• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Just a week until the next monthly... And no one to practice with locally. I'm a bit afraid to practice online though due to lag issues... Still, I'm feeling confident in having a Cloud secondary, he's made it easier to deal with Ness and Lucas among others... And Meta Knight, surprisingly. But that could be placebo. I'm hyped though, this could be our largest or second-largest tourney yet! (inb4 I get paired against champion Phungi round one and buster out...)

For some reason, I feel like the only way to deal with Cloud is to mirror match him... And I know it doesn't have to be so. But that frame 1 jab just messes with my mains so much, even more than ZSS.

EDIT: Wow, didn't notice... MY FIRST PAGE CLAIM IN THIS THREAD! Don't worry, not a thing will change here... not a thing........

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm...gonna need proof of that one. I know Fire Emblem has seen a resurgence in the last few years, but topping Zelda sounds like a stretch.
Pokémon topped Zelda years ago, and Kirby's coming along. Doesn't seem much of a stretch when Link's already been replaced with people like(in any positive shape and form)Pit, Cloud, Robin, Ike, and...Kirby

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
welcome @LevinViolin! i forgot about SoS this time and then I had to go out once i remembered, so the next one will be the first one for both of us B)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yay...
Just a week until the next monthly... And no one to practice with locally. I'm a bit afraid to practice online though due to lag issues... Still, I'm feeling confident in having a Cloud secondary, he's made it easier to deal with Ness and Lucas among others... And Meta Knight, surprisingly. But that could be placebo. I'm hyped though, this could be our largest or second-largest tourney yet! (inb4 I get paired against champion Phungi round one and buster out...)

For some reason, I feel like the only way to deal with Cloud is to mirror match him... And I know it doesn't have to be so. But that frame 1 jab just messes with my mains so much, even more than ZSS.

EDIT: Wow, didn't notice... MY FIRST PAGE CLAIM IN THIS THREAD! Don't worry, not a thing will change here... not a thing........
Or use Pit against Cloud(works for me becuase of Arrows...and revenge)

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Notice how the pictures and gif line up after one another. It seems that a story has been told.
They were originally just a bunch of random images but once I realized I could tell a story out of it, I made the necessary changes.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Ladies and gentlemen, please disembark the SS Robin, and ALL ABOARD THE CORRIN TRAIN-- *shot*

Happy 1700 pages Robin gorls~

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Ohhhhh i thought ending as in forever. Hehehhhh
Well there hasn't been any confirmation of a 2nd season yet, but the original Webcomic and the manga adaption are still ongoing. Also the lead artist of the manga and the anime, Yusuke Murata, has said he will fight hard to ensure the anime continues!

And with how amazing the series is, and how popular it has become, I think a 2nd season is all but assured!

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
How do you guys think Robin fairs against Cloud? I'd imagine he does well at a distance, but once Cloud starts to get close, Robin will have a bit of trouble just cause of the Buster Swords range

Nah, it didn't.
Really? Hm, must just be placebo. Though i can help but notice I am kill with it much earlier than normal.

Didn't think about it at the time.

It seems like a reasonable revision. I'll see what I can do later tonight.
Oh, you don't have to do that. i just really wanted to make a Star Wars reference.

:135:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
How do you guys think Robin fairs against Cloud? I'd imagine he does well at a distance, but once Cloud starts to get close, Robin will have a bit of trouble just cause of the Buster Swords range

Really? Hm, must just be placebo. Though i can help but notice I am kill with it much earlier than normal.

Oh, you don't have to do that. i just really wanted to make a Star Wars reference.

:135:
In my experience the MU is doable, but there are a couple things that make it rather hard.
For one, Blade Beam clanks with all our projectiles except Thoron, and has pretty large size with decent speed.
The other annoying part is his mobility advantage and overall heavy damage. We can play defensively, but he also is good at defense and pressuring with Limit Break charge. It often comes down to skill and keeping an active guard up. Our best chance is to get him off-stage, especially if he has LB ready to go, so that we can force him to waste it on recovery.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Wanted to share this amazing fight I had with a Rosalina player. Already know what I was doing wrong here. I hardly went for grabs, hardly mixed it up with Nosferatu and didn't ever go for my items when I ran out of spells/levin. To be fair though this was one game out of many I had with her and when I was doing the other things before she kept seeing it and getting me. Also throws didn't work well as the player kept pressing buttons whenever I got close so I felt going for dash attacks worked out better.

Sorry for the video quality, I lack a capture card and the fight was longer than 3 minutes which meant Nintendo for some reason refuse to allow it to be shared via the wii u so had to record with phone.

This also means btw that I am officially online with Smash. My Nintendo ID is Ryudo212

I would love to do some Robin dittos to help improve my game. Hope to see some of you and have a good christmas! :)

D

Deleted member

Wanted to share this amazing fight I had with a Rosalina player. Already know what I was doing wrong here. I hardly went for grabs, hardly mixed it up with Nosferatu and didn't ever go for my items when I ran out of spells/levin. To be fair though this was one game out of many I had with her and when I was doing the other things before she kept seeing it and getting me. Also throws didn't work well as the player kept pressing buttons whenever I got close so I felt going for dash attacks worked out better.

Sorry for the video quality, I lack a capture card and the fight was longer than 3 minutes which meant Nintendo for some reason refuse to allow it to be shared via the wii u so had to record with phone.

This also means btw that I am officially online with Smash. My Nintendo ID is Ryudo212

I would love to do some Robin dittos to help improve my game. Hope to see some of you and have a good christmas! :)

Welcome!

You should let me teach you the Link/Robin MU some time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Welcome!

You should let me teach you the Link/Robin MU some time.
That would actually be beneficial. One of my worst MU's as I don't know how to deal with it too much. Depends on the Link I'm facing. Defensive link is what I suffer more from as it's hard to approach him. Jumping is bad as his up smash can kill. I kinda know that you have to walk and shield his projectiles to get in on him but that's something I find hard. Have done it before though. It's usually just a really long patient match though. If you have Discord or Skype it'll be cool to be able to message or talk to help me out. :)

D

Deleted member

That would actually be beneficial. One of my worst MU's as I don't know how to deal with it too much. Depends on the Link I'm facing. Defensive link is what I suffer more from as it's hard to approach him. Jumping is bad as his up smash can kill. I kinda know that you have to walk and shield his projectiles to get in on him but that's something I find hard. Have done it before though. It's usually just a really long patient match though. If you have Discord or Skype it'll be cool to be able to message or talk to help me out. :)
I have Skype and I can make a Discord,

I believe the old headset I have lying around in my house is still functional (mic-wise) so I think I could do voice chat, the only complication would be making sure that I do it in a room/at a time where a lot of people aren't/when a lot of people aren't active since I have multiple siblings that can be loud/distracting.

Feel free to PM me for more details and stuff and we can coordinate all of that if you want.

Top Bottom