• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
More info, in French: https://sites.google.com/site/smashustuff/

Not going to call it either way, but I will say that Roy render looks pretty good. Looks like a mix between his original and Awakening designs.
Hm, if that list is accurate, there's a lot of Ken related songs. I assume him being an alt for Ryu would make a lot of sense, though.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Hm, if that list is accurate, there's a lot of Ken related songs. I assume him being an alt for Ryu would make a lot of sense, though.
Color palettes for Ryu and Roy were already leaked and Ken's not an alt or even a color palette surprisingly. He has a trophy though.

Drakonis

Shining Tactician
NNID
xDrakonisx
3DS FC
4124-4980-4428
Color palettes for Ryu and Roy were already leaked and Ken's not an alt or even a color palette surprisingly. He has a trophy though.
DERP. Yeah, that's even on the same page. Way to overthink stuff.

D

Deleted member

RE: Ryu:

He's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful.

*Faints*

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
i'm hyped as **** for roy. don't care what anyone says. he's fun as hell to play in melee and in project m. the only problem imo is that he has the useless fabric covering his boots. i don't understand why they're there. it just looks ugly.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Roy looks so cool, it's like all of those doubts about him being a clone and whatnot, were being washed away just by looking at his model. :love:

D

Deleted member

Ryu looks pretty cool in my opinion (though, I prefer Wright and Ammy). I actually wanna play as him to see what he's like.
Roy looks cool, but I think that he'll have the same moveset...
I'll buy both characters just so that I can have matchup knowledge really. I am hoping that Roy is different, but apparently he has Critical Hit as his Final Smash. >_>

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Roy's Critical Hit, judging by the trophy, has a circular motion to it, reminiscent of his Durandal animations. So at least there's that.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Roy's Critical Hit, judging by the trophy, has a circular motion to it, reminiscent of his Durandal animations. So at least there's that.
Uh.. I think you meant Sword of Seals there, bud.

Durandal is the signature divine weapon of Roy's father, Eliwood.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Uh.. I think you meant Sword of Seals there, bud.

Durandal is the signature divine weapon of Roy's father, Eliwood.
Ah. I assumed Sword of Seals was an upgraded Durandal, or the sword's true name. Didn't know it was a different sword altogether.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
But there's no Guile's Theme

OST Rating = 0/10 would not listen again
is there really no guile's theme? there's a ken's theme that also sounds great, but i'm honestly appalled that there's not guile's theme. like, that seems like an essential.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood

Roy just looks so beautiful i need to breaTHE
I've got some time today if @Wintropy @ SkarmNightmare (Brett) SkarmNightmare (Brett) @Papero @ Matsushi Matsushi or others who expressed interest in training wish to take me up on it.

Getting home soon, should be around for the remainder of the day.
Oh snap, I just saw this. Curse Smashboards for not alerting me, even when I'm tagged. I can play whenever you'd like since I do have some free time on my hands up until Tuesday.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I'm not even a big Street Fighter fan and I'm excited for Ryu now.
And I figured it be Roy's Melee move-set just like Dr. Mario's. His design awesome too. I was having a hard time figuring out what design they went with, but it seems like a mix of both his Binding Blade and Awakening appearance.

Unfortunate both were leaked...

That Ryu theme is amazing! I'm secretly hoping for Cody's theme.

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
Now... Where exacly will be put the Direct? I want to view the hype trailer.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
EDIT: Speaking of leaks, HOLY ****, we might be getting a Platinum-made Transformers game!

Transformers by PLATINUM?!!!!? TAKE ALL OF MY MONEY NOW!!!!!
I like Roy's design. It feels like they mashed both his original and Awakening designs together to me for some reason. That or they just gave him an updated appearance. His animations also look pretty cool too, so even if he's at least a semi-clone of Marth, at least his moves look somewhat different.

And Ryu looks fantastic. The paused part appears to be on a stage that we have yet to see in Sm4sh, so maybe that's a new stage based on Street Fighter?

EDIT: OH BOY WAS I ****ING RIGHT:

Roy's design looks pretty bad*ss, I really like what they did with it! And it's nice to see that it looks like he won't be a total clone of Marth (looks like he might have gotten the Mario/Luigi treatment). In any case, I'm stoked.

Dat Street Fighter stage is GORGEOUS!

These pictures are too dang good.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Hot-diggity damn! He actually looks like his FE incarnation!

Unlike that other abomination...

Stupid Melee fanbois... probably never even played a Fire Emblem game...

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I really want Roy's reveal trailer to have all the Fire Emblem characters plus :4roy: fighting together and then Roy shows up, beats up :4roy: and then the usual montage after every reveal trailer.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I like Roy's redesign. It's a fusion of his Awakening redesign and hks old design.

Now Ryu looks incredible

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
As expected this place is having a glorious melt down and everyone is org-er, "enjoying" HD Roy. Especially Matsushi.

All I know is that he looks much better than he sounds that's for sure.
Now to prepare for endless waves of Lucas, Ryu and Roy on 4 Glory and tons of Roy vs.:4roy:jokes...

Top Bottom