• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
The best way to persuade prisoners to join your team.

Orochi confirmed best grill. #TeamHoshido ALL THE WAY.

D

Deleted member

I got out of a Ranked match where it ended up being a 2v2 after two people from both teams disconnected. It was actually really fun since it got a lot more intense and the fact that our game was super close. Getting splatted mattered a whole lot more so we had to play a lot more careful but still be aggressive. It ended up going to time and we won with only a 1 second difference on our clocks.

2v2 was actually fun and I'm wondering if that could be implemented in a new game mode.
2v2's in shooters are amazing.

See: the Halo series.

-----------------

@ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222 ,

My critique from yesterday:

Solid stuff overall, but there are a couple key things to note.

In general, you tend to get too campy for your own good, especially when you're down a stock.

In that vein you also give up stage control too easily, a lot of the time I could just force you to the edge of the stage if I wanted to.

You also get grabby here and there, which isn't awful, but it becomes predictable and can get you punished.

In terms of specific character play:

:4robinm: :
You certainly know some character tech, but you tend to leave yourself open, I would recommend a little less use of Jab, the Elwind jab often caught my shield, that or as :4link: I could SDI out pretty well. And I'm pretty sure that at low or mid percent :4ganondorf: can DI Jab 2 down and then shield the Arcfire jab before it comes out, so be careful using that a lot.

I've said it to everyone else and I'll say it again, it is very unlikely that Robin will win a spam war against :4link:, especially when using Speed Thunder because at that point Link can walk through every level of charge and Bombs will beat everything save for Thoron.

Like it or not I'd recommend mixing projectiles with coming in (a little) against :4link:, Link's disjoints handle Robin's up-close options decently well, but at the same time each of his tilts are a commitment, so patience and powershields will allow you to deal with Link's tilts when you come in.

I recommend coming in because again, if you try to play the spam war with :4link: as :4robinm: you are probably going to lose, I can keep Robin in his shield at the end of the stage all day with Boomerang + double Bomb pressure + Arrows. Running away from Link the entire match for this MU especially will not bode incredibly well for you.

The shield pressure alone is why you cannot try a spam war with Link, the Bomb/Boomerang pressure already keeps you in your shield a good deal if you keep trying to challenge them, so at that point all it takes is an Ftilt or two and then a D-Smash before your shield is gone. There were quite a few times where I was probably 1 attack away from breaking your shield.

Offstage, don't always try for the Elwind hand spike when I'm Zairing back to the ledge, I honestly don't recall that connecting even once, and then the helpless state you're left in gives me all day to punish it.

:4falco: :

You have the same issues with becoming a little too campy when down a stock here as well.

IMO you rely a bit too much on his Jab. There were times when you did Jab Lock, but aside from the Jab damage itself you never really cancelled it into anything.

Also be very careful with the S-B back onto the stage, that's just asking for a punish.

You made good attempts going offstage, but the options became a little predictable, it is quite unlikely that you'll actually be able to connect with a DJ -> Rising Dair, for instance.

Also try not to do so much offensively, you clearly know some strings with Falco but if those miss you're left wide open and I'll just feed you a tilt, Dash Attack, or Smash Attack for your troubles. So don't play quite so aggressively.

I didn't play enough of your Bowser to really have any comments aside from not relying on Dair, which I think you did a few times, because that's a free punish, but I can't remember too well.

That's all for now.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

I prefer Zero's method.

But if you don't want to be Zero's friend well... we can always use this method.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
It's always satisfying to catch a Legendary Pokemon with just a Pokeball or a Premier Ball.

Particularly if it's your favorite Legendary Pokemon.

Now if only I can get the right nature for Regice...I like having Modest for offense, but something like Bold or Relaxed works just as well.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I still have my original Giratina caught in a Quick Ball because my younger self was all "WHAT IS THAT THING CATCH IT".

And while it's tucked away in Pokemon Bank, I caught Zygarde with a Poke Ball.

:cheep:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
So I have two challenges left to complete, one of them is collecting all the hats. I tally up the total and I'm only missing one more hat.

Which is annoying because I got done with a round of Crazy Orders where in my prize pool it said I unlocked two new hats. The two "New" hats were both the same hat :glare:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Spongebob will always be relevant.
This is officially my new favorite thing.
<--------------------

At risk of looking like an attention hog:

View attachment 56203
weird it's my birthday too

Partay!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY YO!

Oh................... OOOOH!...................... oooooh ♥♥!

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
2v2's in shooters are amazing.

See: the Halo series.

-----------------

@ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222 ,

My critique from yesterday:

Solid stuff overall, but there are a couple key things to note.

In general, you tend to get too campy for your own good, especially when you're down a stock.

In that vein you also give up stage control too easily, a lot of the time I could just force you to the edge of the stage if I wanted to.

You also get grabby here and there, which isn't awful, but it becomes predictable and can get you punished.

In terms of specific character play:

:4robinm: :
You certainly know some character tech, but you tend to leave yourself open, I would recommend a little less use of Jab, the Elwind jab often caught my shield, that or as :4link: I could SDI out pretty well. And I'm pretty sure that at low or mid percent :4ganondorf: can DI Jab 2 down and then shield the Arcfire jab before it comes out, so be careful using that a lot.

I've said it to everyone else and I'll say it again, it is very unlikely that Robin will win a spam war against :4link:, especially when using Speed Thunder because at that point Link can walk through every level of charge and Bombs will beat everything save for Thoron.

Like it or not I'd recommend mixing projectiles with coming in (a little) against :4link:, Link's disjoints handle Robin's up-close options decently well, but at the same time each of his tilts are a commitment, so patience and powershields will allow you to deal with Link's tilts when you come in.

I recommend coming in because again, if you try to play the spam war with :4link: as :4robinm: you are probably going to lose, I can keep Robin in his shield at the end of the stage all day with Boomerang + double Bomb pressure + Arrows. Running away from Link the entire match for this MU especially will not bode incredibly well for you.

The shield pressure alone is why you cannot try a spam war with Link, the Bomb/Boomerang pressure already keeps you in your shield a good deal if you keep trying to challenge them, so at that point all it takes is an Ftilt or two and then a D-Smash before your shield is gone. There were quite a few times where I was probably 1 attack away from breaking your shield.

Offstage, don't always try for the Elwind hand spike when I'm Zairing back to the ledge, I honestly don't recall that connecting even once, and then the helpless state you're left in gives me all day to punish it.

:4falco: :

You have the same issues with becoming a little too campy when down a stock here as well.

IMO you rely a bit too much on his Jab. There were times when you did Jab Lock, but aside from the Jab damage itself you never really cancelled it into anything.

Also be very careful with the S-B back onto the stage, that's just asking for a punish.

You made good attempts going offstage, but the options became a little predictable, it is quite unlikely that you'll actually be able to connect with a DJ -> Rising Dair, for instance.

Also try not to do so much offensively, you clearly know some strings with Falco but if those miss you're left wide open and I'll just feed you a tilt, Dash Attack, or Smash Attack for your troubles. So don't play quite so aggressively.

I didn't play enough of your Bowser to really have any comments aside from not relying on Dair, which I think you did a few times, because that's a free punish, but I can't remember too well.

That's all for now.
Thanks for the info and that was the first time fought a competent Link as Robin cause in my experience I'm using Marcina when I play a Link. Nice to know that Link can annoy the crap outta Robin and forces me to constantly think in the projectile war but that is a MU i would have to grind a bit and look at his ranges on his buttons and what no so I know what can i whiff punish reliably and might have to start saving Elthunders and Thorons for that purpose and like you said go in against him. As for Falco stuff his jab is really good and is frame 2 so he can outbutton people in some jab situations with alot of his other up close tools such as f tilt and d tilt. Alot of those DJ rising dair was to read your aerial wizard drop kick and slam you into the abyss cause I guess wrong and whiff or i get dropkicked. Because of that I try to go for Fair instead and that worked a little better but I still get dropkicked in the beak and because of Falco's poor airspeed and disadvantage state it's tricky at times especially people are below me and Falco gets juggled.

Outside of that likewise and I would like to grind some matches with you again.

Nah

Smash Champion
Fffffffff

Max HP IV, max Sp. Def IV, 29 SpA IV.

Hasty nature.

*soft reset*
You're probably gonna be soft-resetting for quite a while unfortunately =(

When I was trying to catch a Zekrom in a Luxury Ball on ORAS months ago it took me days to get one with the nature I wanted and decent IVs. Are you leading with a Synchronize Pokemon though?

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
Smash 4 definitely has one of the best casts of any fighting game. So many characters I want to play as, so little time!
I don't really like the Smash 4 Roster until customs are turned on, everyone is just fun with them on for me, its incredible

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I don't really like the Smash 4 Roster until customs are turned on, everyone is just fun with them on for me, its incredible
I agree. And when people argue for customs the biggest argument I hear is that it adds depth to the game or it balances the cast out more.

But I think more than any of that the best thing about it is it alowss you to be more expressive with your gamleplay. If you want to play a zoning, defensive or hyper aggressive game with a character that doesn't readily leand itself to that, the customs assist you in achieving this. Its incredible.

D

Deleted member

I'm starting to get quite mad. I ordered a Japanese Robin amiibo off eBay about a month ago and it STILL hasn't come. The estimated delivery is June 1 to June 16 but the 16th keeps inching closer and I'm convinced I'm not getting it. Everyone else who ordered from that seller got their amiibo but not me. I think I got scammed personally and I'm not too happy.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
I'm starting to get quite mad. I ordered a Japanese Robin amiibo off eBay about a month ago and it STILL hasn't come. The estimated delivery is June 1 to June 16 but the 16th keeps inching closer and I'm convinced I'm not getting it. Everyone else who ordered from that seller got their amiibo but not me. I think I got scammed personally and I'm not too happy.
oO If everyone else who ordered from that same seller got the amiibo, I see no reason why you didn't get yours.
Maybe yours got stuck at customs? I didn't buy my Robin from eBay, but he was stuck at customs for one whole month.
Either way, if you feel uneasy, maybe you should contact the seller.

D

Deleted member

oO If everyone else who ordered from that same seller got the amiibo, I see no reason why you didn't get yours.
Maybe yours got stuck at customs? I didn't buy my Robin from eBay, but he was stuck at customs for one whole month.
Either way, if you feel uneasy, maybe you should contact the seller.
What does it mean being stuck at customs? And I contacted him last night but he never responded.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
What does it mean being stuck at customs? And I contacted him last night but he never responded.
Dunno about your country, but in mine, before an imported object is sent to you when it reaches the inward office, it goes to customs, normally to be import taxed.
Of course, they normally take a long ass time to actually inspect your import and tax it, so it can get 'stuck' there until it's done.

Welp, try contacting again, I guess. If by 16th you don't have your amiibo, maybe you should try contacting eBay. Did you pay it via PayPal? If so, it's easier to get a refund.

Last edited:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I just had an interesting revelation.

To our amiibos, we are Master/Crazy Hand.

Like back in 64 when he snapped his fingers and the dolls came to life. We now put their trophies on the Gamepad and they come to life.

3236892.jpg

(I'm most likely over thinking this, but this thought just came in my head as I was playing.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Dunno about your country, but in mine, before an imported object is sent to you when it reaches the inward office, it goes to customs, normally to be import taxed.
Of course, they normally take a long *** time to actually inspect your import and tax it, so it can get 'stuck' there until it's done.
I live in the US. I know someone who lives one state below me, ordered a Lucina amiibo from the same vendor I ordered my Robin (I think we ordered ours the same day) and he got his Lucina on Monday. It's Friday and still no sign of my Robin.
I'm just hoping it's stuck and not actually lost or something. There's no tracking number so there's no way to find out for sure.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I agree. And when people argue for customs the biggest argument I hear is that it adds depth to the game or it balances the cast out more.

But I think more than any of that the best thing about it is it alowss you to be more expressive with your gamleplay. If you want to play a zoning, defensive or hyper aggressive game with a character that doesn't readily leand itself to that, the customs assist you in achieving this. Its incredible.
I definitely agree! Although I still enjoy the roster even without customs, they just provide so much variety and uniqueness!
I just had an interesting revelation.

To our amiibos, we are Master/Crazy Hand.

Like back in 64 when he snapped his fingers and the dolls came to life. We now put their trophies on the Gamepad and they come to life.

View attachment 56276

(I'm most likely over thinking this, but this thought just came in m head as I was playing.)
Mind is equal to or greater than BLOWN!

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Leave this here. Hopefully I have spare money for when this goes down.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/ninten...onth-of-production-north-america#.VXs3aflVikp
Here's hoping we can actually get amiibo's in stores without having to deal with crazy preorder shenanigans.
I called mine LEFLET after how amazon used to list the Robin amiibo.
That's nothing compared to how badly they screwed up the Build Burning Gundam's description.
It reflects the "Jigged Hash Keno style of fighting employed by Esaki Amici!"
What it should say - the Jigen Haō-ryū Kempō style of fighting employed by Kamiki Sekai.

Thank you based Amazon translators.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've been playing Hyrule Warriors today.

The game is pretty good so far, but it is pretty damn repetitive. I noticed that when I was getting Heart Pieces and Containers that I missed, I was using the same attacks over and over again... my mind was on auto-pilot.
Still, it's pretty fun all things considered. I have no intentions on completing it.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I mean, it's a Musou game. Repetitive is what you signed up for.

It's significantly LESS repetitive than main-series Musou, though.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Hyrule Warriors is best suited for quick adrenaline rushes to pass a chunk of time away. You have an objective, you have defeat conditions, and you clear the level fast. Short, sweet, and simple.

It's the reason why I have this as my Wii U game for the summer instead of Smash 4 or something. The other games either take to long, or in Smash's case, demand a level of precision that compels you to keep playing again until you get it right. Hyrule Warrios, I don't have such an issue, I can swap between that and summer classes with ease without distraction.

That said, I still find time for Smash once in a while. I'm going to a tournament in Tulsa tomorrow. This one will help set up Oklahoma's PR rankings, so I gotta go to this one. Gotta secure that Top 3 spot. =P

Last edited:

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule Warriors is a pretty solid Grinding game, a nice one for podcasts and killing time. One of the best Musou games in awhile in my opinion (though if you're interested in any other title, just go with the Samurai Warriors series because it has a better implemented Tactical element to that series). Though thinking about KT in general makes me a sad duck in regards to Ninja Gaiden.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So I heard @Wintropic Kitten has a new username. BEHOLD, YUKINO AND HACHIMAN'S CAT, KAMAKURA!

Also, I wish we could customize Kamui's whatever class's outfit a bit... The no shoes thing and form-fitting outfit's not for me compared to Robin's coat of strategy.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Musou games are pretty much hack and slash games where most of the enemies stand around you and go "WE'LL JUST STAND HERE SO YOU CAN GIVE US MAJOR ASS WHOOPIN'". Usually the toughest enemies are the boss characters. I can understand playing it in short bursts, but still.

I may give Hyrule Warriors a shot sometime, but it's not on my list of Wii U games that I'd play right now.

Top Bottom