• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I get confused about who's who even in four player games, so eight player Smash is a nightmare for me xP

also power cuts are hell. Especially when they happen on bank holidays, when there's nobody around to do anything about them :/ Electricity has been gone at home for the last seven hours (the local pub recently got WiFi installed, if anyone is wondering how I'm here at all).

Last edited:

Matsushi

True Blood
I still remember vividly the first power cut I had ever experienced and I cried because I assumed the world was "gonna end". I was about 5, casually playing Jak and Daxter 1, and then everything turned to darkness. Though thinking about it now, I think I was more upset that I lost my save data.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Hey Raziek, where's all the Nova Scotia stuff? I wanted to look at previous tourney results, but I can't find anything on smashboards :(

Also, congrats on the degree <3

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Hey Raziek, where's all the Nova Scotia stuff? I wanted to look at previous tourney results, but I can't find anything on smashboards :(

Also, congrats on the degree <3
I am woefully behind on uploading our actual tournament results to Smashboards.

Did you have any specific questions you wanted answered?

D

Deleted member

Now let's put this behind us and lighten the mood with funniness. :estatic:

View attachment 54389
Is this true?

Sorry to assume anything. Just the context and tone of your post seemed to skew towards that position.

Lighten the mood you say? CAN DO!

Well then...
We reached a new low.

...And I need to wait a while before I get Robin...

Yeah, I caved in and I got a Japanese Robin for $41. I hate to do this, but it's not like his prices will improve any time soon.

And his emote is still not on the site. What could be worse.

:231:
Not giving Metal Face his own emote.

Poor Ridley. Guy can't catch a break. Meanwhile Sakurai strokes his invisible goatee menacingly as he adds Dark Pit to the roster. Seriously though Sakurai's Kid Icarus bias is legendary. Over half the enemies in Smash Run are from Uprising. We get it already man! You really like KI:U because you worked on it. Get over yourself. Whew, sorry bout that! Rant concluded.

But srius bzness, give Ridley a chance. Just look at this lovable oaf!

Forget just Kid Icarus.
Kirby was unfortunately shunned by the man as well.
Kirby's Return to Dream Land was a pretty successful game... it got three songs. Not only that, but all of the new Kirby stages were from the Sakurai games...
Kid Icarus bias ticks me off, but as a Kirby fan, this ticks me off even more.
It doesn't help that the new Dream Land stage on the 3DS and The Great Cave Offensive are garbage stages.
(and the fact that I wanted Bandana Dee :()

Am I the only one here who doesn't care much about Ridley (although I do sympathise with his fans)?

*Hides*

I sympathize for the fans, but I could care less about Ridley. Speculation worn me out over the idea of a playable Ridley... I was fatigued by the idea.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You guys have a power rankings yet?
We do, but it's like 3 months out of date. I'll hit you up when I get caught up on updating ****.

The condensed version:

Top 3: Drake, Croi, Raz. Not necessarily in that order, varies frequently.
Other strong players: Lamb, Aedre, Nysyarc, Quote

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I get that clones take very little work to add. I get that it was easier to port over KI assets into Smash. I get that.

... But for a guy who was afraid to add King Dedede and Meta Knight in fear of coming across biased (read: two characters people actually WANTED), I can't help but blame a lack of humility, discipline, and empathy. The whole "clones take no work to add" thing rebukes the argument that they didn't take up any "slots", but it doesn't change the fact that they got special treatment that a number of other characters didn't. Unless you want to make Alph unique, start throwing in quick clones like Mach Rider, and all that stuff, you can't just make random exceptions.

Doesn't help that he, ironicly, calls the fan's childish for criticizing his decision but then does the metaphorical equivalent of plugging his ears and singing "I'm not listening!". Like seriously; that is one of the worst things anyone in the game industry can do, ever. If Sakurai was anyone but Sakurai with his seniority status and legion of drones, swiftly dismissing and insulting your fans would be a complete PR disaster. Even bigger and better game designers have gotten into a lot worse messes over littler things than that.
Exactly. I don't hate DP (or any other of the clone brigade) because he's a clone, but I do hate the fact that they showed bias to one series over another.

Hong

The Strongest
Okay, I'm totally convinced 'Luna' is just Severa at this point.
She even has the shoulder-shield-thing! Do Mercenaries in FE If have that?
That is the new Mercenary standard issue as of Awakening

That's also why i don't think Nyx is necessarily a descendant of Tharja, as others have claimed... in that her outfit is only similar because the Dark Mage class was artistically redesigned starting from Awakening onward. Likewise, we can pick out a number of classes at a glance precisely because they have their Awakening designs, slightly altered and updated.

But Luna? Has the same class, demeanour, and even her name is a play on Severa's. She even remarks that the player seems familiar when you talk to her. We 100% know it's not just a coincidence... Those that edited the direct captured her and that dialogue intentionally.
Exactly. I don't hate DP (or any other of the clone brigade) because he's a clone, but I do hate the fact that they showed bias to one series over another.
As an actual fan of Kid Icarus, even then I am annoyed everything is from Sakurai's vision of the series. 3 incredibly generic and uninspried items that are complete trash and have no legacy behind them... when the original Kid Icarus, while not exactly the most expansive game, still has untapped material.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Follow-up time!

Thought I'd share my Graduation Photo with you guys.

We diiiiiid it.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Something I noticed in the "My Castle" translation was the fact that after defeating another player you can recruit a member of his team. Does this mean you could potentially recruit characters from the other storyline, or will they be locked based on which version you're playing? We saw that you can definitely interact and fight with any player regardless of version, so I'm curious how that will work out. I'm guessing there will be some form of restriction though, otherwise you could get all the characters in one version with enough grinding. Perhaps you can only recruit them for your town, not for battle.

Also, could you potentially recruit multiples of the same character? Could I potentially form an army of Camillas/Jokers/Harolds/etc to do my bidding? I'm guessing not, but it would be kind of cool to see an army of wyvern riders going ham on my enemies.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
I'm imagining Kamui and Robin brofisting each other like Goku and Vegeta:

Reminds me of this:
image.jpg

Oh yeah. My thoughts on Fire Emblem IF have pretty much been already said.
Love how they are taking more stuff from Gaiden, but using 'em in a new and unique ways. And yeah, the face rubbing thing is weird, but whatever since it seems like just an optional support function.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Fire Emblem amie is incredibly dehumanizing and immoral, but ofcourse most of you weebs would disagree, as it would finally allow you to "touch you in game WAIFU!" What the **** has Fire Emblem become?

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
Congratulations @ Raziek Raziek on your degree!

And my thoughts about FE If is that I'm still hyped for it, it looks amazing but the "Waifu Amie" really disturbed me and I can't believe they are doing that to FE, I mean what the actual **** happened? I'm still going to play it but I think I'm going to stay away from that.

And still waiting for more news of SMT x FE, personally I liked what they showed but I think they still need to reveal more things and reference of both games.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Fire Emblem amie is incredibly dehumanizing and immoral, but ofcourse most of you weebs would disagree, as it would finally allow you to "touch you in game WAIFU!" What the **** has Fire Emblem become?
A game that has appeal for more than the hardcore fans who needlessly hate Awakening.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So you think it's perfectly acceptable to stroke and feed humans like they were pets? Does that not seem wrong to you in any way?
No, not really. I wish people were that friendly sometimes.
Plus, I hail from the The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train, that kind of stuff is the norm here. Embarrass

Hong

The Strongest
My advice is to stop taking Fire Emblem seriously anymore, as I have starting from Awakening.

Which is not to say that you should dismiss the game as a product and source of entertainment. What I mean is to learn to laugh it off; it got really weird really fast with Awakening and took some wild turns and it's not turning back any time soon.

Does nothing to take away from the hundreds of hours of gameplay, degree of challenge (please be harder than Awakening), extreme amount of depth, and well-refined game experience overall. Yeah, otaku aspects are awful if you preferred having a story, world, and characters that you could take seriously... But when I put that all aside I've been able to enjoy the experience. While I understand the characters are less than desirable, the story has a reasonable chance of being good, given that it is being handled by an actual writer and not a programmer.

Such is necessary for the series to survive. They won't ship copies if they don't expand the market. That's just how it is.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You guys complain too much.

We're still getting a story route completely tailored to the type of gameplay from older FEs. That's pretty important to remember.

There's probably never going to be another PoR & RD. Accept that the genre is going to be playing both sides as best as it can.

Everything I have seen thus far pertaining to IF has been a step UP from Awakening, not down.

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
In a way, Intelligent System "sold" Fire Emblem and decided to make more commercial in a way, at least to attract certain group of costumers. With Awakening it was OK, S-supports were cool and all that stuff but I think that with IF thinks are escalating really quickly.

EDIT: To avoid double post

Apart from all the weird Japanese features, still we're getting 2 Fire Emblems games story wise, it isn't like Pokemon, there are like different games in way. So I still thank that to IS because is a lot more reasonable to buy that compared to Pokemon.

Also you can have Marth, Ike, Robin and Lucina. I hope Ike is as OP as he is in PoR and RD.

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
My advice is to stop taking Fire Emblem seriously anymore, as I have starting from Awakening.

Which is not to say that you should dismiss the game as a product and source of entertainment. What I mean is to learn to laugh it off; it got really weird really fast with Awakening and took some wild turns and it's not turning back any time soon.

Does nothing to take away from the hundreds of hours of gameplay, degree of challenge (please be harder than Awakening), extreme amount of depth, and well-refined game experience overall. Yeah, otaku aspects are awful if you preferred having a story, world, and characters that you could take seriously... But when I put that all aside I've been able to enjoy the experience. While I understand the characters are less than desirable, the story has a reasonable chance of being good, given that it is being handled by an actual writer and not a programmer.

Such is necessary for the series to survive. They won't ship copies if they don't expand the market. That's just how it is.
You're right. And plus, I can still rely on older FE titles, the true Fire Emblem as I like to call it. It's just that with SMTXFE, FE Amie, and the rise of the weeaboo like "waifu" culture that has permeated the fan base has seemed to happen way too quick in the last year and a half, and it sucks that it comes from Awakening fans who completely dismiss the other 12 games in the series and just let Awakening define the fire emblem series as a whole.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

While I'm indifferent of the FE Amie aspect people still shouldn't completely shun the whole game. If you don't like it, don't use it. It's that simple.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Face rubbing is weird, but from what we know so far, it's optional. You can count me as part of the camp that will be ignoring that feature completely. I think it's nice that they're trying to add new things to the series, but I hope they don't wind up taking everything that defined the franchise away with every passing installment.

I want to know if Lunatic and Lunatic+ are returning. They probably will, but I'd like me some confirmation.

Last edited:

Meta651

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meta651
I want to hear if Lunatic and Lunatic+ is returning. It probably is, but I'd like me some confirmation.
I see that you're from the group that likes to challenge RNG goddess Anna.

I can't get past Chapter 4 in my Lunatic run and is turning frustrating :mad088:

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I see that you're from the group that likes to challenge RNG goddess Anna.

I can't get past Chapter 4 in my Lunatic run and is turning frustrating :mad088:
I actually have yet to play Awakening believe it or not. I want to get through at least most of Rekka no Ken AKA Fire Emblem GBA before buying it lol

I'd also get Shadow Dragon too but boy is it pricey online.

Hong

The Strongest
Different cultures. :ohwell:
Well now, that's still a bit bold.

I mean, some life-long friends and really close students is one thing... But even in the most exaggerated world imaginable, it is really strange for a general to invite their subordinates into their room to touch their face... let's not dance around the elephant.

Not to say silly is bad. It's really not far from Awakening's rather... interesting interactions. They wouldn't show it off like that if they didn't think their audience would understand that it's supposed to be a little streamlined.
You're right. And plus, I can still rely on older FE titles, the true Fire Emblem as I like to call it. It's just that with SMTXFE, FE Amie, and the rise of the weeaboo like "waifu" culture that has permeated the fan base has seemed to happen way too quick in the last year and a half, and it sucks that it comes from Awakening fans who completely dismiss the other 12 games in the series and just let Awakening define the fire emblem series as a whole.
Besides, I don't think it's out of the realm to get a darker, more serious Fire Emblem in the future.

Keep in mind that Fire Emblem didn't "die" per se, so much as it was saved from the brink of death. Revitalized. It's alive and well, but it's still walking around the hospital dragging around an IV and a little high on morphine. It's going to take a good two or three games to not only keep the series alive, but establish it, and really get its name out there. Not enough people are playing Fire Emblem yet.

Awakening sold well, but not enough that they can start to veer too far away from what saved their lives. They got something that finally worked. Imagine how they feel, how terrified they must be of doing something that could end up costing them the series entirely. Just think about how hard it has been on Narihiro and his team just to add Casual mode. Many of them despise it... but they know being stubborn won't get them anywhere.

I'd be so bold as to say that If is a little more serious than Awakening in the worldly sense. The kind of struggle, the grim nature of the world... All Awakening did was throw numbers around and ****. Like "WE LOST 2182189059 SOLDIERS AND OUR COUNTRYSIDE IS IN RUINS BOO HOO" and you just took their word for it. Now we get to see people get riddled with arrows and stuff. The world feels much more oppressive, which is good. Nohr is in serious trouble, and Hoshido is going to suffer because of it.

We're getting there IMO.
I agree...If seems to be addressing every complaint I have with Awakening, and adding things I never knew I wanted.
Like Harold.
View attachment 54454
Just look at that chin, guys.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm entertained thoroughly by the "weeaboo" (ugh that word kills me inside), stuff in the new FEs and I've been playing FE since Rekka no Ken.

Is someone going to sue me and call me a "not real" FE fan for that?

Why does "weeaboo" get bashed to pieces again, even?

Goodness...

Tacticulbacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tacticulbacon

I don't necessarily love it but it's not like it's gamebreaking or anything. Besides, there's culture differences that you may not recognize. Either way, you can just choose to ignore it and play the game.

Top Bottom