• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Elezir

Ultimate Momma :v
Let's just agree to disagree. Most of you people in this forum only know Fire Emblem because of Awakening, and probably haven't played or explored the rest of the series' history. And trust me when I say this, but the fanbase of Fire Emblem has gone from talking about characters, lore, and strategy to which waifu they would like to have sex with in their dreams. So I guess I don't hate Awakening or IF, I just dislike the fanbase that Awakening spawned.
I feel like we already had this kind of discussion here, and you still come with this kind of BS? Wow.
I was introduced to FE via Awakening, and it didn't stop me from playing the older 'pure', as you and other 'true fans' of the game seem to like to think. But I disgress, FE always had convos. FE4 had the exact same 'marriage' system as Awakening, too, and I don't see you complaining about it. The only thing that happened is that FE: A attracted more people, not only because it had the casual mode and was 'easier', but too because Nintendo actually did some marketing for it in the West.
More fans means the focus of their interest in the game will vary (actually, it has always varied, but it becomes more easily to show with more people), and honestly, what's wrong with that? It's a game What's the the problem if there are fans that like the 'dating sim' more than the strategy? they are having fun
You treat it as if it's religion, as if people need to play a damn game for the same reason as you or any other 'older, fan of the pure Fire Emblem'. Actually, how you be sure that some of the older fans didn't play FE over other million SRPG-games before for convos, for example?
Yes, I find the face rubbing weird, but whatever. It most likely won't be mandatory, and I sure as hell won't let one single little thing spoil the game for me. We don't even know how is Eastern vision about this, so stop complaining about nonsense. We don't even know if it'll be on the West version of the game.
Honestly?

"I just dislike the fanbase that Awakening spawned"

I think your prejudice is more ugly and alarming than any face-rubbing-thingy or weird stuff they could come up for any Fire emblem game ever.
Because it shows a problem society have today (and always had), not only with FE or even games, but from something much more deeper.
Which is intolerance.
and yes, I felt offended by that single phrase.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

To be honest, I'm somewhat floored everyone feels so strongly about my avatar, haha.

I changed it back because @Reserved posted on my profile asking me to, and now everyone is throwing a party over it coming back?

Do you guys like it that much, or are you just so used to that being my identity, or what? >.>

I am both flattered and confused, especially since I made said avatar myself.
I think it's just become very iconic. It's like your logo, it just screams "RAZIEK IN DA HOUSE!" (that might just be me)
If people could ignore mods I would be talking to myself all the time, ha ha. :estatic:
I'd still talk to you...........

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I feel like we already had this kind of discussion here, and you still come with this kind of BS? Wow.
Be at peace, Lady Elezir. The conflict is finished. We must not perpetuate it with fury, however righteous.

I agree with your viewpoint, however, especially anger at the undertones of intolerance.

Last edited:

Elezir

Be at peace, Lady Elezir. The conflict is finished. We must not perpetuate it with fury, however righteous.

I agree with your viewpoint, however, especially anger at the undertones of intolerance.
Yeah, seems like stuff went too quickly while I was typing. Reading stuff for college and answering stuff at the same time in forums can do that:roll: I just had to reply that, though.
I'm not really 'angered', per se. I have come to expect that from some people, particulary when on internet. More like disappointed at our 'vets', particulary when I have to read that in this thread in particular, I suppose.

Funnily enough, what I'm reading now has something to do with what was going on there, too.

What did I miss?
Nah, stuff :roll:
Just some people that don't like the changes in the new FE and have the need to outright diss at it here.

Now, I'm ok with discussions, but it just seem pointless when the other party just dismiss what you said and go with 'The problem is you' answer.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Yeah, seems like stuff went too quickly while I was typing. Reading stuff for college and answering stuff at the same time in forums can do that:roll: I just had to reply that, though.
I'm not really 'angered', per se. I have come to expect that from some people, particulary when on internet. More like disappointed at our 'vets', particulary when I have to read that in this thread in particular, I suppose.

Funnily enough, what I'm reading now has something to do with what was going on there, too.

Nah, stuff :roll:
Just some people that don't like the changes in the new FE and have the need to outright diss at it here.

Now, I'm ok with discussions, but it just seem pointless when the other party just dismiss what you said and go with 'The problem is you' answer.
I think it would be cool if they added more than just FE amiibo to the army. I would kill everyone in line for FE IF "IF" (see what I did there?) They put Link on there.

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Be at peace (insert name). The conflict is finished. We must not perpetuate it with fury, however righteous.
I'm gonna steal this line one day.

And when someone asks me where I got this quote from, I am going to say "from a Pikachu."

Elezir

I think it would be cool if they added more than just FE amiibo to the army. I would kill everyone in line for FE IF "IF" (see what I did there?) They put Link on there.
I could see that happening.
And the Zelda characters wouldn't look out-of-place or weird at all in FE: if. It wouldn't be too difficult even deciding their classes, either, though I'm sure if something like that ever happened, they would create unique classes for them.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
8 Player Smash is perfect for hardcore Amiibo collectors, at least. :p
I am guilty of this. :estatic:

I pit my amiibos against each other in a free for all/teams/or whatever and see who comes out on top.

The top 3 right now are
:4pikachu:
:4falcon:
:4myfriends:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I'm just really, really psyched that the FE Amiibo guys have dialogue. If they got at least one support too, I would be ecstatic.

Of course, that'd mean I'd have to sell my kidneys to get the Amiibo, though...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
How do you make your Name a different color?
Get pranked by a Premium member, or buy Premium. The former changes names to pink, the latter to light blue.

Recruiting Ganondorf, Mega Man and Captain Falcon in Fire Emblem = Eternal happiness.
EDIT: Especially Ganondorf, that would be so RAD.
It'd be fun to slay Garon with Ganon. :troll:

I pit my amiibos against each other in a free for all/teams/or whatever and see who comes out on top.

The top 3 right now are
I'm going to use my Amiibos in team play for whenever my brother's on. It'll be fun.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I could see that happening.
And the Zelda characters wouldn't look out-of-place or weird at all in FE: if. It wouldn't be too difficult even deciding their classes, either, though I'm sure if something like that ever happened, they would create unique classes for them.
Link would definitely fit in the universe. Also, I would love for Captain Falcon to appear in the game.

Elezir

How do you make your Name a different color?
You can't make that:roll:
My name is pink because I was Pranked by someone still want to know who.
Blue names are for people who bought Premium account
Red are for Mods, and so on.
So, you can't changes the name's color out of your will and to any color you want to.

Last edited:

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
Ganon in FE? All my yes. That dark armor he has would be a perfect fit for Nohr too. All my mains(Ike,Robin,Ganon) would be in my army destroying everything in their path.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Man you folks can go through the pages of a book like a breeze that its hard to keep with this sometimes. And for FE if my castle stuff interesting and i dont have none of the amibos sadly :( . Oh well carry on fellow tactician and other nerdy folks.

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Link would be the captain of my army. Not my unit. And Link would be able to sleep with all his sisters and more. Link could be a sword master class, archer or a paladin. Or even mercenary. One skill would be Triforce of courage.

If Link battles a enemy with higher stats or a bigger level than him, He gains a stat boost or can attack first.

Hong

The Strongest
Link would be the captain of my army. Not my unit. And Link would be able to sleep with all his sisters and more. Link could be a sword master class, archer or a paladin. Or even mercenary. One skill would be Triforce of courage.

If Link battles a enemy with higher stats or a bigger level than him, He gains a stat boost or can attack first.

Tell me more.

Coolpool2

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1048-8836-5328
I think Olimar or Meta Knight would be neat characters. Olimar could summon weak pikmin into the battlefield and Meta Knight could kill people while looking really cool although he wouldn't be able to be a knight class because he's not slow enough. Also, after the initial shock wore off. I'm warming up to the idea of the face touching. I think it's more sweet than anything else. Plus I really want to touch Joker's face.

Last edited:

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Pitty-pat arrived home today, and so my amiibo sits at 8! Still waiting word for either Wave 5 pre-orders or confirmation for my Shulk order.
Edit 2: @ RadiantTactician RadiantTactician and anyone else who plays FFXIV: This contains scenes from the 2.55 quests. You have been warned. If you aren't watching however, and just listening, it'll be fine.

GET HYPE!
Oohh~! I would watch, but I still haven't quite reached the end of the current story.
About to face Leviathan, and will probably do World of Darkness with a couple of buddies either today or tomorrow. Syrcus Tower brought all sorts of feels with the FF III references~! Embarrass

Also building up my armor rating and refine my relic weapon, LV 85 so far~!
Speaking of which, my payment for the Heavensward CE should go through today. Embarrass

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Yeah, seems like stuff went too quickly while I was typing..
Preach.

I've quoted over three pages before just because I got repeatedly distracted and the conversation moved on that far while I was.

I'm gonna steal this line one day.

And when someone asks me where I got this quote from, I am going to say "from a Pikachu."
It would be an honor sir, thank you.

Recruiting Ganondorf, Mega Man and Captain Falcon in Fire Emblem = Eternal happiness.
Yes. Yes.
Yes!_Yes!_M._Bison.gif

The top 3 right now are
I do this for stuff from time to time. Not as much recently, sadly.

There's been no clear victors, though. Everybody seems to win about equally - except Little Mac. Little Mac don't win.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Pitty-pat arrived home today, and so my amiibo sits at 8! Still waiting word for either Wave 5 pre-orders or confirmation for my Shulk order.

Oohh~! I would watch, but I still haven't quite reached the end of the current story.
About to face Leviathan, and will probably do World of Darkness with a couple of buddies either today or tomorrow. Syrcus Tower brought all sorts of feels with the FF III references~! Embarrass

Also building up my armor rating and refine my relic weapon, LV 85 so far~!
Speaking of which, my payment for the Heavensward CE should go through today. Embarrass
Good on you.
As for the song, just open it up in another tab.
Here's the raw link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtuwltmTp9I
Just make sure you're only listening and not watching.

D

Deleted member

You know, they should incorporate more amiibo in FE If. Sure, it would cause IS to use more resources, but how can I argue against OHKOing enemies with Shulk and the Monado, Link and his bow and Master Sword, or even Captain Falcon with his Falcon Punch and Knee of Justice?

I kinda think that it was a missed opportunity.
Still, I am thrilled Robin is returning. I bought a $40 amiibo just for this reason.
I won't be getting it until July or August... a shame.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I, for one, would enjoy Samus in Fire Emblem IF despite how unfitting it is.

Here's this futuristic bounty hunter badass that laughs at your puny arrows and swords and returns the favor with different types of beams and missiles.

:awesome:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Another skill could be Evil's Bane, where Link's attack increases when fighting monster units.

Zelda would be a Sage I imagine. Her skill could be Triforce of Wisdom, where she gets a certain % boost in EXP gained.

Edit*
Thought of another one! Naryu's Love, a skill where Zelda either takes 50% less damage when her health is below half, or she retains 1 HP after taking a hit that would have killed her unless already at 1 HP (Basically Second Chance from Kingdom Hearts).

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master

A Bow Knight than can dismount

Elezir

What's an amiibo? :estatic:
An artifact that is rumored to be created by Nintendo, but people have yet to see such mystic objects.
Nintendo try to illude us by saying the 'Marios' miniatures that you commonly find in stores are amiibos, but I disagree.
There's no mystic aura to them.

Top Bottom