• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TLGD: Zange-chan Social- Toon Goons for Life

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Lost the Link tourny. I was coming back from a 2 game deficit but I had a really dumb gimp thanks to the gale boomerang and lag so I wasn't able to recover and well, you know how Link plays... it's all about the first stock. It was wifi so it didn't really matter, but man... coming back from a two game deficit only to **** up in the end? :(

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I would have gotten to Finals but I spiked my friend's ROB, celebrated too soon, got cocky thinking he was spiked to see he wasn't. I have no jump. He went up to recover, I floated down. The matches were intense. It's all saved too, so all it needs to be done is recorded and uploaded.

Man so Xenforo unsubbed me from this thread apparently. All this time I thought you guys were dead. :bluejump:

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
i need help with camping snake anyone have some advice?

tips on full stage across situations to mid range to up close

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm not much of a camper, I'm what people call a "kite player". Though, may I ask why anyone would want to camp snake?

southpaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4442-0022-4229
You camp snake by limiting his projectiles. toon link is prolly one of the best and most annoying for snake when it comes to messing with his nade game as all of our projectiles interact with his nades. Just pay attention to what snake is doing with his nades and u should be able to stop him from throwing them at you and forcing him to take shield dmg. Also since snake is tall and he should be shielding a good amount shield pokes will prolly save you and allow you to attack with him mixup fairs/nairs in between projectiles.
heres a friendly between me and one of my crew mates
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY6KurgNEjw

southpaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4442-0022-4229
yup. go to that AZ tourney that mjg's gunna be at. only gunna be in socal till like mid july, then im goin back to NYC

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
ill see if i can go no one might even be carpooling :(

and im getting semi worried about Toon Link in smash 4
he was a stage character... oh god why

The stages in the 3DS version are based off handheld titles. That's why you see on the 3DS that Nintendogs, OoT3D, NSMB, and ST have stages based off of them, and how in the WiiU you have Skyward Sword, Fire Emblem, etc.

So you can take that as Toon Link being in the game with his own stage acting as a hint, or Toon Link being reduced to a stage. Or both!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Well if they take out Toon/Young Link, they will have to buff up Link as a character as a whole. Unless by some weird trend Nintendo has another Zelda game in the works with a 2013 "Young/Toon" Link figure, which is why he'd be kept out of Smash 4.

My problem is, I want smash 4 for the 3DS since it's most convenient for me to buy, only problem is, all the inputs for a smash game will kill my 3DS. So it's not practical. I'm still not getting a wiiU, I can only imagine how one will be able to play that game with such a huge controller. Well, assuming you aren't one who's already gotten the WiiU-GC adapted controller. Thinking about it now, Brawl might be the last smash game I ever play. Like I mentioned before, Smash 4 isn't practical on the 3DS. I'm still going to buy it to give it a try, but I'm not going to put my hopes up or anything.

You don't need the tablet controller for Smash4. I think you can use the WiiU Pro Controller or whatever it's called and play Smash. You can also connect your Gamecube controller via some adapter.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well if they take out Toon/Young Link, they will have to buff up Link as a character as a whole. Unless by some weird trend Nintendo has another Zelda game in the works with a 2013 "Young/Toon" Link figure, which is why he'd be kept out of Smash 4.

My problem is, I want smash 4 for the 3DS since it's most convenient for me to buy, only problem is, all the inputs for a smash game will kill my 3DS. So it's not practical. I'm still not getting a wiiU, I can only imagine how one will be able to play that game with such a huge controller. Well, assuming you aren't one who's already gotten the WiiU-GC adapted controller. Thinking about it now, Brawl might be the last smash game I ever play. Like I mentioned before, Smash 4 isn't practical on the 3DS. I'm still going to buy it to give it a try, but I'm not going to put my hopes up or anything.

this is a perfect example of nintendo doing a bad job showing what the wii u is and what it can do. people still think the tablet is the only controller

the wii u (and most likely smash 4) supports the use of wiimotes, the tablet and the NEW classic controller which is shaped like an xbox controller
the tablet is pretty durable and im confident a game like brawl could be played on it without it getting damaged BUT any multiplayer game will always support the use of other controllers because u only have 1 tablet per wii u.

via adapters you can use any GC accessory or wiimote accesory which means :
wiimote only
wiichuck
wii classic pro
gamecube
gamecube DDR dance pads
ps2 controllers
wii u classic
wii u gamepad

all would be usable options

As much as I want to blame the name for Nintendo's failure to communicate the Wii U as a new console, they and microsoft haven't had this problem before.

Super Nintendo and 3DS did not cause this confusion with people at all to my knowledge. Perhaps a "u" doesn't convey that something is new or powered up. Not to mention it is stronger reminiscent of the uDraw accessory for the Wii which WAS just an accessory...

Anyway at the moment link looks garbage. I think you're best hope is that he turns out like olimar/snake and is super beastly on stage.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Anyone watch KT's matches? Saw game 2 and three against that Falco player. He went Wario and then TL. It was a little awkward watching him play TL against Falco. Definitely feel he could have been a little more aggro. In my humble opinion.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
loolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololollolololololololololololoololololololololo
pj da bess 2oonl1nk

NH Cody

Smash Champion
haha. it was only a small tourney with a dozen or so entrants. I timed out a sonic.

teamed with lordxavier (the best link) in doubles.

going to another tourney next saturday ("massquerade")

Bomber7

Smash Hero
haha. it was only a small tourney with a dozen or so entrants. I timed out a sonic.

teamed with lordxavier (the best link) in doubles.

going to another tourney next saturday ("massquerade")
DUDE, XAVIER? Tell that guy I said hi next time you see him! Or.. I'll just go do it myself on the Link thread.

So yeah, I might be getting some new recruits into the Louisiana scene. A game cafe called Open World opened up this past summer, went to their Brawl tournament about a week ago. They had almost 20 people, and I'm sure that's their average entrance level, so I'm pretty excited. I'll have a new place to hang out and get some real practice in rather than my monthlies, I'll be able to practice weekly! TL gonna get better.

Top Bottom