• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

T-block

B2B TST
Do you really read it as defensive? First two lines are fine - question at the end is what's throwing you, right?

This is one of the instances where it felt like Ran wasn't being genuine in the questions he was asking. He could have been jumping on everything he could to seem pro-town, so I wanted to find out his motivation behind asking it.

T-block

B2B TST
Ran is my top pick atm. Asks pointless questions (what PLSD thought of Zen, when neither had even read the game), reacts very poorly (seems fake) to the daycop gambit, including a claim whose timing suggests it's a safe claim and a call for a call for a Zen claim. His role is provable, but nothing guarantees that it is not scum. Seems to be ignoring my question about the use of his night action too. Wonder if he'll answer it now.

KK is probs my next pick. He's been challenging everyone to show why he is scum, claiming that nobody has done so, when in reality he is just dismissing every point against him as stupid. 1647, 1649 is a prime example - he just calls every point BS and calls people stupid and flat out wrong. His case on me is full of misrepresentation and reaching (1414 - in talking about Ryker he quotes me but leaves out literally the most important word in the quote and attacks his strawman instead). He calls me out for shallow reads (one of the main pillars of his case), based on who agrees with me, and then when asked about his reasoning on July, he gives in 1629 that he agrees with what she has to say and that he sees town intent, which no deeper than the reasoning for my reads.

July is next scum pick. It felt very off that she brought up the time travel suggestion as a way of dealing with Ran. Just felt like wild speculation and I'm not sure what to make of it. More importantly, she has been on DG hard this whole game. Nothing wrong with staying hard on your scumpick, but I feel that she is using it as an excuse to avoid providing stances on other players. She mentions that she thinks I'm town in 565, and I don't get mentioned again until I jump to a top three scum pick in 1132, where she is directly asked for her reads. She says it's because I haven't been "digging in and providing content", the only questions I got from her were requests for clarification. I felt absolutely no pressure from July. Her other pick here is PLSD, who was an easy pick to list.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Wow T-Block your July case is very convincing. Alot of my "non-scum" read on her was kind of based on the future content I was expecting her to provide. She seems like she is tunnelling on just certain issues really.

One thing that makes her hard to read for me is how she posts kind of infrequently. Every time she does post though, it always makes sense and sounds reasonable (at least on the surface).

Do you have meta on her that you are looking at here too or is it just her cases and such this game?

T-block

B2B TST
Might as well give the rest of my reads as well:

Scummiest to towniest:

Scum:
Ran
KK
July

Null leaning scum:
vg.jpg
Nich

Null:
SK
PLSD
Nabe

Town:
Zen
Swiss
Reyth
DG

I really disliked vg.jpg saying he would lynch Ran as a liability, even if Ran was town. He gave no thought about how to handle Ran's power in other ways, which we should definitely do if we think Ran is town. When asked about his thoughts on Ran's alignment, he doesn't give an actual answer (see 1500).

Nich's been looking a lot less scummy in my eyes, and I'm starting to see the "dumb town" calls that were made earlier. I didn't like his immediate jump onto me after KK's case was posted (1421) - he just says he likes the case and votes, even saying that it's partially because the Nabe wagon is going nowhere. Because of this, I ask him to respond to my response (he does in 1482). I think 1482 shows that his scum read on me isn't all that strong, but I don't really get a strong scummy vibe from 1482 for some reason. If another pair of eyes wants to look over the interaction (KK's case, Nich's 1421, Nich's 1482) that'd be cool.

SK has disappeared, and PLSD hasn't done enough. I do like PLSD based on his comments on the early part of the game though. I really don't know what to make of Nabe... I remember liking his posts, but now I'm thinking and I can't remember anything that he's done, which puts him at null for me.

T-block

B2B TST
Wow T-Block your July case is very convincing. Alot of my "non-scum" read on her was kind of based on the future content I was expecting her to provide. She seems like she is tunnelling on just certain issues really.

One thing that makes her hard to read for me is how she posts kind of infrequently. Every time she does post though, it always makes sense and sounds reasonable (at least on the surface).

Do you have meta on her that you are looking at here too or is it just her cases and such this game?
My meta on July in this game applies as far to say that when we are both hunting scum, our thoughts on players seem to align. And the only game we were in together, she was actually indy looking to blend (although we were still hunting scum together) so it might not even be applicable.

So no, I'm not giving meta much weight here.

T-block

B2B TST
@Nich: Typing up that paragraph made me feel worse about you. Where are your reads at now, along with reasoning for your top scum picks?

Sorry if you've posted it recently =x

Reyth

Smash Rookie
I get the feeling that I would agree with July too and of course I haven't really all game but her posts seem to make sense. They way your case read though, I could really see how her play could have scum intent.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
@KK:
Str8 from my notes which means I can dig the actual quotes up. They are located before page 9; I would say between page 5 and 8.
Then why not bring up the quotes because your notes are your notes only. Whatever I brought it up.

:mad::mad:

Wii call shenanigans.

Questions like these are loaded and don't pertain to Nich being scummy at all. No matter what Nich responds with, you're going to take his response and run with it. Classic "make player X look scummy"

What answer are possibly expect here Ryker? What should a townie say to that?

You claim to be trying to help Nich avoid a Day 1 mislynch, yet you're blatantly trying to make him look bad? Get out of here.
Vandy never said anything like your "scum-posturing thing". The only thing in there is the loaded question thing.

KK is probs my next pick. He's been challenging everyone to show why he is scum, claiming that nobody has done so, when in reality he is just dismissing every point against him as stupid.
That is a complete overexaggeration and I have not been dismissing every point against me as stupid but lets see what you use to back up this.

TB said:
1647, 1649 is a prime example - he just calls every point BS and calls people stupid and flat out wrong.
1647 you bring up and that post IS full of BS that isn't backed up and that is the only post I've lost my cool and not explained and actually called someone stupid based off of something. 1649 is calling Reyth out for being wrong but that is after the same post calling him wrong. I have not called Zen/Swiss/DeGrey stupid but they haven't shown HOW I'm scummy. VG.jpg has even given more of a case then anyone on my wagon.

Bottom line is I haven't been dismissing every point against me by calling people stupid or flat out wrong. So what you are saying is not even true at all.

TB said:
His case on me is full of misrepresentation and reaching (1414 - in talking about Ryker he quotes me but leaves out literally the most important word in the quote and attacks his strawman instead).
Not even close to true but I don't have time to quibble.

TB said:
He calls me out for shallow reads (one of the main pillars of his case), based on who agrees with me, and then when asked about his reasoning on July, he gives in 1629 that he agrees with what she has to say and that he sees town intent, which no deeper than the reasoning for my reads.
How are these two even close to the same? I have been saying I've liked July for a while based on her case and what she has been doing, not based on flimsy "He/She doesn't agree with me." These are completely different TB.

TB said:
July is next scum pick. It felt very off that she brought up the time travel suggestion as a way of dealing with Ran. Just felt like wild speculation and I'm not sure what to make of it.
Then why bring it up if you don't know what to make of it?

TB said:
More importantly, she has been on DG hard this whole game. Nothing wrong with staying hard on your scumpick, but I feel that she is using it as an excuse to avoid providing stances on other players.
This is a lie because she has been providing a bountiful amount of info as shown by me telling her reads. How do you get she is avoiding providing stances by pushing her major scum-pick? Da hell?

TB said:
She mentions that she thinks I'm town in 565, and I don't get mentioned again until I jump to a top three scum pick in 1132, where she is directly asked for her reads. She says it's because I haven't been "digging in and providing content", the only questions I got from her were requests for clarification. I felt absolutely no pressure from July.
You just said she had been focusing solely on her major scum-read and there was nothing wrong on it. However when she says she has a scum-read on you and that she's not pushing you, there is a problem? You are contradicting yourself in your own paragraph.

TB said:
Her other pick here is PLSD, who was an easy pick to list.
Why is it a scummy for her to do this, but not other people?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I'll address T-block and other stuff in a sec, but first I wanted to bring up a quote for Swiss.
Nich is being scummy so yes, they line up. His push is bad. Although parts are understandable, he's really selling it. And being a scummy jerk on the side. :( Case will follow.
Swiss, Nabe called my push bad and basically said I was scummy for trying to sell my scum read as being scum. Wanna help me lynch him yet? (Yes, I'm pulling out all the stops to get my #1 scum read lynched here.)

Reyth

Smash Rookie
See once again I don't like KK here. Its obvious that tunnelling is a scum tactic to appear active and engaged. Mudslinging is also a scum tactic re Tblock.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@T-block
Thank you for giving reads and some reasoning behind said reads. I don't agree with KK-scum and July-scum, but I suppose I should take another look. (Anyway, did you ever read my Nabe case? Not sure who has and hasn't at this point.)

Anyway, my reads and reasoning... Number 1 would be Nabe for reasons past stated (I think everyone knows why I dislike him at this point. If they haven't, they've been skimming really badly.) Number 2 would probably be video at the moment, as Swiss's case was making a lot of sense (and there were some real video/nabe parallels between their actions) when I ISO'd the slot, but X1's list of reads with reasoning makes me feel somewhat better about video (Nabe has not done anything like that all game. ALL GAME).

I don't particularly have a third scum pick, if I had to lynch someone aside from them, it'd probably be PLSD or Degrey, as both of them have been null and have contributed the least to this game.

@Ran suspicion
Am I the only one that sees the "He was on for 20 minutes before posting" thing as a bit flimsy evidence-wise? Looking back, Zen first said "It's a pretty cool Day cop ability" more or less 20 minutes before Ran's post, and then around 15 minutes later actually votes him, and Ran replies a few minutes after that. Aside from the points that he might have been rereading and not noticed it or real life intervened while he was still viewing the thread, couldn't he have just thought Zen was kidding until the vote, at which point he decided it was real and exploded?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
See once again I don't like KK here. Its obvious that tunnelling is a scum tactic to appear active and engaged. Mudslinging is also a scum tactic re Tblock.
I laughed here, actually. Tunneling is my trademark as town, just ask anybody. Sure, scum can tunnel to avoid having to do other stuff, but townies do it as well.

@T-block
I almost forgot, regarding my vote on you, it was a pressure vote. I felt KK had a decent case, but you were still mostly null for me, so I decided to add my vote to your wagon and see how you'd respond. I just decided it would be better not to explicitly say that this time. ;)

Reyth

Smash Rookie
I dunno what it is KK but I seem very rarely to ever be able to agree with you. I agree with your town read of myself but just about most everything else from you has been off to me.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
J, calm down. You're just lashing out at the moment. Take a breather and come back when you've cooled off some, then argue your case.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Thing is, I can't come back and argue my case because these last few posts are the last posts most likely from me this Day Phase due to my V/LA. I am just getting sick of Reyth and his constant pecking with logical fallacies and his overall use of being a tool this game is astounding.

However I probably shouldn't have said that second sentence and I apologize but it's aggravating as hell. I detest huge egos that don't have the **** to back it up.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
I am very inclined to vote KK for BOTH heads going V/LA past the D1 deadline??

Am I missing something here?

T-block

B2B TST
@Nich: I read your Nabe case, and I think you have a point in that he hasn't been all that confrontational (which I've stated before), but I don't think that is the strongest scumtell on D1. I used to be a player who worked basically exclusively with connections, which always left me very awkward on D1, and I would play by asking many questions with the goal of finding contradictions in later Days. Not sure if that's what Nabe's doing, but that's why I don't see it as all that scummy. Thanks for the reads. I'm back to feeling better about you now.

@Reyth: Stop reaching.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Okay that's a new kind of low. I am going away to an anime thing I've been waiting months in advanced for and have been planning for so I am not gonna care about mafia. Secondly, Vandy is in massive amounts of pain and meds due to dental things so he shouldn't be worried about mafia at all.

Yet you have the audacity to try and use that as a reason to vote us?

July

Smash Apprentice
@July: I wouldn't say time travel is part of the old Star Trek at all. ONE episode that I remember dealt with time travel to the '50s on Earth. That's ONE episode whereas the ENTIRE 2009 movie was about time travel -- see what I'm saying here?
Not so much, I haven't watched it much but I know there is a lot more time travel than just one episode. So I looked it up.

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Time_travel_episodes

Zen: Do you know if Ran was already viewing the thread when you fakeclaimed at him? There was 23 minutes between you claiming guilty and him responding

@July: If Ran was reading but still took 23 mins to reply, would that in any way change where you stand on Ran?
I actually was on aim before this all went down, and Carlos logged off aim a little before 2:30 am to get a snack. When Zen claimed it was only a little bit after that and I know I was online until 2:45 and Ran still wasn't back, so I assumed he was off the comp for the night and got some sleep. I obviously see that was not the case as **** hit the fan like 15 minutes later, but by the time he got back online and read the thread it couldn't have been more than 10 minutes before he posted. SO...no, it doesn't change my read at all. ALSO my read is based on his entire play, ya'll asked me to get a read on him and now no one cares but I'm telling you I am confident that this is town Ran play.

July: What is your read on Nabe and Us? If you gave explanation somewhere else I'll find it in my read through, if not give me some brief reasons now please
Nabe is leaning town for me. By far Nabe has been one of the more rational players this game and he's been asking questions, following up on them, using them to establish reads and I remember him addressing Nich and his case on him really well. No red flags from him, definitely would not lynch him.

Videogames.jpg I am null on. I had videogames leaning town until the vote on Ran because they are afraid he might misuse his power, because they don't seem to believe he is scum so they are willing to accept a mislynch anyways. Since then I feel like videogames has been going along with the flow against Ran/KK/me, and I don't particularly find it genuine. Still, early game I liked, and I've really been getting mixed reads between posts, some town intent behind it and some that could be scummy, so null but IGMEOY.

@July: why during early game did you take 3 walls to respond to a simple accusation from Ran?

@July: Do MS games use QTs for scummates to communicate?
Because he asked me questions that had like 5 parts and that knowing him he wouldn't let up on until I explained everything no matter how pointless I thought it was. I don't think it was excessive at that time...I have posted a lot of walls because I have to catch up every time I'm away from the comp for more than 4 hours ;-;

Yes, they do have QTs but if I'm right for most games only Night talk is allowed in scum QTs.

Ran is my top pick atm. Asks pointless questions (what PLSD thought of Zen, when neither had even read the game), reacts very poorly (seems fake) to the daycop gambit, including a claim whose timing suggests it's a safe claim and a call for a call for a Zen claim. His role is provable, but nothing guarantees that it is not scum. Seems to be ignoring my question about the use of his night action too. Wonder if he'll answer it now.

KK is probs my next pick. He's been challenging everyone to show why he is scum, claiming that nobody has done so, when in reality he is just dismissing every point against him as stupid. 1647, 1649 is a prime example - he just calls every point BS and calls people stupid and flat out wrong. His case on me is full of misrepresentation and reaching (1414 - in talking about Ryker he quotes me but leaves out literally the most important word in the quote and attacks his strawman instead). He calls me out for shallow reads (one of the main pillars of his case), based on who agrees with me, and then when asked about his reasoning on July, he gives in 1629 that he agrees with what she has to say and that he sees town intent, which no deeper than the reasoning for my reads.

July is next scum pick. It felt very off that she brought up the time travel suggestion as a way of dealing with Ran. Just felt like wild speculation and I'm not sure what to make of it. More importantly, she has been on DG hard this whole game. Nothing wrong with staying hard on your scumpick, but I feel that she is using it as an excuse to avoid providing stances on other players. She mentions that she thinks I'm town in 565, and I don't get mentioned again until I jump to a top three scum pick in 1132, where she is directly asked for her reads. She says it's because I haven't been "digging in and providing content", the only questions I got from her were requests for clarification. I felt absolutely no pressure from July. Her other pick here is PLSD, who was an easy pick to list.
I have not avoided taking stances on other players. I haven't posted them in a list yet but if I need to I can:

Town

KK
Ran
Zen
Nich

Leaning town

Nabe
Swiss
Reyth

(None of the above would I be willing to lynch toDay)

Null

SK
Videogames.jpg

Leaning scum

PLSD
T-Block

Scum

DeGrey

Any of these I would be willing to lynch except SK, simply because I liked what little activity I've seen from SK but that read is outdated because he hasn't posted any content relating to the current events in thread.

T-Block, I know it didn't seem like much to you but my read on your one post that I asked questions about and wanted clarification for was very important to my read of you. Your reads were shaky and your read on DeGrey in particular was convoluted. KK's case on you was spot on, he made a lot of good points and I trust his read on you and his interpretation of your motivations which I struggled with myself over whether my read was legit or influenced by expectations from Pizza mafia.

@T-Block, if Ran was lynched and flipped town, how would it affect your reads? If he was lynched and flipped scum?

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Apparently my post was misunderstood. Let me clarify:

When I said that "Tunnelling and mudlsinging were scummy" I meant from July; tunnelling on DG and mudlslinging on T-Block. My point was that KK criticized T-Block for positing this which I totally disagree with.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@T-block
I see, but the point is that even though he has several scum reads, he hasn't tried to get them lynched. Yes, he made a push on me at one point, but even though I'm still a huge suspect of his, when's the last time he tried to get other people's votes for lynching me?

@EVERYONE
I'm extending the same challenge I gave to Nabe to anyone who has him as a townie. Showcase his desire to lynch scum. Find a point where he's posted a scum read with real reasoning behind it, and then consistently tried to get said scum read lynched. The closest he gets is his case on me, and even that he's not pushing any longer (He still has me as scum, but he's not trying for my lynch. Or the lynch of his other scum read, SK.)

July

Smash Apprentice
I am very inclined to vote KK for BOTH heads going V/LA past the D1 deadline??

Am I missing something here?
Reyth....this is horrible. J has announced V/LA in ALL his games, and Vanderzant posted a little while ago he would be V/LA due to having his wisdom teeth out. It's funny because really KK is becoming the easy push toDay based on absolutely nothing, its just that everyone disagrees with their reads.

I have no problem defending KK while they are V/LA because no one seems to see that they have been actively scumhunting and trying to help town all game.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Ok, I asked if I was missing something. You and KK have mentioned some things that would indicate that I am; that's why I asked that.

July

Smash Apprentice
Apparently my post was misunderstood. Let me clarify:

When I said that "Tunnelling and mudlsinging were scummy" I meant from July; tunnelling on DG and mudlslinging on T-Block. My point was that KK criticized T-Block for positing this which I totally disagree with.
I'm sorry, but do you realize that anything short of pounding my DeGrey case into people's skulls isn't going to work because no one is listening and everyone is on the other side of the spectrum. Do you realize that T-Block's entire scum list are people I either know are town (ie myself) or my strongest town reads? It's just unfathomable to me that you can't see the case on DG but everyone's reaching to force cases on KK and Ran, and I don't know what else I can do but stress that KK and Ran are town and DeGrey is scum.

T-block

B2B TST
I abhor your your list on reads. Simply put is because it's shallow and based purely off who agrees with you and who doesn't.
July I agree with alot of with what she has to say and I see the town intent behind what she is bringing.
Your reasoning was not any deeper than mine. Your July read is based on her agreeing with you. Anyone can add "I see town intent behind what they are bringing" without clarification like that. If I had added that sentence behind my town reads would you have felt better about them?

1647 is all I need really. I mean just look at this:

BS! I am sorry but BS BS BS. This pisses me off a bit because of how wrong it is. You were dead wrong in that case Reyth and alot of people agreed you were, plus did I ever call you scum in that? No so how is that mudslinging? Your reasonings were dumb.

Again, I'm gonna call BS.

Are you stupid? Like really? You are judging me based on how I look towards your reads and that is just such dumb logic. And then you have the audacity to say that I am only changing my reads to lighten the pressure which is complete garbage.

No it does not!

@Zen: If you think that honestly, then you are just flat out wrong.
Reyth brought up your case against me on you, calling it reaching, and you just say that's BS. The other stuff I could maybe understand, but this accusation probably needs more of a response than that, no?

Reyth

Smash Rookie
If someone can show me July meta for tunnelling as she is doing with such sincerity as town, I would have no reason to believe she is scum here.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Okay that's a new kind of low. I am going away to an anime thing I've been waiting months in advanced for and have been planning for so I am not gonna care about mafia. Secondly, Vandy is in massive amounts of pain and meds due to dental things so he shouldn't be worried about mafia at all.

Yet you have the audacity to try and use that as a reason to vote us?
And for the record, this is fake. J wouldn't be mad.

And, lol, being sick/stuck in bed generally gives MORE time to be on the computer. Please don't react like that in the future.

July

Smash Apprentice
Your reasoning was not any deeper than mine. Your July read is based on her agreeing with you. Anyone can add "I see town intent behind what they are bringing" without clarification like that. If I had added that sentence behind my town reads would you have felt better about them?
KK's read on me is more than that. KK can see that my reads come from me scumhunting and looking for motivation, and that's why he trusts my reads and I trust his. KK is the only person who I trust not only is town, but I also trust his reads. I trust that Ran is town...not so confident in his reads right now though, still not convinced of his videogames case.

T-block

B2B TST
@July, KK:

July, your reads were shaky too, as shown by the fact that you pulled PLSD and me out of nowhere when asked for your reads. It's not until post 1132 that you actually give your top 3, and you were explicitly asked for them. Are you trying to say that you had only just formed your scum read on me by 1132 then? If not, why didn't you pressure me as a scum pick before? I don't buy your request for clarification as pressure.

KK, I'm not contradicting myself in that paragraph. I don't see anything wrong with staying hard on your scumpick, as long as you don't hide behind it. Doesn't that align with my wondering why she didn't push me, her supposed third scum pick?

July

Smash Apprentice
@July, KK:

July, your reads were shaky too, as shown by the fact that you pulled PLSD and me out of nowhere when asked for your reads. It's not until post 1132 that you actually give your top 3, and you were explicitly asked for them. Are you trying to say that you had only just formed your scum read on me by 1132 then? If not, why didn't you pressure me as a scum pick before? I don't buy your request for clarification as pressure.

KK, I'm not contradicting myself in that paragraph. I don't see anything wrong with staying hard on your scumpick, as long as you don't hide behind it. Doesn't that align with my wondering why she didn't push me, her supposed third scum pick?
My reads were by no means shaky, just because I didn't post my updated reads every couple posts doesn't mean I wasn't scumhunting and didn't start to consider you as scum well before I gave my read on you. The things you do are subtle, you definitely have content but your big post was fencesitty and some of the reads were just so off that I considered maybe you were just going off of gut rather than content, maybe it was harder for you to get reads this game, etc. but I really think you are being careful with your content and your connections this game. And they didn't come out of nowhere, KK was able to provide my reads almost perfectly when asked for them, and my concern for PLSD over Zen was present way back and those fears of lurker Kuz have not subsided.

Also can you please answer my question about how your reads would change if Ran would lynch and flip town? What if he was lynched and flipped scum?

T-block

B2B TST
Reyth's post would have made me mad too, DG.

Not sure I like those posts - they're basically V/LA as of now, and I doubt we'll be able to lynch them now. What's the point in them claiming?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
July, in the event that it finally becomes apparent to you that I am not getting lynched today, who would you vote out of the likely candidates? I want your first and second pick. Your choices are KK, Ran, and .JPG. Would you be willing to hammer if needed at deadline?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Please don't tell me you APPROVE of the way he's played this game. What's the point of this question anyway, I'd have thought the answer was obvious.
It's not obvious. I think you were simply trying to discredit me. What's wrong with an ego in terms of the game?

Top Bottom