• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

SpeedBump

Smash Rookie
NNID
XSpeedBumpX
Wallet always knows best, mine told me to buy every amiibo.
Ah yes, amiibo have that effect. Thankfully I stopped myself from becoming consumed in the rush for them. I've bought the ones I want (which is, uh, a decent amount anyways :p) but thankfully that hasn't involved hunting for types like Villager or Wii Fit Trainer...

Edit: And this is your first post on Smashboards, yes? Welcome to the forums. I'm pretty new myself but welcome to the Robin boards. People around here are pretty friendly, so have a good time. :)

Last edited:

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu
Ah yes, amiibo have that effect. Thankfully I stopped myself from becoming consumed in the rush for them. I've bought the ones I want (which is, uh, a decent amount anyways :p) but thankfully that hasn't involved hunting for types like Villager or Wii Fit Trainer...

Edit: And this is your first post on Smashboards, yes? Welcome to the forums. I'm pretty new myself but welcome to the Robin boards. People around here are pretty friendly, so have a good time. :)
Thanks! :bee:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
re: 3DS Splatoon

I see it as possible. The DS has had its fair share of 3D shooters, first person or otherwise, and there's a level of consistency between them control-wise. Splatoon, being a third person shooter, would have to be reworked to fit a portable, but it can work.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
re: 3DS Splatoon

I see it as possible. The DS has had its fair share of 3D shooters, first person or otherwise, and there's a level of consistency between them control-wise. Splatoon, being a third person shooter, would have to be reworked to fit a portable, but it can work.
An associate at work discussed the matter with me further, and I'm forced to conclude that it may be possible.

If it were attempted, however, I'd probably have to recommend either allowing custom-mapped controls, or at minimum remapping the primary fire button to A and the special weapon button to B (or vice versa). Both buttons are currently unused and this solves two major hurdles: first, the inconvenience of the shoulder buttons to fire the main weapon, and second, the loss of the ability to actuate the right stick.

The Nintendo Nipple is also another potential concern, but frankly it's proved its aptitude as a camera stick so far, at least based on my experiences in games like MM3D. I wouldn't expect it to be as accurate overall as the gamepad's right stick, but it could be a half-decent substitute.

Gyro controls would be either amazing or abysmal. I don't know which.

I'm still not for the port per se, but...well. There are workarounds. That's all I got.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
http://smashboards.com/threads/character-competitive-impressions.367669/page-700#post-19321282

tbh I wouldn't be taking any tier lists seriously this early in the metagame
Ew.

I don't even know where to begin...

I agree that Sheik and Rosalina, in that order, are the two best characters in the game, and that they have their own tier.

But then everything falls apart.

I would argue that Diddy, while nerfed badly, is not fifth by any stretch of the imagination, and could potentially be third best in the game still. There's a reason that ZeRo still uses him; do not underestimate the character just because he's not SS tier anymore. After that, I don't think that Luigi and Pikachu are better than Sonic or ZSS, and would actually have those ones switch places. Yes, they are good, but I'd argue that their placings are exaggerated because of S@X's talented Luigi and Pikachu players getting the spotlight every week rather than the characters actually being A+ tier.

Villager is waaaayyy too low, and I have no idea why, since he gets plenty of tournament use and plenty of people have shown us his tools and how they can be used. He should be right after ZSS, imo. Seriously, I don't know why he's down so low. Have they never seen Ranai? Remember?

I'd put Ness over Yoshi, and then put every other character in a lower tier.

I don't know if Mii Brawler is custom or not. If it is, then I'd put it up with ZSS. If not, then I'd say it's about where Ness and Yoshi are, since even 1111 has great combos and has good kill power.

I'm not even going to try nitpicking the lower tiers, because we do not know them yet. But I'd say the tier list is actually more like this for the higher tiers:

S: :4sheik::rosalina:
A+: :4diddy::4sonic::4zss::4villager::4miibrawl:(Custom)
A: :4luigi::4pikachu::4ness::4yoshi::4miibrawl:(1111)

Potentially with a split between ZSS and Villager to create another tier, bringing the A tier to A-.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I know. If I had it my way, the Mii Fighters and Palutena would have all custom moves available to them at all times.

Or at least 2222 and 3333.
same here but i will say 1111/Apex Brawler is the worst of the Apex/1111 Miis he may be somewhat mobile but he kills in Duck hunt percents :/

Milo AKA Papa

Activating Combat Mode
Switch FC
SW-4274-2684-5210
>doesn't log in for one day
>logs in
>checks thread
>sees that almost 11 pages are added

Whoops, must have walked in on the zelda social by accident :']

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Today is Anna's AKA The Swag Goddess's birthday!

That's all for now.
Happy Birthday to gaming's greatest merchant!

Hey! I got Hyrule Warriors yesterday! :D
I dunno if I will play it yet... I feel so damn sick from a cold. :(

LOL
:4falcon:YES!!!!!!:4falcon:
(So happy someone got that reference!)

And congrats on picking up Hyrule Warriors!
Sir Christopher Lee has passed away at 93.
Damn. Rest In Peace, Sir Lee. Your acting skills were a marvel to witness.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
The only reason I never got Hyrule Warriors was the absence of Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule as a playable character. Now there's no reason for me to not get the game. :happysheep:

D

Deleted member

So I'm done lifting.

Which means I will quite literally be sitting around my house eating cereal and derping around FG until someone wants to play for the rest of the day.

So people let me know if you'd be up for matches.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So I'm done lifting.

Which means I will quite literally be sitting around my house eating cereal and derping around FG until someone wants to play for the rest of the day.

So people let me know if you'd be up for matches.
Wanna play? :4robinm:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sir Christopher Lee did not die.

He simply won at the game of life faster than we did.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
See for questions like this I turn to my good friend Wallet. Wallet's got a lot of answers.

Yo Wallet, who we gettin?

View attachment 56058

What's that, Wallet? "Get em both, and the third path?"

Hey, I like that answer. Thanks, Wallet.
Getting my sides busted never gets old.

Even wallets aren't safe from the king of the internet. I've seen it all...for now.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

D

Deleted member

@ False Sense False Sense

Don't spam that Elthunder so much,

You staled it to death.

That and you're camping a bit too hard, you tack on all this damage with chip but I just don't care because I still have the stock, you have to come take it from me or I'll keep living, Link will win the chip war eventually.

Two matches ago I nearly came back from a 1-3 stock deficit because you camp a bit too much, hell, had I charged that Fsmash for 1/2 a second longer that game might've been mine.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
@The Soulless One

You really need to stop rolling behind me to try and use kill moves. I was able to consistently punish you for it in that last match.

Top Bottom