• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TLGD: Zange-chan Social- Toon Goons for Life

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
...lol

This skype chat is so awesome. For some reason we're talking about vibrators. And cats.

Lobos

Smash Master
Kingtoon - ps3 or 360? I'm on ps3

Gnes - lobos12 is my psn......I'll be on tonight!

Non TL mains - scrubs.

Former TL mains - get out.

Everyone else is cool.

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
I hate ice. So much.
I spent 20 minutes scraping ice off my car, with no gloves. The scraper broke in half before I could finish scraping, so that just made it worse. After I got all the god**** ice off, I try to go to class.
My car's stuck where it is, lol.
Too much ice and snow around it.
8l

Oh well, at least I don't have to sit in class for three hours.

Also, Infern has amazing timing.
I might be giving him a ride to a tourney this weekend. So I posted in the PGD saying that I was possibly giving a ride to someone I like. And then he posts almost right after.
Man I hate being shy.

Typing with cold hands is so hard.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
taking items into the tournament scene and so far getting flame. Getting flame for MK ban too, even though we only have like 1 or 2 MK players tops, though it's enough to raise a flame when he's banned. As to be expected. Hopefully I get get a decent crowd. at least 8 would be fine with me. Simple and casual. Not like the community is really all that good anyhow. >_>

Hyro

Smash Lord
taking items into the tournament scene and so far getting flame. Getting flame for MK ban too, even though we only have like 1 or 2 MK players tops, though it's enough to raise a flame when he's banned. As to be expected. Hopefully I get get a decent crowd. at least 8 would be fine with me. Simple and casual. Not like the community is really all that good anyhow. >_>
Bomber, Louisiana's brawl scene is dead. We RARELY have tournaments anymore, Chinese Monthlies are one of the only series left (and a good one at that). But for no reason you wanna use a whacked out 7 starter stage list with ITEMS? You're making LA seem like a bunch of noobs, we got past that point when we made the LA backroom. People are finally starting to take brawl more seriously, we just got back from Hobo 22 and we *****. It seems like you wanna do this for personal reasons.

But whatever...people who actually wanna play brawl are gonna be at Hobo 23 anyways.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
this is what its like out front for me

taken last night and another 10-20 inches is expected

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Former TL mains - get out.
This thread has never had anything to do with Toon Link, I can stay. :mad:

or, does that not include someone that would still main TL if he hasn't given up on Brawl altogether.

So, what's up with the Brawl scene anyways...
Well, moreso what's up with Meta Knight, I though all that would have died down by now. :confused:

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The discussions are going to be brought up after every major tournament and any advancement in MK's metagame. ._.

Shadow Moth

Up in the clouds
I don't see why. Just because TL might be able to counter one of the new techniques MKs might find doesn't mean the other, just as effective, techniques will be any less effective.

Honestly until TLs find a new tech that is actually viable, not just in a match but against MK, there's no point in discussing anything.

But that's just IMO~

Edit: 7700 get. Is that important?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
He's not talking about TLs discussing MK, he's talking about the whole boards discussing the MK ban.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689

Honestly until TLs find a new tech that is actually viable, not just in a match but against MK, there's no point in discussing anything.
I honestly don't think that will happen, granted, I don't know anything big that may have happened with Brawl in the past six months but I just don't see TL going anywhere.

Brawl needs something to completely change the whole metagame to even hope of lowering MK's influence imo. I doubt that will ever happen.

But yeah, how's the MK issue as a whole, more or less outrage?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Why ban him? He's plenty beatable.

Every game has it's top tier. :/
Then there's Melty Blood, where you only have to worry if you are playing the Neco's.
And you can still own top tiers with them.

Makes MK look like broken God tier and everyone else crap.

And now there's even a Robo-Maid/Neco team.

Ah crap, got off topic there. >_>

Yeah, MK is beatable, I assume the IDC is still banned right? If so then the community is even catering to him so he can stay playable, I doubt he'll ever be banned. :/

Then again, people are hating on BB:CT for a top three, Brawl has a top one. Take that however you will.

Last I've heard, the SBR isn't making any big decisions. It's only light discussion.

If he ever gets banned, it won't be anytime soon.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
It's really a shame, no matter how you look at it, Metaknight has become a political discussion. For instance, I don't get why people are making such a big deal that I'm running a casual tournament where Metaknight is banned and I have some fairly neutral items allowed. We (as in Louisiana) don't even have a Metaknight problem, so why make a big deal whether or not he is banned?

Hyro

Smash Lord
It's really a shame, no matter how you look at it, Metaknight has become a political discussion. For instance, I don't get why people are making such a big deal that I'm running a casual tournament where Metaknight is banned and I have some fairly neutral items allowed. We (as in Louisiana) don't even have a Metaknight problem, so why make a big deal whether or not he is banned?
Read that again and answer it yourself.

We also don't have a Toon Link problem. So why would it matter if he's banned or not? We also don't have a diddy problem. Ban.

If you still don't get it, your telling the only Meta Knight main that he can't play his main. If we don't have an MK problem, there's no point in banning him. And you still never explained why you randomly want to add items. Pretty sure most of us came in this scene to compete, not to play with smashballs and assist trophies. Or else we'd stay home and play with our lil sisters.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.

We also don't have a Toon Link problem. So why would it matter if he's banned or not? We also don't have a diddy problem. Ban.

If you still don't get it, your telling the only Meta Knight main that he can't play his main. If we don't have an MK problem, there's no point in banning him. And you still never explained why you randomly want to add items. Pretty sure most of us came in this scene to compete, not to play with smashballs and assist trophies. Or else we'd stay home and play with our lil sisters.

^little sister

CTX

Smash Journeyman
Anyway. Not really a new TL here, but new to posting (long time lurker)

So, how viable is this footstool combo with TL

Bomb to FF to footstool to pogo'ing d-air

I've been doing it with some success with TL, although I don't know if I should be relying on it too much. I'm kinda ripping off Legan and his footstooling games.

MJG

Smash Hero
^ I never actually seen toonlink do it before..im sure its possible? Ive been attacking my opponents shield and then jumping up while pulling out a bomb when im right above them so that I can footstool them lately (Sometimes they jump up and fall, other times, they are still grounded).

CTX

Smash Journeyman
From what I can tell it doesnt work too well on the at very low percents (0- 15). At that low of a percent, the bomb just doesn't knock them high enough into the air. I guess I should add that you would need to full hop when throwing the bomb down. But after the 15ish zone, you can start to get that combo in. Granted its not guaranteed because the opponent can DI the bomb hit, but footstool combos are just full of soo much win.

EDIT: MJG wanna get on wi-fi? I figured I need to give this a legit try

MJG

Smash Hero
From what I can tell it doesnt work too well on the at very low percents (0- 15). At that low of a percent, the bomb just doesn't knock them high enough into the air. I guess I should add that you would need to full hop when throwing the bomb down. But after the 15ish zone, you can start to get that combo in. Granted its not guaranteed because the opponent can DI the bomb hit, but footstool combos are just full of soo much win.

EDIT: MJG wanna get on wi-fi? I figured I need to give this a legit try
I've been in my bed on my laptop @.@. I can do it tomorrow or we can test it out if you go to that tournament this saturday

CTX

Smash Journeyman
I will not be going to it. Neither will Jordan or Kit :-( We all have prior engagements for Valentines Day Weekend. I will actually be in KC for the OK-GO concert. I may being going to NO KOAST though

anyway, smash message me when ya can go tomorrow. It will probably be sometime at night, past nine

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164675&highlight=item

CTX

Smash Journeyman
Wall of text...looks interesting, but it's too long

^^that's what she said

Top Bottom