• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Day 1 Corrin wifi tournament when, would be hype and fun

I would join the Symphony of Scales if I wasn't fraudulent with Robin smh

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Would join SoS if I wasn't stuck with 3DS smash. :p

Yeah, I was using Cloud kinda heavy at first, but I'm back to having Shulk up front. I still pull out Mr. Spikey as a secondary for tough MUs though. I hate how I can start fights against Mewtwo really well, but then for some reason he turns it around during the second stock....

D

Deleted member

So yeah SoS me getting tied for last place aside kinda got me itching to fight people (non-FG people anyway) and starting tomorrow there'll be plenty of time for that so.....
Let me crush you tomorrow </3

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Well this thread seem to be lively as ever. What's up? Seems to have a lot of One punch man discussion here. I have read the manga before it was popular. *****ing hipster me.

But I am glad that it got so popular now.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Why is it that whenever I try to play someone...I end up having to be forced to go or do something else?

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I've realized that the Greninja player I fought at KotN is now an Honorable Mention of my regions PR.
And I remember not doing to badly against him and taking a stock.
Then again, I can't tell whether it was a pity stock or not.
So I guess that's good.
upload_2015-12-22_20-29-41.png

Although I only recognize Gangrel, Kellem, Basillio, Hector, Kent, and Canas.
It's also interesting that Z2G has Basillio as his icon because he's actually black.
(Not making fun of black guys. at all. Just pointing that out)

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
In order:

Kieran (9/10)
Hector (7)
Basilio (Awakening)
Kellam (Awakening)
Zephiel & Guinevere (6)
Tormod (9/10)
Gangrel (Awakening)
Canas (7)
Skrimir (9/10)
Kent (7)

Last edited:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
I'm thinking it's likely all 5 PR'd people in the local scene will be there on Sunday. Maybe this time I can do well enough to jump from top of honorable mentions on the power ranking, to an actual position on the rankings. *prays*

That said, I haven't practiced my Robin enough this past week, leaving mostly Shulk and Cloud to fight.

Just hope I don't epic fail and last-place like last time. I must get there in time to practice beforehand this time!
(No one enters a Hard/Lunatic chapter without doing battle preparations.)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I have a friend who saus that 8 and 16 bit games suck...I'm killing him(jk...maybe)

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
I have a friend who saus that 8 and 16 bit games suck...I'm killing him(jk...maybe)
Bridge the gap... Force him to play Shovel Knight, maybe then he'll change his mind.

Also, point out that many GBA games were pretty darn close to 16-bit... Especially if he played any FF games on it, which were direct ports of 16-bit games...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Bridge the gap... Force him to play Shovel Knight, maybe then he'll change his mind.

Also, point out that many GBA games were pretty darn close to 16-bit... Especially if he played any FF games on it, which were direct ports of 16-bit games...
...he also thinks that everything about Nintendo besides Smash is gay and only nostalgia factoring...he plays PC btw(call him a scrub if ya want)

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
hate to be the guy, but:
Zephiel & Guinevere (6)
the artwork used is actually from 7, they were in both games

Skrimir (9/10)
and Skrimir was only in 10

also hi folks, been a while since I've had a chance to catch up on this thread. Missed the tournament since I was away, and it was probably at like 4am my time anyway

Nah

Smash Champion
Let me crush you tomorrow </3
Lemme know when exactly's a good time

If I actually tried I could maybe make my region's PR. I know @Kotor and AureusVulpes AureusVulpes could easily do it but then again we do live in the Tristate region so :^)
It'd be nice if I could make it into the New Jersey PR someday.....but that ain't ever happening lol

Not when the NJ PR is filled with people like Nairo, Dabuz, Keitaro, Nakat, Angel Cortes, Tweek, etc, etc

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I actually tried I could maybe make my region's PR. I know @Kotor and AureusVulpes AureusVulpes could easily do it but then again we do live in the Tristate region so :^)
I know that feel, bro.
I live in Tristate and I entered two biweekly tournaments... they were very difficult. I don't think I got very far in both of them (I was eliminated in losers round 3 in a 42 man tournament and eliminated in losers round 2 in a 40 man tournament).
It's really hard to make a name for yourself in Tristate...

D

Deleted member

@The Soulless One would you be up for some matches sometime today? I'd love to get more Link mirror experience.

It'd be nice if I could make it into the New Jersey PR someday.....but that ain't ever happening lol

Not when the NJ PR is filled with people like Nairo, Dabuz, Keitaro, Nakat, Angel Cortes, Tweek, etc, etc
Basically at any time that isn't 5:00 pm - ~7:30 pm EST, because I have some personal obligations during that time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

Not with that attitude. Your in one of the best states for fiends and the like it's gonna be hard as hell to break out there but if you do you can be really good as a result its just all about how your learning, mindset and practice etc etc .

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Hey guys! I'm free for some matches today! I've created a discord group for anyone who wants to text whilst playing some matches. Feel free for anyone from this forum post or smashboards in general to join. For some reason internet refuses to work on my laptop in my room where my Wii U is, so I like to use Discord because the phone app for it is amazing for me. I'm blaming Windows 10 for this atrocity because ever since I upgraded to it that's when my computer internet has been funny in my room (but fine everywhere else for some reason? Also internet is fine for EVERYTHING else in my room).

here's the link to it: https://discord.gg/0iYswfgf4oi0lisp

Active only for 24 hours. If anyone wishes to join after this time is up feel free to pm me or I might just make another post here later. Only have @The Soulless One there so far.

My username there is Yoite and I have the kawaii af picture of Illyasviel from Fate Stay Night :p

Oh Raziek Raziek you might remember me from your Youtube comments. I was Yoite Suoh with the Berserk profile picture asking for some possible Robin help in the future. My NID is Ryudo212. If you wish to still have some matches in the future to help me out I'll appreciate it. Feel free to join the Discord group too if you wish.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
@rinku mind if I send a request on NNID? Always good to have Links to practice against :) also feel free to join the Discord if you're interested (your choice of course).

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
@rinku mind if I send a request on NNID? Always good to have Links to practice against :) also feel free to join the Discord if you're interested (your choice of course).
Sure. I'd be more than happy to play with you after I play with Soul if you'd like. I don't typically message in between matches because I tend to put all my concentration onto the game lol. Thank you for the offer though.

D

Deleted member

Sure. I'd be more than happy to play with you after I play with Soul if you'd like. I don't typically message in between matches because I tend to put all my concentration onto the game lol. Thank you for the offer though.
Soulless*

Soulless or TSO for short pl0x, I'm just kind of particular about it. :p

Also I don't think I've ever expressed how much I despise the Link mirror, it freakin' sucks.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
That's fair enough. I just like to know what I'm doing wrong and whatnot but we could just have a session and talk about the matches afterwards if you prefer that. I know people who do that too. :)

@The Soulless One

Meanwhile my most fun matches have been Robin dittos ;)

Last edited:

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Sorry I missed out on Symphony of Scales, guys. :( Had to do Christmassy stuffs. Really disappointed I missed it.

I'll actually be out doing stuff for Christmas for most of the next two weeks, so I'll be off for a while. Fear not, for I shall return - I swear it. :happysheep:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Soulless*

Soulless or TSO for short pl0x, I'm just kind of particular about it. :p

Also I don't think I've ever expressed how much I despise the Link mirror, it freakin' sucks.
I'll keep that in mind then. If that's the case we can just do like a best of three at the start then just play whoever afterwards lol.

That's fair enough. I just like to know what I'm doing wrong and whatnot but we could just have a session and talk about the matches afterwards if you prefer that. I know people who do that too. :)
Sure thing, it be a pleasure.

D

Deleted member

I'll keep that in mind then. If that's the case we can just do like a best of three at the start then just play whoever afterwards lol.

Sure thing, it be a pleasure.
Well no I was just expressing that I personally dislike the mirror, that doesn't mean I won't play it, hell I need more mirror experience as rare as it may be.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Sorry I missed out on Symphony of Scales, guys. :( Had to do Christmassy stuffs. Really disappointed I missed it.

I'll actually be out doing stuff for Christmas for most of the next two weeks, so I'll be off for a while. Fear not, for I shall return - I swear it. :happysheep:
Do you main MK in Smash 4 by any chance? Because my irl close friend / Fighting game mentor mains him too and does tournament with him. :p So I'm quite familiar with the matchup haha!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

You better...you're Meta Knight

LevinViolin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaptainLinebeck
3DS FC
4038-6039-4160
Happy Christmas Eve Eve everyone!

How's the weather where everyone is? It's very wet here right now. :ohwell: I would much rather have clear skies or overcast than rain at this time of year.

Top Bottom