• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

D

Deleted member

I haven't finished Kid Icarus Uprising and haven't played it in a while but it was great from what I played.
Although I'm not a fan of the controls. It really hurts my hands.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I played uprising and it's a great game in most aspects.
What anime series are your favorite? Just wondering really.
It's hard to name a favourite so here are a few of mine. Steins;Gate is really good, Soul Eater was one of the first anime shows I really enjoyed. My favourite anime that is somewhat recent is No Game No Life, it gets a little heavy with fanservice at times though.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Dragonball Z is my all time favorite anime. It was just such a huge part of my childhood that I can't NOT say it's my favorite. So the fact that we're living in the DragonBall renaissance right now is just so amazing for me!

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Speaking of Uprising I just bought it earlier today. Never actually played a Kid Icarus game before I'll play after I beat FE: Radiant Dawn.

EDIT:
Does anyone have Kamui X Matoi supports somewhere I haven't found them yet?

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Speaking of Uprising I just bought it earlier today. Never actually played a Kid Icarus game before
Only having 2 games before Uprising, I don't think many people really did, especially given most people seemed to have forgotten the GB sequel existed and the NES game being considered a quasi-classic at best.
If you can get used to the controls, Uprising is pretty fun, it has a lot of charm and effort put into it.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Hot damn thanks alot for the hook.. Her looking like my favorite FE:A girl is one of the few reasons I would grab Hoshido. Still leaning on Nohr though.

Only having 2 games before Uprising, I don't think many people really did, especially given most people seemed to have forgotten the GB sequel existed and the NES game being considered a quasi-classic at best.
If you can get used to the controls, Uprising is pretty fun, it has a lot of charm and effort put into it.
Nice to know and yeah I heard about the controls but I did heard circle pad pro helps alot with it.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Hi, boys and girls! I'm a new user! I created this profile just because of this thread, 'cause of Robin, 'cause of Fire Emblem Fates' spoilers, 'cause of Captain Falcon... 'cause of all of you.

Anyway, if my grammar looks horrible to you, is because I'm italian. I hope not, obviously. :079:
Hai! :happysheep:

Gotta give 'dem hugs!

*hugs*

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Looking at the cosplay pictures... Then reading the comment about bravery with risque outfits... I can relate. :p
At the gaming convention I went to two weeks ago, someone was wearing a cosplay outfit that amounted to hot-pink hair, eye-contacts to change her eyes pink, a bikini and some paintings of clouds. I don't even know what anime that was from, but boy is that brave... At least she changed her costume later to be a Team Magma Grunt.

Favorite anime? Gah, so many... To the point I put them into genres. Sci-fi is Steins;Gate. Trapped-in-game genre is Log Horizon. Mecha goes to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, followed by Macross Frontier. Durarara!! (where I got my avatar) is great for story and dark plots (new arc started yesterday!). And for a nice big "WT* did I just watch?", FLCL. I will not mention ecchi unless prompted.

Kid Icarus: Uprising is one of my top 5 favorite games on the 3DS. Also, I'd love to play some matches on there sometime with anyone who has it. (Though not today)

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
@ RadiantTactician RadiantTactician

Tell me... What's been happening for you in FFXIV? What's the last major thing that went down? Remember, throw stuff in spoilers! (Don't worry, I've finished the MSQs for HW)

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I'm told someone is in this photo but other than the people in the background, all I see are plants.

Last edited:

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
For anyone interested in the artistic side of Fire Emblem, here's a time-lapse video of Yusuke Kozaki drawing a piece of artwork of Felicia. It's over 30 minutes long, and goes through every step in the process, from the initial sketch to adding colour and shading.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
For anyone interested in the artistic side of Fire Emblem, here's a time-lapse video of Yusuke Kozaki drawing a piece of artwork of Felicia. It's over 30 minutes long, and goes through every step in the process, from the initial sketch to adding colour and shading.
This is actually really helpful for me. I've wanted draw like him for a very long time!

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I've got quite a few so I'll just list what's in my top 5;

Bakemonogatari
Wolf's Rain
K-On!
Your Lie In April
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU

Other notable mentions though include:
Kokoro Connect
Toradora
Non Non Biyori
Golden Time
Nagi no Asukara
Initial D
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Working!!

and there are many more since I love watching anime c:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
While it isn't my favorite 3DS game, Kid Icarus Uprising has incredible amounts of charm and personality. And let's not forget its rockin' soundtrack Embarrass
@ RadiantTactician RadiantTactician

Tell me... What's been happening for you in FFXIV? What's the last major thing that went down? Remember, throw stuff in spoilers! (Don't worry, I've finished the MSQs for HW)
Currently revisiting the Sea of Clouds, probably in anticipation for Bismarck (which I'm not looking forward to from what my friends are saying). Haven't been able to progress very much because leveling up is a PAIN when I reach the LV barrier.

The last major thing I did was clear the Vault. Haurchefant's kindness and sacrifice will not be forgotten :cry:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Holy mother, just saw this on Squidboards:

Currently revisiting the Sea of Clouds, probably in anticipation for Bismarck (which I'm not looking forward to from what my friends are saying). Haven't been able to progress very much because leveling up is a PAIN when I reach the LV barrier.

The last major thing I did was clear the Vault. Haurchefant's kindness and sacrifice will not be forgotten :cry:

Bismarck Story isn't too hard. Just make sure you don't stand in telegraphs that will knock you off the edge and as long as the DPS has a good head on its shoulders (you MUST be on Bismarck to damage him when he's pulled in).

Yeah. The Vault sucked ass. I started actually hating the Elezen bow emote after that. Seeing those ****s with their ****-eating grins and their stupid bow as the one guy who was there when you hit absolute rock bottom died just burnt HARD. It was a gut punch to be sure. But keep going. Just keep going. I won't say much, but something good WILL happen soon. Just keep soldiering on. Soldier.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
It sucks to not have a TV. I couldn't watch the the first episode of Dragon Ball Super. Even if I had one, I might not have been able to see it anyways because yesterday I was taking the japanese language proficiency test.

@Sonic Storm Did you see it online? Do you have a link by any chance?

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
The third part of "Hired Emblem" in Awkward Zombie is up:

I've always wanted :4roy: to show up in this comic, and his brief appearance here does not disappoint.

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
Good morning everyone!:happysheep:
Kid Icarus Uprising, uh? IMHO, it's one of the best 3DS' games of all times. definetely worth playing.

Fun fact:
When I played KI U first time, i felt like the controls were comfortable for me. :drflip:
Some days ago I re-played it. I felt way too uncomfortable. :drsad:

Last edited:

Nameless Nothingness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
pinkpallin
3DS FC
3995-6837-1215
Jeez, way too good morning for the time you posted it. :cheep:
7.8/10 too much morning. :drflip:
recycling jokes isn't a good thing to do

Talking about eastern guys, today I faced a Japanese In For Glory 1 vs 1. When the match started, my Ganondorf was the onlyone on the battlefield. After the initial countdown, i won immediatly.
:054:MINDBLOW:054:

I saved the replay, but i don't know how to post it here.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Neat! Thanks!

It was indeed a nice introductory episode basically showing where are everyone right now.

There is just one thing that doesn't seem to add up. Is this after Resurrection F? Now, it is mentioned that Gohan and Videl got married (the subs are a little misleading because they say that they are "getting married" instead, as if they haven't got married yet) but Pan, who was already born by the start of Resurrection F movie is nowhere to be found. We do see Beerus is active on his duty, which basically confirms that this after Battle of the Gods. I hope they clarify this later on.

Edit: According to TVtropes, it seems that there are some changes in this series that override some events in the two movies, like Beerus being awake before meeting Goku and co. It could be that the first few episodes serve as some kind of interquel to the two movies. Later on, they may continue after Resurrection of F.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Two Waluigis?
Yeah, a playable Waluigi and Waluigi. I mean, is there any difference in their personalities and the fact that they can't exist without
their original counterparts?

Anyway, i know i'll look like a nostalgic, but Matthew Taranto's comics (Brawl in the family) was way better than Awkward Zombie'comics.
:sadsheep:
This.

AZ keeps being such a hit-or-miss and pandering to toxicfying enjoyment out of certain characters majority deems "trash" in this ******** fandom.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Two Waluigis? Anyway, i know i'll look like a nostalgic, but Matthew Taranto's comics (Brawl in the family) was way better than Awkward Zombie'comics.
:sadsheep:
Yeah, a playable Waluigi and Waluigi. I mean, is there any difference in their personalities and the fact that they can't exist without
their original counterparts?

This.

AZ keeps being such a hit-or-miss and pandering to toxicfying enjoyment out of certain characters majority deems "trash" in this ******** fandom.

He meant Shadow

Top Bottom