• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Anyone wanna play some Smash?

Also, happy birthday Anna ^_^, and rest in peace Christopher Lee. ;_;

Last edited:

TheWerdna

Smash Lord
Sir Christopher Lee has passed away at 93.
Which I assume we are all going to take as code for him "returning to his coffin to sleep for 100 years to regain his power"

Yes, I am implying Christopher Lee is actually a vampire. It makes too much sense for it to be otherwise.

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
I am practicing perfect pivots on my 3ds right now and this is how I feel

Seriously, if you want to practice ATs, do it on the Wii U if you have one because the 3ds will murder your hands harder than any smash character can. I really wish you could at least play the GC controller for the 3ds because this is not the only thing that causes me pain.

Oh and Happy Birthday to our favourite shopkeeper.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
@ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal good games, seems there's a bunch I still have to learn with Robin. You're definitely one of the toughest members I've faced on the boards.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Happy birthday to the favorite red headed business woman and all of her siblings and my 3rd favorite red headed woman in the FE series.

I am practicing perfect pivots on my 3ds right now and this is how I feel

Seriously, if you want to practice ATs, do it on the Wii U if you have one because the 3ds will murder your hands harder than any smash character can. I really wish you could at least play the GC controller for the 3ds because this is not the only thing that causes me pain.

Oh and Happy Birthday to our favourite shopkeeper.
Don't bother unless you wanna kill your circle pad. Too bad i can't used Circle pad pro for the game :( .

D

Deleted member

I hate playing Smash on the 3DS. My fingers hurt after just a few matches.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
@ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal good games, seems there's a bunch I still have to learn with Robin. You're definitely one of the toughest members I've faced on the boards.
Thanks! I like to think part of that has to do with the fact that I got bodied by @Raziek for a full hour and have been slowly trying to implement his critiques into my gameplay (still gotta work on trumping though). Your Robin's pretty good also and I noticed that you were making adjustments along the way, which were great. A few things.

1) You kind of press a lot of buttons and I was able to punish as a result.
2) I think you should try to bait your opponents more. I was able to close off the stock a few times by baiting your airdodge into a Levin Uair.
3) You did change your custom by the end of the match but don't use firewall in the ditto. You didn't get much mileage out of it.
4) Arcthunder can be pretty hard to use in the ditto since it often just collides with another projectile and detonates harmlessly in midair. So stick with Elthunder and Thoron and if you're using Speed thunder, regular thunder is surprisingly good as well (was able to detonate a lot of your arcthunder with thunder and apply pressure with thunder)

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Hey now, murdering is my job not the 3ds one. Unless you want to talk about broken circle pads. I know there are some people here who could qualify as "king of murder" if that's the case.:happysheep:
H-Hey!
It wasn't my intention to break the damn thing twice! and a third yesterday GG

Welp, I'm getting better at 'glueing' the thing back into the console, as a good note.

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
H-Hey!
It wasn't my intention to break the damn thing twice! and a third yesterday GG

Welp, I'm getting better at 'glueing' the thing back into the console, as a good note.
3 times?

I think I will need to humbly bow down to you and change my username because I am not worthy of my title if such an adversary exist.

I'm still sitting here if anyone else would like to play.
I presume Wii U only?

D

Deleted member

3 times?

I think I will need to humbly bow down to you and change my username because I am not worthy of my title if such an adversary exist.

I presume Wii U only?
I can play 3DS.

It won't really affect me because I use 3DS controls on the Gamepad.

Also I've hit this man I'm playing in FG with Warlock Punch 4 times now.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

If that is the case, prepare to get your daily dose of disrespect because I have added you.:4ganondorf::4myfriends:
K let me just play a few more Wii U matches here.

Go ahead and make the room and whatnot.

Also I'm pretty sure I don't have WDK on 3DS, so that's fun.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
3 times?

:nervous:
It's not my fault, I swear.
Ever since it broke for the first time, the circle pad been a bit more...frail than usual, so any brusque moviment can break it again.
Hopefully I'm getting better at puting it back.

gg.

D

Deleted member

@ the king of murder the king of murder

I'm going to do a couple Smash Runs with Dorf real quick to see if I can't get WDK and Dark Fists, and then I'll be ready to play, is that alright?

EDIT: NVM ^^^

D

Deleted member

That is really sad on his part
The best part was they were all Short Hop Reverse Warlock Punches,

So they were FREEEEEEEEE STOCKS.

(SH Reverse Warlock Punch OHKO's basically the whole cast if you didn't know, Warlock Punch does more damage in the air and reversed).

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
So I play Robin as a "secondary", by which I mean I'm always too scared to pull her out ACTUALLY in tourney...

But at the last weekly, I decided, "screw it, I'm pulling her out first every match today".

I got 9th of 32. On par of what I usually get or better with Duck Hunt. This leaves with an odd feeling. Now I want to main Robin because she finishes stocks way better than doggy does, and I'm still having fun. But at the same time, I want to advance both their metas in my region. I'm 1 of 2 Duck Hunt (even though the other Doggy plays more Diddy than anything else), 1 of 2 or 3 Robins in my area.

What do I do?! I really hope they fix Doggy's smashes in the next patch so I can finish stocks faster, but I love them both so much, I can't choose between them. T~T

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
So I play Robin as a "secondary", by which I mean I'm always too scared to pull her out ACTUALLY in tourney...

But at the last weekly, I decided, "screw it, I'm pulling her out first every match today".

I got 9th of 32. On par of what I usually get or better with Duck Hunt. This leaves with an odd feeling. Now I want to main Robin because she finishes stocks way better than doggy does, and I'm still having fun. But at the same time, I want to advance both their metas in my region. I'm 1 of 2 Duck Hunt (even though the other Doggy plays more Diddy than anything else), 1 of 2 or 3 Robins in my area.

What do I do?! I really hope they fix Doggy's smashes in the next patch so I can finish stocks faster, but I love them both so much, I can't choose between them. T~T
Just play both for a bit and later ask people who they think is better: your duck hunt or your Robin.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

I'd agree with what @ The_Cardinal The_Cardinal said. Keep playing with both and see who you work the best with. And don't feel bad about having multiple "mains." I like to play with a bunch of characters, which is probably why I'm so garbage.

Top Bottom