• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Nah

Smash Champion

ok so does Sing have a bigger hitbox than I thought it does or is there just something dumb about how Lucina's hurtbox moves when she does Fsmash

....speaking of Lucina, I'm still trying to think of what skills I should give her on my Lunatic run. Robin's her mother so she gets a lot of classes to pick from for skill grinding and with so many options idk what to go with. Besides Galeforce, I already have that.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I'm still trying to think of what skills I should give her on my Lunatic run. Robin's her mother so she gets a lot of classes to pick from for skill grinding and with so many options idk what to go with. Besides Galeforce, I already have that.
Does she already have Aegis? That's usually one of the first skills I try to give her and Chrom, as it can keep archers and mages from taking chunks out of their health as often and makes them more useful for absorbing attacks on the front lines. I know it's kinda boring when you consider she gets the class from Chrom, but I think it's good to consider how well she jumps straight from a Great Lord to a Paladin when making the decision.

UPDATE: I claim this page in the name of me!

This thread's lazy lifestyle will end! I WILL RULE! :4metaknight:

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord

ok so does Sing have a bigger hitbox than I thought it does or is there just something dumb about how Lucina's hurtbox moves when she does Fsmash
(Maybe they finally buffed Sing).

....speaking of Lucina, I'm still trying to think of what skills I should give her on my Lunatic run. Robin's her mother so she gets a lot of classes to pick from for skill grinding and with so many options idk what to go with. Besides Galeforce, I already have that.
Discipline and Luna, probably. Cavalier class in general is awesome for Lucina. Maybe Myrm/Swordsmaster (Vantage/Swordsfaire) or Falcon Knight (Lancefaire) if you want.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I have a question. How maddening is Lunatic for someone who normally plays the Normal mode?

I'm a bit curious and want to see the brutality first-hand.

:231:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
So I have a question. How maddening is Lunatic for someone who normally plays the Normal mode?

Way too brutal. Try Hard mode first...
I cried trying to do Lunatic, for the record. I could only stick with Hard mode.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

In Awakening? You better start praying to RNGesus on that mode, because you are going to be soft resetting a LOT!

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord

Definitely do Hard mode a few times beforehand. Lunatic is really punishing for those not familiar with the game.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

Probably something to do with how she sticks her arm out during it.

Because apparently putting your arm closer to the source of a sound makes you more prone to falling asleep, or something...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Does she already have Aegis? That's usually one of the first skills I try to give her and Chrom, as it can keep archers and mages from taking chunks out of their health as often and makes them more useful for absorbing attacks on the front lines. I know it's kinda boring when you consider she gets the class from Chrom, but I think it's good to consider how well she jumps straight from a Great Lord to a Paladin when making the decision.

UPDATE: I claim this page in the name of me!

This thread's lazy lifestyle will end! I WILL RULE! :4metaknight:

Still dead right now

Nah

Smash Champion
Discipline and Luna, probably. Cavalier class in general is awesome for Lucina. Maybe Myrm/Swordsmaster (Vantage/Swordsfaire) or Falcon Knight (Lancefaire) if you want.
Aegis/Vantage/Swordfaire all sound pretty good. I don't see why she'd need Luna though when she gets Aether....

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Aegis/Vantage/Swordfaire all sound pretty good. I don't see why she'd need Luna though when she gets Aether....
Because Aether's proc rate is bad even after grinding. It's a 25% proc rate when your skill is capped; if you don't grind until you're capped, you're likely only getting a ~10-20% proc rate.

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
No, not Awakening. One of the GBA games.

Still, I'll see how difficult hard mode is, before I set foot into Lunatic.

GBA lunatic doesn't exist. There's only hard mode in the GBA games, FE6 is hardest and most frustrating to beat.
Awakening Lunatic is really ridiculously unbalanced and personally not recommend it over a straight run through of hard mode without grinding. If you're looking forward to Fates, it's much better in balancing a fair challenge and acclimating the player while being extremely challenging and arguably harder than Awakening lunatic on all three routes.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So I went to a pretty big tournament today. The best players in Ireland were in attendance, and I had a great time. Even though I drowned in pools (I had a former ranked player and a currently ranked player in my pool, both of whom beat me; I beat everybody else in pool, but didn't score high enough to make it out), a few very fun things happened:

- I got to play the best Pit in Ireland (AdamAplz) in friendlies. While he beat me in most of them (we played about seven or eight games), every set was very close and I managed to take two games off of him in the end!

- I now have a much better understanding of the Mega Man, Captain Falcon, Peach, ZSS, Cloud, Lucas and especially Shulk and Pit (ditto) matchups. Very happy I got to experience these characters in much higher levels of play than I'd otherwise be accustomed to.

- I tried Dark Pit for the first time in bracket, since I wanted to see if the hype over the side-b buff was justified. It is. He feels great to play and I found myself switching to him for a few matchups I wouldn't normally! Definitely going to keep him on hand in future (and as far as I'm concerned it's still playing Pit, so I'm remaining loyal to my main~). I also got to practice my Palutena and Doc, and I'm very happy with how I've been doing with them.

- I made some great new friends, especially a Shulk main named Amax (his Shulk is insane, definitely the best I've ever met in person), and I even got to meet telex telex in person (spoiler alert: she's super cool)!

Overall, it was a great day and a very beneficial experience! Definitely gonna keep going to tourneys outside of my own region, it was so fun and exciting~

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
GBA lunatic doesn't exist. There's only hard mode in the GBA games, FE6 is hardest and most frustrating to beat.
I think your sarcasm detector is broken.
Awakening Lunatic is really ridiculously unbalanced and personally not recommend it over a straight run through of hard mode without grinding.
Really? I find Lunatic to be fine, it's Lunatic+ that's weird (though people who've examined it thoroughly have said that they like it...).

Also: Lunatic+ Classic is brutality. Lunatic is just really frustrating.

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK

:4lucina:moves forward when she F-smashes which technically moves her hurtbox. :4jigglypuff:sing touched Lucina's hurtbox before the F-smash hitbox came out causing her to fall asleep through the animation.

I've actually had a similar situation before when I was playing funsies with Izayoi Izayoi . He attempted to F-smash as :4ryu:as I was singing. However, just like in the gif above he fell asleep before he actually hit me (I then proceeded to rest him just as planned).
It was one of the funniest matches that I'll never forget.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
:4lucina:moves forward when she F-smashes which technically moves her hurtbox. :4jigglypuff:sing touched Lucina's hurtbox before the F-smash hitbox came out causing her to fall asleep through the animation.

I've actually had a similar situation before when I was playing funsies with Izayoi Izayoi . He attempted to F-smash as :4ryu:as I was singing. However, just like in the gif above he fell asleep before he actually hit me (I then proceeded to rest him just as planned).
It was one of the funniest matches that I'll never forget.
That's because I yelled "HAIYAH" before I released the kick and the hurtbox thing made me go "WHA-"...
It happened during one of our funsies when I played :4charizard: and I tried to F-Smash.
I learned to never use F-smash mid-Sing and just wait the Sing out...

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
That's because I yelled "HAIYAH" before I released the kick and the hurtbox thing made me go "WHA-"...
It happened during one of our funsies when I played :4charizard: and I tried to F-Smash.
I learned to never use F-smash mid-Sing and just wait the Sing out...
You also slid to the other side of battlefield from the momentum of the F-smash which made it even more hilarious.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Speaking of Jigglypuff, I'm positive I pissed off this Jiggly player at the end of this one FG match as I getting accustomed to Cloud.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
As Wintropy Wintropy said, we both attended the same tournament! It was amazing to meet Wintropy in real life, you're also super cool B)

Unfortunately it didn't go quite as well for me, it was by far my worst tournament performance ever...actually it was probably my worst play ever. I won't go too into it but basically...one SD per set. Agh v_v

But I still had such a great day, and I think I'll also try to go to tournaments outside my region! The more the merrier as far as I can see.

Thanks again for the great day Wintropy Wintropy , I'm glad you had a good time cos you deserved it <3

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

No Sing has done that to me twice. Except for when I'm :4littlemac:whereI can just BS my way through with Super Armor

Daxter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DaxterD
3DS FC
1289-9356-8058
Been a while, hey guys! Looks like I was sucked back into the world of Smash by the video presentation hype. I have to admit, Corrin disappointed me, despite how much I love Robin as a character. Ah well, Fates still looks fun :)

The break benefited me it seems. Either that or all the Clouds on FG aren't great yet. Either way, this is how I felt when I actually started winning some games:

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Star Wars: The Force Awakens was awesome.

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Star Wars: The Force Awakens was awesome.
I personally enjoyed it as well. A lot of action and comedy which made it extremely entertaining to watch. Revenge of the Sith is still probably my favorite movie out of all of them though.

Last edited:

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
I know I don't go on Smashboards all that much, but I thought Robin mains here would like this:

Also, I tried searching for it on threads first, but mobile isn't exactly friendly for searching for specific terms...

I mean, I think I'm a decent Robin player... but I don't know ANYTHING about frame data or combos. What the hell is the "Checkmate" term I see all the time here? Is it a specific string of moves/name of a combo at early percents or something?

Last edited:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I know I don't go on Smashboards all that much, but I thought Robin mains here would like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT8oXVViEKg

Also, I tried searching for it on threads first, but mobile isn't exactly friendly for searching for specific terms...

I mean, I think I'm a decent Robin player... but I don't know ANYTHING about frame data or combos. What the hell is the "Checkmate" term I see all the time here? Is it a specific string of moves/name of a combo at early percents or something?
Hey Shadow! Great work as always. xD
Checkmate refers to the down-throw into (Levin) Up-air combo that kills opponents.

Last edited:

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698

Oh hey, I know you. I'm a fan of your stuff

"Checkmate" is Robin's variation of a 'hoo-hah' which is basically DThrow->(Levin)UAir.

Last edited:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK

That was absolutely hilarious xD Fantastic job. Very well done.

shadowofchaos725

Smash Apprentice
Hey Shadow! Great work as always. xD
Checkmate refers to the down-throw into (Levin) Up-air combo that kills opponents.
Oh hey, I know you. I'm a fan of your stuff

"Checkmate" is Robin's variation of a 'hoo-hah' which is basically DThrow->(Levin)UAir.
I said "early percents or something"

I'm an idiot. "Checkmate" means ending a chess game.
Wow.

Thank you for clarifying. xD

Top Bottom