• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Damn it, I was already thinking of replacing my Ness secondary with Lucas, and now I have to think about replacing my Marth secondary with Roy! And maybe even my Falcon with Ryu! So many decisions...
Why don't you wait until you actually play as them? :4pacman:

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
I don't really consider anyone a main unless I'm REALLY good with them. Like I have about 5 secondaries but I wouldn't really consider any of them a main as there's no connection, if that makes any sense.

9 characters in Melee though? That's almost the whole roster. :emptysheep:
Though, my avatar to "something else"? I'm... trying to think what that means.
Yep. 9. About 1/3 of the cast.

:zeldamelee::mariomelee::bowsermelee::peachmelee::sheikmelee::foxmelee::samusmelee::linkmelee::marthmelee:

I also liked using: :ganondorfmelee::drmario::mewtwomelee::gawmelee: but they're more for fun more than anything.

You could say I use 1/2 the roster.

By comparison, with maybe the exception of Ryu (gotta play him first) I don't like/use any one in Smash 4 despite having double the characters compared to Melee.

As for the avatar...

I haven't seen anyone with a :4roy2: avatar yet...

Of course it is just a suggestion so don't take it too seriously.

But I won't stop you if you want to though...

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Everyone is expanding their Dong over Roy's looks. Others are wondering how Ryu will play. I'm just sitting here still hoping for snake... Waiting for Wolf...

Matsushi

True Blood
Yep. 9. About 1/3 of the cast.

:zeldamelee::mariomelee::bowsermelee::peachmelee::sheikmelee::foxmelee::samusmelee::linkmelee::marthmelee:

I also liked using: :ganondorfmelee::drmario::mewtwomelee::gawmelee: but they're more for fun more than anything.

You could say I use 1/2 the roster.

By comparison, with maybe the exception of Ryu (gotta play him first) I don't like/use any one in Smash 4 despite having double the characters compared to Melee.

As for the avatar...

I haven't seen anyone with a :4roy2: avatar yet...

Of course it is just a suggestion so don't take it too seriously.

But I won't stop you if you want to though...
Holy damn, that's... a lot of characters. I try to refrain from using too many characters because then I end up losing skill with another.

Hopefully Ryu works out for you then! Judging by the little bits of hismoveset we've seen, he really doesn't appeal to my preferred playstyle. However, there's a possibility then he could become an exception, but only time will tell. Speaking of time, I'm not even sure whether they're going to be released alongside Lucas or if they're gonna have separate releases. Though, I prefer the former, I simply cannot wait for long!

Funny you say that, I had this avatar going for about 10 minutes after finding out about his inclusion, but then I changed over to Robin because... well, I don't think I even need a justification.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Too much hype in one day and it ain't even E3 just yet.

But hory shet this is all too awesome. I kept thinking about all this while at work!

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Speaking of time, I'm not even sure whether they're going to be released alongside Lucas or if they're gonna have separate releases. Though, I prefer the former, I simply cannot wait for long!
The leaker said both of them will be released tomorrow along with Lucas for what that's worth. At the very least, they both seem complete already.

Edit: I too dream for Snake.

Last edited:

Arc_Thunder

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ichuchu
The leaker said both of them will be released tomorrow along with Lucas for what that's worth. At the very least, they both seem complete already.

no please I don't think I can handle all that hype for one day!

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Holy damn, that's... a lot of characters. I try to refrain from using too many characters because then I end up losing skill with another.

Hopefully Ryu works out for you then! Judging by the little bits of hismoveset we've seen, he really doesn't appeal to my preferred playstyle. However, there's a possibility then he could become an exception, but only time will tell. Speaking of time, I'm not even sure whether they're going to be released alongside Lucas or if they're gonna have separate releases. Though, I prefer the former, I simply cannot wait for long!

Funny you say that, I had this avatar going for about 10 minutes after finding out about his inclusion, but then I changed over to Robin because... well, I don't think I even need a justification.

That picture makes "marf" look like :4roy2:

Don't worry, as I write this, fan art of :4roy2: is being made...

It's only a matter of time until it's released to the world...unless it already is...but I'll let everyone else find that out.

Matsushi

True Blood

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, hell yeeeeeeaaaaaaaah. Thanks for the confirmation! What a time to be alive. hahahahah

Snake? Snake!!! SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!! :snake:

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if Roy will be in If now that he's getting an amiibo. Doubtful, but possible
If this means we get a remixed FE6 battle theme for the OST, I'm good. The remixed Shadow Dragon battle theme in If is ridiculously good.

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
yo remember when i said i only play marth and robin when i wanna win?

i ****ing lied.

ROY'S our BOY.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, hell yeeeeeeaaaaaaaah. Thanks for the confirmation! What a time to be alive. hahahahah

Snake? Snake!!! SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!! :snake:
Well, it's technically not a confirmation and it's still possible this information is incorrect, but yeah, we will know soon enough.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Man, you have to feel bad for Sakurai and them to have all this leaked the day before the actual event occurs.

Oh well, I'm still going to watch it to see everything.

The_Cardinal

NNID
CardinalGP
Real talk. I actually don't care for either Roy or Ryu. But everyone infected me with the hype virus and now I am just going along with the flow. I have no regrets.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I'm just sitting here playing Hyrule Warriors.
COME ON, GAME!! JUST GIVE ME A 5 STAR 8 SLOTTED WEAPON FOR LANA'S BOOK!!!

FINALLY!!!!

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Everyone is expanding their Dong over Roy's looks. Others are wondering how Ryu will play. I'm just sitting here still hoping for snake... Waiting for Wolf...
I'm with ya on this.

I'd also like to see Snake back cause he was pretty awesome.

Smash 4 doesn't have enough facial hair anyway.

Tattles

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goldbit
I'm just sitting here playing Hyrule Warriors.
COME ON, GAME!! JUST GIVE ME A 5 STAR 8 SLOTTED WEAPON FOR LANA'S BOOK!!!

FINALLY!!!!
but most importantly, that tome blazes it

JUST LIKE OUR BOY ROY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Matsushi

True Blood
Well, it's technically not a confirmation and it's still possible this information is incorrect, but yeah, we will know soon enough.
Well, thank you nonetheless. xD
Man, you have to feel bad for Sakurai and them to have all this leaked the day before the actual event occurs.

Oh well, I'm still going to watch it to see everything.
I can literally feel how frustrating this must be for the poor man. It's almost the feeling you get when someone finds out what you've got them for Christmas before Christmas.
That picture makes "marf" look like :4roy2:

Don't worry, as I write this, fan art of :4roy2: is being made...

It's only a matter of time until it's released to the world...unless it already is...but I'll let everyone else find that out.
I can't wait to see the beautiful fanarts, hell yes.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I am not spoiling myself any gameplay of either Ryu or Roy.

I wanna see it first in whatever trailer they get.

Matsushi

True Blood
I am not spoiling myself any gameplay of either Ryu or Roy.

I wanna see it first in whatever trailer they get.
The temptation is killing me, but I'm definitely trying to avoid any leaks of gameplay with the two, as much as I'd love to see Roy in action now.

The struggle is real

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

My wallet is ready if this is true.
It's okay, I'm hoping for Snake too

mUCH WOE
"Rolling around at the speed of sound!"

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
My reaction to the whole Ryu and Roy reveal were basically this.

Ryu

Roy

"MY ROY KOOPA JOKES!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Snake is not happening... my hope is all gone... SNAAAAAAAAAKEEEEE

But hopefully Wolf comes back.

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
So um guys...DID YOU SEE THE PERSON PLAYING ROY ON TWITCH??? The stream is down now but he looked absolutely amazing, oh my goodness.
Link in case it comes back up again: http://www.twitch.tv/crediar
A past recording of him playing as Ryu: http://www.twitch.tv/crediar/v/6139915
I'll tell you.
These gameplays look too damn legit for me to be too cautious:awesome:
Ryu looks awesome. And here I thought he being in Smash was a freaking faraway dream, with Sakurai's policy of not adding other fighting's game characters.
Yes, I love Street Fighter to the core, but chose to not comment on the leaks too much not to look like a fangirl. When/if he's oficially revealed I'll be throwing a party, though. Any Ryu fans are invited.:awesome: @The Soulless One

I don't like Roy, as a lot of people here already know, but if it's more power to his fans, then it's alrighty.
and honestly? He looks too fabulous.

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
When I watched the Roy and Ryu videos, I was too shocked to actually think anything. Like, I thought it was all a dream???? But... it wasn't a dream. :4roy:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
The hype is so overwhelming omg. I won't spoil anything for you guys who want to remain spoiler free, but I'll just say Roy seems so much better and much more fun in this game

D

Deleted member

The hype is so overwhelming omg. I won't spoil anything for you guys who want to remain spoiler free, but I'll just say Roy seems so much better and much more fun in this game
If nothing else his new armor design is absolutely amazing.

Hong

The Strongest
Hong Hong is probably flipping considering Roy is her favorite character of all time. :4pacman:(also he has disco pants and Hong is the goddess of the disco room).
When I saw this look, I could only think of one thing:

"I can't wait until the yaoi community sees this."

Top Bottom