• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Are you guys talking about Star Wars?!

Man, the 7th movie was GOOD! Saw a couple of days ago and loved it!

Also regarding the prequels, when I was younger, I never understood why everyone thought they were so bad, as I really like them (plus they were one of my first star wars movies not include seeing the 6th before them). But now that I watch them again, I can see why people hate them

I believe Nintendo also said she was the very last character, Sakurai doesn't need to do anything else anymore
Well that is just a bit of a shame. I mean, I expected to end soon, but I'm still a little sad.

:135:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Are you guys talking about Star Wars?!

Man, the 7th movie was GOOD! Saw a couple of days ago and loved it!

Also regarding the prequels, when I was younger, I never understood why everyone thought they were so bad, as I really like them (plus they were one of my first star wars movies not include seeing the 6th before them). But now that I watch them again, I can see why people hate them

Well that is just a bit of a shame. I mean, I expected to end soon, but I'm still a little sad.

I got over it thanks to Pit

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Endor was Return of the Jedi.
I misread your original post. I didn't know you were talking about ESB and I assumed that you forgot to add "the" before Empire in your post, which made me think you were talking about the Empire and not the 5th movie.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I misread your original post. I didn't know you were talking about ESB and I assumed that you forgot to add "the" before Empire in your post, which made me think you were talking about the Empire and not the 5th movie.
Speaking of the 5th movie...Darth Vader is a great day

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pit honestay fits the Fire Emblem artwork than he does in the Kid Icarus anime artwork/Palutena poster
M8, you better spoiler that ****

A movie that's pretty much 2-3 decades old needs a spoiler when pretty much everyone knows about it?

Last edited:

Benishigure

You need to MOVE.
Zantetsugun Zantetsugun

I added some image examples to your corn entry on the Smash memes page on TV Tropes. (one of the 3 examples is my Corn costume edit because I'm that conceited :secretkpop:)

Also, because I still had the Cloud-to-Butt Chrome plugin activated, on the way I ended up changing "Fox McCloud" to "Fox McButt" while I was editing the corn stuff, which was entirely accidental.

I had to turn off the plugin and fix it. XD

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I bet you have a Darth Vader one at the very least.
I'll get back with you on that later tonight.
It's later tonight.

avi_darth.png

The farce awakens.

[EDIT] I actually hunted down the initial reason why I made that avi. Turns out it was discussion on this very thread near May 4.

I intended to do a Darth chu for the occasion, and was late finishing it, so I abandoned the plan. Then Zantetsugun Zantetsugun made a Revenge of the Fifth crack and it got its time.

View attachment 50369

I got a reason to get it out after all.
Memories. Good times.

It's still better than the Phantom Menace..
Real talk.

That bar is not high.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
A movie that's pretty much 2-3 decades old needs a spoiler when pretty much everyone knows about it?
Wanna hear a fun fact? During the making of that scene, Lucas wanted to make the scene more genuine. What he did was put the signature line "I am your father." in James Earl Jones' script only. It was not in the scripts of the other actors, so they were unaware of it. Mark Hamill was caught completely offguard by the line during recording and his reaction ("No, that's not true... That's impossible!") was completely genuine and non scripted.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Wanna hear a fun fact? During the making of that scene, Lucas wanted to make the scene more genuine. What he did was put the signature line "I am your father." in James Earl Jones' script only. It was not in the scripts of the other actors, so they were unaware of it. Mark Hamill was caught completely offguard by the line during recording and his reaction ("No, that's not true... That's impossible!") was completely genuine and non scripted.
That is extremly cool to know

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Zantetsugun Zantetsugun

I added some image examples to your corn entry on the Smash memes page on TV Tropes. (one of the 3 examples is my Corn costume edit because I'm that conceited :secretkpop:)

Also, because I still had the Cloud-to-Butt Chrome plugin activated, on the way I ended up changing "Fox McCloud" to "Fox McButt" while I was editing the corn stuff, which was entirely accidental.

I had to turn off the plugin and fix it. XD
Hahahaha nice! Thanks for the assist!
I intended to do a Darth chu for the occasion, and was late finishing it, so I abandoned the plan. Then @Zantetsugun made a Revenge of the Fifth crack and it got its time.
So could you say, indirectly, I am that images father? :p :demon:

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871

I finally did it. I finally beat chapter 16 AND got the sidequest. It wasn't easy and it took me a couple of tries to 1) Get Priscilla to Raven without Raven killing all of the guards and 2) not have any of my units die, but it will all be worth it eventually.
Special thanks to @Symphonia for letting me know how to get to chapter 16x.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Is it bad that I'm looking forward for Lost In Thoughts All Alone and Bayonetta's stage more than the characters themselves? And I'm REALLY looking forward to playing them, so that says something.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Guys, question.

Did Robin's LS Fair get a knock back buff? Cause I swear, I am kill just so much earlier with it than I use to.

Is it bad that I'm looking forward for Lost In Thoughts All Alone and Bayonetta's stage more than the characters themselves? And I'm REALLY looking forward to playing them, so that says something.
No, i am too. Serious, that song is just sooooooooo goooooooood!

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!

Somewhat disappointed... Still cool I guess...
Yeah, the new info on Fragmentary Passage was pretty slim, I was hoping we'd get some more substantial info on the game (although I'm totally down for Riku and Kairi potentially being the primary protagonists).

I'm interested in the story of the Foretellers in Unchained X, but again was hoping for something a bit more substantial.

DDD HD is looking nice, but I've already played the **** out of original DDD, so I'm not as hyped for that.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is what I came for, and I was (mostly) not disappointed. While I would have liked to have seen more story info, the gameplay shown was really impressive, and has reignited my hype for KH3 a thousandfold!

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I looked into the English lyrics of Aqua's song. This is what I got.

You are the ocean’s great waves
Destined to seek
Life beyond the shore
Just out of reach

Yet the waters ever change
Flowing like time
That path is
Yours to climb

In the white light
A hand reaches through
A double-edged blade cuts your heart in two
Makes the dreams fade away
Embrace the brand new day

Sing with me a song
Of birthrights and love
That light scatters to the sky above
Dawn breaks through the moon
White as a bone
Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Life is not just....

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002

Destined to seek
Life beyond the shore
Just out of reach

Flowing like time
That path is
Yours to climb

In the white light
A hand reaches through

Sing with me a song
A birthrights and love
White as a bone

Life is not just....
Aw, Kotor changed his avi. You will be missed, well endowed Orphelia. Maybe.

On a serious note, thanks for posting the lyrics, although the grammar Nazi in me squirms at "A birthrights and love".

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

Destined to seek
Life beyond the shore
Just out of reach

Flowing like time
That path is
Yours to climb

In the white light
A hand reaches through

Sing with me a song
A birthrights and love
White as a bone

Life is not just....
I can literally hear the song in my head as I'm reading this. Gawds, i'm so hyped!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Force Awakens was a success
A spoiler is still a spoiler.

I find your lack of Lightsaber...... disturbing.

Then you've been murdered multiple times under a John Cena sized "Rock" if you don't know about the legendary "I am your father" line.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Force Awakens was a success

Then you've been murdered multiple times under a John Cena sized "Rock" if you don't know about the legendary "I am your father" line.
IKR? What you r8 it?

Also, maybe some people just don't want to see Star Wars. And those people are idiots

You know, that last attack by Sora in the trailer looked awfully familiar. Hmmm.....

I know.

HADOUKEN!!!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IKR? What you r8 it?

Also, maybe some people just don't want to see Star Wars. And those people are idiots

I know.

HADOUKEN!!!

They don't have to watch it in order to know where it's from...

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!

Hot damn, that looks great. I really like the attention to detail they're putting in 3, like they show casing how sora gets sent downstream if he lands in the water.
I wished they showed some more new stuff, still hyped though! This reminds me that I still have to start Birth By Sleep... >.<
Oh my goooooosh, birth by sleep is by far the most fun i've had in a KH game, please do.

AmericanDJ

NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
All this KH talk and the only one I've played is Dream Drop Distance. :lol:
Anyway, I have now recruited Canas in FE7.

I also realized that he and Erk are tied for the highest resistance of all my characters that can attack (Serra's resistance is higher but she can't attack yet). So it took me a while to beat the chapter because the paladin that appeared killed Lyn, and then the mage that has Elfire killed Lyn on my 2nd try, and Sain on my 3rd try, but on my fourth try I finally did it correctly and used Canas/Erk.
Oh yeah and I met Anna too.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
All this KH talk and the only one I've played is Dream Drop Distance. :lol:
Anyway, I have now recruited Canas in FE7.

I also realized that he and Erk are tied for the highest resistance of all my characters that can attack (Serra's resistance is higher but she can't attack yet). So it took me a while to beat the chapter because the paladin that appeared killed Lyn, and then the mage that has Elfire killed Lyn on my 2nd try, and Sain on my 3rd try, but on my fourth try I finally did it correctly and used Canas/Erk.
Oh yeah and I met Anna too.
Anna looks better today...not sorry(sorry?)

2004Zilla

Smash Master
NNID
2004Zilla
It seriously saddens me that we live in a society where people can't search anything about The Force Awakens without seeing major spoilers in the Google Search Engine, for Pete's sake!

I already saw the movie, though, and it was great. If there's one problem that wasn't necessarily the biggest issue, but one that stuck out to me most, was the fact that
Captain Phasma is criminally underused.

Can't wait come 2017.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It seriously saddens me that we live in a society where people can't search anything about The Force Awakens without seeing major spoilers in the Google Search Engine, for Pete's sake!

I already saw the movie, though, and it was great. If there's one problem that wasn't necessarily the biggest issue, but one that stuck out to me most, was the fact that
Captain Phasma is criminally underused.

Can't wait come 2017.
2017?...I'm still waiting for my Captain America and Deadpool movies to come, 2017 can wait until they've been seen.

Top Bottom