• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TLGD: Zange-chan Social- Toon Goons for Life

jrazor2001

Smash Rookie
Where is this game café open world in Louisiana?
DUDE, XAVIER? Tell that guy I said hi next time you see him! Or.. I'll just go do it myself on the Link thread.

So yeah, I might be getting some new recruits into the Louisiana scene. A game cafe called Open World opened up this past summer, went to their Brawl tournament about a week ago. They had almost 20 people, and I'm sure that's their average entrance level, so I'm pretty excited. I'll have a new place to hang out and get some real practice in rather than my monthlies, I'll be able to practice weekly! TL gonna get better.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Where is this game café open world in Louisiana?
It's on Hwy 190, right off of Hwy 59. It's a block or two down. If you are heading to the lakefront via Hwy 59, you hang a right onto Hwy 190. Go down a block or two and it's on your right. You want to go a little slower than the speed limit because it's a small place and very easy to miss.

jrazor2001

Smash Rookie
Oh I mainly use G&W. If Im casually playing online or with friends I usually do random. If I compete I will play with G&W cause I feel most comfortable with him
Is it right to assume you play TL since you posted here or do you just hold to your avi and play G&W?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Oh I mainly use G&W. If Im casually playing online or with friends I usually do random. If I compete I will play with G&W cause I feel most comfortable with him
Make sure you check out the Game and Watch board if you haven't already. I tried picking him up as a main (for match-up reasons) at one time. There's a lot of nice guys there.

jrazor2001

Smash Rookie
Make sure you check out the Game and Watch board if you haven't already. I tried picking him up as a main (for match-up reasons) at one time. There's a lot of nice guys there.
ok cool. I looked at it yesterday actually. There is a lot of terminology I don't understand though ha. Like some of the moves I know what they look like just not what they are called

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Quest, you have a lot of nerve. We were going for broke with our inactivity. Two months strong. You should be banned.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
you know on this other site I use you can type @ to give people a "notification." So if I wanted to make Mew2king appear I could say @Mew2king U SUCK NOOB U NEVER WIN AT ANY SMASH GAMES and he would get a notification and see my post. and I could notify a whole bunch of inactives at once by posting @kaffei and @lobos. swf does actually have an alert system that is almost identical so they should have this too

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
HOLLY CRAP.
gif Avatars now are functional. All these years in Smashboards finally paid off.

DtJ Melons

Smash Rookie
So turns out I'm back on smashboards. Figured I should put something here on the TL boards. Someone fill me in on what I missed over the last two years.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
People have come and go and we mainly hang out on skype and chat in the official TLGD group there. Oh, and we got the top 5 thread closed, never to be opened again. Got a lot of publicity from that, all got infracted, and life has been good ever since.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Damn this place is dead as fahk.

I got a 3DS though, so I guess I'll be playing the new Smash on that.

I made this account back in 08, geez 6 years has flown by.

Last edited:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Damn this place is dead as fahk.

I got a 3DS though, so I guess I'll be playing the new Smash on that.

I made this account back in 08, geez 6 years has flown by.
If you're going to main TL and own a 3DS, then you must buy and play Virtues Last Reward. It's kind of a thing.

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
Wow. Okay. So this is the TLGD.
I got confused, wondering if Dan meant the "Toon Link Character Discussion"
What exactly does TLGD stand for?

Anyway.
Pretty much everything about TL looks the same. o.o Even the Fair swings the same way, the bair swings the same way, the Nair, etc.
If Sakurai takes away his Boomeraing, because that's the only ability unconfirmed, then I'm going to be so sad. (TETHER THOUGH??????)

This though:
http://youtu.be/7xUWnQu2Grs?t=20m24s
ZSuit deflected a Gordo with what seemed like an ftilt.
If this applies to all projectiles, and to many attacks, we're a bit screwed.
Probably not me. I got into the smash scene really because I wanted to beat my friends, and not really much else.
They won't have the reflexes to deflect projectiles. ^-^

Last edited:

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
^You'll probs want to post in the Smash 4 forum too :)
TLGD = Toon Link General Discussion

A lot of TL moves look the same, his godly bair is still there. Would have liked to have seen some changes to keep it fresh, might not main him this time due to it.

Will be posting more due to the Smash4 hype!

Top Bottom