• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
It's not legal basically anywhere in the US*. It's just that, since these Robin-only tourneys are more for fun, and we are all using the same character, we allow more stages. (There were also 5 stage bans, so you could easily ban all the jank out if you wanted to)
*Except Kona, Hawaii.

Seriously, I've been trying to get the guys at the local scene to get things straight, but the TO has just adopted a vote-based approach to solving stage selection issues. -_- At the last monthly, Castle Siege and Delfino Island weren't even legal... Just because people voted them out. And yet, Pilotwings and KJ64 both remain legal... Not to mention the top player is really itching to legalize Wuhu Island. I finally posted the stage lists from EVO and Apex right in their faces, but we'll see if it does any good....

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I mean, strictly speaking I don't think Wuhu is that bad and it got a bum rap because of that Ness glitch that worked on like, 2 characters (AND got patched out), but yeah Pilotwings is definitely not ok, lol.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
I mean, strictly speaking I don't think Wuhu is that bad and it got a bum rap because of that Ness glitch that worked on like, 2 characters (AND got patched out), but yeah Pilotwings is definitely not ok, lol.
I can relate to Pilotwings being bad... I only have 3DS, so first time I entered a monthly where PW was allowed, I was playing Shulk and my opponent chose ZSS. Here, they got to choose the stage, and picked PW. In the end, I camped with UTilt when able, as well as using the tilting wings to get ZSS really close to the blast zone... And I 2-stocked the guy. -_- I knew that victory was heavily skewed by the stage, so I've never gone back to the stage.
I still threaten to counterpick it though, hehehehe

Wuhu is alright, I've played it once in friendlies, where my unfamiliarity with it and the Pro Controller I was using led to a disgraceful 2-stock against me. I think I'm ready I could go back, but it will happen in its own time.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Stage banning around here just seems off to me Obviously, stages like Pilotwings have good reason to be banned, but are stages like Wuhu, Skyloft, and Kongo really so bad? If there's nothing inherently game breaking about them, why keep us from playing them?

I don't know, it all just comes off as over-conservative to me. :ohwell:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Stage banning around here just seems off to me Obviously, stages like Pilotwings have good reason to be banned, but are stages like Wuhu, Skyloft, and Kongo really so bad? If there's nothing inherently game breaking about them, why keep us from playing them?

I don't know, it all just comes off as over-conservative to me. :ohwell:
Can't be nearly as asinine as to why Final Destination was banned in some places.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can't say much about Wuhu Island, but Skyloft isn't an offensive stage in my opinion. Nothing about Skyloft's layout makes me wish that it was banned, though I am not a fan of certain sections of the stage (such as the bell area).

Kongo Jungle is a stage that I can't defend. I think it's fine in doubles, but it's awful for singles. I think the stage can become way too campy for singles play and I think that makes it especially bad for characters that can't handle circle camping, like Little Mac.
EDIT: Also, who the hell bans FD?

Last edited by a moderator:

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
I had no idea Skyloft could be a thing places. I don't even know 3/4 of the Wii U stages... LOL, yes, sad day I took Diddy Kong to KJ64. RIP Shulk, I'll take better care of you next time. Also, could you imagine the uproar if FD was banned on For Glory? *troll*

I'm feeling more confident now. Just came off FG, where I finally managed to pull off some BAir kills with Shulk while edge guarding. Why on earth haven't I been doing it all this time? No one seems to expect it since you're still so far away from them.
Also, Dodongo dislikes... People who manage to beat you with your own main for disrespect.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Final Destination banned... over what? The background is too distracting?

D

Deleted member

I think that it might be something to do with one part having the background go completely white, blinding players in the process. It's hard for the eyes to see something almost completely dark to something completely white.
I know some areas substitute Palutena's Temple Omega over Final Destination.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Reminds me of when it was banned in MD/VA because of the background.
Good times.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Where is FD banned? >_>
Also, who the hell bans FD?
I'm trying to remember where I read this. This was some time ago and the ban was lifted awfully quick, but a couple of tournies banned the stage because:
And there you just barely glanced if not directly hit the nail on the head, Kotor.

Now you know why the ban was lifted.

AmericanDJ AmericanDJ That was one of the tournies that banned it.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Found this in another thread. Some of you might have already seen it, but it's worth seeing again anyway.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Good. I didn't like many of the voices from his/her Smash 4 trailer.

I know you're not arguing exactly what other certain people have been arguing, but it's only obligatory I link you to this.
I liked the red dude the most, but hated that little girl who says "he's my brother"

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
"We interrupt your talk of Symphony of Scales to bring you this!"

View attachment 89212
Kinda sucks they went with Piloswine standards and had Lucas only learn Future Sight via Move Tutor. Ya know how hard it is to find that wandering Fiora trainer that passes out those Monado Scales? Really hard.

Don't even get me started on finding a Materia Stone for the next evolution either. It's painful enough Shulk also has to have a higher Special Attack than his Special Defense, and have a Happiness rating below 80. Oi.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Meanwhile the "banned" stages for me and Kotor Kotor 's freindgroup is literally "no stupid hazards, auto scrollers or Palutena's Temple/GCO" since I haven't gotten off my butt to compose a proper list of "guidelines to follow so no one breaks my wii u out of salt".

I debated Nixing FFA's in favor of teams since we have like 5 or 7 people playing at the same time, and getting 1v1's started is a nightmare, but w/e, FFAs tend to be more fun (and chaotic), but i wish we could do more 1v1's so we could actually gauge the skill of people like @Nudisto Shiza (who managed to two stock and beat the Luigi Player who was considered top 3 in our group during the spring)

/endrant

Folt

Smash Ace
ARE YOU READY GUYS?!!!

YEAAAAAAAH!!!!!

PUT YA GUNZ ON!!!!!

YEAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!

SENGOKU BASARA IS BACK BABY!!!!!!

movie

Official site: http://www.capcom.co.jp/basara_yukimuraden/

Is it wrong to be this sexually aroused by a video game trailer?
Haven't played it, but I have played Hyrule Warriors and Samurai Warriors by Tecmo Koei and they owned.

(And made me think up ideas for a Fire Emblem Warriors game.)

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Hard to believe it's almost the end of the year again already. Doesn't feel like that long ago when I was giving and receiving gifts.

Anyway, have a good one everyone! What are your plans for the day?

UmbreonMageBrando

The Quiet One
NNID
Megaman648
Hard to believe it's almost the end of the year again already. Doesn't feel like that long ago when I was giving and receiving gifts.

Playing a few rounds on smashladder, either breed pokemon or beat the elite 4 over and over again to obtain large amounts of money, helping out my family with preparing for the Christmas party.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Smash 4 training is my schedule for today. And then Soulcalibur 5 training for the evening.

Boring day right? :p

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

We say this every year, and we still expect it to feel like it'll take forever for the next year to come
ARE YOU READY GUYS?!!!

YEAAAAAAAH!!!!!

PUT YA GUNZ ON!!!!!

YEAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!

SENGOKU BASARA IS BACK BABY!!!!!!

Official site: http://www.capcom.co.jp/basara_yukimuraden/

Is it wrong to be this sexually aroused by a video game trailer?
Meh

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato

Sit my butt and play Xenoblade Chronicles X for the second frikkin' time.
..Somebody help me.

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Merry Christmas y'all.

This year's Christmas Eve family party was easily the most disturbing one I've ever had.

For context: we had this game where the guys (save my dad, sly old man weaselled his way out) had to dress up as ladies, complete with makeup, clothes and all that. The 3 guys in the middle are my cousins, the man on the far left is my uncle and the other two on the right are my sister's friends (the one in pink is actually her boyfriend).

All the wigs they're wearing are mine, so I told them that they all owe me $30 per wig if I found any damage on them. :secretkpop:

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Second time... that can't be right. When did you first start playing this game?
Release day. I completed my first playthrough in about a week and a half. It has 100 hours+ in.

My second playthrough? I'm hitting the 30 hour mark. The entire reason I started again was because I regretted completing the story so quickly without recruiting the rest of the party members and without a clear goal after endgame.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK

Probably Xenoblade Chronicles X and maybe some Smash later. Nothing really special going on today until tomorrow.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
As for me, I'll be visiting my mom's side of my family and have a party, then come back home where another party will be had with my dad's side. It's going to be an interesting day.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I have basically no idea what I'm doing today aside from trying to fully rebuild Colony 6 in Xenoblade.

Also, tips against the boss of chapter 20 in FE7?

Top Bottom