• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TLGD: Zange-chan Social- Toon Goons for Life

RATED

Smash Lord
hi there TLs, Lurking your boards... again. ( I don't use TL) I dislike him.

I like playing against TL though since I am good at the MU.

Twink: hi there, I am not sensor dodging today.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
If you don't have anybody to play near you, (like me) or don't have a car and therefore are unable to travel, (like me) then just play on the AiB ladder and play people in a competitive environment where the matches are meant to be intense, almost as much so as a real tournament. You can play great players online that you would never play offline sometimes. Just pay attention to when your moves hit and when you get hit. Make it a learning process. It's beneficial as long as you're thinking about what you're doing, and when you hit someone when they're standing still or walking, you know that wouldn't work offline, so avoid doing that the next time. Little things like that make it a learning process.

MJG

Smash Hero
If you don't have anybody to play near you, (like me) or don't have a car and therefore are unable to travel, (like me) then just play on the AiB ladder and play people in a competitive environment where the matches are meant to be intense, almost as much so as a real tournament. You can play great players online that you would never play offline sometimes. Just pay attention to when your moves hit and when you get hit. Make it a learning process. It's beneficial as long as you're thinking about what you're doing, and when you hit someone when they're standing still or walking, you know that wouldn't work offline, so avoid doing that the next time. Little things like that make it a learning process.
Not true.

Towards the end of August, I moved 2 hours away from everyone and everything so that I could go to Kansas State University. I have no one to play with. All I have is lvl 9s on a laggy HD TV. I find rides still and you don't really need anyone to play with. The way you practice is the only thing that matters and when I moved away, for some reason, I became better at what I wanted to originally do.

EDIT: tl;dr: don't play wifi unless you are using it to learn MUs. Wifi just hinders your spacing, makes you slower offline and creates bad habits since some things work on wifi when they would never work offline.

links24

Smash Ace
.....just got back from a tourney (should be posted by now)anyway got 25th outta 50+ ppl kinda pissed bout that **** i normally do better............just felt like venting dont mind me

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Not true.

Towards the end of August, I moved 2 hours away from everyone and everything so that I could go to Kansas State University. I have no one to play with. All I have is lvl 9s on a laggy HD TV. I find rides still and you don't really need anyone to play with. The way you practice is the only thing that matters and when I moved away, for some reason, I became better at what I wanted to originally do.

EDIT: tl;dr: don't play wifi unless you are using it to learn MUs. Wifi just hinders your spacing, makes you slower offline and creates bad habits since some things work on wifi when they would never work offline.
I disagree.

The benefit of playing human players is so much better than playing CPUs that it surpasses the negative effects of wifi. Especially since you should know to space and powershield when you play offline.

That's my take. To each his own. Right now I'm just playing online every once in a while, and playing against CPUs offline to keep my spacing and "speed." By the way, there's more to playing TL than how "fast" you are. You can be "patient" and just bait and punish with spaced attacks/combos.

KT-what's with the random PJ hate? lol

eeeeeeasyyyyyyy there...

MJG

Smash Hero
I'll MM any TL for $5-10

I'll be at:
- Viridan City 9
- KTAR 4
- Pound 5
- Whobo
- Genesis 2

any takers :)
Why would any TL want to play against falco outside of tourney? :rotfl:

tripped with a c4 on me **** you mj
My snakes toogood. I know.

I disagree.

The benefit of playing human players is so much better than playing CPUs that it surpasses the negative effects of wifi. Especially since you should know to space and powershield when you play offline.

That's my take. To each his own. Right now I'm just playing online every once in a while, and playing against CPUs offline to keep my spacing and "speed." By the way, there's more to playing TL than how "fast" you are. You can be "patient" and just bait and punish with spaced attacks/combos.

KT-what's with the random PJ hate? lol

eeeeeeasyyyyyyy there...
I guess so >_>. From posts ive seen and conversations between gnes and I, the way you practice is much more important than who you practice with. What you are trying to get out of the practice and what you put into your practice is what will take you far. If you are constantly getting beat offline in friendlies, instead of giving up or johning, try to fix the issue.

Wifi isn't bad. I "stated" that it is really only good for MU experience if you need to try and learn a MU on wifi. The only MU on wifi that I would not try to learn is MK. TL beats MK on wifi unfortunately.

Oh and being fast isn't neccessarily a good thing. You can be fast and reckless, fast and random, etc. Hyro is pretty fast but he gets away with it because he is good and the things that he does are just random as hell.

Being patient to me doesn't really mean to look for "combos." I can see "baiting" coming into play with this but yea, for the most part, watching your opponent and seeing how they react to certain things (with spacing of course) is what helps TL the most.

//rant

:toonlink:

:shyguy:

:dazwa:

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Yeah let me rephrase that last part. Sometimes you can "bait" moves and then if it works out, you might get in a combo. Example: I bait a D3 dashgrab and punish with utilt > utilt > bair > FF pivot grab (I did this yesterday lol) then boomerang, but I don't count projectiles as part of the combo unless it's like aerial bomb dthrow > aerial or returning rang usmash (:cool:) or something.

Also I agree with the Flaco thing. Flaco is ********. xD

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Man, Twink does such a good job on the TL boards!

~TLK~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toonlinkking777
the toon link guide is updated you guys should go help out, especially the good toons.

Top Bottom