not 3, and just so happened to be the best character of the four available. Not only was he the strongest, but the fastest as well. And Wario's Woods was derived from Tetris, but not just a simple knock-off. Yes, many of his other playable roles have been in sports, racing and party games; on the other hand, doesn't the same hold true for Luigi and Peach, sans Luigi's Mansion and SPP?

2) That is untrue. I won't debate who has more personality, but Toad has personality a-plenty. Sure, he's not the best bodyguard in the world; but Peach still gets kidnapped, even when under Mario and Luigi's watch. Toad can be timid, but is conversely rather outgoing. He's excitable, fun-loving, adorable and emotional. And SMB2 is a perfect example of the fact that even when he's scared, Toad can pluck up the courage and fight--and **** well, I might add. =)

neither has geno and people are clamoring to get him in. and the mario and luigi series are bigg sellers, why not put some rep from a successful mario rpg, and why not a villian that everyone loves
Geno still has a higher chance than Fawful, though. And everyone loves neither Fawful nor Toad. Both characters have their respective fanbases and their respective detractors. Of the two, however, I still believe that Toad is better suited for Brawl because of seniority, notoriety and originality.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
ok here is my long list in response to aeris

i was thinking of the gba port which was called super mario bros. 3 advance
i'll say toad has a very shy personailty until he is pushed to extremes, how bout that
geno is third party and he is owned by square, those lower his chances allot.
once again, 2 roles not involved in party, kart, or sport, which ties him with fawful
luigi has been the player two role in almost every mario game, especially the originals and peach has always been the damsel in distress until recently, and she was also playable in the paper mario games
both toad and fawful are incredibly original, so they are tied there at best
eh, in notoriety fawful comes in a very close second i would imagine, but only because he hasn't been around as long

so in conclusion i would like to see both in, but if we could only have one, then i hope it'll be fawful

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm not familiar with the port, but I know of it. I didn't know that Toad was playable, but that's neat. Maybe I'll have to pick it up, haha. =)

And as much as people can argue that Geno is third-party and, therefore, has less of a chance at inclusion, I have one word to counteract that belief: SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE! Haha, really, though. Sakurai knows how unbelievably popular Geno is (especially stateside), and it would be foolish of him to not take that into consideration. His inclusion is possible, especially with the Nintendo-Square crossovers in Mario Hoops 3-on-3.

I still don't think that Fawful has reached Toad-level notoriety. Toad has been around since Mario's inception back in the day. Fawful has only appeared in recent years. Also, Toad is familiar to many people, even casual gamers. Fawful, on the other hand, has a far more "niche" popularity. Because Toad has been in so many games, he is more easily recognizable than Fawful. Toad benefits from being a side character in a huge franchise, one often shoved out of the limelight, while also retaining a solid popularity: the best of both worlds! =)

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
once again, 2 roles not involved in party, kart, or sport, which ties him with fawful
This does no tie him with Fawful, as Fawful has had 1 actual role. The other role was as a shopkeeper in Partners in Time! Not, in my opinion, one in which moves can be based off of. Yet, moves can be based off of sport games, as we have seen in Princess Peach's SBB:M moveset.

Yes, in fact. Toad is quite likely to enter the Smash World for this reason!:

Princess Peach has, aside from SPP, had the exact same amount of roles as Toad has had. And she was involved in SSB:M with a quite compelling moveset. Now she's been in Super Princess Peach and Super Paper Mario, she'll, undoubtedly, have a completely new, more platform-based moveset. But what about the old SMB2 moves, like picking up vegetables. Only one mushroom can replace this role: Toad! (or Toadbert, Toadsworth, Zess T., Tayce T., Toadia, Toadette, Fice T., etc. Take your pick :laugh:). Also, toad could use a headbut or two, and some flips.

In fact, perhaps we should have a contest to design the best Toad moveset, just to make sure its workable. I'll give it my best shot but I'm not good at these...

Toad

A;A;A = Punch; Kick; Headbut
A^ = Headbut juggles enemies upward
A> = Slide tackle (from Strikers Charged ( in which, again, he is my favourite character!))
Av = Toad kick

Dash A = Toad Dive!

B = I f close to an enemy, picks 'em up. Press again to chuck them (into others?)
B^= Toad somersault from SMB2 when you hold down and then jump
B> = Toad Kart! Wario has the Wario Chopper where he gets on a motorbike; and so should Toad get on a Kart!
Bv = Picks up... vegetable;bomb; or football

SMASH A> = Smacks opponents forwards with Baseball bat.
SMASH A^ = Toad Headbut upwards, but stronger; much stronger.
SMASH Av = Gets out golf club and smacks opponent into ground.

Taunt = Toad looks at screen, gives peace sign, and says "I'm the Best!" - Like in Mario Kart.

Hm... Not too sure about the sporty moves, but Toad deserves a Kart, if Wario has a Bike!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
This does no tie him with Fawful, as Fawful has had 1 actual role. The other role was as a shopkeeper in Partners in Time! Not, in my opinion, one in which moves can be based off of. Yet, moves can be based off of sport games, as we have seen in Princess Peach's SBB:M moveset.

Yes, in fact. Toad is quite likely to enter the Smash World for this reason!:

Princess Peach has, aside from SPP, had the exact same amount of roles as Toad has had. And she was involved in SSB:M with a quite compelling moveset. Now she's been in Super Princess Peach and Super Paper Mario, she'll, undoubtedly, have a completely new, more platform-based moveset. But what about the old SMB2 moves, like picking up vegetables. Only one mushroom can replace this role: Toad! (or Toadbert, Toadsworth, Zess T., Tayce T., Toadia, Toadette, Fice T., etc. Take your pick :laugh:). Also, toad could use a headbut or two, and some flips.
Thanks for pointing that out about Fawful: it certainly helps to build our case!

On the other hand, saying that ANY mushroom can replace the role of vegetable-plucker is incorrect. ONLY Toad pulled vegetables from the ground and tossed them at the enemies of Subcon. To say that any old mushroom could perform the same task is only feeding the sentiment that the "real" Toad (Kinopio) no longer exists. Kinopio, however, was the only Toad to ever perform this task and is the only one that ever will. Because he's the best. :)

And I'll type up a moveset later if I'm in the mood. I agree about the kart, though!

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
toad need a mushroom power where he summons a random mushroom, they are

posion mushroom- 5% damage every second for 10 seconds
death mushroom- instant KO
1 up mushroom- gives you an extra head in stock battles, or raies score by 1
reg mushroom- heals player 20%
giant mushroom- turns you giant for 30 seconds

the second does count because it showed us fawful's plans of conquest and revealed some more of his craziness, and look at what they did with fox and captain falcon, who had games in which no moves could be based off.
fawful has more then a ninch of popularity, as most every mario gamer knows him and some even quote him. although fawful lacks senority he has that magnetic personality that is hard to forget, unlike toad who always seemed like a shy person
i will agree with you that more non-gamers know toad rather then fawful, but i don't think the non-gamers are a major part of the smash marketing.
true, geno is very wanted but square is a ***** of a company to deal with, so nintendo will have to chunk out more money to get him then with other third parties, and as we all know slots are limited.
and i don't know if toad notoriety counts fer ****. he has only had two playable roles not counting party and sports and kart games, which were so long ago most new gamers and non gamers only know him as that guy who is the referee in mario party, or that guy from mariokart with a shroom on his head, or that munchkin from those sports games. so when you think about it toad had a so called "niche" popularity, as if you showed most people a picture of him and said "do you want him in brawl" 75% percent would say hell to the no, 30% would say why not, and the rest would go "what the guy from all those kart, sports, and party games?!?!?"
now this is nothing against toad... well actually yes it is, i would personally love to see him in brawl, just not before fawful.

so in conclusion, i will say that both toad and fawful have cult followings, so i it'll be a tough choice for sakurai

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
the second does count because it showed us fawful's plans of conquest and revealed some more of his craziness, and look at what they did with fox and captain falcon, who had games in which no moves could be based off.
fawful has more then a ninch of popularity, as most every mario gamer knows him and some even quote him. although fawful lacks senority he has that magnetic personality that is hard to forget, unlike toad who always seemed like a shy person
i will agree with you that more non-gamers know toad rather then fawful, but i don't think the non-gamers are a major part of the smash marketing.
true, geno is very wanted but square is a ***** of a company to deal with, so nintendo will have to chunk out more money to get him then with other third parties, and as we all know slots are limited.
and i don't know if toad notoriety counts fer ****. he has only had two playable roles not counting party and sports and kart games, which were so long ago most new gamers and non gamers only know him as that guy who is the referee in mario party, or that guy from mariokart with a shroom on his head, or that munchkin from those sports games. so when you think about it toad had a so called "niche" popularity, as if you showed most people a picture of him and said "do you want him in brawl" 75% percent would say hell to the no, 30% would say why not, and the rest would go "what the guy from all those kart, sports, and party games?!?!?"
now this is nothing against toad... well actually yes it is, i would personally love to see him in brawl, just not before fawful.

so in conclusion, i will say that both toad and fawful have cult followings, so i it'll be a tough choice for sakurai
Interesting mushroom attack you came up with. I'd say it's a bit too risky and the extremes are almost too extreme, but it's an interesting idea nonetheless.

Yes, many current Mario fans know who Fawful is, or at least know of him. I don't know if "magnetic" is the word that I would choose for his personality, though; "comical" and "deranged" come to mind.

I disagree about the marketing to an extent. No, Smash itself is not targeted to the casual gamer; Wii, however, is. Because SSB's popularity has grown so much since the series' inception, even casual gamers will take note of it. Likewise, the casual gamers whose collective interests are piqued by the Wii are also likely to consider Smash. Sakurai knows Nintendo's marketing plan and, given this scheme, Toad would be the more likely candidate.

As far as I know, Nintendo and Square are back on good terms. Mario Hoops had Square cameos, and there are a couple Square-developed titles for DS and Wii. Don't discount Geno just yet.

Um...your percentages don't add up, lol. 75 + 30 + "the rest" = 105+% Regardless, people still know who Toad is. And if we're asking new- or non-gamers, wouldn't they be even less likely to recognize Fawful over Toad? Remember that Fawful has only appeared in two games TOTAL, while Toad has been featured in a plethora. Whichever way you slice it, Toad is still more popular and more recognizable than Fawful.

Again, I'm not anti-Fawful. I would just much rather see Toad get in as a PC. :)

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i was not paying attention when i made that percentage, and i was working on a 120% scale, and sure more non-gamers may no toad then fawful, but they only know him as "that guy with a mushroom hat from the mario party, sports, and kart games"

and i doubt that every casual gamer will go straight for ssbb, although they may intergrate over time.

what i hope for is updates after the game has come out that adds more characters

oh and im not anti-toad, i would just prefer fawful much more, and thx for the compliment on my mushroom attack, toad can either apply the mushrooms to himself or throw them at an enemy

so in conclusion i say toad and fawful's chances are about equal

Fawriel

Smash Master
Wheeee, moveset contest!
How much money's in it for me?

Alright, so my Toad shall have lower than average strength, medium movement speed, low weight and so on. Sucks? Nah, not really.
His strength lies in being defensive. He has supreme rolling skills ( quick and with many invulnerability frames ), a good projectile ( tuuuurnips ), fast attacks, a very good recovery, and all attacks involving his huge toady head make that thing invulnerable. Which ain't bad considering it takes up most of his mass.
Okay, I'm kinda imagining the Toad in Onifrio's signature. He's just so cute!

And to top it off, his shield is like Yoshi's, hiding under his head. It's jump-cancelable, though.

As for his moves, Toad will sport sport game moves... but only some and only from Strikers Charged, because that's simply the coolest one.
And of course, he'll be comically overpowered. Woo!

A, A: Left hook, right hook ( with a grim face! )

^ tilt: Hide'n'Hit - Crouches down, hiding under his mushroom head, then shoots himself up to juggle enemies above him.
> tilt: Roundhouse - Chuck Norris! Actually, this one's pretty weak.
V tilt: Headbutt - A brick-shattering(?) headbutt downwards that works as a meteor; enemies on the ground pop up, enemies in the air... get meteor'd!

^ Smash: Beadhutt - Same starting animation as the Headbutt, but then he jumps and flips to land on his head, feet kicking up, turns once, then flops back down. All the three first phases do damage of some sort ( jump, flip-kick, turn ), but only the flip-kick does anything significant. The others are just there in case the main attack whiffs.
> Smash: Strike! - Toad's most reliable finisher ( the only one that doesn't require edge-guarding ). Jump, matrix-y slow-mo hold, KICK! The opponent flies a pretty decent distance on FIRE!
V Smash: Breakdown - Much like Mario's dsmash, but with damage dealt at both sides: By the feet and the head. The head hitboxes are stronger than Mario's version, the feet are weaker. It also comes out behind him and very quickly, which makes this a good defense against backstabbers.

Nair: Toadhammer! - Toad copies Pikachu, but can't quite curl up into a ball, which makes him look kinda like a funky sort of hammer someone threw away. About the same strength, maybe a tad weaker. Head does damage.
Uair: Intercept! - That type of kick football players sometimes do to hit balls above them. Depending on where it hits, it can send diagonally up, horizontally or even semi-spike in the direction behind Toad.
Fair: Kick-in-Air - A kick forward, pretty okay strength.
Bair: My Hero's Edgeguard ( okay, getting unrealistic with the names ) - Like Mario's, less strength.
Dair: Drillkick - ^_^

B: Toad! - Toad copies himself! He sprays spores in front of him that can hold an attacker dead in their tracks and deals a bit of damage, too. Has some start-up and cool-down time, but the hitbox stays out about as long as the cool-down lasts, so it's not completely useless.

^B: Lucky Mushroom - This one's fun. Wonder how Toad stayed alive for so long? He's one lucky mushroom...bastard.
Used on the ground, Toad will look scared and cover his face for a while. Anyone who approaches on the ground as he covers his face will miraculously slip and tumble ( see "Banana Peel" )! It also causes Toad to immediately stop hiding and start kicking.
Used in the air, Toad will once again feel scared and think he's done for. But fret not, little mushroom! A sudden powerful gust of wind comes up and carries Toad aloft!
An enemy struck by the wind will have trouble getting close ( no damage, though ), but best of all, Toad really flies up a great distance ( yay for being featherweight! ) and he does NOT lose control over his moves! However, he can only use it once until he lands safely on the ground again, even if he's hit after using it. Which should be no problem, considering he can still use aerials and his airdodge to make it back.

>B: Deke(?) - It's a counter. Yes, almost ALL his b moves are counters of some sort. Told you he's defensive. This one is like Marth's and Roy's, but much more subtle as he only gets into a defensive stance without flashing, and there's hardly any start-up and cool-down. However, his attack, should he be hit, does not come out instantly or multiply damage. Instead, he jumps over his enemy and tries to kick them in the backhead for decent damage and horizontal knockback.
The attack can be avoided, but if it isn't seen coming, it can be quite useful.

VB: Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurnips - Since Peach might well get a new moveset to reflect her new "powers", this one goes to Toad. His are weaker, though. No stitchfaces! However, he plucks them more quickly, as he did in SMB2.
There's also a small chance of plucking a mushroom ( yay ), which heals about 25%.

There you have it, the perfect defensive character. Woo!

EDIT: Holy crap is this much. I should really get paid for this. *slaps newspaper on the table*

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Actually, a lot of my non-gamer friends know who Toad is, even before I start gushing about how much I love him, haha.

I do hope for downloadable updates to the game, though: new characters, stages, etc. We went six whole years without a single update to Melee. Just think of how neat it would be to get an updated roster a year or two after release! Granted, that would kind of diffuse the excitement of Sakurai's hand-picked roster, but it would spice things up to see a new face every so often.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Overwhelming response. \o_

I don't care how strong he was in SMB2, really. It makes no sense that he's very strong because it just doesn't work with his build. In all other games, he seems to be fast and light. In Strikers Charged, he( they ) jump(s) all over the place.

In most games Mario is stronger than Luigi, and look what happened to that.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
well i think it would be more interesting. you see toad is a top heavy character, with loads of upperbody strength. his weakness is that he has stubby legs which make for poor jumping. toad has average speed, with stats resembling this

offense- 4/5
speed- 3/5
jump- 2/5
defence- 3/5

ask any toad fan and they will tell you just that

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
Good movesets so far. I'm horrible at making movesets, so I'll just use B-moves that I've liked. ;)

B: Bazooka
B> Throws star
B^ Jump that was used in SMB2 (Damages enemies also)
BV Turnip/mushroom/etc. from the ground
FS: Grows really big (I know, unorignal)
Taunt: I'm the best!

I think his shield should be regular, because using his head would just make his head hurt, lol.

I'm obviously not good at making movesets, but one thing is for sure: Toad would be a great addition to Brawl!

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
well i think it would be more interesting. you see toad is a top heavy character, with loads of upperbody strength. his weakness is that he has stubby legs which make for poor jumping. toad has average speed, with stats resembling this

offense- 4/5
speed- 3/5
jump- 2/5
defence- 3/5

ask any toad fan and they will tell you just that
Hey, you spelt d-e-f-e-n-c-e right! Yay! (That is... unless your American, in which case its wrong:p)

Woah woah woah woah woah! Woah! Ask any Toad fan? I'm a Toad fan and I disagree. I think Fawriel has the right idea about lower offence and higher defence. But I also think that speed is of the essence. In every one of Toad's sporting outlets, He specialises, almost solely, on speed. As a Toad fan, I submit this for your pleasure:

offense- 1/5 (Yes, very low!)
speed- 4/5
jump- 3/5
defence- 4/5

Jump is higher because of:

->Mario Strikers Charched and;

->Mario Tennis

Defence is high because hes a bodyguard.

Why is offence so low, I hear you ask? Well for many a reason!:

->Firstly, in SMB3, when trying to attack a Koopa Kid, he does no damage and bounces backward!

->In every sporting game, his strength/power/striking/offence has been low!

-> In Mario Kart, top speed & weight = offence... sort of.
whilst Acceleration & turning = speed... sort of.
Toad has 'speed' assets.

Also, to Fawriel, what a great moveset, I forgot aerials. Yours are brilliant. I like the emphasis on defence. But don't forget speed - Terribly important! Also, good use of Strikers Charged moves. Toad is my favourite character in that game ^^

Edit:
Digifreak642 said:
I'm obviously not good at making movesets, but one thing is for sure: Toad would be a great addition to Brawl!
Yay; another Toad fan!!!

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
there yah go, proving my point that toad is at this point known more for his party, sports, and kart games then he is for his actual adventures, which is why fawful will win the mario spot

Sir Jigsbee

Smash Cadet
there yah go, proving my point that toad is at this point known more for his party, sports, and kart games then he is for his actual adventures, which is why fawful will win the mario spot
Gasp! How very dare you!

Why do you not understand. Fawful has been in ONE game! ONE game!!! (Don't reply saying:" OH NOES!!!1!!ONE!!! He's been in Partners, yoo stupid "- He was a shopkeeper!) Toad has been in 1...2...3... etc. Over 17 games. 17>>>>>>>>>>>1. ie Toad>>>>>>>>>>Fawful. You loose!

digifreak642

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget the fact that Fawful didn't have that large of a role. He wasn't the villain... He was the villain's second-in-comand! I think Toad>a second-in-command villain from an RPG game that was on the GBA.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
and what was toad, a minor character in most of the games except for two, and one was a tetris wannabe. and you forgot to mention how most of the other 15 were either small cameos, sports games, party games, and kart games. by your logic we should let waluigi in too. so for the majority of toad's carear he's been a bodyguard who time and time again fails to do his job, the refree in bad party games, and a filler character for the kart and sports game.
fawful on the other hand had a major role in the first game in that not only was he second in command but he carried cackletta's spirit so it could be transfered to bowser, and without him the game would be an hour shorter. then he was a crazed shop keeper with plans for world domination in the second game.
so ie jigglybee, fawful>toad, you loose

oh and I HAVE FURY!!!!!!!

Top Bottom