• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

SpeedBump

Smash Rookie
NNID
XSpeedBumpX
I'd agree with what @The_Cardinal said. Keep playing with both and see who you work the best with. And don't feel bad about having multiple "mains." I like to play with a bunch of characters, which is probably why I'm so garbage.
Ditto. :p I love to play Robin, but then I start playing other characters I want to learn, also. Between him, Dedede, Fox, RosaLuma...yeah, I can relate.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So I play Robin as a "secondary", by which I mean I'm always too scared to pull her out ACTUALLY in tourney...

But at the last weekly, I decided, "screw it, I'm pulling her out first every match today".

I got 9th of 32. On par of what I usually get or better with Duck Hunt. This leaves with an odd feeling. Now I want to main Robin because she finishes stocks way better than doggy does, and I'm still having fun. But at the same time, I want to advance both their metas in my region. I'm 1 of 2 Duck Hunt (even though the other Doggy plays more Diddy than anything else), 1 of 2 or 3 Robins in my area.

What do I do?! I really hope they fix Doggy's smashes in the next patch so I can finish stocks faster, but I love them both so much, I can't choose between them. T~T
Just play both for a bit and later ask people who they think is better: your duck hunt or your Robin.
^
This. Try playing 5 characters seriously in tourney and working slowly on a 6. Don't be like me and my craziness just play both if you enjoy both hard body.

Last edited:

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
For competitive play, I stick with :4ness: and :4robinm:, maybe :4lucas: if I manage to snag him when he comes out honestly, not likely.
I do play other characters, such as :4littlemac:, :4samus: and :4megaman: for fun, though.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Hey @ Moydow Moydow ,

I was looking at the FE wiki, and there's no information about Ike, Marth, Lucina and Robin appearing in If via amiibos. Are you waiting for some English sources?

Just thought I'd bring that up. I was kinda sad not seeing it. Don't know why.

Maybe because it's the only 4 characters I can really get behind at this point as playable units since I know they'll be with me regardless of which side I choose...

Last edited:

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
I only play Marth/Lucina and Robin with the intentions of winning. I can't do anymore than that.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Hey @ Moydow Moydow ,

I was looking at the FE wiki, and there's no information about Ike, Marth, Lucina and Robin appearing in If via amiibos. Are you waiting for some English sources?
Nah, the Famitsu articles or whatever it was would be enough to add it. Mostly just that nobody bothered to add it yet. Might do it myself tomorrow.

honestly the whole FE14 article is a bit of a mess right now - pretty much just a big info dump. Once the game is out, it'll be undergoing a massive overhaul.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I really hope that the Robin amiibo will let you import an Avatar from Awakening (appearance, name, gender, stat bonus/penalty, even relation to Lucina if the amiibo units can support each other etc.). Probably wishful thinking though. At best, it'll probably let us choose between the generic male and generic female version.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNA OUR FAVOURITE MERCHANT :happysheep:

Speaking of Anna, I think I discovered where all the Robin Amiibos have gone

And she sold them all the Tharja :cheep:

No more tears over broken circle pads, only Spongebob.

This meme is so inaccurate (sort of).

See for questions like this I turn to my good friend Wallet. Wallet's got a lot of answers.

Yo Wallet, who we gettin?

View attachment 56058

What's that, Wallet? "Get em both, and the third path?"

Hey, I like that answer. Thanks, Wallet.
Why not get the fourth version?

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
@ the king of murder the king of murder GGs man. 4-1.

I will write you some tips later.

But I will tell you this, you drop your defense for and trade it for attacks that pretty much I can see coming. Honestly my smash skills are low at the moment so I could not really play my best.

D

Deleted member

@ Gamegenie222 Gamegenie222

I'm opening a room.

Oh the difference a better MU makes when playing Smash.

Oh the difference it makes.~

Last edited by a moderator:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
I might play a round or a few of Smash with anyone after I play a few rounds of Splatoon.

Gonna see how far I can keep a winning streak going.

inb4 I lose my next match because of this^

D

Deleted member

Well that happened.

I wasn't paying attention and I didn't expect the thread to die for 15 minutes.

Also LOL that no one posts until the Double Post happened, and both were to call out the Double Post.

lolk.

Last edited by a moderator:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I haven't had as much to say recently.

Hasn't stopped my posting, but it's hurting my quality some.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
It's funny, but as I was leveling up to level 10 I was almost scared to get into Ranked Matches on Splatoon.

Now I'm having way more of a blast in Ranked ever since I've gotten a handle on things. Don't you just love it when you throw a bomb randomly into enemy territory and you end up getting a splat of it. That just happened on my most recent Ranked fight and it gave me the extra splat needed to have most splats on my team.

Top Bottom